Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #101
jthom19802
Side-Kick

Default Re: TMOS Reviews Thread - Non Spoiler Review and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
there could be more but thats all I could see while squinting and scrolling really fast
lol. Someone give this guy a medal.

I also scrolled all of those last couple of posts out of habit, it's safe to assume those are safe yes?

Old 06-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #102
Man_of_Tomorrow
Nobodys Side-Kick

9 days left, assume nothing!

Old 06-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #103
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
there could be more but thats all I could see while squinting and scrolling really fast
Brave man.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #104
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I PM'd Cosmo and he said the experience was better than Trailer 3. That's all I need to know. I'm bailing on the Hype until I see it.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #105
Ozymandias
The World's Smartest Man

Hello everyone! I've just arrived home from attending a screening in Houston, and since I have no desire to spoil the whole movie, I'll leave some thoughts here before going to sleep:

1. If you thought Batman Begins successfully rebooted the Bat franchise, then you'll likely leave the theater thinking Man of Steel accomplished the same for Superman.

2. Cavill nails the role. As an alien trying to find his place in the world, he completely sells the duality of the character. And his physicality is unlike any previous incarnation on film.

3. I hate to make another comparison to Begins, but much like that film, Man of Steel surrounds the lead character with a terrific supporting cast. Shannon's Zod shows no mercy, but you'll understand his motivations and actions. He's among the best villains I've seen in comic book films thus far.

4. Contrary to some other reviews/reactions I've seen, I did not feel as though Lois was the traditional damsel in distress. Sure, Clark saves her, but she also does a lot on her own and has a significant impact on the outcome. Amy Adams is a joy to watch.

5. Kevin Costner as Pa Kent came across as the weakest of the bunch. Don't get me wrong. He has several emotional moments with Clark, and he plays the part fine. It's just that the other cast members outshine him.

6. The action is beyond anything I've seen. It tops the Avengers in terms of sheer destruction and spectacle, making great use of Kryptonian super speed.

7. The worst part was that it ended and I'll have to wait over a week to see it again.

I'll have a full written review up tomorrow on Comics and Cosplay. It's definitely better than Iron Man 3. I'm just not sure where to place it overall right now.

For proof that I went: http://postimg.org/image/fs4fosqnx/

Old 06-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #106
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Thanks Ozy! Great stuff, we appreciate your words and coming in to give us a bit of feedback before you check out, I'm sure it was a long night.

#5 immediately stuck out to me. I've heard nothing but high praise with Costner's Pa Kent role and the emotion of stealing the show with Clark. First time I've heard of Costner's performance being out-shined by the rest of the cast, but still good nonetheless.

Also good to hear Amy Adams as Lois Lane. Personally, I think Adams rocks and is perfect for the role so good to see some nice feedback on her part as well.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:24 AM   #107
Iron_Madrigal
Banned User

I get to see this movie on Monday.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:26 AM   #108
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Damage View Post
I'm going to an advanced screening tomorrow at 7:30. I'll give some non spoiler feedback as well! I really wish I was on the boards here more during all of the hype, haven't had a chance to play around here much since last summer....but I'm just as excited as all of you guys. I can't wait for tomorrow!
Keep telling myself, nine more days isn't so long. :-(
Funny enough I got an invite today (unfortunately not MOS) to go to Paramount on the 21st to see a screening of World war Z. Never been to a screening on the actual day the movie comes out, but heck it's free, so I'll probably check it out. I certainly wouldn't voluntarily go and pay money to see it lol. Now paying to go to an MOS screening, well that would be a totally different proposition. My wallet would open so fast it would likely cause a fire haha. Have fun tomorrow and can't wait to read your non spoiler feedback.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:36 AM   #109
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Madrigal View Post
I get to see this movie on Monday.
I gotta wait 3 weeks.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:48 AM   #110
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Hello everyone! I've just arrived home from attending a screening in Houston, and since I have no desire to spoil the whole movie, I'll leave some thoughts here before going to sleep:

1. If you thought Batman Begins successfully rebooted the Bat franchise, then you'll likely leave the theater thinking Man of Steel accomplished the same for Superman.

2. Cavill nails the role. As an alien trying to find his place in the world, he completely sells the duality of the character. And his physicality is unlike any previous incarnation on film.

3. I hate to make another comparison to Begins, but much like that film, Man of Steel surrounds the lead character with a terrific supporting cast. Shannon's Zod shows no mercy, but you'll understand his motivations and actions. He's among the best villains I've seen in comic book films thus far.

4. Contrary to some other reviews/reactions I've seen, I did not feel as though Lois was the traditional damsel in distress. Sure, Clark saves her, but she also does a lot on her own and has a significant impact on the outcome. Amy Adams is a joy to watch.

5. Kevin Costner as Pa Kent came across as the weakest of the bunch. Don't get me wrong. He has several emotional moments with Clark, and he plays the part fine. It's just that the other cast members outshine him.

6. The action is beyond anything I've seen. It tops the Avengers in terms of sheer destruction and spectacle, making great use of Kryptonian super speed.

7. The worst part was that it ended and I'll have to wait over a week to see it again.

I'll have a full written review up tomorrow on Comics and Cosplay. It's definitely better than Iron Man 3. I'm just not sure where to place it overall right now.

For proof that I went: http://postimg.org/image/fs4fosqnx/
#5 I've heard and seen nothing, but huge amounts of praise for Costner's performance, but I can kind of see why you would think he was the weakest. Again, thank you for your thoughts. Much appreciated.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:51 AM   #111
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Thanks for the review Ozymandias.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #112
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=Man_of_Tomorrow;26010727]there could be more but thats all I could see while squinting and scrolling really fast[/QUOTE

Thanks for the intel. You are a brave brave man. Your reckless disregard for your own well being, is commendable. If it had gone bad, you could have been the Man Of yesterday. Glad you made it back alive.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:28 AM   #113
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Love this thread. Cause you can actually be here.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:55 AM   #114
jthom19802
Side-Kick

Amen to that. I don't go anywhere else 98% of the time so I'm going to hit withdrawals from the open discussion thread apparently. So I suppose this is like AA for that!

Old 06-05-2013, 04:22 AM   #115
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

For those avoiding the Open Discussion thread, I brought in some dinner scraps for you. lol

The newest spot in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JzAoOyghK4

Jimmy Kimmel footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmWdhbIB2hI

Enjoy, friends.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #116
Glassjaw
In training

What I hate about the open discussion thread, is how someone asks a question, it gets answered within spoiler tags, and the the first person replies without spoiler tags, giving you everything you needed to know about the answer which was spoiler tagged. and now that any part of the film can be asked about and answered, some people are going to act like those parts are common knowledge in a few days time, like its old news and it will all descend in an open discussion with no spoiler tags. Oh well, skim reading from here on out.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #117
robot
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
For those avoiding the Open Discussion thread, I brought in some dinner scraps for you. lol

Jimmy Kimmel footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmWdhbIB2hI

Enjoy, friends.
I have posted all the Interviews here:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=458611

Old 06-05-2013, 05:20 AM   #118
silentrascal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I seriously dont understand why people want to know everything about a movie before seeing it. Doesnt make any sense to me.
Personally I like to know so I have a good idea before hand of whether I'll end up disappointed overall with it. There are always bits that are never revealed in spoiler posts, and those things I'm fine with discovering when I actually see the movie. But all in all, knowing things about a movie before it's out doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #119
Dr. Fortress
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
I gotta wait 3 weeks.
Same here, dude. It sucks. Everyday I search for info on advance screenings, no luck so far .

Old 06-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #120
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot View Post
I have posted all the Interviews here:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=458611

Old 06-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #121
GarudA
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dougie Doug ‏@Snuggiethebuzz 4m

Man of Steel last night was in one word EPIC!! You will love this movie!!
https://twitter.com/Snuggiethebuzz/s...43808131559424

Old 06-05-2013, 06:57 AM   #122
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthom19802 View Post
Amen to that. I don't go anywhere else 98% of the time so I'm going to hit withdrawals from the open discussion thread apparently. So I suppose this is like AA for that!
This is exactly how I feel.

Though I guess as soon as June 14th hits, we're all gonna have a serious binge and descend even further into our addiction

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 06-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #123
Jheri Curl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Any idea what I'll think of MoS if I thought Batman Begins was only decent and not nearly as good as TDK (and indeed much prefer Spider-man 2 and Iron Man to Batman Begins)?

Thanks.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #124
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post

Enjoy, friends.

that take-off from the air field!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JESUS!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #125
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jheri Curl View Post
Any idea what I'll think of MoS if I thought Batman Begins was only decent and not nearly as good as TDK (and indeed much prefer Spider-man 2 and Iron Man to Batman Begins)?

Thanks.
His point was Batman Begins successfully rebooted from Batman & Robin. He's not necessarily saying it's the best movie ever or anything, just that it did the job of getting the franchise out of the gutter and he feels Man of Steel does the same thing for Superman compared to where the Supes franchise has been lately.

Closed Thread