Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #951
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Becasue based on Spoiler It Is possibly misleading people just as X2 did.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Famke Janssen having stunt double means Jean Is part of action at some point.This certinly Isn't a cameo at end of film.This could be hiding what happens to Jean In X2 all over again
ohh i think i understand what you mean

Old 06-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #952
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

edit

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-28-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #953
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Over at IMDB the following actors have listed stunt doubles

Hugh Jackman.Anna Paquin.Ellen Page.Shawn Ashmore.Famke Janssen.Adan Canto.Nicholas Hoult.Jennifer Lawrence.Josh Helman.Bingbing Fan.Halle Berry.Plus listing of Stryker stunt bodyguard

This gives Idea on some characters Involved In action sequenzes.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #954
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

hopefully one appears for marsden at some point otherwise looks like he has the short end of the stick once again

Old 06-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #955
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Forget all these ridiculous rumors. Let's talk about continuity problems. I'm a 1994 guy. Just think it makes sense.

1944: Pretty much what we saw in FC
1962: Magneto/Eric in their late 20's
1973: DoFP (1973 events)
1979: X-Men Origins.
1994: OT

That still puts Magneto/Xavier in their late 60's. All is well and good. 1985 Hum-V models be damned. Continuity is solved...

As for the latest rumors, I think MarvelRobbins originally proposed that the alternate future could indeed be used to setup the events of the OT. That the happy/corrected timeline is the OT itself. All the events at the end of TLS are preserved. Everyone still ends up dead... Wolverine probably dies in The Wolverine, or loses his powers, so that closes his arc. That looks like the play to go with. Why??? You culminate this franchise on an awesome high note. Then you can reboot with a brand new cast, as opposed to Star Treking the whole thing. In other words, DoFP falls within the following time frame:

1973: Sentinels conceived
2000's: Post Apocalyptics future which is prevented. This explains TLS having Sentinel models for Danger Room training.

Last edited by Mr.M; 06-28-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #956
Great Mind(s)
Broken

No it doesn't make sense. Did N'Sync have their "Bye bye bye" song released in 1995? Did cars from the 2000s exist in the 90s? Is "the not too distant future" in 2000 actually mean "the not too distant past, 1994" ??

You can't just make up your own continuity like that. Okay so in MY X-Men films, Rogue actually had a penis. There's no evidence she didn't, it makes sense. It's why Bobby was visually disappointed when she returned with the cure. He really thought he had an out. JK, just c'mon they're set at least in the year 2000.
Are you saying that DOFP will happen before TLS? I like the idea of an explanation for the Danger Room session but not like that. How about, Xavier has been training mutants for a Sentinel take-over since the 70s?

Old 06-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #957
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I have always been on theory that Bryan Singer would like to pull a Superman
Returns to Origins and Last stand like he did with Superman III and IV.Even casting ellen Page againas kitty doesn't disprove that theory since Kitty was
In X-Men and X2.It's very possable Bryan's all films are being acknowledged Is
a misdirection.It's not like he's not capable of misleading people If you remember the lengths he went to to hide setup for phoenix and Jean's sacrifice.

The terminater,or the original version now that's it's being rebooted,Is time travel story where attempts to change the future actully brings about future.Maybe something similar happens but with a twist to fit Bryan's correcting some things.

Perhapes future scenes of DOFP are In alternate future where time travel of DOFP leads to only events of X-Men and X2 maintained.

Back to the future was also mentioned by Bryan.Perhapes end of film would have Wolverine returning to future to find It very different.In back to future Michael J Fox returned to a 1985 world which was much different than the one he left.

If Fox wants to do another prequel the film might end In 1973 with Xavier and Beast not knowing if future Wolverine was trying to prevent was avoided

Due to report at of
Famke Janssen stunt double and previous sighting of James Marsden on plane to montreal with halle Berry Maybe Jean and Cyclops are only part of alternate future with Sentinles

The Wolverine Is more problematic.But,It depends on what Is actully referenced onscreen In film.Not what Is said In Interviews by James Mangold.

I don't believe for a second DOFP Is a planned end for series.Fox will reboot when they have an outright bomb not when they could be having a major success with Days of future past.And when current team reportly are involved with making plans for future films.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #958
martindp1
Side-Kick

More & more i believe this film takes place before between first class & x men 1 given the chracters that are involve

Old 06-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #959
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well the 1973 part of film is defently set between first Class and X-Men.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #960
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
No it doesn't make sense. Did N'Sync have their "Bye bye bye" song released in 1995? Did cars from the 2000s exist in the 90s? Is "the not too distant future" in 2000 actually mean "the not too distant past, 1994" ??

You can't just make up your own continuity like that. Okay so in MY X-Men films, Rogue actually had a penis. There's no evidence she didn't, it makes sense. It's why Bobby was visually disappointed when she returned with the cure. He really thought he had an out. JK, just c'mon they're set at least in the year 2000.
Are you saying that DOFP will happen before TLS? I like the idea of an explanation for the Danger Room session but not like that. How about, Xavier has been training mutants for a Sentinel take-over since the 70s?
So the contuinity of our beloved franchise will be based on the release of an N' Sync song? How do we know not so distant future is not referring to 1944 to 1994? Still fits the bill. I think the problem is trying to correlate real historical events with the exact dates in which the films took place. This is incorrect. Nowhere in Origins did we get a news reel referring to that tower collapsing as the "Three Mile Island" incident. The meltdown could have already unfolded some time prior. The Cuban Missle crisis of course, we know what time frame that is. But does the movie specificy an actual date? We know it is early 1960's, that much is certain, but we can't pinpoint a date in the year. The only date that is specified is 1944 in the camps I believe. Everything else is vague and ambiguous, subject to interpretation.

Last edited by Mr.M; 06-28-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #961
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:

As long as they don't have Josh Helman playing Cyclops they can keep being vague as to when trilogy took place.

If you want to place X-Men In 2000 and say patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen In ealry 60's were playing nearly 70 year old Xavier and magneto than james Marsden could be playing 30ish Cyclops.Cyclops Is suspose to be around same age as Storm and Jean.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #962
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
So the contuinity of our beloved franchise will be based on the release of an N' Sync song? How do we know not so distant future is not referring to 1944 to 1994? Still fits the bill. I think the problem is trying to correlate real historical events with the exact dates in which the films took place. This is incorrect. Nowhere in Origins did we get a news reel referring to that tower collapsing as the "Three Mile Island" incident. The meltdown could have already unfolded some time prior. The Cuban Missle crisis of course, we know what time frame that is. But does the movie specificy an actual date? We know it is early 1960's, that much is certain, but we can't pinpoint a year. The only date that is specified is 1944 in the camps I believe. Everything else is vague and ambiguous, subject to interpretation.
We know first Class apart from 1944 scenes are set In 1962.We are given that
date.

Most X-Men films are vague In when they take place.

With origins alone we don't know when during the vietnam war Wolverine and sabretooth were recruited Into team X,how long till Wolverine left,and when the "6 years later" bulk of film takes place.It can't be any later than 1979

Old 06-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #963
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
We know first Class apart from 1944 scenes are set In 1962.We are given that
date.

Most X-Men films are vague In when they take place.

With origins alone we don't know when during the vietnam war Wolverine and sabretooth were recruited Into team X,how long till Wolverine left,and when the "6 years later" bulk of film takes place.It can't be any later than 1979
I agree. It really doesn't matter when the sequential stuff occurs because I am of the belief that we are getting two separate timelines, meaning everything will be null and void, as much as you disagree with that. But the point is, you can't pinpoint exactly when all of it took place.

With all this evidence of a brain swap occuring in Wolverine, that alone nullifies everything that ensues. And even if his mind is restored and he is back in Vietnam, there are still profound implications that go with that.

Now with this report of Scott/Jean. Could the corrected timeline mean not only do these two survive the OT, but do all the mutants team together to stop the sentinels? Replacing the X-Men Brotherhood war with a human/mutant vs Sentinel war and effectively nullifying the OT further? Otherwise, they are simply completely ignoring Origins and TLS. Singer has denied this, and I take him at his word. TLS is still vague continuity, and there is evidence of that.

To sum it up, we could have two scenarios:

1. Sentinels win in the future, everyone dies. This is because Magneto/Xavier were constantly measuring ***** instead of paying attention to a bigger issue that loomed large.

2. Sentinels lose in the future, through the combined efforts of the mutants and humans to stop the Sentinels.

Note that Sentinels never arise in the first place is not a scenario that can exist. This is an extension of the Terminator concept.

So maybe 1973 is just a campaign to stop Magneto's voracious pursuit of revenge, and actually getting all parties together to team up and stop the threat. A FC 3 could better provide evidence to strengthen an alliance that effectively nullifies the war we saw in the OT.

So I am thinking the apocalyptic future isn't some alternate timeline. It's going to happen. But how do we win it? And DoFP could extend future sequences to show how the war is won. The future events could even take place at the climax of the film, mutants/humans united and all.

Last edited by Mr.M; 06-28-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #964
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i suppose it all depends if the future stuff is only at the start of the film and once wolverine time travels we don't see the future anymore or if the future stuff is seen in parts through out the film similar to wolverine and the X-men

Old 06-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #965
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If
Jean Grey Is part of action against Sentinles
there Is
no way around It we were misled and future with Sentinles IS an alternate
future.

I seriously doudt Bryan Singer will end DOFP In the hole last Stand left series In.
There are reasons he has made the correcting some things comments.

Back In 2009 Fox could very well decided to kill any more wolverine films and just reboot the X-Men films entirely.They didn't do that.

The events of 1973 are suspose to led In some way the future with Sentinles.
We just don't know what they are.

Studios have proven time and time again they don't even a rat's ass If fans of exsisting series have closure on them or have sastifry end they just reboot to hell with what fans of series think.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #966
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i suppose it all depends if the future stuff is only at the start of the film and once wolverine time travels we don't see the future anymore or if the future stuff is seen in parts through out the film similar to wolverine and the X-men
The future scenes aren't going to be climax of film.That defeats the entire purpose of story.

One of big questions Is will all future scenes be seen first or will be get a cut back and forth between future and 1973

Old 06-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #967
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Most time travel movies, future changes occur in real time. Take Frequency for example, note how Caveziel's character gradually altered his father's past. And through these alterations, the future was immediately different. Then Dennis Quaid's character comes out of nowhere in the present day (when in previous timeline his character was dead) to kick the bad guys' asses. And it was as if nothing had ever changed and Caveziel's father was alive all along.

Juxtaposed, as Magneto's philosophy gradually changes in 1973 based on information provided by Logan, you could see real time changes to the future. Hence Cyclops and the Phoenix appear out of nowhere at the end and turn the tides on the Sentinels. That's the only way you can ressurect these characters and have it make sense.

Quote:
The future scenes aren't going to be climax of film.That defeats the entire purpose of story.

One of big questions Is will all future scenes be seen first or will be get a cut back and forth between future and 1973
I lost you. Why is this the first statement automatically the case? You simply cannot bring back Jean Grey unless you ignore TLS entirely. Let's hypothetically say this isn't the case. How would you explain her presence in the film? As the sentient form she always was? Then what about Marsden?

Last edited by Mr.M; 06-28-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #968
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
If
Jean Grey Is part of action against Sentinles
there Is
no way around It we were misled and future with Sentinles IS an alternate
future.

I seriously doudt Bryan Singer will end DOFP In the hole last Stand left series In.
There are reasons he has made the correcting some things comments.

Back In 2009 Fox could very well decided to kill any more wolverine films and just reboot the X-Men films entirely.They didn't do that.

The events of 1973 are suspose to led In some way the future with Sentinles.
We just don't know what they are.

Studios have proven time and time again they don't even a rat's ass If fans of exsisting series have closure on them or have sastifry end they just reboot to hell with what fans of series think.
the director of the wolverine has said DOFP is in the same continuity as the wolverine

and patrick stewart has said its explained how Xavier returns from the dead in DOFP

Old 06-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #969
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
the director of the wolverine has said DOFP is in the same continuity as the wolverine

and patrick stewart has said its explained how Xavier returns from the dead in DOFP
James Mangold has also said the X-men are dead and gone In The Wolverine.
Filmmakers can also mislead people as Bryan Singer did with X2 and may be doing with DOFP and as J.J. Abrams did with Into darkness.

Patrick Stewart said we will be given an explanation In DOFP for his return.He didn't mention the Xavier Mind In twin brother's body

The report of
at IMDB of stunt double for Famke Janssen
Immedetly calls Into question what we think we know because
stunt double for famke means Jean would be taking part In battles with sentinles.This means Famke would be In film more than cameo at end of film to show some things have changed

Old 06-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #970
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

What if
Jean is involved in action sequences in 1973?

Old 06-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #971
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

and
How Is that even possable.In comics Jean wasn't the real phoenix.That was cosmic entry who took her form and died.Jean had to be brought back In time travel In comics.Jean's appearance In the Wolverine Is likely dream and halluciation

Old 06-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #972
Great Mind(s)
Broken

What if Jean in The Wolverine isn't just a hallucination? What if they're continuing the Phoenix story starting with her ghost haunting Logan? Then some kind of cosmic firebird comes from out of the heavens at some point in DOFP and destroys a bunch of Sentinels?? And then Jean's unconscious body falls from the sky??

My idea!

Old 06-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #973
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
James Mangold has also said the X-men are dead and gone In The Wolverine.
Filmmakers can also mislead people as Bryan Singer did with X2 and may be doing with DOFP and as J.J. Abrams did with Into darkness.

Patrick Stewart said we will be given an explanation In DOFP for his return.He didn't mention the Xavier Mind In twin brother's body

The report of
at IMDB of stunt double for Famke Janssen
Immedetly calls Into question what we think we know because
stunt double for famke means Jean would be taking part In battles with sentinles.This means Famke would be In film more than cameo at end of film to show some things have changed
Patrick stewart said it would be explained, so that must mean him returning from the dead will be explained in the film i'm pretty much guessing and unless they do a star trek 09 and go blah blah in the 70s something changed and this is a alternative timeline ect ect then i can't see how anything would be explained or even work

they will probably find another way to bring jean back

Old 06-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #974
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
What if Jean in The Wolverine isn't just a hallucination? What if they're continuing the Phoenix story starting with her ghost haunting Logan? Then some kind of cosmic firebird comes from out of the heavens at some point in DOFP and destroys a bunch of Sentinels?? And then Jean's unconscious body falls from the sky??

My idea!
There Is nothing cosmic about Jean In the films.

The Wolverine has laregly been called a stand alone film remember.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #975
Great Mind(s)
Broken

There's nothing cosmic about Jean so far... she was getting firebird-y and saw the future in X2...if they continued that she was going to be at least a firebird that caused all kinds of anomalies and stuff in what would have been their X3.

Nothing really says she wasn't going to evolve into something cosmic. She's not the Phoenix Force from the comics but she could turn into something of her own. And yeah Mangold said that but this is Jean haunting Logan in his movie. That alone makes it not stand-alone...

Last edited by Great Mind(s); 06-28-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Closed Thread