The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Are the screening responses a good sign for MOS?
Yes. 46 73.02%
No. 2 3.17%
I don't think they mean much. 15 23.81%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #51
ikt36
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 45
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

MOS chat review:

http://www.mightyaction.com/2013/06/...-movie-review/

ikt36 is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #52
TheNextNolan22
Daniel Bryan Has Arrived!
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The TARDIS in Los Santos
Posts: 23,200
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Even Snyder I believe said it was gonna be hard to convert into 3D whilst shooting it hand-held.

__________________
Superman DOES NOT kill.....except in comics, TV, movies, and video games.
75 Years of BATMAN-My hero
#ThankYouTaker

60 Years of GODZILLA-The King of the Monsters
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #53
4NutzinYoface
Side-Kick
 
4NutzinYoface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: the Batcave
Posts: 1,084
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Question about final Superman Vs. Zod fight please?


SPOILER!!! *not sure how to do them fancy hide what you're saying or black out words thing*












OK, so I am extremely happy that Zod dies in this movie however I'm a little concerned his fight wity Superman and death are all too sudden and ultimately lackluster. Can anyone describe, despite the neck snapping of Zod being "out of nowhere" is it just so fast and crappy ala Banes death in Dark Knight Rises (I hated that movie & his death getting shot out of nowhere was SO anti climactic)

In a perfect world the hero and villain square off & have an amazing battle ending with a cool death for the villain...hearing how he just cracks the Generals neck and cries about it afterwards in a church (is that correct!?) seems kinda....blah to me

Does Faora have a cool death at least? Also LAST question, if I bought multiple Zods with his helmet to make an army of bad guys would this be an accurate thing to do? At any point does Zod have a squadron of masked, Kryptonian Armored soldiers fight Kal-El?

Any help would be appreciated


4NutzinYoface is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #54
Autonet
What?
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shatterdome
Posts: 891
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4NutzinYoface View Post
Question about final Superman Vs. Zod fight please?


SPOILER!!! *not sure how to do them fancy hide what you're saying or black out words thing*












OK, so I am extremely happy that Zod dies in this movie however I'm a little concerned his fight wity Superman and death are all too sudden and ultimately lackluster. Can anyone describe, despite the neck snapping of Zod being "out of nowhere" is it just so fast and crappy ala Banes death in Dark Knight Rises (I hated that movie & his death getting shot out of nowhere was SO anti climactic)

In a perfect world the hero and villain square off & have an amazing battle ending with a cool death for the villain...hearing how he just cracks the Generals neck and cries about it afterwards in a church (is that correct!?) seems kinda....blah to me

Does Faora have a cool death at least? Also LAST question, if I bought multiple Zods with his helmet to make an army of bad guys would this be an accurate thing to do? At any point does Zod have a squadron of masked, Kryptonian Armored soldiers fight Kal-El?

Any help would be appreciated

Uhhh

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It's not as sudden as Bane's death (which was way lamer imo). It actually had some weight to it. Faora's death was the same as every other Kryptonians. Death by singularity. Assuming you die from that. Superman never fought a whole squad, no.


Last edited by Autonet; 06-06-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Autonet is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #55
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,580
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

ok, a question

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
when Superman destroys the Genesis Chamber or whatever it's called, is that actually filled with living Kryptonian embryos/babies? or is it basically just the machine/mechanism used to grow the babies?

cuz.......if it's full of growing embryos, Superman would basically be committing mass genocide!!!


__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #56
Autonet
What?
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shatterdome
Posts: 891
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
ok, a question

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
when Superman destroys the Genesis Chamber or whatever it's called, is that actually filled with living Kryptonian embryos/babies? or is it basically just the machine/mechanism used to grow the babies?

cuz.......if it's full of growing embryos, Superman would basically be committing mass genocide!!!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nothing in them from what I remember. Pretty sure he doesn't even know what it is actually, he isn't aiming for it.

Autonet is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #57
ikt36
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 45
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Another review:

http://comicsandcosplay.com/man-of-steel-review/

ikt36 is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #58
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,580
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonet View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nothing in them from what I remember. Pretty sure he doesn't even know what it is actually, he isn't aiming for it.
thanks.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #59
4NutzinYoface
Side-Kick
 
4NutzinYoface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: the Batcave
Posts: 1,084
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonet View Post
Uhhh

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It's not as sudden as Bane's death (which was way lamer imo). It actually had some weight to it. Faora's death was the same as every other Kryptonians. Death by singularity. Assuming you die from that. Superman never fought a whole squad, no.


Great thank you for the response

Sorry but how do you mean death by singularity? How did she die?

And aww that BLOWS! I thought for SURE Zod had a squadron of troops that went up against Superman at the final battle

Crap. . .

4NutzinYoface is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #60
Autonet
What?
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shatterdome
Posts: 891
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4NutzinYoface View Post
Great thank you for the response

Sorry but how do you mean death by singularity? How did she die?

And aww that BLOWS! I thought for SURE Zod had a squadron of troops that went up against Superman at the final battle

Crap. . .
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

They crash his baby ship into the black zero and that causes a singularity black hole type thing. She gets sucked into it.

Autonet is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #61
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!
 
Anita18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 23,533
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4NutzinYoface View Post
Great thank you for the response

Sorry but how do you mean death by singularity? How did she die?

And aww that BLOWS! I thought for SURE Zod had a squadron of troops that went up against Superman at the final battle

Crap. . .
You should probably learn how to use the spoiler tags if you're going to keeping going like this.

[ SPOILER]Write stuff here[ /SPOILER] without the spaces (or click the smiley with the blacked-out eyes) for
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
this kind of thing



Or [ BLACKOUT]write stuff here[ /BLACKOUT] without the spaces (or click the ninja smiley) for this kind of thing

__________________
To relive the TDK virals (or learn more!) visit http://www.whysoseriousredux.com
Anita18 is online now  
Old 06-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #62
herolee10
Ultimate Hero
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,087
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

You know, assuming if I remember this spoiler about what Zod said to Superman about Jor-el correctly..

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I believe someone mentioned that Zod states to Superman on how Zod still has nightmares or regrets having to kill Jor-el back on Krypton. I kind of find this ironic in some poetic way because after hearing from others on how Superman deeply regrets having to kill Zod.

Both Zod and Superman took the life of someone because from their POV, they had no choice in some form of matter and even though they know that, their decisions still weigh heavily upon them.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #63
kalelinri
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 297
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Ozymandias

How is the title sequence handled?

Thanks in advance.

kalelinri is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #64
Autonet
What?
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shatterdome
Posts: 891
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalelinri View Post
Ozymandias

How is the title sequence handled?

Thanks in advance.
There isn't one. Well they go through the logos while Kal is being born.


Last edited by Autonet; 06-07-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Autonet is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #65
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.
 
TheIrishAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,859
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

The title sequence involves stars forming a superman logo as it zooms towards the camera.

Not really.

__________________
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR
7.11.14



TheIrishAvenger is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #66
Autonet
What?
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shatterdome
Posts: 891
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

One part that makes no sense to me when I think about it.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Why did Zod want Lois to come up to his ship. How would he even know who she is!! It felt like the only reason for that was to serve the plot.

Autonet is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #67
herolee10
Ultimate Hero
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,087
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4NutzinYoface View Post
Great thank you for the response

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Sorry but how do you mean death by singularity? How did she die?

And aww that BLOWS! I thought for SURE Zod had a squadron of troops that went up against Superman at the final battle

Crap. . .
Yeah, that's like really the only part that's somewhat of an downer, not so much that it'd ruin the experience for me of course, to hear.

I had really hoped that we'd get something like what you just mentioned. I guess they didn't have the budget or time to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonet View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

They crash his baby ship into the black zero and that causes a singularity black hole type thing. She gets sucked into it.
It kind of reminds me of..

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The first Star Trek film where Present Spock uses Spock Prime's ship to crash into the enemy's larger vessel, thus creating a black hole for them as well that sucks them up inside.lol

herolee10 is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #68
moviefan!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 599
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonet View Post
One part that makes no sense to me when I think about it.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Why did Zod want Lois to come up to his ship. How would he even know who she is!! It felt like the only reason for that was to serve the plot.

Paging cosmic

moviefan! is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #69
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."
 
DKDetective's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,979
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonet View Post
One part that makes no sense to me when I think about it.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Why did Zod want Lois to come up to his ship. How would he even know who she is!! It felt like the only reason for that was to serve the plot.
I don't know if it has been confirmed, but set reports of that scene

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
said that Faora picks up on the closeness between them when they are saying goodbye and demands Lois as leverage against Superman.

__________________
Avatar by Kane52630
DKDetective is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #70
Autonet
What?
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shatterdome
Posts: 891
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
I don't know if it has been confirmed, but set reports of that scene

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
said that Faora picks up on the closeness between them when they are saying goodbye and demands Lois as leverage against Superman.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
No, I don't buy that at all. Lois is back with the army when they arrive and Superman is standing by himself. There is no way she'd pick up on any closeness. She walks over and asks who is in charge and says Zod wants Lois to come too, and Lois agrees to go.

There would be no need for leverage at this point as they have no idea about the Codex or had even fought Superman at this point.

Autonet is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #71
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Ms. Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: S.W.O.R.D.
Posts: 2,360
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Plot holes are just unexplained plot points.

Ms. Marvel is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #72
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider
 
Symbiotic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Crossroads of America
Posts: 10,526
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Superbreath. Is it in the film, and if so, who uses it?

Symbiotic is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #73
Autonet
What?
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shatterdome
Posts: 891
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic View Post
Superbreath. Is it in the film, and if so, who uses it?
Not in the film.

Autonet is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #74
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair
 
DaJanksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,267
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonet View Post
One part that makes no sense to me when I think about it.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Why did Zod want Lois to come up to his ship. How would he even know who she is!! It felt like the only reason for that was to serve the plot.
Well her name was reported all over the news. I assume that's how Zod found out about her knowing Kal-El and from there when she was on the ship they got into her mind and messed around. Similar to what they did with Superman. Trying to find information, torment, and even sway them if possible.

__________________
49ers - Spurs - SF Giants -Superman
DaJanksta is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #75
Autonet
What?
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shatterdome
Posts: 891
Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJanksta View Post
Well her name was reported all over the news. I assume that's how Zod found out about her knowing Kal-El and from there when she was on the ship they got into her mind and messed around. Similar to what they did with Superman. Trying to find information, torment, and even sway them if possible.
It's possible, still feels like a big stretch for me. It didn't bother me while I watched the movie though so it's not as big a deal as it sounds, it's still bizarre when I go back to it.

Autonet is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.