The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #376
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 36,129
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
You're joking, right?
I'm not joking and don't call me right.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #377
Blade X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 665
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I'm not joking and don't call me right.
LOL. Modok in A:EMH was treated more seriously then he is being treated in AA.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:31 PM   #378
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 36,129
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
LOL. Modok in A:EMH was treated more seriously then he is being treated in AA.
I disagree. I liked Wally Wingert's voice but he sounded like a 1950s robot. Adler's voice sounds cooler and more sinister.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:17 AM   #379
strugler
Hadoken
 
strugler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 393
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

According to wacker, The avengers will face Thanos, Ultron, the squadron supreme, Loki, Attuma among others, in season 2. He also confirmed to cbr that the second half of the season will offer multi episodes story arcs.

Seems like the show might finally be finding its footing. Season one was so meh but not totally horrible.

__________________
[COLOR="Navy"][B][I]please don't promote your site on the hype
strugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:01 AM   #380
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"
 
Lantern Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: With YOUR MOM
Posts: 6,698
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I'm not joking and don't call me right.

__________________
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
1994-2014: Twenty Years of the Torch-Bearer.
You went full Topher, man. NEVER go full Topher.
Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:14 PM   #381
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold
 
SoNicRaDiATioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,774
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

I've distanced myself so much from the animation side since USM and AA, that I didn't even know Wacker was the new guy in charge. Hopefully this move is beneficial.

__________________
AvengersWinterSoldierX2GuardiansDoFP
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #382
bored
One Sexy Lemur
 
bored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: sitting in my nowhere land
Posts: 13,193
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

After mostly avoiding this after not liking the pilot, I watched the whole season on Netflix. It was... meh. Just "meh". I am at still intrigued by the changes they may make for season 2. Kind of wondering what new members we'll see? I am assuming Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Vision to keep up the tie to the movie franchise.

__________________
COPYWRITED
IMAGE
bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:23 AM   #383
strugler
Hadoken
 
strugler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 393
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Arsenal will make his/its animated debut in the second season of the show:

http://www.dailymarvelite.com/animat...senal-animated

__________________
[COLOR="Navy"][B][I]please don't promote your site on the hype
strugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:02 PM   #384
Sockie
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 203
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Don't really watch this show, but apparently Ant-Man's joining the team for the second season.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23322/prod...ngers_assemble

Sockie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #385
Mrpaul
Spider-Sting
 
Mrpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: WAITING ON SPIDEY'S APPEARANCE IN MCU
Posts: 1,568
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Checked out today's episode, not too bad

__________________
Power & Responsibility
"In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you",-GG
Mrpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:47 PM   #386
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 36,129
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Clip of Thanos in the show, voiced by Kevin Grevioux!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:01 PM   #387
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,607
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Why do I get the feeling Tony's new robot friend Arsenal is going to become Ultron?

__________________
Bonafide Fan of Almost Everything
Please check out my Power Rangers Movie Fan Trailers!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Also, #GiveUsMoreLegends
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:48 AM   #388
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,163
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

How did everyone feel about Thanos?

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #389
KINGTHANOS
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 87
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

He wasn't too de-powered which was good to see, as he handily defeated the avengers without using any of his cosmic blasts and without a single gem. I'm still not sure about Kevin Grevioux's voice though, as he made Thanos sound a bit like a brutish neanderthal and that's not Thanos.

KINGTHANOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #390
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick
 
bigdaddy313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 757
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

He felt very powerful if you keep in mind the power of Thor and the Hulk in this series and the seem to be even more powerful in season 2 especially Thor.

Yeah Thanos might have sounded like a Neanderthal but I think they wanted him to be overconfident especially with his record and power.

Remember in episode one when he destroyed a whole city with one punch.

And by the way Thanos is voiced by Isaac Singleton Jr.

How does everyone feel about the second season so far does it feel different since Man of Action are just consultants for continuity purposes of season 1 to 2 while Kevin Burke and Chris Wyett are the story editors?

Which makes me believe the Earth's Mightiest Heroes writers are in control of the whole season and hopefully going forward with season 3.


Last edited by bigdaddy313; 10-06-2014 at 12:20 PM.
bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:14 AM   #391
Blade X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 665
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Why do I get the feeling Tony's new robot friend Arsenal is going to become Ultron?
Because the show is that predictable.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #392
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,163
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
He felt very powerful if you keep in mind the power of Thor and the Hulk in this series and the seem to be even more powerful in season 2 especially Thor.

Yeah Thanos might have sounded like a Neanderthal but I think they wanted him to be overconfident especially with his record and power.

Remember in episode one when he destroyed a whole city with one punch.

And by the way Thanos is voiced by Isaac Singleton Jr.

How does everyone feel about the second season so far does it feel different since Man of Action are just consultants for continuity purposes of season 1 to 2 while Kevin Burke and Chris Wyett are the story editors?

Which makes me believe the Earth's Mightiest Heroes writers are in control of the whole season and hopefully going forward with season 3.
I couldn't quite put my finger on it but this season has already impressed me more than season one.

Something seems to have "clicked" and may I ask what makes you think Thor and Hulk are more powerful this season?

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:51 PM   #393
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 36,129
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Nothing seems especially different about this season so far to me. I think fans are simply biased against Jeph Loeb, and now that Stephen Wacker is in charge of the Animation division, the shows are not perceived to be as bad.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #394
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick
 
bigdaddy313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 757
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I couldn't quite put my finger on it but this season has already impressed me more than season one.

Something seems to have "clicked" and may I ask what makes you think Thor and Hulk are more powerful this season?
I don't know they both just feel more impressive maybe is because of the animation behind it because outside of the colours its a better animation.

The way Thor goes with more speed and furiosity makes him to me feel more impressive than he was in season one.

Maybe Hulk is the same as season 1, but Thor is just impressing me very much almost like Superman. I am actually curious to see how Hyperion will be this season.

I think the second season is already better than the first and we are just starting, I don't feel any kiddish thing happening, I won't be surprised if LucasArts animation actually influenced Marvel to bring back story arcs again and mature their characters.

It looks like they have listened to our criticism and are applying it to the Avengers show especially.

bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #395
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick
 
bigdaddy313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 757
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

This is what Steven Wacker said about the state of Marvel animations what they have learned and what they will do going forward which is what has started but will fully be in effect the second half of the season of Avengers Assemble and soon the new Guardians of the Galaxy animated series just announced.

Quote:
"We've learned what works on TV and what doesn't," Wacker told the newspaper, explaining that one lesson is “not to underestimate the audience. "You can’t be afraid to go deeper, to explore stories and characters with some depth. This audience may be young, but it can spot a stinker a mile away.”


Last edited by bigdaddy313; 10-10-2014 at 05:10 PM.
bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #396
brainchild81
Arachnid-Fellow
 
brainchild81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: ...in a future time!
Posts: 2,450
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

I guess I'll give this show another chance then

__________________
Best Hero ever:Spider-Man
Best Villain ever:Dr.Doom
SHH! DEMOCRATIC COALITION
See Black Dynamite

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Under your watch, 50% of marriages end in divorce &the other 50% in death!
brainchild81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:11 PM   #397
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,163
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Nothing seems especially different about this season so far to me. I think fans are simply biased against Jeph Loeb, and now that Stephen Wacker is in charge of the Animation division, the shows are not perceived to be as bad.
I didn't know that until now so nah that can't be the reason, well not my reason anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
I don't know they both just feel more impressive maybe is because of the animation behind it because outside of the colours its a better animation.

The way Thor goes with more speed and furiosity makes him to me feel more impressive than he was in season one.

Maybe Hulk is the same as season 1, but Thor is just impressing me very much almost like Superman. I am actually curious to see how Hyperion will be this season.

I think the second season is already better than the first and we are just starting, I don't feel any kiddish thing happening, I won't be surprised if LucasArts animation actually influenced Marvel to bring back story arcs again and mature their characters.

It looks like they have listened to our criticism and are applying it to the Avengers show especially.


Dude EMH did the same thing, because in the 2nd season Thor was an absolute BEAST he was by far the most impressive onscreen version of Thor. I'm guessing they don't want anyone to get over shadowed in the first season and they were playing off of Hulk's Avengers popularity.

Whatever the reason I hope it continues because as a Thor fan I'm loving every bit of it.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 10-10-2014 at 07:15 PM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #398
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick
 
bigdaddy313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 757
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

So am I and next weeks episode its Thor and Hulk's part.

Here is a clip even if they are not in it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=caoCO6_7aG0

bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:36 AM   #399
Casius--J
Web Master
 
Casius--J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,603
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Well I think this second season has been an improvement. Not a huge one but an improvement none the less. The two episodes for me have been more cohesive and better paced. I tried to look out for it but I didn't see them use that wide screen shot when an action sequence is running which is great because I didn't like those.

Also Ultimate Spider-Man has made an improvement too so looks like Marvel are going in the right direction in terms of animation.

Casius--J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:58 AM   #400
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick
 
Ghostcrow13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,453
Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Dude EMH did the same thing, because in the 2nd season Thor was an absolute BEAST he was by far the most impressive onscreen version of Thor. I'm guessing they don't want anyone to get over shadowed in the first season and they were playing off of Hulk's Avengers popularity.

Whatever the reason I hope it continues because as a Thor fan I'm loving every bit of it.
Nearly all the big Thor moments in EMH were in Christopher Yost written episodes, so hopefully we get some moments like them in Thor 3

__________________
My CBM Ranking:

1) The Avengers 2) The Dark Knight 3) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4) Guardians of the Galaxy 5) Iron Man 6) Batman Begins 7) X-men 2 8) Spiderman 2 9) Superman 10) Thor
Ghostcrow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.