The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Are the screening responses a good sign for MOS?
Yes. 46 73.02%
No. 2 3.17%
I don't think they mean much. 15 23.81%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #26
X Knight
Saber Class
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,556
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

He doesn't do anything "Clarky" besides smile like a geek at Lois.

No, she doesn't fly. Only Zod is able to adjust to his new powers quick enough to make use of flight. Honestly, I was so enthralled by watching the montage of him walking into the Daily Planet and listening to his narration that I don't remember the music very well. I do have a strong feeling though it was the piano tunes you hear in trailer 3.
thanks!!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
you said Clark narrates the final montage?? do you remember a bit of what he says?

also, would you say the film has an overall theme/message?? is it hope and good triumphing over evil?

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #27
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 15,772
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
No problem Amelia, I just saw somebody posted another one here

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=933
They're having special screenings for pastors?

Either way, glad he liked the movie.

__________________
Jacksonville Jaguars 2014 - The Road to 0-16
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #28
dalejhanson21
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Thanks Ozy! Do
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Superman and Zod use heat vision against each other when they fight? Also does it actually show Superman snap Zod's neck? or does the camera quickly change direction while he does it so you don't see it? Cheers!

dalejhanson21 is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #29
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 15,962
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Is Clark saying "I can do things other people can't" to Lois?

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #30
Ozymandias
The World's Smartest Man
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 203
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
thanks!!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
you said Clark narrates the final montage?? do you remember a bit of what he says?

also, would you say the film has an overall theme/message?? is it hope and good triumphing over evil?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He talks about getting a job where he can keep an ear to ground.

Overall message? Hope and keeping that hope alive no matter how alone you may feel.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #31
Ozymandias
The World's Smartest Man
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 203
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalejhanson21 View Post
Thanks Ozy! Do
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Superman and Zod use heat vision against each other when they fight? Also does it actually show Superman snap Zod's neck? or does the camera quickly change direction while he does it so you don't see it? Cheers!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
They use heat vision against each other. And it shows the neck snapping. No quick cut away from it.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #32
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light
 
John Locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,338
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Question
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Does it end with Superman flying towards the camera like a final swing in Spider-Man or like Batman flying to the camera in BB?

__________________
Once, there was only dark. Ask me, the light's winning. -Rust Cohle

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, we're all gonna die. Come watch TV. -Morty Smith
John Locke is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #33
Ozymandias
The World's Smartest Man
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 203
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Is Clark saying "I can do things other people can't" to Lois?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I believe he says that when they first meet on the scout ship. Lois is injured, and Clark cauterizes a wound using his heat vision.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #34
Ozymandias
The World's Smartest Man
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 203
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
Question
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Does it end with Superman flying towards the camera like a final swing in Spider-Man or like Batman flying to the camera in BB?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
No, it does not.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #35
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Hey Ozymandias question

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1.Aside from surving what other reason did Jorel send Kalel to earth for?
2.What does he give Kalel the suit for?
3.Are there any leftover kryptonina tech for lex to exploit in a sequel

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #36
king666
(‿)
 
king666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,141
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Question (sorry if you've already answered it):

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
any shirt rip?

__________________
My top 3 CBMs:
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. The Dark Knight
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
king666 is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #37
Ozymandias
The World's Smartest Man
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 203
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Hey Ozymandias question

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1.Aside from surving what other reason did Jorel send Kalel to earth for?
2.What does he give Kalel the suit for?
3.Are there any leftover kryptonina tech for lex to exploit in a sequel
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. He sends him with the Codex, which the contains the genetic structure for all Kryptonians. It's the basis from which soldiers, scientists, and other roles in society are artificially bred from.

2. He gives Kal-El the suit so that he may embrace his heritage and begin to bridge the culture of Krypton with that of Earth.

3. The scout ship Clark finds crashes near the end, and I believe its wreckage should still be intact. There should also be wreckage from Zod's World Engine weapon.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #38
Ozymandias
The World's Smartest Man
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 203
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by king666 View Post
Question (sorry if you've already answered it):

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
any shirt rip?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
No, he never rips his shirt open to reveal the suit.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #39
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. He sends him with the Codex, which the contains the genetic structure for all Kryptonians. It's the basis from which soldiers, scientists, and other roles in society are artificially bred from.

2. He gives Kal-El the suit so that he may embrace his heritage and begin to bridge the culture of Krypton with that of Earth.

3. The scout ship Clark finds crashes near the end, and I believe its wreckage should still be intact. There should also be wreckage from Zod's World Engine weapon.
Thanks for answering Ozzy.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
So does that mean Jorel sends Kalel to earth to create a new krypton?isnt that Zods dream?
Also if the scout ship crashes doesnt that mean clark is fotress-less?

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #40
Ozymandias
The World's Smartest Man
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 203
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Thanks for answering Ozzy.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
So does that mean Jorel sends Kalel to earth to create a new krypton?isnt that Zods dream?
Also if the scout ship crashes doesnt that mean clark is fotress-less?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
No, that's not Jor-El's dream. Without divulging the spoiler/twist about the Codex, Jor-El sends it away with Kal to prevent Zod from using it.

And yes, that means Clark is without a fortress. Unless he carried away the wreckage after the final battle.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #41
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 15,962
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Do we have any funny bystanders like we did in the TDK and Spiderman trilogies?

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #42
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
No, that's not Jor-El's dream. Without divulging the spoiler/twist about the Codex, Jor-El sends it away with Kal to prevent Zod from using it.

And yes, that means Clark is without a fortress. Unless he carried away the wreckage after the final battle.
Ha.I see.Explains why Zod wants kalel so bad.
Okay last question 4tnite

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Why didnt Kalel awaken kara from her pod if she is in the ship?
Whats the deal with Dev-em?i

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #43
Ozymandias
The World's Smartest Man
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 203
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Ha.I see.Explains why Zod wants kalel so bad.
Okay last question 4tnite

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Why didnt Kalel awaken kara from her pod if she is in the ship?
Whats the deal with Dev-em?i
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I have not read the prequel comic, but I'm aware Kara and Dev-Em are part of it. There's no mention of either in the movie. If Kara is supposed to be in stasis on the ship, he doesn't find her this time. The one stasis pod Clark looks into has a decayed corpse.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #44
Ozymandias
The World's Smartest Man
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 203
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Do we have any funny bystanders like we did in the TDK and Spiderman trilogies?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Just before Clark fights Faora and Nam-Ek in Smallville, there are some funny bystanders running all around Superman trying to find somewhere safe.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #45
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I have not read the prequel comic, but I'm aware Kara and Dev-Em are part of it. There's no mention of either in the movie. If Kara is supposed to be in stasis on the ship, he doesn't find her this time. The one stasis pod Clark looks into has a decayed corpse.
Hmmmm,Im guessing theyll be dealt with in a sequel.
Anyways thanks ozzy-good night.

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #46
Tomar-Re
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gnar-nia
Posts: 227
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Question (sorry if you've already answered it):

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
any mention of Brainiac?
[/QUOTE]

__________________
"I did it! I finally killed Batman! In front of a bunch of vulnerable, disabled kids!!!! Now get me Santa Claus!"
--Joker
Tomar-Re is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #47
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick
 
Dragon_316ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,376
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

http://bingemedia.net/2013/06/06/review-man-of-steel/

B-

He saw it in 3D, and completely hated the experience.

__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/Dragon_316_ca

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Dragon_316ca is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #48
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,254
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

I can see why, the liberal use of handheld in this fim isn't friendly to 3D at all. I wonder if he would've given it a higher score if he saw it on 2D.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is online now  
Old 06-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #49
ikt36
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 53
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

link doesn't work

ikt36 is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #50
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick
 
Dragon_316ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,376
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikt36 View Post
link doesn't work
Probably WB ordered him to take the review down from his blog.

__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/Dragon_316_ca

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Dragon_316ca is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.