The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 08-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #151
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Default Re: Wwe2k14

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
was there supposed to be some kind of news/announcement today?
Only that Antonio Cesaro was there to promote the game and he announced himself as a playable character

LuisTX85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #152
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

oh, ok.

thanks.

was hoping for word on career mode.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #153
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Supposedly there has been talk in the German media there that a certain game mode is returning But nothing about that has been officially announced by 2K yet

Old 08-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #154
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

that's why I'm waiting for something official.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 08-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #155
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

While promoting the game at Gamescom Antonio Cesaro has been telling the media during interviews that there are 380 unlockables,Which would include characters(wrestlers&managers)/alt.attires/arenas/championship titles and classic footage video packages for WM Mode,In '13 there's 250 unlockables

I expected around this amount and so that's cool,I sure hope the unlock all feature returns along with fan axxess,I wish it was just a cheat code like with All Stars before the first update though

Last edited by LuisTX85; 08-23-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #156
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

30 years of WM mode will be like AE mode with the chapters:
Golden Era
New Generation Era
Attitude Era
Ruthless Era
Universe Era

I guess we get to play out the current WWE our way including WM 30,That pretty much confirms caws in the mode!

Old 09-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #157
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

http://wwegaming.com/wwe-2k14-xbox36...ements-leaked/

The achievements have leaked.I guess this confirms the Universe mode is still in.It also shows some pretty cool new additions.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #158
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

You know, I was about to pre-order this game, this morning. I've played '13 and was relatively impressed by the gameplay and depth of roster. It was missing one thing: career mode. I thought with the 2K Sports taking over, it would certainly have one. Then right before I pre-ordered, I searched the web, it seems like it doesn't. That was a deal breaker for me. It seems like this game is just 13.5, which is really a bummer, IMO.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #159
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Isn't that what this really is though? I know 2K has the rights now, but didn't they get it pretty late in the development cycle to really make a difference? I don't think we'll really see their biggest input until next year's game.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #160
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

I'm disappointed there's no career mode either, but overall the game looks like a lot of fun. plus all the legends and getting to relive classic WrestleMania moments.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #161
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

What could you do in a career mode? Just like create a character and go through a story or something? I ask because i just dont know. The last WWE game i played was 2012 and i got that because the Rock was a featured character. Before that tho, i hadnt played a wwe game since PS1.

What i did in 2012 tho was that mode that allowed you to like create your own match ups and stuff. Is that returning?

Old 10-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #162
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
What could you do in a career mode? Just like create a character and go through a story or something? I ask because i just dont know. The last WWE game i played was 2012 and i got that because the Rock was a featured character. Before that tho, i hadnt played a wwe game since PS1.

What i did in 2012 tho was that mode that allowed you to like create your own match ups and stuff. Is that returning?
in a career mode, I'd start out as a rookie on NXT, work my way up to the house shows, then the main shows (Raw/Smackdown), then the ppvs, then WrestleMania.

I believe the mode you're referring to where you create your own matchups is Universe Mode, and that's coming back in WWE 2K14.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #163
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Universe Mode and Story Creator exists and so I don't need a career mode

Old 10-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #164
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
I'm disappointed there's no career mode either, but overall the game looks like a lot of fun. plus all the legends and getting to relive classic WrestleMania moments.
I really liked WWE '13, mostly because of the Attitude Era mode and how much that time period in wrestling resonanted with what I remembered most growing up. But I gotta say, I haven't checked up on this in a while, but looking at some of the guys featured in the classic roster, I think it blows the Attitude roster out of the water. I didn't get to see much from the 80's guys in their prime, but I do remember great stuff from the early 90's, buefore the Attitude Era. It brings me so much joy to finally see Razor Ramon and Diesel, and now their WCW counterparts as well. Not to mention a true version of the old school Undertaker and Shawn Michaels.

And what I find really crazy is looking at some of these entrance videos in the older arenas, it's mind-boggling how faithful they've been. I mean, I remember playing Wrestlemania 2000 on my N64, and then Wrestlemania X-8 on my Gamecube about 10 years ago, and getting a chance to go back to those arenas and those time periods really brings a good feeling inside of me. Sure they haven't changed much from last year, but I love how they're trying to bring in a new experience.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #165
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
in a career mode, I'd start out as a rookie on NXT, work my way up to the house shows, then the main shows (Raw/Smackdown), then the ppvs, then WrestleMania.

I believe the mode you're referring to where you create your own matchups is Universe Mode, and that's coming back in WWE 2K14.
Oh sweet. I think im gonna snag this at some point.

Old 10-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #166
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

yeah. this game looks totally badass.

I grew up in the "classic" Hogan/Ultimate Warrior era, so I love seeing all the legends and the ability to relive classic WrestleMania matches.

I would have liked to seen a proper career mode, too, but hopefully that will make it in next year.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #167
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

They don't need a career mode when Universe and Story Designer keeps improving,What can career mode offer that universe doesn't in 2K14?

Old 10-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #168
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
They don't need a career mode when Universe and Story Designer keeps improving,What can career mode offer that universe doesn't in 2K14?
a more "structured" story, I guess, if that's the right word.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #169
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
a more "structured" story, I guess, if that's the right word.
I just think it'd be pointless and redundant to add it in when the other two similar modes exist,Can't get more structured than those and especially universe,You completely set-up brands/rosters/show cards/now able to set default attires/detailed statistics/rankings/you now get way more cut scenes and story line stuff by setting up long rivalries and allies and also now get to do tournaments in it

in Story Designer it's pretty much the same thing except you cast the people you want in promos/segments and commentary and do texts like in the old school Smackdown games

They are a mix of career and GM mode!

Old 10-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #170
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

But if it is anything like 13, it is a pretty clumsy system at takes a lot of work for very little payoff.

At any rate, I ended up pre-ordering it. The nostalgia factor was just too big for me. That being said, I wish there were more Attitude Era wrestlers. I know that the theme this year is the classic guys, but there was no real reason to take out some of the additions of last year like the New Age Outlaws, Golddust, Too Cool, Val Venis, etc. Only reason I can figure for doing it is so they can bring them back next year with the two rosters combined and have a selling point.

Last edited by Matt; 10-27-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #171
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I don't think its as much of a classic guys thing, but moreso that most of those guys that you mentioned never really had any big Wrestlemania moments, which is what this game is really focusing on. I mean, of those guys you listed, the only one who stands out is Golddust because of that Highway chase from Wrestlemania 12, but something like that would be hard to portray since most of the good action came outside the arena.

But I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some more DLC stuff in a month that hasn't been revealed yet.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #172
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Well, neither has the NWO but they are the first DLC pack. I don't get how 2K can justify excluding guys who were actually in the WWE and fought at Wrestlemania while including the NWO.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #173
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

The only logical reason I can see behind it is because pretty much all of the guys in the nWo pack were big stars in the WWF before heading to WCW. Hall and Nash and Macho Man are already in the game, as well as The Giant/Big Show, Hennig definitely deserves to be there as Mr. Perfect, Scott Steiner was big for many years, and Syxx .... well it just makes sense to have him in there with the Kliq, plus he made a name for himself early on in WWF.

But in most of these cases, I'm sure that all it is really going to be is a skin change, so its not like they're really making someone from scratch, with the exception of the last three I mentioned. But its not like they added some of the more obscure guys like K-Dawg or Buff Bagwell. If anything, I'm kinda surprised that they left out Lex Luger, since his departure was a big moment too.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #174
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

nWo pack doesn't make sense with the game's theme but I ain't complaining cause I love me some nWo.

30 Years of WrestleMania is a great theme but I would prefer a WWE History/Past,Present&Future theme so that way they could include more legends including ones from '13 who never had a big WM match or moment,nWo DLC would then make some sense as a Monday Night Wars history reference

Old 10-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #175
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

If anything, the nWo pack should've been included with last year's game.