The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #276
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

If they want Vin to be a hero, why not Black Knight/Dane Whitman.

Not that I like BK or think Vin is anything like him, but with BK being the most boring and uninspiring major member of the Avengers in recent history (if there was a numerical ratio of Team Prominence: Fans Giving A ****, Dane Whitman would have the highest score) he's for all intents and purposes a blank slate character they can use to create a character who can help carry the franchise.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #277
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Here's my Avengers set up with the Iron man helmet from 3D Fx deco light

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 06-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #278
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger
X-men should use the white and blue Quicksilver, while Whedon should give him a red costume with yellow lightning bolts and call him "The Dash." It's not like DC will be doing anything with their guy, right?
The more I hear about this movie's development, the more I think it's going to be a big mess; I'm going to point out that Days of Future Past's script has long been done and probably doesn't allow for any additional characters as of filming, or they were trying to keep it a secret until Whedon let it slip that Quicksilver would be in Avengers 2. You also have to note that Whedon did
say Pietro may not be in the final draft of Avengers 2 - so it's not like Singer was actually stepping on toes.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #279
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Not sure what you think is going to be messy. What about the development is troubling? He's had more time to write it than the first movie, and he's had a say in the events of the Phase 2 lead-up films. If anything, this movie is in better shape than the original.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #280
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I THINK he will be the vision, but I am hoping for Ronan...I can see him playing ronan in gotg

Old 06-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #281
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
You also have to note that Whedon did say Pietro may not be in the final draft of Avengers 2
No, he did not

Old 06-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #282
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Whedon will create a new character called Fastgold.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #283
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

A while back either he or Feige were beating around the bush in an interview and said "Things could change six months from now," but it's a definite lock at this point.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #284
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Here's my Avengers set up with the Iron man helmet from 3D Fx deco light
That's neat, Vartha! But how did you lift Thor's hammer?

Old 06-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #285
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
A while back either he or Feige were beating around the bush in an interview and said "Things could change six months from now," but it's a definite lock at this point.
It's so definite that Whedon has discussed Wanda & Pietro in several interviews, each time reiterating that what he has planned for them is going to be terrific. Now they're moving onto casting, which is as definite as it gets. (Except if you're talking MJ in ASM2.)

Old 06-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #286
eddy
Side-Kick

Whedon didn't say that quote. Kevin Feige did it while beating around the bush. I'm sure he was pissed Whedon let it slip out(I think at the MTV awards was when he first mentioned the twins?) but every time Whedon brings them up he seems sure that they will be in the movie and when asked about DOFP merely shrugged it off basically saying he didn't really care about their version and that his will be awesome.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #287
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagefighterkip View Post
Vin Diesel better not be in this...
fingers crossed...

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 06-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #288
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Why not? It's most likely gonna be for his voice acting.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #289
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Keep in mind they'll also be able to modulate it. I'm not banking on him being Groot, but I could see it and would dig it.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #290
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King
Not sure what you think is going to be messy. What about the development is troubling? He's had more time to write it than the first movie, and he's had a say in the events of the Phase 2 lead-up films. If anything, this movie is in better shape than the original.
I was hoping that the rumors/speculation about those two was just that. I'm not sure how they'll introduce mutants to the MCU, and it's sounding like they might be used as villains at first, but I'm not so sure about that, because it doesn't necessarily sound like they're evil. Like how mutants have a rep from the public for being evil, and now that the Avengers are around, they fear it's
a matter of time before Fury sends 'em after them.

This could get tricky. In order to explain who these two are, you need to go into their history. In order to do that, you'd need to mention a bunch of stuff that Marvel isn't allowed to touch at the moment. I wonder how they're going to pull that off.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #291
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
To anyone wanting Vin Diesel in a role of an articulate character such as Vision or Thanos for example, get lost.
He was not even on my radar (I want a mocap Andre Braugher or my dream casting of Ron Perlman) but I can see him totally selling it. So.... No. I will not get lost.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:58 PM   #292
Mr. Dent
Banned User

This just crossed my mind after Singer was talking about DOFP being international: you guys think this film will be world wide? The first film was contained to NY and a bit in Germany, but in the comics the Avengers do things all over the world. Would be great to see that translate to the films.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #293
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Whedon didn't say that quote. Kevin Feige did it while beating around the bush. I'm sure he was pissed Whedon let it slip out(I think at the MTV awards was when he first mentioned the twins?) but every time Whedon brings them up he seems sure that they will be in the movie and when asked about DOFP merely shrugged it off basically saying he didn't really care about their version and that his will be awesome.

Whedon didn't break the news about the Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver. What happened was that several sites had gotten wind of it either through a source at Marvel or from casting agents who knew about the characters. If I recall correctly, the first time Whedon publicly confirmed that Wanda & Pietro would be in TA2 was at one of the Iron Man 3 premiere events. He said that he was going to come out and confirm them because the studio was sending out casting info to agents, so it was going to get out soon anyway. Feige wouldn't have been upset at Whedon for that, and in fact I am sure that everyone at Marvel was on board with revealing it. That was a situation in which the studio's desire for secrecy was trumped by outside events.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:02 PM   #294
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Whedon was the first to mention a brother sister act in A2. It was the first we had heard anything about it.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #295
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Whedon was the first to mention a brother sister act in A2. It was the first we had heard anything about it.
That came after the rumors, I believe. It was funny and frustrating watching people here twist and turn to fit husbands & wives, fathers & daughters into the brother and sister description.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #296
Mr. Dent
Banned User

No, it was first. The "rumors" came directly after when one of THR's writers tweeted he had heard Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver would be in the movie in relation to Joss saying he had been talking to agencies.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #297
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
This just crossed my mind after Singer was talking about DOFP being international: you guys think this film will be world wide? The first film was contained to NY and a bit in Germany, but in the comics the Avengers do things all over the world. Would be great to see that translate to the films.
I think this will have a somewhat global setting, if those reports of Wakanda being included there's that, probably New York setting again as well, maybe DC with this phase being very political. Maybe even other worldly stuff in Asgard or somewhere else. It would be cool to see like something go down and each Avenger fighting solo or duo fights in different parts of the world though.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 06-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #298
Mr. Dent
Banned User

That could work if they were split into groups rather than completely individual. We have solo films for a reason after all.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #299
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Would love small squads of Avengers in far off locales. As long as at least one is Cap, Hawkeye, Wanda and Pietro. Got's to have me at least one reference to the Kooky Quartet.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:16 AM   #300
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Have them search for Hulk like their first mission together in the comics. That would be awesome.

Closed Thread