Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 07:57 AM   #576
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Aaron Johnson is Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
What not this costume from X-Men Evolution ? How difficult was this ?

Would look silly in live action...honestly

Old 03-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #577
Hammer!
Side-Kick

Green on green and green and white would look weird on film. Especially with silver hair. Silver goes much better with blue. Definitely made the right decision with the blue.

GL: 4/10. SR: 6.5/10. BB: 8/10. TDK: 9/10. TDKR: 5/10. MOS: 6/10.

SM: 8/10. SM2: 7/10. SM3: 4/10. TASM: 6.5/10 TASM2: 6/10.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #578
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
....how does everyone **** this up? At this point, the best live action incarnation we have for Quicksilver is Paul Bettany in the Da Vinci Code.
Just, wow

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:43 AM   #579
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Would look silly in live action...honestly
Agreed. Really silly.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #580
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
The one thing I'm a little concerned about is his interaction with Hawkeye. In the comics, Hawkeye has a big mouth, and the two of them will get into arguments. The MCU Hawkeye, as played by Jeremy Renner, hasn't really displayed those characteristics. Renner seems more by-the-book and mature so far, and not one to shoot off his mouth or trade verbal blows with Pietro.

Pietro better be a douche in this. I don't want IM to be the only one with the snarky comments, with Pietro somewhat neutered.
Thats why itll be great to see Hawkeye actually be a big part of the team this time. Not just running around shooting his arrows. He'll have a dialogue with everyone. I think Joss will make QS a douche for the reasons of his superspeed persona, but he wont be totally unlikable. Its sorta funny to read someone saying they WANT a character to be a douche.

Last edited by TheVision; 03-26-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #581
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
Thats why itll be great to see Hawkeye actually be a big part of the team this time. Not just running around shooting his arrows. He'll have a dialogue with everyone. I think Joss will make QS a douche for the reasons of his superspeed persona, but he wont be totally unlikable. Its sorta funny to read someone saying they WANT a character to be a douche.
You know, I was watching the movie again yesterday and, for as much as people say this about Hawkeye, Thor feels like even less a part of the team. He has zero one-on-one dialogue scenes with any of the other members, only that little talk with Coulson. At least Hawkeye had his relationship with Widow as an in.

I imagine both Thor and Hawkeye will be given the opportunity to develop relationships with the other members in this

Old 03-26-2014, 12:37 PM   #582
TheVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
You know, I was watching the movie again yesterday and, for as much as people say this about Hawkeye, Thor feels like even less a part of the team. He has zero one-on-one dialogue scenes with any of the other members, only that little talk with Coulson. At least Hawkeye had his relationship with Widow as an in.

I imagine both Thor and Hawkeye will be given the opportunity to develop relationships with the other members in this
The thing is The Avengers had to set their relationships up in a way that didnt feel fake. They cant all be buddies/talking a lot from the start (although Tony and Bruce kinda had that quick friendship cuz theyre both brainiacs). THOR was sort of an outsider worried about Lokis plan but he had some cool action moments with Cap at the end, they kicked ass together. I think he'll be more pals with the group in A2. Also both Hawkeye and Black Widow will be more important to the team in A2 interacting/calling shots etc.

Quicksilver and Scarlet will probably be the new outsiders this time.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:22 PM   #583
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
This could be a good design. The lightning stripe isn't so obvious as it isn't in white. It's just the way the two different tones on his costume join together, forming a lightning pattern.

The one thing I'm a little concerned about is his interaction with Hawkeye. In the comics, Hawkeye has a big mouth, and the two of them will get into arguments. The MCU Hawkeye, as played by Jeremy Renner, hasn't really displayed those characteristics. Renner seems more by-the-book and mature so far, and not one to shoot off his mouth or trade verbal blows with Pietro.

Pietro better be a douche in this. I don't want IM to be the only one with the snarky comments, with Pietro somewhat neutered.
Actually, when he's not not in zombie mode Hawkeye has plenty of mouth. Remember the scene of him and Coulson in Thor?

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 03-26-2014, 01:27 PM   #584
TheVision

The Avengers bonded because of the Battle of New York so Id guess theyll all be closer in A2 from the start.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #585
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Yeah, and they all carry that experience with them. The relationships between the Avengers are also being progressed in Phase 2 before AoU. Thor bonded with Cap and Loki even made fun of that in TDW, when he morphed into Rogers. Banner and Tony have a close relationship, which even carried over into the end of IM3. Cap and Widow worked well together and we see even more of that in TWS. I have no doubt the character interaction will be greater this time around.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:58 PM   #586
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Okay, so Quicksilver has the silver/white hair so many demanded. The concept art was just that, a concept and not the final look, which a lot of us said when it came out. Good job, Marvel!

**leaves without reading the rest of the thread**

Old 03-26-2014, 09:00 PM   #587
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:

He would look like a giant, walking tube of toothpaste.

And let's not pretend no one here would be calling him out for that.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #588
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

The facial hair is my issue, unless it's a plot point.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #589
Skyfall
Banned User

Quote:

He looks like a toothpaste container.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #590
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Other than the pants and shoes, I like how he looks. Can't wait to see his real costume though.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #591
Six
Six Six Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
The facial hair is my issue, unless it's a plot point.
He stole the moustache from Commissioner Gordon and is holding it hostage in another franchise

Old 03-26-2014, 09:25 PM   #592
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

The facial hair isn't an issue at all. You guys being serious?

Old 03-26-2014, 09:26 PM   #593
Skyfall
Banned User

This has probably been discussed to death but any idea what the origin of his powers will be in this? It's unlike Marvel to have superpowered characters show up without fleshing out their origins.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:27 PM   #594
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

That's still up for debate based on those that caught the early screenings of The Winter Soldier.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #595
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Just, wow
It looks like doodoo baybeh

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Old 03-26-2014, 09:58 PM   #596
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

It should be interesting to see on which film ends up executing Quicksilver's speed better on screen visually and creatively.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:07 PM   #597
Chewy
REDACTED

Let's not

Old 03-26-2014, 10:11 PM   #598
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

I'm more interested in the character development of the two respective QS. Making super speed with today's special effects is really a piece of cake imo, but that alone isn't enough to make QS a great character.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 03-26-2014, 10:12 PM   #599
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
It should be interesting to see on which film ends up executing Quicksilver's speed better on screen visually and creatively.

That's going to be interesting, but clearly DOFP is not even attempting to go for the QS of the comics. His mannerisms here, are out of line with Pietro of the comics. DOFP is going for a cocky teenager, almost a Jonny Storm type of character. The Pietro from the comics basically had arrogance bordering on superiority to human (as his father thought).

We haven't seen much from AoU, but it appears they are going for more the traditional Pietro and Wanda from the comics.

I'm not even surprised by this as the X-men franchise has done this with several characters, like Colossus. They give him the powers, but his character and personality are more of a backdrop, just a generic guy with power.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #600
alexlachiusa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Purely going off what we have already seen, I gotta say I prefer the more "supernatural" look to Quicksilver's powers
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
in the Winter Soldier end credit scene.

Last edited by The Sage; 03-27-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Closed Thread