The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #601
batman strikes
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I can tell you 2 things about the look:

1. The Turtles look like a combo of most of the major appearances since 1990: The original movie, the 2k3 series, the 2007 film, and (most importantly and closely) the 'Out of the Shadows' game.

2. As far as Shredder goes, he looks significantly similar to this:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Well at least Shredder's going to look awesome. Too bad he's going to be played by a white guy. It's interesting that their going to use CGI for Shredder's armor. I would of thought it wouldn't of been difficult to created a practical costume.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #602
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 4

I would imagine it'd be hard to fight in that practical suit.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #603
batman strikes
Side-Kick

I can't wait to see what the turtles look like. I'm having a hard imagining them in armor but acting like Teenagers. Especially if Mickey's skateboarding around the sewers.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:55 AM   #604
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman strikes View Post
Well at least Shredder's going to look awesome. Too bad he's going to be played by a white guy. It's interesting that their going to use CGI for Shredder's armor. I would of thought it wouldn't of been difficult to created a practical costume.
Thought the same thing about the Kryptonians' armor in MoS but they turned out pretty well

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 11-10-2013, 01:57 AM   #605
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

Quote:

1. The Turtles look like a combo of most of the major appearances since 1990: The original movie, the 2k3 series, the 2007 film, and (most importantly and closely) the 'Out of the Shadows' game.

I will be pretty goddamn happy if these turn out to be true.
Love the designs for out of the shadows.

And that shredder is badass!

May I ask though...how do you know these things,spidey?

Old 11-10-2013, 05:54 AM   #606
Hunter Rider
Ronin

If Shredder looks like that.....

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #607
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

That's a scary ass looking Shredder. Fitchner knows how to be creepy, so I'm warming up to it.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #608
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Interesting that they may look similar to the new toon/video game. But, I do wonder where they found bamboo in New York...

Old 11-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #609
Marvin
Side-Kick

Pretty sure they will be going with the Shannon Zod approach to the armor.

Old 11-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #610
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Pretty sure they will be going with the Shannon Zod approach to the armor.
What do you mean?

Old 11-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #611
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Cgi armor, the way zods armor was all cg in mos.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #612
Marvin
Side-Kick

yes, metal cgi isn't as hard to get real(especially in day light), and it allows for the actor to have greater mobility in performance. It allow allows for seamless compositing with the rest of the cgi turtles.

the only issue is cost.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #613
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Cgi armor, the way zods armor was all cg in mos.
Thanks.
Havn't seen MOS yet.
Wasn't aware that they did that with armor!

Not really liking the idea of bamboo armor on the turtles.
CGI or not.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #614
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

The armor work in mos is pretty flawless. Im sure they'll nail shredders look. And hopefully this bamboo business on the turtles to a minimum, I'm talking about shin and forearm guards and that's it.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #615
batman strikes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
The armor work in mos is pretty flawless. Im sure they'll nail shredders look. And hopefully this bamboo business on the turtles to a minimum, I'm talking about shin and forearm guards and that's it.
It's mostly on their chest but they have gauntlet's and shoulder pads.

Last edited by batman strikes; 11-10-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #616
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Where is this info coming from?

Sounds exciting.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 11-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #617
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Y'know, if they were to rock the reincarnation angle for the film and have a more archaic and traditional suit of armor for Shredder, part of me would want to see Eric Sachs only become Oroku Saki again after donning the old armor, just because that strikes me as truly epic.

Like, oh it's just some guy. Okay it's a creepy guy. Okay, it's a badass ninja guy.

Holy $#!+! It's the ******* Shredder.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 11-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #618
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:

If Shredder looks like this than I'm Happy.

Last edited by DaddlerTheDalek; 11-13-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #619
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

That is an awesome look!

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 11-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #620
Johnny Drama
Sex Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I'm going with terrible. I haven't seen one decent info of news outside of the new lair. So, far it's batting 1/10.
That's an interesting figure. Care to elaborate on this very harsh rating given to a film that you haven't seen yet? Perhaps you are basing it on the trailer or production stills and/or a leak of the final script? Oh wait, that doesn't exist. None of it. So share with me your ways, grandmaster. I too would like to know whether or not a film is good without seeing or knowing anything about it, it would save me a lot of money.

Last edited by Johnny Drama; 11-13-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #621
the last son
Side-Kick

I meant out of all the news I vote a NO for it. Fox as O'neill no. Bay Producing. No. It equals out to 1/10 with the news. I haven't liked any of it outside of how the new lair looks.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:39 AM   #622
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

that's why it will be even more awesome to you if you enjoy the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
It's Zryson. Everything he says is so funny.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #623
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

But then he wouldn't be able to save face.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #624
Donut
Side-Kick

This movie is gonna need an amazing, epic action filled, money shots galore first trailer. So that it can get people & fans on board. No time for slow character trailers & nothing action wow as the first one

Old 11-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #625
Klank
Side-Kick

Quote:
I can confirm that rumor as being 100% true, and its not a bad as you think.
That should be used on the trailers and posters for the movie.

Also does "not as bad" mean that you think it's somewhat bad?

The idea of the turtles wearing actual martial or ninja gear isn't actually a bad one but it's just another thing that could potentially go very wrong and seems to be done for no reason other than because...

Y'know during the period of '03 to '09 we'd always hear about various ideas that Peter Laird shot down. A number of them from the Imagi movie that sounded kinda but then years later Laird himself posts the development notes on his blog and they sounded just awful in detail.

One of those ideas was Kevin Munroe saying how he wanted to give the turtles utility belts to hold extra gear like shuriken and the like only to get a long essay from Laird about how "wrong" that is. Of course years later we find out these utility belts are actually very busy all over straps and pouches that would make your average 90s X-Force member blush and Laird's essay was actually a brief defense of a more traditional design.

In fact I can't help but find it apt now. The TMNT have always had a fairly standard look throughout. Sometimes it gets tweaked somewhat but on the whole it stays the same. It's simple and it works, the simplicity is part of the actual characters. Certainly that was a big part of the classic cartoon and toylines appeal.

I also can't escape the feeling that it's being to justify the the 'ninja' element in a movie that is only superficially about that.

Closed Thread