Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonet View Post
Give it an hour or two.
iiCapan

Old 06-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #77
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Default Re: TMOS Reviews Thread - Non Spoiler Review and Discussion

Awesome news. Man I'm so pumped for this movie. The score needs to leak or an armored Zod needs to find its way into my hands. I need something...anything to tide me over til watching this movie. Haven't been this excited for a movie in a while.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #78
Manosman
Austinite

If you are avoiding spoilers don't go into the open discussion thread, they are being talked about freely.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #79
Autonet
What?

Quote:
Anthony Alvarez ‏@Anthony__35 58s Just saw man of steel, all i can say its a great movie!!!!! Awesome!
Impression above.

All the spoilers seem to be in spoiler tags so far, so it's safe (so far).

Old 06-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #80
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Impression above.

All the spoilers seem to be in spoiler tags so far, so it's safe (so far).
Safe for the strong willed. I may have entered the discussion and, in a moment of weakness, clicked a spoiler tag. Must stay away.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #81
Autonet
What?

"Bottom line; any kid who group up with a towel around their neck for a cape wishing they could fly will love #ManofSteel"

"Respectable friend has already confirmed Man of Steel is worth it's salt. "Superman 2 on steroids." June 13th can't come soon enough!"

Old 06-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #82
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
"Bottom line; any kid who group up with a towel around their neck for a cape wishing they could fly will love #ManofSteel"

"Respectable friend has already confirmed Man of Steel is worth it's salt. "Superman 2 on steroids." June 13th can't come soon enough!"
But it is nothing like STM or SMII.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #83
DanSupKP37
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
just wanted to say thank you for making this thread... the other thread is so spoiler bombed, it's crazy
And with 10 days to go what is wrong with some of them?

If this is the Superman movie we have been waiting for why spoil yourself with 10 days to go? Buy your ticket on June 14th and enjoy the show..

Old 06-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #84
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manosman View Post
And the other
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear the absolutely glowing feedback from SHH members. Man, 9 days seems like an eternity, especially as this will likely be the only thread during that time that I look at, besides perhaps the soundtrack and merchandising thread. Based on the SHH reviews I'll likely be seeing this 5...6...7 times. Or more lol!

Old 06-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #85
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSupKP37 View Post

If this is the Superman movie we have been waiting for why spoil yourself with 10 days to go? Buy your ticket on June 14th and enjoy the show..
Agreed on this.

"What was the color of Superman's poo if you don't mind me asking? Is Kryptonian feces the same color as human excrement? Can you please confirm the look on his face if his dump was satisfying or if it just was too stinky?"

For the people who bought the Wal-Mart screening: 8 days!!!!

Old 06-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #86
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear the absolutely glowing feedback from SHH members. Man, 9 days seems like an eternity, especially as this will likely be the only thread during that time that I look at, besides perhaps the soundtrack and merchandising thread. Based on the SHH reviews I'll likely be seeing this 5...6...7 times. Or more lol!
Wow! I'm seriously gushing over everything that is Superman right now. Trying to hold back tears just from sheer excitement and the extremely hardcore positive feedback. No doubt a grown man will cry, and that would be me (and I'm sure others)!

Old 06-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #87
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSupKP37 View Post

They really are getting ridiculous. A few days off are in order for some of them for just blurting out....

Old 06-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #88
Autonet
What?

The other review thread went insane. General thread people are asking every question under the sun. I couldn't go into a movie I'm hyped for knowing all those details. I'm fine with the TV spots and general GOOD/BAD impressions.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #89
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Wow! I'm seriously gushing over everything that is Superman right now. Trying to hold back tears just from sheer excitement and the extremely hardcore positive feedback. No doubt a grown man will cry, and that would be me (and I'm sure others)!

I'll be crying with you lol! I saw STID twice, and even though I knew what was going to happen the second viewing I still had to fight back tears in two spots. Hey, even Henry said he almost cried in the first 30 minutes of the movie, and he was in MOS and knows the whloe story. I don't feel like such a weak suck if even Superman can be brought to tears.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #90
Art Damage
The Joker

I'm going to an advanced screening tomorrow at 7:30. I'll give some non spoiler feedback as well! I really wish I was on the boards here more during all of the hype, haven't had a chance to play around here much since last summer....but I'm just as excited as all of you guys. I can't wait for tomorrow!

- The Joker
Old 06-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #91
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post
I'll be crying with you lol! I saw STID twice, and even though I knew what was going to happen the second viewing I still had to fight back tears in two spots. Hey, even Henry said he almost cried in the first 30 minutes of the movie, and he was in MOS and knows the whloe story. I don't feel like such a weak suck if even Superman can be brought to tears.
I feel you bro! And I'll never forget the feeling I had walking out of Superman Returns. NEVER. I had a different kind of tear and it wasn't the good kind from the level of dissapointment. Nonethless, I'm going to channel all that let-down and walk into Man of Steel with it so the tears will be streaming, no doubt (the good kind! I just know it haha.)

Also, I watched all those interviews with the cast. Maybe I'm just weak anymore, I don't know, but this cast is so highly regarded in my eyes because watching them all talk about this movie and explaining the essence in what makes Superman, Superman is one of the best things I've watched out of any cast and the sheer fact of describing the character so spot on got me all chilled up.

Can't do this any longer.....can't wait!

Old 06-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #92
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Damage View Post
I'm going to an advanced screening tomorrow at 7:30. I'll give some non spoiler feedback as well! I really wish I was on the boards here more during all of the hype, haven't had a chance to play around here much since last summer....but I'm just as excited as all of you guys. I can't wait for tomorrow!
Aw man, SWEET. We'll be watching out for you. Thanks dude, can't wait to hear your feedback and I say that with a huge smile on my face

Old 06-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #93
jthom19802
Side-Kick

I was in the open discussion starting at about 7 p.m. tonight and followed up until about five minutes ago. I have no idea how I made it out without seeing anything.

Cosmic was awesome with his answers and most were with their questions (in terms of spoiler tags), but then some have just started blurting out responses as if it couldn't be deferred what they meant or just flat out talking about something.

I'm considering myself lucky at the moment and also checking my body for bullet wounds.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #94
BatSpider
Not an S

Quote:
The other review thread went insane. General thread people are asking every question under the sun. I couldn't go into a movie I'm hyped for knowing all those details. I'm fine with the TV spots and general GOOD/BAD impressions.
I don't understand why someone would want to know everything about a movie before being visually awed by it first....

I did that with TDKR and it was honestly not the experience it could have been, even if it wasn't a good movie.

Like seriously, occupy your time and control yourself. But to each his own.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #95
Asgard
Kanga Fu

I seriously dont understand why people want to know everything about a movie before seeing it. Doesnt make any sense to me.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #96
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
That other thread was pissing me off lol. Im trying to skim through all the spoiler talk and whatnot looking for critic reactions and I had one major aspect of the movie potentially spoiled.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Knowing how the conflict with Zod might end.
omg me too!!!! I've been angry about it ALL DAY! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #97
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Yeah, Im kind of over it after reading how well MOS is being received, but still, I really wish that William guy never existed lol.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #98
Autonet
What?

Cosmic says:

Quote:
Sorry about that, man.

1. For me specifically, it's the best cbm I've seen so far. But then again, I still held SM2 as my fave cbm even after TDK came out(even though I loved it). Then The Avengers came and took that spot for me after a few rewatches. Now MOS is here, and it's at the top for me now.

2. Not sure, that's a hard question to answer. However, I think the GA will eat this movie up.

3. Don't pay attention to Rotten Tomatoes, so I can't be sure. I could see it getting a high 80's to a low 90's.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #99
Man_of_Tomorrow
Nobodys Side-Kick

Cant figure out how to properly search twitter so I ventured into the other thread briefly and pulled out this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
https://twitter.com/matropolis/statu...92529530593280

I saw Man Of Steel last night. Sneak preview. Cried several times. Amazing. Henry Cavill is a helluva #Superman!

1. Daniel Quesnel ‏@ReOwNeR 9h
    @matropolis What was the most emotional scene? And how much action does it have compared to the avengers?
    Details
  2. Matthew Ray ‏@matropolis 9h
    @reowner I think just as much if not more action then #Avengers.
    Details
  3. Matthew Ray ‏@matropolis 9h
    @reowner I cried when he first flew, and a lot of Pa Kent stuff that I don't want to spoil. It was pretty emotional. #Superman
    Details
  4. Daniel Quesnel ‏@ReOwNeR 9h
    @matropolis wow, i guess they are not lieing when they say "we are saving all the action for the movie" and not the trailers or tv spots,
    Details
  5. Daniel Quesnel ‏@ReOwNeR 9h
    @matropolis So, when he first flew, it was tears of joy?
    Details
  6. Matthew Ray ‏@matropolis 9h
    @reowner Oh yeah, but I am an old comic book sap. That stuff really gets me. They really pulled all the emotional and spiritual strings.
    Details
  7. Matthew Ray ‏@matropolis 8h
    @reowner Its a TON of action. It really starts off with all guns blazing, and doesn't let up. There was plenty of cerebral time too...
    Details

3:49 PM - 4 Jun 13 Details
Asad Qazi ‏@asdqazi 9h
@matropolis so is it better than the dark knight ?
Details

Matthew Ray ‏@matropolis

@asdqazi Oh gosh, tough question. Different. Totally different. Equally good. But I'm more of a Superman guy then Batman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarudA View Post
Twitter reaction from someone who saw a screening

Matthew Ray ‏@matropolis 1h

@classymommy Its an amazing movie. I honestly cried, lot of good messages but I haven't been a kid in a long time...
View conversation
Matthew Ray Matthew Ray ‏@matropolis 1h

@classymommy Incredible picture! I went last night to see a preview of the new movie. Loved it! Might be too adult for him!
View conversation
Matthew Ray Matthew Ray ‏@matropolis 1h

I saw Man Of Steel last night. Sneak preview. Cried several times. Amazing. Henry Cavill is a helluva #Superman!

https://twitter.com/matropolis

Old 06-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #100
Man_of_Tomorrow
Nobodys Side-Kick

Exclamation Re: TMOS Reviews Thread - Non Spoiler Review and Discussion

there could be more but thats all I could see while squinting and scrolling really fast

Closed Thread