Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #751
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
the thing is this "kid" has 27 years old, lol.

So Bryan would basically use a young Cyclops being older than young Beast, older than Origins Cyclops and same age as Cyclops on X1.

what a mess,

Id love to see young Cyclops on a FC sequel, but this one would be a continuity error.
I wouldn't take his current age as a factor into who or what character he's playing. Actors play characters that are significantly older or younger than their own personal ages all the time.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #752
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think a lot of speculation on who the new addation could be wrong since my
money Is on
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
him being younger version of William Stryker.There Is already hint of stryker being in film

now based on age this could In theory be Cyclops.20ish actors often are cast as
teenage characters.Believe me I won't be complaning If Bryan Singer decides to say screw it and ignore origins and include Cyclops but I think It's more likely
a young william stryker working with boliver trask.And possibilty setting up mutants for events In Paris

Old 06-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #753
Gambits' Ace
Weapon of Choice

I actually have a crazy theory with regards this new actor Josh Helman. With the time travel aspect of the story what if Singer works in the concept of the Siege Perilous as a means for transportation and Boliver Trask, as possibly played by Peter Dinklage, enters the Siege Perilous and returns as Josh Helman, a much stronger version of the character. It would make sense why they hired Dinklage if that was the angle they were going for and why both Dinklage and Helman are "mystery" characters. In his photo he does look a little like Dinklage.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #754
rory
Side-Kick

Honestly, I hope it isn't Stryker. Enough is enough already (unless the events of DoFP push him to become a televangelist...honestly, why did they drop that aspect of his character for X2? They played up Nightcrawler's faith just fine...Stryker would have been a good foil in this regard...anyway, end rant).

But I do have to say, given Helman's resemblance to Marsden and the secrecy of his character, I do have a bit of hope....

Old 06-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #755
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

I just don't see how a young Cyclops would fit into either timeline. Stryker makes more sense, as it's hinted in X2 Xavier and Mags have had past ties with him.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #756
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I wouldn't take his current age as a factor into who or what character he's playing. Actors play characters that are significantly older or younger than their own personal ages all the time.
I know, but if you look most recent pics of him, you could tell he is closer to 30s than to 20s.

And the main issue is that he would look older than Hank, when he is supposed to have around 30 years on the 70's.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #757
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I'm hoping for young Cyclops. Don't care if it doesn't make all sense with the timeline, then again no set time was ever revealed in the films when the original trilogy took place. Would love seeing future Wolverine meet a young Cyke. Like someone said, there needs to be some emotional context for the time traveler to meet people he knows from his time.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #758
JP
Smelly

@adancanto 24 Jun@ghosthunter718: @X4X5Campaign I'm excited for @adancanto as Sunspot!!” Thanks! Next summer.

That confirms that.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #759
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
I just don't see how a young Cyclops would fit into either timeline. Stryker makes more sense, as it's hinted in X2 Xavier and Mags have had past ties with him.
Xavier and Mag's past ties with him had to do with his son. I'd doubt Stryker would have an old enough so in the 70's for that relationship to be relevant enough to explore.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #760
josh8
Side-Kick

God I really how Stryker is not in this movie. Enough with the Logan connections!!!! Bryan Singer, I have faith in you... do not do this again.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #761
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If stryker Is In movie It's more likely to show past with Xavier and Magneto and possibly working with Trask and how that can echo what Stryker will do In X2.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #762
JP
Smelly

Yeah, like his father in First Class, it's likely just to add a "name" character to the political side of the film.

We know the film takes place during the Vietnam war, and we also know Stryker fought in that war (and his father could still be CIA..).

Old 06-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #763
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
If stryker Is In movie It's more likely to show past with Xavier and Magneto and possibly working with Trask and how that can echo what Stryker will do In X2.
Haha yeah, and I don't want any of that!

No offense to Brian Cox, but in retrospect, I really that Stryker was the villain of X2. I know that any villain can be written to be compelling. However, when there's so many higher profile villains to choose from and so far all we've seen is Magneto and Stryker (and then Shaw over ten years later) enough is enough.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #764
Angamb
Banned User

I get u, but how epic it would be if this movie had Xavier against Magneto, Striker, Trask and Shaw all together???

it would be AWESOME!

when we could have them, why do we need Sinister and Apocalypse? Lol

Old 06-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #765
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

They had Stryker's father In First Class to add more dimension to stryker's family connection in films.

Stryker Is face of antimutant humans In film series.But remember If stryker Is In film he would be supporting to peter Dinklage's character,who Is most likely Trask but that hasn't been confirmed but is 90 to 99 percent likely.

I can totally see Bryan Singer having younger william Stryker In film.He has called DOFP a Inbetweenequel when asked if he views this as sequel to first class,prequel to X-Men trilogy,or X4.

Considering how a lot of comic book films kill villains off after one film having Magneto,Mystique,Pyro,and Stryker in more than 1 films Is like comic books.Outside of X-Men films only Loki and The Scarecrow have been In more than 1 films.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #766
Melapi
Side-Kick

I don't mind if Stryker is back. He was a great character and I think it could be pretty cool to see him develope his nasty feelings against mutants.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #767
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Stryker is a C list villain in the X-men comics... lets bring on much more known A-listers please... enough with him

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 06-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #768
JP
Smelly

We have Trask.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #769
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
We have Trask.
to me Trask isn't that grand, his Sentinels FAR out-way his villainy.

I'd much prefer we eventually get a REAL Juggernaut, Nimrod, Mr. Sinister, some variation of Apocalypse, hell at this point i'd take Danger and Mojo (who will never happen) and Onslaught.

hell we've yet to even get a good strong classic depiction of Magneto's Brotherhood.

i'd love to see the x-men fight a great fight with other mutants.

we almost got it in FC, and i don't think we saw it all that greatly portrayed in any of the previous films

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 06-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #770
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Xavier and Mag's past ties with him had to do with his son. I'd doubt Stryker would have an old enough so in the 70's for that relationship to be relevant enough to explore.

in X-men Origins (set during Vietnam and 6 afterwards) his son was about 9 or 10 and frozen in ice, the movie takes place about 17 years before whenever X-men 1 is set.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #771
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

This Is days of future past.None of those others fit story.

We are getting Sentinles for future part of film.

A version of Brotherhood was inevital due to DOFP storyline.

There were bound to be some human villains In DOFP.Peter Dinklage Is almost
certinly Trask.So Idea of younger Stryker working with Trask Is hardly out of left field If that I sindeed where It's going In DOFP.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #772
Great Mind(s)
Broken

It better not be William Stryker. We've had his story. X2 should really be unique in the sense that it's Stryker's turn to eradicate mutants. Let this be Trask's turn.

I'm thinking either Franklin Richards OR Mr. Sinister.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #773
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
It better not be William Stryker. We've had his story. X2 should really be unique in the sense that it's Stryker's turn to eradicate mutants. Let this be Trask's turn.

I'm thinking either Franklin Richards OR Mr. Sinister.
I think your wrong.whoever he's playing factors Into 1973 part of film.That
alone rules out franklin richards.

Since villains In 1973 are likely Trask for humans and Magneto for mutants I
am very skeptical of sinster In this film.And he shouldn't be.The time for sinster is for future film not DOFP.

Brotherhood,Antimutant humans,and sentinles are approate and all we need villains for DOFP.

Josh Helman could be playing a mutant In 1973 but listing on internetmoviedatabase crew of
Stryker stunt bodyguard

may be hint to who he Is playing.when It comes to crew on upcoming films that Is more accurate than cast.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #774
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I hope Josh Helman is playing a mutant but not Cyclops!

And I don't want to see Stryker again! Like seriously, do we need to revisit that character again. He had his time in X2 and Origins.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 06-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #775
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
CineEurope (Europe's biggest and most important event in the movie industry) is taking place in Barcelona, Spain this week and today (Tuesday) Fox did their presentation. Surely they must have had something from DOFP on show there to get exhibitors excited?

http://www.filmexpos.com/cineeurope/schedule-of-events

OMG!

Quote:
Other highlights in the Fox presentation included extended trailers for Walking With Dinosaurs: The 3D Movie and The Book Thief, an action sequence from The Wolverine, and Bryan Singer’s behind-the-scenes video tour of the set of X-Men: Days of Future Past. Singer noted there was “a very international flavor to the film” as it is set in Russia, France, China, Washington D.C., New York and beyond.
http://www.screendaily.com/news/dist...contentID=1846

Closed Thread