Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #101
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I see.
Has it been confirmed that they are aliens? I read different reports.

Changing but not breaking is always an interesting aspect of these adaptations. I mentioned bane before. I wasn't a fan of it but wouldn't say it didn't work. Then there is the little subjective issue of a change being an improvement. I mean the entire blade saga is an exercise in this.

I would just hope all these fights are actually worth fighting. The tittle change for example, I can't see why anyone would care. I suppose this is another of those signs of aliens type of deal.
The Turtles aren't aliens anymore.

That, as well as many other things, was dropped after the script revamp.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #102
Klank
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 4

Quote:
I see.
Has it been confirmed that they are aliens? I read different reports.

Changing but not breaking is always an interesting aspect of these adaptations. I mentioned bane before. I wasn't a fan of it but wouldn't say it didn't work. Then there is the little subjective issue of a change being an improvement. I mean the entire blade saga is an exercise in this.

I would just hope all these fights are actually worth fighting. The tittle change for example, I can't see why anyone would care. I suppose this is another of those signs of aliens type of deal.
They were definitely supposed to be aliens.

Though this aspect has been changed to them being mutants and the substance that mutated them being of alien origin as it has been in almost every other version. I think it's fair to say the huge backlash made them change it.

Although since certain scenes and aspects of that leaked script are in the movie I think a lot of people are wondering what else survived. Certainly casting a clearly white American actor will lead people to assume the Shredder from the script is still intact.

I think everyone accepts there has to be changes when you adapt something from one medium to another but playing so fast and loose with the very basics you tend to risk altering what made the original version work in the first place. Why even make a movie based on established property at all?

After reading that script I've long had the suspicion that Platinum Dunes had the idea for an original movie based on an interstellar war with the last survivors of race being raised on Earth to fulfill an ancient prophecy etc then they got the TMNT license and went "hmmmm we can make our movie as a Ninja Turtles movie"

Old 06-24-2013, 03:13 AM   #103
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

I see what your saying, but come on...General Shrader?! There's no reasonable excuse for that. AT ALL. I don't care how "realistic" or "modern" they wanna make it. The "foot soldiers" wearing identical weird human face masks (?) I'll accept. But not that.

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."
Old 06-24-2013, 06:30 AM   #104
Godzilla2000
Super Shadow

Quote:
Because they are making objective changes and have a successful production group behind them?
Given Bay's previous creative input in his other movies there's going to be a thin plotline revolving around the human characters with lots of explosions. Very interchangeable and very formulaic adding nothing new to the movie business pot.

- I always defend the honor of people I consider friend material.

- I refuse to be just an option. It's either a real relationship or I walk away.

"Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself." -Charles de Gaulle

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 06-24-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #105
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Just saw some tweets on cbm from people who visited the set. They said not to be worried, and that fans will be happy.

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Old 06-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #106
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

We'll see how it plays out. I won't ***** until I see the movie if there is some kind of plot twist thing going.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #107
Donut
Side-Kick

Maybe they are pulling an Iron Man 3 & this guy is not really the Shredder

Old 06-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #108
terry78

I'm hoping the Schrader thing is just some kind of alias one of the real Oruku Saki's disciples put together and we see the real one in a sequel or something like a Sith type of thing.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #109
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

seriously, General Shrader

what moron came up with that? how hard is it to stick to the source material?

Old 06-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #110
roach
I am the night

ahhhhhh it's 1987 all over again

in 1985 my friend and I discover the TMNT. Four badass ninja's that battled other ninjas, evil overlords and alien invasions. We could not get enough of them.
Then we found out a cartoon was coming. We were besides ourselves.
In 1987 the cartoon came out and we were shocked....disappointed.
they had different colored masks
they wisecracked and was obsessed with pizza
they said cowabunga
Splinter was no longer Hamato Yoshi's pet...her was Hamato Yoshi mutated into a rat/man thing.
The foot soldiers were no longer ninjas but robots
Baxter Stockman was now white

so now it's 2013 and people are upset about changes to the TMNT
the only constant to the TMNT is that they change

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #111
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
so now it's 2013 and people are upset about changes to the TMNT
the only constant to the TMNT is that they change
An unfortunate truth.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #112
terry78

Haha, I think the only beef is that this is a Ninja Turtle medium with like no Asian people whatsoever unless they tack some on.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #113
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Haha, I think the only beef is that this is a Ninja Turtle medium with like no Asian people whatsoever unless they tack some on.
Where have you been for the last 30 years of the turtles' existence? The characters have almost NEVER been played by actors of the same race.

And yet, people want to ***** about it now.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #114
Klank
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Where have you been for the last 30 years of the turtles' existence? The characters have almost NEVER been played by actors of the same race.

And yet, people want to ***** about it now.
If we're talking about voice casts then yes but when it's been required to see actors on screen then they've been fairly accurate. James Saito, Toshishiro Obata to name a few and even in the otherwise crappy Next Mutation series the Shredder actor was clearly of Japanese descent as was a lot of the Foot Clan.

The only exception is Kevin Nash as Super Shredder but then he wasn't human anymore. Again they could so something similar to obscure Fichtner's features but then I do think it's questionable to go to such legnths when they could give the role to an actual asian actor.

The bigger worry is that he's not supposed to be Japanese (or a ninja for that matter) at all and that would seem to have a very significant impact on the movie.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:56 AM   #115
SpideyFan866
Banned User

First official image of The Shredder released:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 06-25-2013, 02:33 AM   #116
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
Lol. Ok, Term Police.
sorry its just a pet peeve and one of the reasons why fans of anything aren't taken seriously. Changing a characters race does not equate to someone forcing themselves on another person sexually which is a criminal act.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-25-2013, 03:04 AM   #117
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
sorry its just a pet peeve and one of the reasons why fans of anything aren't taken seriously. Changing a characters race does not equate to someone forcing themselves on another person sexually which is a criminal act.
You are correct. Fans should really stop trying to use that kind of language. The situation isn't that serious.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:08 AM   #118
Octoberist
point blank

I'm with Roach and I See Spidey with that one.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #119
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Ok then. Fair enough.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #120
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.? View Post
Ninja Turtles just sounds wrong to me.
In France, we always called them ninja turtles, we never had the teenage mutant part, save for when they used the english title (which wsn't often)

Share your ps4 videos
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...1#post30079049
Old 06-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #121
terry78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lťo Ho Tep View Post
In France, we always called them ninja turtles, we never had the teenage mutant part, save for when they used the english title (which wsn't often)
We forgive you.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #122
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
We forgive you.
you're so merciful

I do like TMNT as a title though

Share your ps4 videos
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...1#post30079049
Old 06-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #123
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi

Quote:
Can we please stop using the term 'rape'?
Rape can mean the improper use of something. It is not a term that just means an unwanted sexual act. Saying that they are raping the character is a valid use of the word.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #124
jdogg willie
Side-Kick

Megan Fox as April I can deal with, but Shredder is full-blooded Japanese that came to America from JAPAN, I don't know of any full-blooded Japan ppl that are white

Old 06-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #125
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogg willie View Post
Megan Fox as April I can deal with, but Shredder is full-blooded Japanese that came to America from JAPAN, I don't know of any full-blooded Japan ppl that are white
Apparently not in this movie

Closed Thread