The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

View Poll Results: Which Movie Inspired a Worse Fan Backlash?
Dark Knight Rises 18 20.00%
Iron Man 3 63 70.00%
About Equal Between Them 6 6.67%
"How Dare You Imply That _____ Wasn't Actually Bad!" 3 3.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #101
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Morose View Post
You are asking to me if what I said that happened to me actually happened to me? I kind of asked the question before you asked it.
No, read the past few posts...I mentioned why someone like you would be calling Bane a "friend-zoned pet" because you could have felt the same way before by experience, before you asked me if I had gone through the experience because you thought I was referring to myself, when I was not.

Quote:
Please do.
Okay, let me guide you with the topic at hand...

Me:
Quote:
The look Bane gives is when Talia is retelling their difficult past; nothing to do with him becoming a "puppy-eyed" lamb. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks Bane is actually meant to be this "friend-zoned pet", lol. Perhaps it's from their own experience and it hurts when they watch it, who knows
Then you:
Quote:
So, you have had your friend-zoned times and thus you're defensive about it? Maybe that's why you're also defensive with Maguire's Peter?

Nothing wrong with that, Anno. People have bad experiences. The thing is you don't have to live in the past.
Trying to twist your way around so you assume I am speaking of myself even when I clearly am referring to people calling Bane a "friend-zoned pet" as you can see, I DON'T call Bane a "friend-zoned pet" but rather than a protector and guardian.

Hope this helps ya!

Quote:
Yes, he's saddened over the story because he was not loved back. His father-in-law to be didn't accept his love. And neither did she.
And you got that she didn't love him back....because? And don't say "Because Talia doesn't ever sleep with Bane"

Quote:
Why? Did I say that in 2013 the only love people assume exists is the love of wanting in someone's pants?
No, that was you.
So the idea of calling Bane a "friend-zoned pet" is because....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
There seems to have been more posters like BatLobsterRises and myself who defend IM3 through what was presented in the film and seemingly glossed over in the reviews/discussion. However, I felt the execution in IM3 didn't line up with Black's intentions (which I understood, and I liked the idea he had behind his villains). Overall, I think the abrupt difference in tone between the trailers for IM3 and the movie created a bigger fan backlash. I certainly expected something on par, if not better than TDKR, based on the trailers. I was let down in that respect.
Agreed.

I'm glad some can enjoy Iron Man 3, but I was just brutally let down but I am just surprised there is more fan backlash in the IM3 part of the forums than in TDKR. I'll have to trek over there one of these days.

Quote:
Disregard Racer Morose, Anno. I don't seem him bringing in anything from TDKR aside from Bane's feelings for Talia. We're adults here--we know what would likely happen to a child stuck in a prison like the Warlord's. Especially if she belonged to the tyrant that threw the prisoners into the Pit.
It's always fun to debate with a near-like troll through.

Quote:
@Anno, Spider-Fan: I didn't see Talia as a parallel of Ra's. Her situation seemed to be what Bruce could've been if he stewed in his obsession over his parents' murder without Batman as an outlet.
I think there are many parallels to the villains used in Nolan's trilogy to Batman of course, but there is this comparison that can be made with Ra's and Talia al Ghul. Both die the same way, both mark the beginning of Bruce Wayne's turn as Batman and Bruce Wayne's end as Batman.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #102
Squaremaster316
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 310
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

The main reason for the backlash against IM3 for the twist isn't simply due to the fact that the Mandarin has now become the measuring stick to which all drastic deviations from the comic book source material will be measured against...

...it's the fact that it came from a production company that prided, to the point of bragging/boasting, about how important the source material is and how they "believed" in it, painting them as major hypocrites.

__________________
"We'll never see Day-Lewis and Kubrick, we'll never see Kurosawa and Eastwood, but we have officially seen Bale and Nolan, a cinematic dream pairing come to life!"
Squaremaster316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #103
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
No, read the past few posts...I mentioned why someone like you would be calling Bane a "friend-zoned pet" because you could have felt the same way before by experience, before you asked me if I had gone through the experience because you thought I was referring to myself, when I was not.
You sounded like you were talking about yourself. Which is not wrong. Bad women are everywhere. Thing is you don't let her use you. Like Bane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
And you got that she didn't love him back....because? And don't say "Because Talia doesn't ever sleep with Bane"
Oh, she does love him back. As a friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
So the idea of calling Bane a "friend-zoned pet" is because....?\
Because he is.

He does whatever she tells him to, but she doesn't love him back the way he would want her to.







Quote:
Originally Posted by Squaremaster316 View Post
The main reason for the backlash against IM3 for the twist isn't simply due to the fact that the Mandarin has now become the measuring stick to which all drastic deviations from the comic book source material will be measured against...
I can see this happening. "Hey, at least it wasn't a Mandarin kind of thing." "Hey, it wasn't the same as the comics, but it wasn't to a Mandarin level either."

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #104
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Morose View Post
You sounded like you were talking about yourself. Which is not wrong. Bad women are everywhere. Thing is you don't let her use you. Like Bane.


So when I speak of people calling Bane a "friend-zoned pet", you automatically think I'm talking about people who actually doesn't call Bane that? Explain your logic to how you get that assumption with what I actually said to you.

Quote:
Oh, she does love him back. As a friend.
Of course, and Bane feels the same. Now explain why you think Bane thinks more of Talia than as a friend as well.

Quote:
Because he is.

He does whatever she tells him to, but she doesn't love him back the way he would want her to.
So now a friend shouldn't help out another as much as they possibly can? They only should if they're more as friends?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:13 AM   #105
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,695
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

I enjoy both movies, but I'd say Iron Man 3 seems to have worse fan back flash. I say that due to my annoyance of people around me treating TDKR like the second coming lol. The Mandarin thing really annoyed a lot of fans and even non-fans it seems more than anything that that TDKR had. For 1 outspoken disgruntled Batman fan there will be 10 Iron Man moviegoers complaining in comparison.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:16 AM   #106
Tequilla
Side-Kick
 
Tequilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: P
Posts: 1,751
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

I'm not very knowledgeable of Iron Man so i have no idea about how "bad" is the backlash. But Iron Man 3 was the best Marvel movie (as in ..these marvel studio project ) , although still an extremely hacky film , so fans i suppose should appreciate that.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:18 AM   #107
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,695
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

I personally loved Iron Man 3, definitely my favorite of the three movies but I can understand fans being upset, Ben Kingsley is such a great actor would be perfect for being the rival of Tony Stark...but they sure didn't happen.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:41 AM   #108
Spider-Dude23
Go web! Flyy...
 
Spider-Dude23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,195
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Although I was very disappointed with IM3. It's still better than TDKR.

__________________
Mysterio, I had a bowl of Mysteri-o's for breakfast!
Spider-Dude23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #109
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,554
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

After watching MoS, all is forgiven with IM3.

spider-neil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #110
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

I just think of Iron Man 3 and I want to watch Iron Man 2 to take the nightmare away....

that's pretty, pretty bad, lol.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #111
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,554
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I just think of Iron Man 3 and I want to watch Iron Man 2 to take the nightmare away....

that's pretty, pretty bad, lol.


Ha ha ha
I use SM3 to take the IM3 nightmares away.

spider-neil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #112
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

^

Does it work?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #113
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,554
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
^

Does it work?
Not even close

spider-neil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #114
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
No, read the past few posts...I mentioned why someone like you would be calling Bane a "friend-zoned pet" because you could have felt the same way before by experience, before you asked me if I had gone through the experience because you thought I was referring to myself, when I was not.


Okay, let me guide you with the topic at hand...

Me:

Then you:

Trying to twist your way around so you assume I am speaking of myself even when I clearly am referring to people calling Bane a "friend-zoned pet" as you can see, I DON'T call Bane a "friend-zoned pet" but rather than a protector and guardian.

Hope this helps ya!
Again, defensive about it. I swear there's nothing wrong if you had a bad experience. But if you try to make it look like it was someone else, it will only make things worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
And you got that she didn't love him back....because? And don't say "Because Talia doesn't ever sleep with Bane"
"Good-bye, my friend."

Oh she love him back. As a friend. You already know the name of that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
So the idea of calling Bane a "friend-zoned pet" is because....?
It comes from him being a friend-zoned pet.

She loves him only as a friend and he keeps doing whatever she tells him. That's the very definition.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #115
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Not even close
I would think dancing Peter would get your mind right off of IM3, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Morose View Post
Again, defensive about it. I swear there's nothing wrong if you had a bad experience. But if you try to make it look like it was someone else, it will only make things worse.
I tend to be defensive when someone does not comprehend on what I am trying to say. Like I said, I'll try to spell things out for ya even moreso

Quote:
"Good-bye, my friend."

Oh she love him back. As a friend. You already know the name of that situation.
And they are friends, from the very beginning. Talia and Bane are friends. But why call him "friend-zoned pet"? A man has to be called a "friend-zoned pet" just because he's not sleeping around with the woman or what?

Quote:
It comes from him being a friend-zoned pet.

She loves him only as a friend and he keeps doing whatever she tells him. That's the very definition.
And he only loves her as a friend. There's NOTHING to back up any claim that he loved Talia in a different way, and only damn foolish for anyone to think such.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #116
kedrell
What'sa Raccoon?
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,364
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
FWIW, Kedrell defends IM2 to this day. I think he liked TIH too. I liked TIH but IM2 was a big disappointment. Overall though, they've done a really good job IMHO. Enjoyed all of their movies except IM2.
And I will continue to. And yes, I liked TIH. Hulk actually is my all time favorite character, even more than Iron Man. But I'm a Hulk comics fan from the silver and bronze age comics. A Hulk that isn't a character is just wrong to me. So I relegate TIH to the very bottom of the MCU phase 1 pile. Considering what they did in IM3, I stick it right down there next to TIH. They're solidly good but boy they could've been better. I give'em both a 7.5/10.

__________________
Currently enduring a general malaise at the quality of live action Marvel/DC shows on network TV. Hopefully NetFlix can remedy that.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #117
Hammer!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 624
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I just think of Iron Man 3 and I want to watch Iron Man 2 to take the nightmare away....

that's pretty, pretty bad, lol.
Switch Iron Man 2 with The Dark Knight and Iron Man 3 with The Dark Knight Rises. If I could erase the memory of a single movie in my life it would be TDKR. ****ing hate nearly everything about that flick. Only CBM from the major two to come out since 08 that I've never bought or even cared to watch when it released on blu ray. I even bought GL and XMOW for the humor factor lol

Now that CBM fans have cooled off on the Mandarin, I've noticed more and more people are liking it. Plus that was the only real dividing feature of that film. People who hate TDKR, like me, hate every frame of the damn movie. TDKR is one of those movies that many people have enjoyed less and less the more times they've seen it due to the films NUMEROUS faulty logic and overall cynical tone.

Take a poll a couple years down the road when the dust has settled, and TDKR will be the consensus worst of that trilogy, and IM3 will be the consensus 'middle' of the franchise.

Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #118
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

"I'm going to quote this guy and just bring up what I think about TDKR, that'll show him!"

And I hope a poll is made so you can eat.....


Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #119
Hammer!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 624
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Why are you quoting yourself? Anyways we'll see. IM3 is already pretty much the consensus second best installment in the IM franchise, and TDKR is the only film in the Nolan trilogy that receives hate.

Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #120
Thoix
Side-Kick
 
Thoix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Magalia, CA
Posts: 549
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
Why are you quoting yourself? Anyways we'll see. IM3 is already pretty much the consensus second best installment in the IM franchise, and TDKR is the only film in the Nolan trilogy that receives hate.
That's not true. Both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight also received hate. But you are right about IM3 being the consensus second best installment.


Last edited by Thoix; 06-17-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Thoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #121
kedrell
What'sa Raccoon?
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,364
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

I don't know about IM3 being second best in consensus. I'd agree that the consensus is that IM3 has the most action of the series but 2 & 3 are close enough together in reviews, audience reaction, fan reactions that I doubt any consensus will ever be reached between the two.

__________________
Currently enduring a general malaise at the quality of live action Marvel/DC shows on network TV. Hopefully NetFlix can remedy that.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #122
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
Why are you quoting yourself?
Goodness you need to work on being funny.

Quote:
Anyways we'll see. IM3 is already pretty much the consensus second best installment in the IM franchise, and TDKR is the only film in the Nolan trilogy that receives hate.
REALLY?????????

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=452879

Batfans disagree.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #123
Hammer!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 624
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Goodness you need to work on being funny.



REALLY?????????

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=452879

Batfans disagree.
You need to work on your reading. I said a couple years down the road not when people are still on a high from seeing a more recent film, coupled with the fact that many people's perception of the film has deteriorated upon multiple views due to the film's many logic faults and cynical storytelling.

Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #124
Hammer!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 624
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoix View Post
That's not true. Both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight also received hate. But you are right about IM3 being the consensus second best installment.
Every film, particularly those based on beloved source materials, gets hate. But the amount of hate garnered from TDKR in comparison to TDK and BB is staggering.

Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #125
Thoix
Side-Kick
 
Thoix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Magalia, CA
Posts: 549
Default Re: Dark Knight Rises vs Iron Man 3: Which Movie Inspired the Worse Fan Backlash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
You need to work on your reading. I said a couple years down the road not when people are still on a high from seeing a more recent film, coupled with the fact that many people's perception of the film has deteriorated upon multiple views due to the film's many logic faults and cynical storytelling.
All movies become less watchable the more you've seen them. I love BB and TDK but I watch less and less times a year. I haven't grown nearly as tired watching TDKR. It's the same deal with all movies for me. It's gotten to the point where I can only watch LOTR trilogy twice a year, and even the Star Wars Saga. It' not just a problem with TDKR.

Thoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.