The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #476
STR1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 210
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
The thing that gets me is the Triskelion is said to be in Cap 2. Since there's a supervillain prison on it, I can just imagine a breakout in TA2 and the Masters forming. I think I heard that Cap 2 is the phase 2 movie that is tied the most into TA2's plotline. This prison foreshadowing could be one of those ties, along with many more.


IF the Masters appear on TA2 then what purpose will GotG play in all of this phase? If Marvel is looking ahead MAYBE GotG will tie in with Phase 3/TA3/Thanos. If you are right about the Masters then Marvel must be making us think (or atleast the GA) that the villian is Thanos for TA2, even though he has stated its not.

STR1 is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #477
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,666
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

we don't really have to kiss and make up because we weren't fighting, just discussing

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #478
RiXi
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mexico
Posts: 107
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Vin Diesel on his Facebook, an hour ago:

Quote:
Marvel meeting today...

Only the people in the room can tell you what was discussed...

P.s. Thanks to Our page, for pushing to make it happen... you know I get tunnel vision with my work... and after that meeting today... wow!


Who do you think he's playing?

RiXi is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #479
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,476
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXi View Post
Vin Diesel on his Facebook, an hour ago:





Who do you think he's playing?
I'm voting for High Evolutionary! But I have no clue.

spideymouse is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #480
MynAmeIsedDie90
Devourer of Worlds
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 139
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXi View Post
Vin Diesel on his Facebook, an hour ago:





Who do you think he's playing?
"...tunnel VISION" O.O

Vision?? Sort of kidding, but maybe haha

MynAmeIsedDie90 is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #481
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,666
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Vision

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #482
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 16,880
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Maybe the Space Phantom

Dark Raven is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #483
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,334
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

If he's anyone I would say Vision. But I hope he won't be in Avengers 2 because I prefer they keep Vision a creation of Ultron.

__________________
Marvel/DC:
2014 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Guardians of the Galaxy
2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron | The Fantastic Four | Ant-Man
2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 03:52 AM   #484
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 25,881
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

I'm sorry but, to ME Vin is no different than a wrestler. I hope it's not a major role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXi View Post
Vin Diesel on his Facebook, an hour ago:





Who do you think he's playing?

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 04:41 AM   #485
SilentWarriorZ
Side-Kick
 
SilentWarriorZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 476
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

OMG The poster on back reads ' see the new Giant man '

SilentWarriorZ is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #486
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 25,881
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Don't think it's Pym, I just don't see it.
I CAN see Vin maybe as Wonder Man, that could lead into Vision eventually but can't him as Vision either.

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #487
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,476
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Don't think it's Pym, I just don't see it.
I CAN see Vin maybe as Wonder Man, that could lead into Vision eventually but can't him as Vision either.
How about Lang?

spideymouse is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #488
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 10,865
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Lang makes more sense than Pym, especially if Lang is supposed to be the title character in "Ant-Man." (The only script we know of from Edgar Wright's film so far *does* feature Lang as the title character, with Pym being an older Ant-Man from the 1960s who mentors Lang the thief, a la "To Steal an Ant-Man" storyline.)

I'm not sure Vin was trying to reference the Giant-Man picture so much as simply "Avengers #2" in that picture, meaning that's almost certainly the movie he's being cast for. The Vision remark is obvious, especially given his Facebook history with a picture of the synthezoid; but it could also be a playful misdirection.

The only thing I'm certain of now is that he's casting for TA2. In what capacity is anybody's guess. Giant-Man picture notwithstanding, I'm still not sure Edgar Wright will be far enough along in the Ant-Man movie to warrant a cameo from Pym and/or Lang in TA2 (Ant-Man comes out *after* TA2, in case anybody forgot), but it's a real possibility.

And, like Dent said, I'd really hate to see Vision without Ultron, and Ultron without Pym. But who knows.

Somebody else mentioned High Evolutionary, and I could see that, too. I still think Hi-Ev is a possibility to be the big bad in TA2, assembling an army of supervillains ("Masters"....of Evil) to take on Earth's Mightiest.

But I still stand by the Thanos Imperative. All roads lead to Thanos in Phase II. Vin Diesel now finds himself on the main highway.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #489
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,476
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Lang makes more sense than Pym, especially if Lang is supposed to be the title character in "Ant-Man." (The only script we know of from Edgar Wright's film so far *does* feature Lang as the title character, with Pym being an older Ant-Man from the 1960s who mentors Lang the thief, a la "To Steal an Ant-Man" storyline.)

I'm not sure Vin was trying to reference the Giant-Man picture so much as simply "Avengers #2" in that picture, meaning that's almost certainly the movie he's being cast for. The Vision remark is obvious, especially given his Facebook history with a picture of the synthezoid; but it could also be a playful misdirection.

The only thing I'm certain of now is that he's casting for TA2. In what capacity is anybody's guess. Giant-Man picture notwithstanding, I'm still not sure Edgar Wright will be far enough along in the Ant-Man movie to warrant a cameo from Pym and/or Lang in TA2 (Ant-Man comes out *after* TA2, in case anybody forgot), but it's a real possibility.

And, like Dent said, I'd really hate to see Vision without Ultron, and Ultron without Pym. But who knows.

Somebody else mentioned High Evolutionary, and I could see that, too. I still think Hi-Ev is a possibility to be the big bad in TA2, assembling an army of supervillains ("Masters"....of Evil) to take on Earth's Mightiest.

But I still stand by the Thanos Imperative. All roads lead to Thanos in Phase II. Vin Diesel now finds himself on the main highway.
How does Iron Man 3 lead to Thanos?

spideymouse is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #490
Crimson King
Throwing shade
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,590
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

As someone else mentioned a while back, Whedon is only signed on through A2. There's no way (IMO) that he sets up Thanos as an A3 villain when he's not even going to be around to see his story through. In my mind, Thanos is basically confirmed as the A2 baddie. What we don't know is how the story revolves around him.

__________________
kingwrites.com

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Crimson King is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #491
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,180
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I'm sorry but, to ME Vin is no different than a wrestler. I hope it's not a major role.
Pretty much.

__________________
It's not Marvel and DC's place to create our stories. We create our stories. --Dwayne McDuffie

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134
RockSP is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #492
MynAmeIsedDie90
Devourer of Worlds
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 139
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

I think Vin is playing a major villain in A2. From el mayimbe:

elmayimbe ‏@elmayimbe 8 Jul
.@Marvel FANBOY NATION! Before I go, here is clue about major character I'm hearing is in AVENGERS 2, HE'S A MAJOR BAD GUY. Can u guess?

elmayimbe ‏@elmayimbe 1h
Fanboy nation! Remember that bad guy I tweeted about in AVENGERS 2 a few days ago before Vin met yesterday w/@Marvel? Yep.

But apparently no one guessed correctly who he had heard Vin was going to play...who could it be? I'm sure people were guessing Thanos, Ultron, Vision, etc.

MynAmeIsedDie90 is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #493
MynAmeIsedDie90
Devourer of Worlds
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 139
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

He's also said awhile back that he had a Marvel villain in mind that he always wanted to play. Maybe it's that character. Source: http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/08/27...but-which-one/

He also said this around the same time:

I would be [more] apt to play a villain, Diesel revealed to MTV News. [I'd like to play] the protagonist of a story that is also like a Marvel villain like Doctor Doom or something.

Man, if only Doctor Doom was the A2 villain...drool....

MynAmeIsedDie90 is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #494
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!
 
Spideyfan93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 5,488
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Ninja, if Dr Doom was a part of this Marvel Cinematic Universe and was a villain for Avengers 2 then I'd be ****ing bouncing all over!

__________________
MAFFMANJONES MOVIE REVIEWS 2013!
4/22/13: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Will Be Up to Par with the Best Comic Book Films! BOOK IT!
Captain America: The Winter Soldier Movie REVIEW!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spideyfan93 is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #495
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 7,855
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

I just can't get behind him being cast as any of the suggested villains so far.

__________________
*CAPTAIN AMERICA*
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
_____________________2014______________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
VARTHA FOR MOD
marcvader is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #496
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,177
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
As someone else mentioned a while back, Whedon is only signed on through A2. There's no way (IMO) that he sets up Thanos as an A3 villain when he's not even going to be around to see his story through.
Unless in the back of his mind he has already decided to come back for part 3 (or at very least, leaning heavily towards doing so).

Saitou Hajime is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #497
smashmode
House Stark
 
smashmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,235
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXi View Post
Vin Diesel on his Facebook, an hour ago:





Who do you think he's playing?

tunnel vision

smashmode is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #498
smashmode
House Stark
 
smashmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,235
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynAmeIsedDie90 View Post
"...tunnel VISION" O.O

Vision?? Sort of kidding, but maybe haha

Damnit.

smashmode is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #499
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,913
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
we don't really have to kiss and make up because we weren't fighting, just discussing
It was a joke lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Vision
That's what I am saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
If he's anyone I would say Vision. But I hope he won't be in Avengers 2 because I prefer they keep Vision a creation of Ultron.
Who's to say it WOULDN'T be an Ultron creation? Who is to say, Ultron doesn't exist in AI form already, we just don't know it. What if say, a certain scientist named Hank Pym once developed an AI, which wasn't too successful, however, Killian, ,after being funded by Hydra got his hands on it, and used it as the "network" to link all his extremis stuff, or something? Or he used it as an ai to control the suits like, Iron Patriot? Remember, the interior of the face mask when the suit was taken over was green, wasn't jarvis. Probably wasn't Ultron, but it wasn't jarvis obviously. Maybe this AI, which has already evolved into selfawareness is plotting, and after all is said and done in avengers 2, it builds it's Vision of the future, and attacks the avengers. They are able to turn it good, because everyone must ban together to fend off Thanos. Meanwhile the after credit scene could be Ultron building himself a body.

Then in Ant-man, we learn how this ai was created, and where it is now.

Basically the point of this fun little "I can dream can't I" speculation, is that there is still a possible way Vision could be Ultron's creation, if he is in Avengers 2

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #500
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,913
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynAmeIsedDie90 View Post
He's also said awhile back that he had a Marvel villain in mind that he always wanted to play. Maybe it's that character. Source: http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/08/27...but-which-one/

He also said this around the same time:

“I would be [more] apt to play a villain,” Diesel revealed to MTV News. “[I'd like to play] the protagonist of a story that is also like a Marvel villain – like Doctor Doom or something.”

Man, if only Doctor Doom was the A2 villain...drool....
Mayimbe must be referring to Kang/Immortus. bet it, since I've seen Wardell talk about Kang as well.

I highly highly doubt either are legit, but I betcha that's who Mayimbe is referring to.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.