The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #51
Mr.?
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 4

Ninja Turtles just sounds wrong to me.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #52
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 4

"People don't like to read. Four words is too many for them to have to go through when looking at a poster or marquee so bada bing bam boom, we take off two words and more tickets are sold with the time saved they could've been reading."

Old 06-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #53
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Just to wet our appetites before we see any real action, here's a look at the work of the stunt doubles for Raphael, Mikey, and Leo (respectively). Hopefully this fighting style will make it into the movie, because it's freakin awesome! Check it out:

Daniel Graham (Raph's stunt double)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Jeremy Marinas (Mikey's stunt double)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Jon Valera (Leo & Mikey's stunt double)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #54
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Something to get excited about........

Erik Davis (a noted film reviewer) spent the day on the TMNT set. Presumably he was there for the usual designated press visits.

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/347856180787421185

Quote:
So I spent all day on the set of TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES & apart from LOVING the new look, I can absolutely confirm it will be badass
Another tweet by him.....

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/347857199055376384

Quote:
I have to be mega vague, but as a longtime fan of TMNT I was SO happy with what I saw. They're doing it right. Trust.

His comments give me alot of hope for this movie.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 06-21-2013, 03:53 AM   #55
Chrisbarnes182
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
Just to wet our appetites before we see any real action, here's a look at the work of the stunt doubles for Raphael, Mikey, and Leo (respectively). Hopefully this fighting style will make it into the movie, because it's freakin awesome! Check it out:

Daniel Graham (Raph's stunt double)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Jeremy Marinas (Mikey's stunt double)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Jon Valera (Leo & Mikey's stunt double)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

EPIC!! videos man I agree, I hope this style does make it into the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Something to get excited about........

Erik Davis (a noted film reviewer) spent the day on the TMNT set. Presumably he was there for the usual designated press visits.

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/347856180787421185

Another tweet by him.....

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/347857199055376384

His comments give me alot of hope for this movie.

Sounds very positive.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:38 AM   #56
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

I'm very glad we're getting a new TMNT movie. I just watched the old one again, and it aged really well. I hope this one will manage to be as fun and funny. Can't wait to see how these turtles will look like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
This isn't to blame Cavill, but Goyer and Snyder, Superman doesn't manage to save 10,000 people. Superman doesn't come out as a big hero in the movie. He just seems to be there because he's pissed at General Zod. He isn't necessarily concerned about the people.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #57
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

hopefully we get a sneak peak at Comic Con

Old 06-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #58
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

I am soo curious on what the turtles will look like. Hopefully we'll get something soon (and comic con will probably be the perfect place for a sneak peak). I'm kinda hoping for the classic look with a bit of something new (after all, the mo-cap suits will most definitely show a huge amount of emotion from the actors; a huge upgrade from the 90s suits).

Old 06-22-2013, 01:05 AM   #59
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Tweets from Perri Nerimoff of Shockya, Screenrant, Coming Soon:

https://twitter.com/PNemiroff/status/347900502668894208

Quote:
Last week spent an hour trying to catch some TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES action outside my building. Today got to spend a whole day on set.

https://twitter.com/PNemiroff/status/347900551440252929

Quote:
Those turtles are getting a serious upgrade.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 06-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #60
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Another positive reaction from the set visit:

https://twitter.com/BreanneNYC/statu...88887554793472

Quote:
Spent my day @ the #TMNT set. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fans, worry not. Still heroes in a half-shell & #MeganFox is still hot #cowabunga

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 06-22-2013, 02:23 AM   #61
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Still don't have a lot of faith in Liebesman and Bay, but all these set reports definitely have me curious now. Really hope they give the Turtles a good look and some nice, dynamic action scenes, something that was sorely missing from most of the live-action movies due to the clunky suits they had to wear.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:10 AM   #62
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.? View Post
Ninja Turtles just sounds wrong to me.
How? Thats what everyone in the world calls them. Nobody says teenage mutant ninja turtles, we just say Ninja Turtles

Old 06-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #63
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Fitchner is indeed Shredder....

Old 06-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #64
terry78

Hoping it's just some kind of bait and switch to be honest.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #65
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

All the tweets from sets sound so pr influenced, I hope against hope this is good but the signs keep pointing to another bay/Liebesman military crap fest.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 06-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #66
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

with the announcement that Fichnter will be playing Shredder, Bay & CO. just made it easy for me to quite possibly skip out on this movie

Old 06-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #67
guy_from_nerk
Side-Kick

We need to keep track of all the things from the leaked script and compare them to all the news/pics/vids we get as production moves along. I would venture to say the leaked script is going to be pretty much the final product when its all said and done.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #68
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

With the news of William Fichtner playing Shredder, I'm done with this movie. I HOPE it dies a painful death at the box-office and bombs first day. A freaking white Shredder? How the hell are you going to explain that when his name is Oroku Saki? This isn't "Rush Hour" where Juntao turns out to be Tom Wilkinson.

God, so much fail with this movie.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #69
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

His name probably won't be Oroku Saki, it'll probably be that Schrader crap.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #70
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy_from_nerk View Post
We need to keep track of all the things from the leaked script and compare them to all the news/pics/vids we get as production moves along. I would venture to say the leaked script is going to be pretty much the final product when its all said and done.
I HAVE been doing that and I can honestly say that isn't the case.

The main character of that script (Casey Jones) isn't even in the movie now.

Also, the Turtles' true origin has been restored and characters such as the Channel 6 crew and Baxter Stockman, who weren't in the original script, are now in the movie.

We may have visual elements, such as the more militarized foot, present, but the film already looks much closer to the source material, story wise

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 06-22-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #71
terry78

I dig Fichtner, he's one of the finest actors we have doing it right now. But Bay....man. The one role that would have required you to find a great Japanese actor and you decide to not even go with it. Even if the Foot looked like this but Shredder was Asian I'd still be cool with it.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #72
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
With the news of William Fichtner playing Shredder, I'm done with this movie. I HOPE it dies a painful death at the box-office and bombs first day. A freaking white Shredder? How the hell are you going to explain that when his name is Oroku Saki? This isn't "Rush Hour" where Juntao turns out to be Tom Wilkinson.

God, so much fail with this movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
His name probably won't be Oroku Saki, it'll probably be that Schrader crap.
Well ask yourself, what's better:

Oroku Saki played by a white guy BUT, through some creative means like never showing his face, portrayed as Japanese, OR General Schrader who is racially accurate to the actor cast but is an complete and utter **ping of the original character?

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 06-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #73
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi

Quote:

Oroku Saki played by a white guy BUT, through some creative means like never showing his face, portrayed as Japanese, OR General Schrader who is racially accurate to the actor cast but is an complete and utter **ping of the original character?
I say just name him Oroku Saki and say he is white but raised in Japan and part of Shredder's and Splinter's back story has to do with Japan's xenophobic nature.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #74
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Quote:

Both are a rape of the character in my opinion. Are they just going to have Fichtner behind the Shredder mask the entire time? What about explaining how Splinter scratched his face or are they just going to ret-con the entire origin story? Why whitewash a character? Granted, Kevin Michael Richardson and Uncle Phil have played Shredder in the animated series and Kevin Clash was Splinter in the live-action movies, but how hard is it to find an Asian actor for an Asian role? Lol I mean I fail to see the logic. Unless, Shredder is going to be a Darth Vader or Boba Fett-character who never takes off his mask ("ROTJ" Vader does), it could work, but still I feel it shows a lack of respect for the universe and characters by Liebsman, Bay, and even Eastman, and you completely steamroll ove the feud/origin story of Oroku Saki and Yamato Yoshi.

Old 06-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #75
guy_from_nerk
Side-Kick

Quote:
I HAVE been doing that and I can honestly say that isn't the case.

The main character of that script (Casey Jones) isn't even in the movie now.

Also, the Turtles' true origin has been restored and characters such as the Channel 6 crew and Baxter Stockman, who weren't in the original script, are now in the movie.

We may have visual elements, such as the more militarized foot, present, but the film already looks much closer to the source material, story wise
I thought Baxter was in the leaked script? Also I just read that the "origin" or the ooze was verified to be alien... I know a lot of what was in that script has come to be such as the foot looking like millitary, the turtles being captured.

Closed Thread