The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #76
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy_from_nerk View Post
I thought Baxter was in the leaked script? Also I just read that the "origin" or the ooze was verified to be alien... I know a lot of what was in that script has come to be such as the foot looking like millitary, the turtles being captured.
No, Baxter wasn't in the original script. Also, The turtles were captured in the original script, but they had already been captured when we first meet them. In the new version, it happens later on and probably for different reason.

As far as the Ooze goes, its retaining its original origin of being a creation of the Ultroms, or in this case and the cartoon, Kraang.

Odds are, Kraang and Shredder capture the Turtles to experiment on them and try to recreate the process, seeing as they are generally portrayed as the first successful mutatations from the Ooze, or Mutagen as it was called in the 87 series.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 06-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #77
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Hoping it's just some kind of bait and switch to be honest.
So, the opposite of Iron Man 3?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 06-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #78
the last son
Side-Kick

Has Splinter been confirmed?

Old 06-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #79
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Has Splinter been confirmed?
Yes. His mocap will be done by Danny Woodburn. No word on the voice.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 06-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #80
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

^ Really?? I thought it was the other way around? Damn, that's one small Splinter if that's the case!

Old 06-22-2013, 11:59 PM   #81
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
^ Really?? I thought it was the other way around? Damn, that's one small Splinter if that's the case!
The smallest we've had in any adaptation, that's for sure.

However, Woodburn is 4'0" like Splinter was in the original comic, so its not inaccurate.

The only issue is that he's gonna look REALLY short compared to the Turtles if they keep the heights of the actors. And it looks like they will.

The Turtles in the original comic were only 5'0. A 1 foot difference. Now it will be 2.

But I guess he'll be like Yoda, which, is really cool when you think about it.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 06-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #82
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

A 4 footer teaching 6ft turtles ninjutsu. This'll be interesting.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #83
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
A 4 footer teaching 6ft turtles ninjutsu. This'll be interesting.
Well if a 2 foot green alien can teach a near 6 foot man the ways of the force, and kick his ass while he's at it, I think this could be believable.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 06-23-2013, 01:28 AM   #84
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

I know that, due to the source, this may not be taken seriously, but......

on IMDB, a synopsis from the film has been posted. Could be legit. If it is, it gives an interesting clue to the film's plot.

Quote:
"Aliens invade Earth and inadvertently spawn a quartet of mutated reptilian warriors, the Ninja Turtles, who rise up against them to defend the world."

Something else I wanted to bring up is that the listed cinematographer for this film is Lula Carvalho, best known for the Elite Squad films. We will likely be seeing his signature hand-held filming style in this. He's one of the best at using that style (particularly in action scenes), so it should be quite interesting to see with the Turtles and the style of fighting they do. It should give the film rather a gritty look.

I suggest googling the Elite Squad films for a taste of what we'll get.

Lastly, the news that Mos Def is playing Baxter Stockman is in fact FALSE. The site it originated on is a site devoted to fake news articles (ala the onion) made by fans.

Sorry, still no Baxter.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 06-23-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #85
dark_b
Side-Kick

Baxter Stockman is in the movie? so the movie has 2 villains?

Old 06-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #86
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
Baxter Stockman is in the movie? so the movie has 2 villains?
No. he's not in this movie

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 06-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #87
Marvin
Side-Kick

Not familiar with the source material but why is he called the Shredder?

Old 06-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #88
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Not familiar with the source material but why is he called the Shredder?
There's no reason within the comics for why he's called that. As far as the reason the creators chose that name.... his look was inspired by a cheese grater. Or rather, a cheese SHREDDER.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 06-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #89
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
There's no reason within the comics for why he's called that. As far as the reason the creators chose that name.... his look was inspired by a cheese grater. Or rather, a cheese SHREDDER.
I see.
I was hoping there was actually a cool reason. Perhaps that would explain why fans would be so adamant about it. I knew it wasn't in the movies but I figured there was something in the comics.

I'm not above the fighting for material, but there's something to be said for choosing your battles.
Same with that title. I swear I've never heard anyone mention the full title in person before. I can see why the marketing group might want to make some adjustments.

Last edited by Marvin; 06-23-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #90
Nathan

He's shreds his enemies to pieces. There, reason enough.

Old 06-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #91
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

"The Shredder?"

"Maybe all that hardware is for making Coleslaw."

One of my favorite line exchanges from the original movie. When you have covered head to tone in shiny, sharp metal, capable of shredding a person to pieces that is the only reason you need for why he is called: THE SHREDDER!

Old 06-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #92
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
Both are a rape of the character in my opinion.
Can we please stop using the term 'rape'?

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #93
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
"The Shredder?"

"Maybe all that hardware is for making Coleslaw."

One of my favorite line exchanges from the original movie. When you have covered head to tone in shiny, sharp metal, capable of shredding a person to pieces that is the only reason you need for why he is called: THE SHREDDER!
Don's lines were all pretty excellent in that film. The "structurally speaking" on killed me when I was a kid.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #94
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

This movie has trainwreck written all over it. It's going to make millions because everyone will want to see how bad it is.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #95
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
This movie has trainwreck written all over it. It's going to make millions because everyone will want to see how bad it is.
Because they are making objective changes and have a successful production group behind them?

Old 06-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #96
Klank
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I see.
I was hoping there was actually a cool reason. Perhaps that would explain why fans would be so adamant about it. I knew it wasn't in the movies but I figured there was something in the comics.

I'm not above the fighting for material, but there's something to be said for choosing your battles.
Same with that title. I swear I've never heard anyone mention the full title in person before. I can see why the marketing group might want to make some adjustments.
It's not the characters codename that's really important afterall it doesn't really go mush deeper than him wearing blades same as Peter Parker calling himself Spider-Man because he has spider powers.

It's his real name and whole backstory that is the important thing. He's trained by a ninja clan since a young age for sole the purpose of vengeance to the point that when he became one of the clan's leaders the first thing he did was go out and kill the person he felt wronged him.

Not only is him being a badass ninja pretty intrinsic to the characters appeal, it's intrinsic to the actual main characters. No matter how much it's been altered in the different versions the Saki vs Yoshi rivaly has always been there in some form. It's what starts the whole thing; it's Joe Chill shooting Thomas and Martha Wayne, it's Uncle Ben being killed by the burglar, it's Krypton being destroyed.

Changing him to an American military colonel who is secretly a yellow skinned alien is a needless change that is pretty drastic which not only takes away what made the character stand out in the first place but potentialy alters the titular characters in a significant way also.

The furore over the name was simply because it seemed to back up that the turtles would be aliens in the movie (another needlessly drastic change). Under normal circumstances I don't think anyone would care and would look at it as simply trying to make clear this is a reboot.

Last edited by Klank; 06-23-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #97
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
No. he's not in this movie
How do you know?

Old 06-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #98
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
How do you know?
Because we would've gotten an announcement of it if he was.

And yes. the Mos Def article was fake. He is not playing Baxter Stockman.

So again, there is no Baxter Stockman in this movie.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 06-23-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #99
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klank View Post
It's not the characters codename that's really important afterall it doesn't really go mush deeper than him wearing blades same as Peter Parker calling himself Spider-Man because he has spider powers.

It's his real name and whole backstory that is the important thing. He's trained by a ninja clan since a young age for sole the purpose of vengeance to the point that when he became one of the clan's leaders the first thing he did was go out and kill the person he felt wronged him.

Not only is him being a badass ninja pretty intrinsic to the characters appeal, it's intrinsic to the actual main characters. No matter how much it's been altered in the different versions the Saki vs Yoshi rivaly has always been there in some form. It's what starts the whole thing; it's Joe Chill shooting Thomas and Martha Wayne, it's Uncle Ben being killed by the burglar, it's Krypton being destroyed.

Changing him to an American military colonel who is secretly a yellow skinned alien is a needless change that is pretty drastic which not only takes away what made the character stand out in the first place but potentialy alters the titular characters in a significant way also.

The furore over the name was simply because it seemed to back up that the turtles would be aliens in the movie (another needlessly drastic change). Under normal circumstances I don't think anyone would care and would look at it as simply trying to make clear this is a reboot.
I see.
Has it been confirmed that they are aliens? I read different reports.

Changing but not breaking is always an interesting aspect of these adaptations. I mentioned bane before. I wasn't a fan of it but wouldn't say it didn't work. Then there is the little subjective issue of a change being an improvement. I mean the entire blade saga is an exercise in this.

I would just hope all these fights are actually worth fighting. The tittle change for example, I can't see why anyone would care. I suppose this is another of those signs of aliens type of deal.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #100
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Can we please stop using the term 'rape'?
Lol. Ok, Term Police.