The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #501
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Or, Mayimbe was referring to one of the obvious picks like Thanos or Ultron or even Vision (villain, though....?), and just didn't want to fess up when everybody and their brother-in-law correctly guessed his "brilliant scoop."

At this point, I'd say that Vision and Thanos are the two likeliest choices, based on what we know and what we know from Vin's tweets. I'm personally hoping it's the latter than the former, since it'd likely mean a whole lot of non-canonical changes to Vision's story (because there's no way in hell they can cram all that into Avengers 2 and still have room for all the rest of it).

OTOH, if it *is* Vision, there's a distinct possibility that Avengers 2 is going to feature a huge-ass classic roster that makes me positively orgasmic at the thought:

Cap
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Falcon
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Vision (?)
Black Panther (? There's rumors that they intend to film at least part of the movie in South Africa. Got to mean Wakanda.)
War Machine (? Possibly. He's got Westie cred.)
Hank Pym*
Janet Van Dyne*
Scott Lang*

*Presumably will have already been cast by the time TA2 goes into production. It's not entirely unlikely that we get our first glimpses of them in TA2 as prelude to the Ant-Man movie a few months afterward.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #502
Aztec
Side-Kick

Anyone thinking we'll get the subtitle at Comic-Con?

Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Old 07-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #503
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I wonder if we would have a cast that big, or if they'll cut some people out to make room. Having an Avengers team that's 12 people might work in the comics, but it might be too much for the movie.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #504
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

It could work if they split into two teams, one going after the Earth threat and one the cosmic.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #505
MynAmeIsedDie90
Devourer of Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
I wonder if we would have a cast that big, or if they'll cut some people out to make room. Having an Avengers team that's 12 people might work in the comics, but it might be too much for the movie.
I'd be fine with cameo appearances or even.....deaths O.O

Old 07-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #506
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I could see Vin as Taskmaster.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #507
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I CAN see him as Thanos OR High Evolutionary. Just Can't see Vin as Vision
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynAmeIsedDie90 View Post
I think Vin is playing a major villain in A2. From el mayimbe:

elmayimbe ‏@elmayimbe 8 Jul
.@Marvel FANBOY NATION! Before I go, here is clue about major character I'm hearing is in AVENGERS 2, HE'S A MAJOR BAD GUY. Can u guess?

elmayimbe ‏@elmayimbe 1h
Fanboy nation! Remember that bad guy I tweeted about in AVENGERS 2 a few days ago before Vin met yesterday w/@Marvel? Yep.

But apparently no one guessed correctly who he had heard Vin was going to play...who could it be? I'm sure people were guessing Thanos, Ultron, Vision, etc.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #508
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Pretty sure it's vision. Here's why. One, what he said, tunnel VISION....two, all the pictures of the Vision as his profile pictures, like 4 times. His profile pictures are often characters he plays...3, today, after the meeting, this was his cover photo....

Old 07-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #509
warcam
Side-Kick

Oh snap.

And I like your idea of Ultron having already been created, Killian's involvement, etc., eventually leading to 'Ant-man', where it could act as sort of a prequel, before changing to the present.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #510
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Pretty sure it's vision. Here's why. One, what he said, tunnel VISION....two, all the pictures of the Vision as his profile pictures, like 4 times. His profile pictures are often characters he plays...3, today, after the meeting, this was his cover photo....

You mean, on Facebook? Actually, his cover photo is a mashup of him hollering at an elephant. Where'd you get that one?

Old 07-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #511
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
You mean, on Facebook? Actually, his cover photo is a mashup of him hollering at an elephant. Where'd you get that one?
Yeah, facebook. Apparently this was it for a very, very brief moment.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #512
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Yeah, facebook. Apparently this was it for a very, very brief moment.
Which leads to the inevitable "Marvel told him to take it down" conspiracy theories.

I dunno. I'd like to hear first what Vin thinks of Vision as a character, both in the comics and the (alleged) movies. If this *is* a character he really likes and has campaigned for, as some seem to think, then yes, I can see Marvel giving it to him.

But if that turns out to be the case, then that *should* mean we'll soon see Isaiah Mustafa as Luke Cage, or The Rock as Luke Cage, and Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Strange (other actors who've actively campaigned for a specific character within Marvel).

Old 07-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #513
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Lang makes more sense than Pym, especially if Lang is supposed to be the title character in "Ant-Man." (The only script we know of from Edgar Wright's film so far *does* feature Lang as the title character, with Pym being an older Ant-Man from the 1960s who mentors Lang the thief, a la "To Steal an Ant-Man" storyline.)

I'm not sure Vin was trying to reference the Giant-Man picture so much as simply "Avengers #2" in that picture, meaning that's almost certainly the movie he's being cast for. The Vision remark is obvious, especially given his Facebook history with a picture of the synthezoid; but it could also be a playful misdirection.

The only thing I'm certain of now is that he's casting for TA2. In what capacity is anybody's guess. Giant-Man picture notwithstanding, I'm still not sure Edgar Wright will be far enough along in the Ant-Man movie to warrant a cameo from Pym and/or Lang in TA2 (Ant-Man comes out *after* TA2, in case anybody forgot), but it's a real possibility.

And, like Dent said, I'd really hate to see Vision without Ultron, and Ultron without Pym. But who knows.

Somebody else mentioned High Evolutionary, and I could see that, too. I still think Hi-Ev is a possibility to be the big bad in TA2, assembling an army of supervillains ("Masters"....of Evil) to take on Earth's Mightiest.

But I still stand by the Thanos Imperative. All roads lead to Thanos in Phase II. Vin Diesel now finds himself on the main highway.
i doubt that we'd see Vision without Ultron. they might even have Diesel voice both characters.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #514
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
Anyone thinking we'll get the subtitle at Comic-Con?
I was thinking about this earlier today, too. I would imagine that we may in fact get an Avengers subtitle. They certainly know what the story is going to be at this point, so I would think that they'd have a title in mind.

Only reason I can think that we wouldn't get a subtilte at SDCC is if the subtitle they're going with gives more away about the film than they'd feel comfortable with revealing this early...

ゴジラ
Old 07-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #515
MynAmeIsedDie90
Devourer of Worlds

How would you guys react if it went like this:

"The sequel to the Avengers is now officially titled......The Avengers vs. Vin Diesel."

Old 07-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #516
VictusMortuus
Side-Kick

Namor!

Old 07-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #517
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
As someone else mentioned a while back, Whedon is only signed on through A2. There's no way (IMO) that he sets up Thanos as an A3 villain when he's not even going to be around to see his story through. In my mind, Thanos is basically confirmed as the A2 baddie. What we don't know is how the story revolves around him.
I've never seen or heard Whedon say he won't be on for A3. It's probably something like how Nolan was about doing a third Batman if the story is right and calls for it. I'm sure he'll be doing A3 with Downey now signed on for 2 more Avengers movies not just A2 and how Whedon said he wouldn't do Avengers with Downey so I'm sure it's the same the other way around.

Edit: I can see Vin as Wonder Man as a villain for A2. It's perfect if they go the Master's of Evil route that A:EMH took (minus Loki).

Last edited by blalex620; 07-10-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #518
marcvader
Lurker #1

Yes, this would be cool. Wonder Man is one character I can see Diesel doing well.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #519
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

He mentioned Vision AGAIN with the 'tunnel vision' quote, I don't think that's an accident. Possibility of Simon Williams, Action Star too, I guess, if they want the celeb backstory and all in there. But I def think he's Vision.

I'm certain he isn't playing Thanos. I just don't see anyone thinking that's any kind of close match at all. And this is from someone who thinks Vin is a better actor than most of you are giving him credit for. It's not even about skill, it's about appropriate casting. It's just not the right type of role.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-11-2013, 03:48 AM   #520
Crunchwrap
Facing only the Facts

Unless Vin is intentionally throwing his fans off, which I do not think he would do, I think it's obvious that he knows that we fans would take note of his choice of words.

Considering they are already including Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, and may possibly use Falcon (since he really is a prominent Avengers character) I would be surprised if The Vision made it into The Avengers 2.

The Vision wouldn't be included in Cap 2, Thor 2, and is not likely to be in Guardians (there are already 100 new characters to work around).... so there would be too much back story necessary to also include him in Avengers 2... unless they had a pretty dramatic after-credits scene somewhere.

Also, as soon as I heard about his meeting with Marvel, I made this Vin Diesel fan art that I'm actually quite proud of. Also showing a cropped version now that people are seriously considering that he may be The Vision.

(Feedback always appreciated)

Old 07-11-2013, 05:57 AM   #521
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

^Good fanart.
Unfortunately, it also illustrates why Vin Diesel as Vision looks pretty damn awful.

If the Vision theory holds up, I'm certain he/it is going to necessarily be so INO that he'll be unrecognizable from the comics.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:11 AM   #522
Crunchwrap
Facing only the Facts

Quote:
^Good fanart.
Unfortunately, it also illustrates why Vin Diesel as Vision looks pretty damn awful.

If the Vision theory holds up, I'm certain he/it is going to necessarily be so INO that he'll be unrecognizable from the comics.
Agreed. Except for Hawkeye's purple circus tights, the rest of the Avengers had pretty negotiable costumes (although I'm actually surprised how true they stayed with Captain America's final version.)

These newer additions, Falcon/Scarlet/QuickSilver/Vision/Ant-Man had less realistic rubbery rainbow costumes like Hawkeye and will probably get moderned-up. It's not that Vin Diesel would look awful as The Vision.... but The Vision look is hard to work on screen in general.

I'm expecting to see The Vision as a bulky green sentinel, but to make it more "android," will have a humanistic I,robot kind of face. Probably without a cape, but some crazy gear instead. I tried to come up with a somewhat modern/comic balanced version in my fan-art.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #523
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Another thing to consider:

Everyone naturally focuses on the "tunnel VISION" quote....but what if the emphasis is supposed to be "TUNNEL vision?"

Who tunnels?
Ants.
What character is most prominently displayed in the Avengers #2 poster Vin stands in front of?
Hank Pym.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #524
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

So if he's Vision can we automatically assume that Ant-Man has already created Ultron at this point? Maybe Ultron and Vision will be brothers in the MCU? Ant-Man creates both of them, one goes bad and the other good.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #525
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Another thing to consider:

Everyone naturally focuses on the "tunnel VISION" quote....but what if the emphasis is supposed to be "TUNNEL vision?"

Who tunnels?
Ants.
What character is most prominently displayed in the Avengers #2 poster Vin stands in front of?
Hank Pym.
But the thing is, Vin doesn't fit Pym or even Lang at all. No way in hell can I see that happening. I can't see him as Vision either.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Closed Thread