The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #351
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 5

Apparently the guys who wrote the script for Origins ran ideas past singer while writing it to see what he thought of them, so its hard to say If singer would ignore origins

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-16-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #352
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I will say It again.The minute Bryan singer tied mid to late 20's xavier and
magneto to 1962 with first Class the door was opened for a retcon of trilogy
taking place In 1990's.It remains to be seen for sure rather they went through
that door but It's not the crayest thing to imagine them doing.

As for Cyclops If new addation Is teenage cyclops there Is no way around It oriigns Is conterdicted but he has shown willingness to do that

1:Moira In first class tottally conterdicts version In Last Stand.In Bryan version of first class she would have had larger role than in the Vaughn version
2:He choose to have Emma frost which opened up the plothole which because she was never mentioned as Emma frost In Oriigs they had way out
3:It was his Idea to have Xavier cripple and he and magneto part ways In 1962 conterdicting end of origins and begining of Last stand
4:If Peter dinklage Is indeed playing boliver trask It will be a Emma situation again when Trask at time was suspose to be character Bill Duke was playing In Last Stand but because of no indication of scientist background and him being refered to as only Secretary Trask gave them an opening

Old 06-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #353
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Apparently the guys who wrote the script for Origins ran ideas past singer while writing it to see what he thought of them, so its hard to say If singer would ignore origins
I am not sure he would have liked Origins conterdicting akalai lake weapon X that he had In X2.

As long as they wouldn't go Into obvious coterdicting like having Cyclops In 1973 then retconning can be avoided and they can keep things vague but If Cyclops Is In 1973 that's going to require some retconning.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #354
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post

As for Cyclops If new addation Is teenage cyclops there Is no way around It oriigns Is conterdicted but he has shown willingness to do that
This argument works, assuming the ages of Professor Xavier and Magneto in the original trilogy are the same as those of Stewart and McKellen at the time of shooting X-Men (2000). That, however, has not been established. And if the actors ages are what you're going by, then you're argument is especially moot, as they cast a 27 year old to play Cyclops... in 1973. That absolutely does not match the age of Marsden's Cyclops, regardless of whether or not the original trilogy takes place in the 1990s or the 2000s. So, no, I don't think Josh Helman's involvement is further evidence that the events of the original trilogy are being changed to take place during the 1990s.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #355
BMM
Side-Kick

Has anyone considered that Josh Helman may be playing a young William Stryker?

Brian Cox was 56 while shooting X2, in 2002, and Helman is 27 while shooting Days of Future Past, which takes place in 1973. That puts Helman around the same age as Cox in the original trilogy... assuming the original trilogy takes place 30 years later and not 20.

Last edited by BMM; 06-16-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #356
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
I am not sure he would have liked Origins conterdicting akalai lake weapon X that he had In X2.

As long as they wouldn't go Into obvious coterdicting like having Cyclops In 1973 then retconning can be avoided and they can keep things vague but If Cyclops Is In 1973 that's going to require some retconning.
there is a Jack the giant slayer interviews where he was talking about writers who he feels he works best with and said something about the guys or someone who wrote Origins called him up and ran some of the ideas past him to get his opinion or something like that

he also said his favorite mutant is Xavier

i see it on youtube

Old 06-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #357
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post

Brian Cox was 56 while shooting X2, in 2002, and Helman is 27 while shooting Days of Future Past, which takes place in 1973. That puts Helman around the same age as Cox in the original trilogy... assuming the original trilogy takes place 30 years later and not 20.
but there is another actor already playing a young william stryker in Origins, unless singer is ignoring Origins but then you would think singer would leave that character alone to avoid confusion timeline wise

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-16-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #358
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:

Perhaps he's playing a young Jason Stryker, I know he was in origins but the actor they got to play mutant 143 in X2 looked so old that its possible for him to be around 18,19 in the 70's which I imagine Josh Helman would be able to pull off, they always have twenty-somethings playing teens. Especially if this timeline retcon stuff is actually true, and OT takes place in the nineties, but I don't think so. In fact disregard my entire post!

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 06-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #359
JP
Smelly

Quote:

I thought of that, as well.

Remember, Stryker's Bodyguardbeing listed?

I wonder if Stryker Sr. would show up again from First Class.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #360
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It defently Is possable that there may prequel elements to X2.

with both X2 and first class there defently were some surprises.

We could argue about mutants but it could actully be younger stryker.Say I am wrong and there will be no attempt to retcon timeline that fits Brain Cox's age.

It was always hard for me to buy Danny huston as young Brian Cox so I wouldn't object to this conterdicting.Being true to Origins Isn't exactly a high priority to them.While they seem to want to honor last Stand at least untill time travel correcting of things happen
they seem to want to kinda forget about origins.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #361
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
taking place In 1990's.
You can say it all you like, it doesn't make it true, or any more likely to happen.

Retconning the trilogy to take place in the 90's doesn't make the slightest bit of sense and would have absolutely no benefit. Why? What do they gain from saying that was the 90's? Nothing at all.

And as BMM points out, actor's ages are irrelevant. Like anyone actually cares that McKellen and Stewart were playing characters a decade older than themselves.

Last edited by Double B; 06-16-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #362
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
You can say it all you like, it doesn't make it true.

Retconning the trilogy to take place in the 90's doesn't make the slightest bit of sense and would have absolutely no benefit.

Why? What do they gain from saying that was the 90's? Nothing at all.

And as BMM points out, actor's ages are irrelevant. Like anyone actually cares that McKellen and Stewart were playing characters a decade older than themselves.
I also love how people think a healthy 70 year old can't look like Ian or Patrick in X1... good lord, there's plenty of people that don't look as old as they are...

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 06-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #363
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I also love how people think a healthy 70 year old can't look like Ian or Patrick in X1... good lord, there's plenty of people that don't look as old as they are...
Exactly! You ask the average person to tell the difference between a 60 and a 70 year old, and unless it's a particularly aged-looking 75 year old, there's not that much difference at all. McKellen and Stewart could easily pass as playing 70+ years old in the OT.

Just because you're 70, you don't suddenly become a walking skeleton.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #364
JP
Smelly

Just look at 81 year old Rita Moreno!

Old 06-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #365
Double B
Side-Kick

Good Lord.

She looks incredible.

So yes, 'nuff said. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Professor X or Magneto being 70+ in the OT.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #366
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
She looks incredible.

So yes, 'nuff said. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Professor X or Magneto being 70+ in the OT.
You don't seriously think she naturally looks like that?! lol

The real Rita is in the dumpster of a plastic surgeon's office somewhere in Beverly Hills. That's the nipped, tucked, botoxed version!

Old 06-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #367
JP
Smelly

Even if that's true, it's more than her looks. Watching her on Happily Divoreced, she's as spry as a slinky.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #368
The Guard
Side-Kick

I don't understand the need to know the exact year that X-MEN, X2, etc take place in.

It's "The Not Too Distant Future" for a reason.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 06-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #369
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

And to be fair.... Ian has looked pretty weathered in all the xmen films anyway.... And Xavier does appear to be a couple years younger than Erik... And on top of that.... Patrick Stewart has pretty tight face skin... Wouldn't shock me if its been touched up. Regardless... Say X1 takes place in 2000... The Germans surrendered in 1945 (55 years) and we can guess Erik was 13 then... Which would put him as a very believable 68 years old in X1

Old 06-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #370
JP
Smelly

Patrick Stewart's face was a mess back in the X3 days. Looked like an Asian woman. Thankfully he looks more natural these days.. unless he just got a better doctor. LOL

Old 06-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #371
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Patrick Stewart's face was a mess back in the X3 days. Looked like an Asian woman. Thankfully he looks more natural these days.. unless he just got a better doctor. LOL

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 06-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #372
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

WTF is that? Is that Rob Lowe morphing into Mystique???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
He does nothing for me.
Haha maybe coz you're into the younguns.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #373
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

1:Moira In first class tottally conterdicts version In Last Stand.In Bryan version of first class she would have had larger role than in the Vaughn version
2:He choose to have Emma frost which opened up the plothole which because she was never mentioned as Emma frost In Oriigs they had way out
3:It was his Idea to have Xavier cripple and he and magneto part ways In 1962 conterdicting end of origins and begining of Last stand
4:If Peter dinklage Is indeed playing boliver trask It will be a Emma situation again when Trask at time was suspose to be character Bill Duke was playing In Last Stand but because of no indication of scientist background and him being refered to as only Secretary Trask gave them an opening
doesn't this also conflict with Xavier's and Magneto's backstory as established in X1
"When I was 17 I met a young man named Eric Lensherr"... _ Xavier

or even in X2 when he suggested that Magneto helped built Cerebro

just saying, the continuous errors are not limited only to X3
(they where many continuous errors though out the movies)

Old 06-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #374
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Bryan Singer briefly spoke about expanding the X-MEN universe in the latest issue of SFX Magazine. Using 20th Century Fox’s selection of Marvel superheroes, the director talked about “creative consultant” Mark Millar’s role with the films – including the upcoming Fantastic Four reboot – and how things will be utilized for future films.

“It’s been a worthwhile thing [working with Millar] as he’s been brought in to just look at the whole universe,” says Singer. “I’ve basically rebooted the universe twice already, in that I booted it up once with ‘X-Men’ and then rebooted it with ‘First Class.’ I’m very keenly interested in exploring the X-Men universe in the same way that Marvel have done with the Avengers. It’s an enormous universe and not just in the issues that it confronts. A lot of Marvel’s famous characters have already been used but there’s still a few left.

http://x-menfilms.com/2013/06/15/bry...-men-universe/
Here's hoping for Psylocke, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Polaris, Forge in the next several X-Men movies!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 06-17-2013, 03:45 AM   #375
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I don't understand the need to know the exact year that X-MEN, X2, etc take place in.

It's "The Not Too Distant Future" for a reason.
Because 'not too distant future' isn't a fixed point in time. The future depends on the year you are in at the time. Also, the past was defined in X1 by the opening scene in 1944 so, unless you want to leave it vague and some people can then argue Magneto might have been aged 147, it must be at a definite point. Defining that point will help the timeline and continuity of the series.

It's like when people write 'today' or 'tomorrow' or 'next week' on the internet. Even worse when the article that says it doesn't have a timestamp on it, making it impossible to know when the writer's 'next week' actually was. It's meaningless because it changes depending where you are at the time when you see those words.

Words like future, past, today, tomorrow, are all relative. Today is tomorrow's yesterday