The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #626
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 4

You guys may or may not have seen an article on CBM in their news section, with a picture of what claimed to be the designs for the Turtles and Shredder's helmet, and that may or may not have been the real deal.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 11-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #627
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 4

Not much...

http://collider.com/whoopi-goldberg-...ley-interview/

Quote:
Did you get involved with the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie because of the whole fantasy aspect of it?

GOLDBERG: I have a grown daughter, and all through my career, she has always said, “Why can’t you be in a Ninja Turtles movie? Why can’t you do a voice or something? Please!” Now, she’s got three grown kids and I’ve got three grown grandkids. I happened to meet up with the folks that were doing it at Paramount, and I said, “Look, if there’s anything in there, would you let me come and play?” Everybody always says, “Oh, sure!,” but very few people follow through. But, these guys followed through, and I had the greatest time. This is the stuff I love! Even my grandkids were like, “Granny, that’s really cool. That’s very hip.” One of them is in their 20s, one is 18 and one is 15, and they’re like, “Wow, that’s pretty cool. Go ahead, granny!” Things that I enjoyed and that I know that they like, if I can get in there, I will. There are just so many things to do now, which is great. Whether it’s going out in space with Star Trek, or doing a voice for the White Rabbit as a black woman, life is good.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 11-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #628
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

I love Whoopi and I kind of am excited to see her in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 11-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #629
#root
Side-Kick

I'm trying to keep my hopes down but I can't cause it's the freaking turtles Come on, Paramount, give us a trailer! I need to see them turtles

Old 11-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #630
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Shoot I'd be happy with images or teaser pics something.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #631
Marvin
Side-Kick

Given the budget, director and state of things in vfx, I'm expecting the effects to be akin to this or better.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This also looks similar to the shredder concept stuff

Expecting the trailer with hobbit or christmas time.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #632
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I can tell you 2 things about the look:

1. The Turtles look like a combo of most of the major appearances since 1990: The original movie, the 2k3 series, the 2007 film, and (most importantly and closely) the 'Out of the Shadows' game.

2. As far as Shredder goes, he looks significantly similar to this:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Well at least the Turtles and Shredder(only when he's in his armor though, then I can pretend it's Japanese man Oroku Saki and not white dude Eric Sachs) will look awesome on screen.

It's just so odd to me that, based on those set pictures of Raphael in the trench coat that he's so freaking huge.

I wouldn't mind if he was the burliest of the Turtles(like Donny being the tallest/lankiest), but he can't even fit in a NY cab.

That's...TOO big.

Any word on Splinter? I'm dreading him almost the most. I know he's probably not going to be anywhere near average human-sized and, I'm assuming, more Yoda sized, which, meh. But any word on if they're overdubbing his voice so he doesn't sound like Danny Woodburn?

Old 11-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #633
Crockett
With Teeth

I was worried since the Out of Shadows game didn't use the nick cartoon designs was because it's the prototype for the movie designs. Now it seems somewhat possibly true, damn.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #634
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
I was worried since the Out of Shadows game didn't use the nick cartoon designs was because it's the prototype for the movie designs. Now it seems somewhat possibly true, damn.
That couldn't be further from the truth.

BTW guys, expect the trailer to hit, and marketing to begin, in February.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 11-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #635
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
That couldn't be further from the truth.

BTW guys, expect the trailer to hit, and marketing to begin, in February.
Sounds like a superbowl situation

Old 11-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #636
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Wouldn't be surprised. Paramount loves their Super Bowl spots.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 11-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #637
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

The Out of the Shadows designs are fair enough. If they look pretty close to that I'd be cool with it.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:50 PM   #638
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Forgive me, but I'm slightly confused how the Turtles can be a combo of the original movie, the 2k3 series, the 2007 film, and (most importantly and closely) the 'Out of the Shadows' game.

The 2007 film Turtles looked more like the 80's-90's animated series Turtles in CGI. The 2003 series had flat-heads and blocky shoulders and arms. "Out of the Shadows" videogame has the Turtles looking nothing like we've seen before but more like actual turtles. And the Jim Henson suits were arguably a combination of the animated series and the original graphic novels.

So, it's a little hard to picture a definite image in my head of their looks.

I will agree though I am really worried they'll make Splinter into a Yoda-sized mentor instead of the human-sized rat we've seen throughout every version of the TMNT.

Old 11-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #639
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
Forgive me, but I'm slightly confused how the Turtles can be a combo of the original movie, the 2k3 series, the 2007 film, and (most importantly and closely) the 'Out of the Shadows' game.

The 2007 film Turtles looked more like the 80's-90's animated series Turtles in CGI. The 2003 series had flat-heads and blocky shoulders and arms. "Out of the Shadows" videogame has the Turtles looking nothing like we've seen before but more like actual turtles. And the Jim Henson suits were arguably a combination of the animated series and the original graphic novels.

So, it's a little hard to picture a definite image in my head of their looks.

I will agree though I am really worried they'll make Splinter into a Yoda-sized mentor instead of the human-sized rat we've seen throughout every version of the TMNT.
Original movie: Skin texturing, musculature, and overall real world look

2k3 series: More bulky size and build.

2007 movie: Height and proportions.

Out of the Shadows: More humanoid features.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 11-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #640
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Original movie: Skin texturing, musculature, and overall real world look

2k3 series: More bulky size and build.

2007 movie: Height and proportions.

Out of the Shadows: More humanoid features.
Ok thanks!

So you got to see footage of the awesome foursome? Or did you hear this from a source?

Old 11-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #641
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
Ok thanks!

So you got to see footage of the awesome foursome? Or did you hear this from a source?
From my source.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 11-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #642
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://www.movieweb.com/news/alan-ri...-ninja-turtles

Quote:
Nov 29, 2013 by Brian Gallagher

Alan Ritchson Talks Raphael in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

While fans can currently see Alan Ritchson in the blockbuster sequel The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, the actor will next be seen as Raphael in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

During a recent interview, the actor revealed that he didn't read any of the original comic books to prepare for the role, and how he connected with the character.

"I actually didn't read any of the comic books- and I really hope I don't offend anyone saying that- but for me, I think we all know who Raphael is. He's known as the angry hothead of the group. He is quick tempered and is quick to act. He is less thoughtful of people's feelings and emotions and consequences. That's something I can relate to as a person. I am very quick to act, like, 'Okay, decision's made, let's go for it.'

So I can relate to him in that sense, but I think just zoning in on who that guy is and then understanding the back story... how these guys were formed in the context of our story and where they came from, and the feelings of abandonment or betrayal. All those very real human feelings are something that are contained within that world, and I think we did a good job of creating a setting and a foundation for that.

So I had everything that I needed to create that character there. So I didn't actually rely so heavily on somebody else's perspective of Raphael twenty years ago, which to be honest like many of the cartoons like, this dude is smiling a lot. You know, they all look the same and there is so a much greater level of like, individual personality in this new reboot, you know that we haven't seen before. So there wasn't a lot for me to relate to, but I don't know if people will understand where I am coming from, maybe until they see it, I don't know.

I think as far as Ninja Turtles, I played a comic book hero [Aquaman] before, so I had some experience with trying to bring a character like that to life. It's challenging because a comic book can span decades and there is an infinite number of authors to go to. The source material changes and these characters' identities change. We still see it every day, like Superman is gay now in comic book nine hundred and eighty one, it's like 'Okay well, that's different then than the guy that started out in number one.'"

It isn't known when we might see the first trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at this time, but stay tuned.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comes to theaters August 8th, 2014 and stars Megan Fox, Alan Ritchson, Pete Ploszek, Jeremy Howard, Noel Fisher, Will Arnett, Danny Woodburn, William Fichtner. The film is directed by Jonathan Liebesman.

Sources: The Back Lot

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 11-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #643
terry78

Haha, I dig Ritchson. He has an understanding.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #644
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Thad is a cool dude

i think he will kill it as Raph

Old 12-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #645
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Well even though he didn't read any of the source material, Ritchson seems pretty confident about playing Raphael as an individual character. I like how he explains that there's a bigger focus on the turtles' individual personalities in this adaptation that hasn't been thoroughly explored in the other films or 80s cartoon. I hope he's right.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #646
terry78

I think you don't really have to have read the books to get the personas. A trained chimp knows how each of them are.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #647
guy_from_nerk
Side-Kick

There is absolutely no hype for this movie...

The spiderman threads seem to have new news almost daily, yet we get nothing for TMNT!

Old 12-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #648
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

The lack of stuff on this is painful, but seeing how this won't be out till august I guess its okay that there's no big news yet. I'm thinking February will be our lucky month for this.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #649
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

There's bad hype...

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
Old 12-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #650
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

etonline.com has posted a new interview with William Fichtner and it mentions about the new TMNT movie here.

Here's the bits of the interview he talks about the new TMNT movie.
Quote:
Elysium star William Fichtner takes on the villainous role of The Shredder in the upcoming reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and the versatile character actor puts a few Internet rumors about the film to rest, saying with a laugh to ETonline, "I can tell you this much: There's an April, there's a Shredder, there are four Turtles. What else do you need? Come on!"

Fans were seriously upset when Michael Bay, who is producing the movie, announced back in 2012 that the title characters would be from an alien race, and that the film's title would simply be called Ninja Turtles. He subsequently clarified his statements after there was such a huge fan backlash, telling everyone they needed to " take a breath, and chill -- they have not read the script," and the title has been restored to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

"Listen, rumor had it that people were up in arms with a few things about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," said an amused Fichtner. "I can tell you this much: The experience for me was really cool. I have nieces and nephews that grew up in the '80s, and if you were a kid, then that's what the Turtles were. But what I didn't realize when I started working on the film is how big that fan base still is. It's really huge, and … I get why Michael would want to produce a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. You've got an audience that was there, but also, I think, kids are ready to see something like this again."

Asked how much the new TMNT story draws on the characters' comic book roots, Fichtner replies, "There's people who could speak to that better than I. You know, I really wasn't a Turtle aficionado and knew all of the backstory. There are some people that know all of the backstory, and that's one of the wonderful things about doing what I do, and sometimes playing a role like this. … For me, I want to find, 'What do you want to do with it now? Who is this guy to you right now? Because I'll tell you who this guy is to me.' And it's finding that collaboration that's exciting about working on this.

"But I will say this much: We've supplied the character of Eric Sachs (aka Shredder) with an awesome time, and with an awful lot of great twists and turns for a guy. But more importantly, I don't think that any version that I've ever seen of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles got you ready for what this one is. This is a whole new deal. This is a whole new ballgame. These turtles are unlike anything you've ever seen. They're crazy, it's freaky, it's live-action, and it's going to look awesome. I love Jonathan Liebesman, who directed it. I really felt that he got an amazing handle on what it was and what he wanted, and we'll see. August 8, next year. Can't wait!"

And, of course, there was plenty of warm pizza on the set? "That's right!" Fichtner replies enthusiastically.

Closed Thread