The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #576
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Signs from the new Thor movie that could indicate an involvement of the Infinity Gauntlet
Thor trailer. http://goo.gl/amtIWSome believe that before the universe, there was nothing. They are wrong, there was darkness. And it has survived” My first thought was yaay Galactus the devourer, the only survivor of the Big Bang, sweet! Galactus is known for using his Heralds, one dude that gets an item with the ability to channel power cosmic yada yada yada. Galactus doesnīt fit the profile here at all! No, something else is up! So I remembered (a word I like to use that means using Google) that there was actually 3 other survivors, well let’s just say that Miss Death = possible connection, was one of them. But there is more. There was this super entity except for Death and Eternity (and Galactus) who actually is turned into the infinity gems : http://goo.gl/i90nO

This movie seemed to be more the nine realms kinda deal anyway. Later thanks to the IMDB http://goo.gl/EVRVw it was confirmed since Malekith and Algrim were going to be in the next Thor movie. So the movie is going to be about the nine realms. Remember that when we talk Malekith, we talk Surtur, we talk Surtur we could easily be dealing with someone like Thanos. If Thanos is pulling the Malekith-strings, could Malekith in the trailer, be referring to Miss Death or this Super entity that became the infinity gems?

It is obvious that the war occurs both in Asgard as well as in Midgard. This could mean that mighty Thor is away fighting which renders Odin weaker thus making it possible for Mr Thanos to bust in! Steal the Infinity Gauntlet! And most bodaciously get the hell out, only to collect the last gem in Guardians of the galaxy. We donīt know for sure that the gems will be separated but I don’t really think it is possible that all the gems are in Odinīs treasure vault. I mean if they were and Thanos got them, the Avengers couldnīt stand a chance. If Thanos failed to attack Asgard with Malekith, would the Avengers defend Asgard -> IG against yet another attack, no! I think that thatīs exactly what Marvel realized and therefore officially “released” IG V.2 to the public, making it easy to see that some gems were missing. Skadouch-i-li-do! The scepter, Adam Warlock and the yellow/reality gem will be hunted. And you can bet your bacon that the Avengers will be there to prevent it!

Remember that in the comic books the IG appears on different hands with different color combinations. MCU has chosen to have them in their own way. First of all it is a right handed glove. Second of all the red gem is located on the middlefinger knuckle. We know that the picture of the IG in page 23 from Comic-con 2010 is containing the same IG used in Thor 1 (Thatīs why it was in comic-con) so donīt get decieved by the bad picture from the Thor movie. The last pic of the IG from 2011 arrived when Avengers 1 were set in motion, it missed some gems. The gems of the gauntlet are from left to right starting with the thumb: Yellow, Green, Red, Orange and Purple. This means that if Odin still has the gauntlet itīs only going to contain the red, orange and purple gem. It is possible that the yellow gem (located on the thumb knuckle) is there, it is hard to tell if itīs brightly yellow or just white.

Last edited by Mightyally; 07-13-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #577
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Remember that in the comic books the IG appears on different hands with different color combinations. MCU has chosen to have them in their own way. First of all it is a right handed glove. Second of all the red gem is located on the middlefinger knuckle. We know that the picture of the IG in page 23 from Comic-con 2010 is containing the same IG used in Thor 1 (Thatīs why it was in comic-con) so donīt get decieved by the bad picture from the Thor movie. The last pic of the IG from 2011 arrived when Avengers 1 were set in motion, it missed some gems. The gems of the gauntlet are from left to right starting with the thumb: Yellow, Green, Red, Orange and Purple. This means that if Odin still has the gauntlet itīs only going to contain the red, orange and purple gem. It is possible that the yellow gem (located on the thumb knuckle) is there, it is hard to tell if itīs brightly yellow or just white.
I have yet to see a pic of the IG (from CC or in the movie Thor) where any of the gems were missing.

I'm kind've wondering if everthing in that vault gets raided.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #578
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Yes you have yet to see this amazing picture. Therefore I shall guide you.
Itīs on my previous post in this thread.
Page 23, 3 pictures, Just <- one page and you will see it.

I guess som ppl are comfortable just going to the last page
so I will re-post 1 of these 3 pics.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #579
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Uhhhh looks like every gem is in it's place to me. Do you see any empty circular divots where a gem should be? I sure don't.

6 Gems just like in this picture:

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 07-13-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #580
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Sorry if I offended you that was not my intention.
Please accept my apology.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #581
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Uhhhh looks like every gem is in it's place to me. Do you see any empty circular divots where a gem should be? I sure don't.

6 Gems just like in this picture:

That's what I thought at first, too, but I think he has a point. In the other pictures of the IG in Thor and at SDCC, the Soul Gem (the biggest gem on the back of the hand) is blue (although the comic-book Gauntlet uses a different color scheme, and it *should* be green). However, this pic shows a bright white light where the Soul Gem should be, and I'm pretty sure the lack of depth to it indicates that the "gem" has actually been removed, and we're just seeing the display light inside the prop.

Could be interpreted simply enough as a production error, or that maybe the continuity guys caught the non-canon "goof" and realized that gem should be green instead of blue; and the photo was simply taken when the prop wasn't entirely ready.

Or....the imagery could be intentional and plot-related. i.e.: the IG in the MCU *is* missing its Soul Gem.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #582
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Yes I really hope that we are going to see some IG since Thanos obviously is going to play some role in the upcomming movies. At the moment we only know that he is pulling some strings but who knows!

Lets say that the IG is never going to happen. What do you think Thanos would be up to? The fact remains, he is still there. So heīs gotta share some of his dangerousness

Old 07-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #583
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That's what I thought at first, too, but I think he has a point. In the other pictures of the IG in Thor and at SDCC, the Soul Gem (the biggest gem on the back of the hand) is blue (although the comic-book Gauntlet uses a different color scheme, and it *should* be green). However, this pic shows a bright white light where the Soul Gem should be, and I'm pretty sure the lack of depth to it indicates that the "gem" has actually been removed, and we're just seeing the display light inside the prop.

Could be interpreted simply enough as a production error, or that maybe the continuity guys caught the non-canon "goof" and realized that gem should be green instead of blue; and the photo was simply taken when the prop wasn't entirely ready.

Or....the imagery could be intentional and plot-related. i.e.: the IG in the MCU *is* missing its Soul Gem.
Seems pretty obvious to me it's either a production error (putting the gems in the wrong place), they're not being sticklers for where they belong in the first place, or that lighting coming up from the base of the prop is causing a slight distortion when the picture was taken.

There are no gems missing of the 6 though.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 07-13-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #584
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I think that they might have gathered some powerful artifacts to the Odin collection and that it at the time didnīt matter so much which particular items they took.

Then around 2011 when Wheadon took over the Avengers script and rewrote it completely as I understood it, pls correct me if Iīm wrong here.
I also believe the condition was that it had to be an alien invasion in NY.

But when he wrote his own script I think that the IG became important thus forcing Marvel to remove the blue mind gem and the green soul gem somehow (It was going to be in TA and Guardians of the Galaxy)
thatīs why the picture is posted in 2011 after Wheadon wrote his script and the link between phase 1 and 2 was established.

But one sees what he wants to. Your theory might indeed be correct Rock

Last edited by Mightyally; 07-13-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #585
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
But one sees what he wants to. Your theory might indeed be correct Rock
It's no "theory" ..... It's pretty obvious they're all there, they're just not in the same exact place as in the comics. Is that a necessity though? Every color is accounted for.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #586
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
It's no "theory" ..... It's pretty obvious they're all there, they're just not in the same exact place as in the comics. Is that a necessity though? Every color is accounted for.
Then I will have my faulty belief where I assume some of the gems have been removed, for that is what I see and believe.

I think that the MCU has choosen a right-handed IG with a gem combination that isnīt the same as in the comics where btw the hand type and color combinations also differs.
It is (according to me) therefore little relevance how MCU decides to make their gauntlet as long as they are consistent.

The combination choosen by the MCU has always been the same since day one, or atleast thatīs what I see when I look at different pictures.
It is however impossible to say with absolut certainty.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:55 PM   #587
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I got a "theory" for you guys.

The reasons the gems are like that, and it's a righty IG, is because the Multiverse becomes relevant in the MCU, and this IG is from a parallel universe, a mirror universe, that's why it's righty. :P

It's a picture guys lol, of a prop that hasn't seen any screentime besides a blink and youll miss it moment lol

Old 07-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #588
Cpn America
Newbie First Class

Sorry if Already psoted. If not, thoughts? http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ne-join-584651 http://www.christianpost.com/news/th...railer-100024/

Last edited by Cpn America; 07-14-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #589
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

If it were almost anyone other than Jackman I would sneer but the dude really seems to love this **** and you can't deny it would be huge.

Of course his idea of just splitting the cost three ways doesn't seem very well thought out but hey.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #590
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Yes that would be Awesome! I donīt know if it can happen tho...

Do you think that they would share the cake? Even if Parker and Logan is in the movie
itīs going to be equally as profitable. So why split it up?

I think that they might let Logan be a part of this movie since Scarlet and Quick are already going to participate. If we are lucky spidey gets to join in the third movie.

But Iīm just guessing

Old 07-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #591
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I don't want Spider-Man or Wolverine in The Avengers, I'd rather have more members we haven't already seen on the big screen.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #592
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

maybe for avengers 3, but not sooner

Old 07-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #593
SilentWarriorZ
men of bats

I hope The gems may be real and not fake like mandarins ten rings

Old 07-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #594
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWarriorZ View Post
I hope The gems may be real and not fake like mandarins ten rings
Yes, as do I!
Lol Iīm actually reading some about the rings now

Old 07-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #595
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Then I will have my faulty belief where I assume some of the gems have been removed, for that is what I see and believe.

I think that the MCU has choosen a right-handed IG with a gem combination that isnīt the same as in the comics where btw the hand type and color combinations also differs.
It is (according to me) therefore little relevance how MCU decides to make their gauntlet as long as they are consistent.

The combination choosen by the MCU has always been the same since day one, or atleast thatīs what I see when I look at different pictures.
It is however impossible to say with absolut certainty.
What does it matter what hand the IG goes on or if the gems are in different places on the hand?

None of the gems are removed in any of your pictures, yet you persist.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #596
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

It doesn't look to me as if any Gems are removed. IMO I doubt the Gauntlet in Odin's possession will stick. It was a literally blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo that can be overwritten. The Gauntlet itself isn't the artefact; the Gems were individually collected by Thanos and placed on his right glove which created it. It's much more interesting to create a storyline spanning years and several different movies about the search for the Gems than Thanos walking into a small cramped underground vault and taking a glove.

Plus, Marvel won't want Thanos to get the IG for a few years. If they keep the IG-in-Asgard plot, he should logically go get it in Thor 2. Why wait all that time otherwise?

Old 07-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #597
Cpn America
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
I don't want Spider-Man or Wolverine in The Avengers, I'd rather have more members we haven't already seen on the big screen.
True. But it would be cool to see the 6 biggest superheores (Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Spiderman, and Wolverine) standing side by side. The box office would explode.

Last edited by Cpn America; 07-14-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #598
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
It doesn't look to me as if any Gems are removed. IMO I doubt the Gauntlet in Odin's possession will stick. It was a literally blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo that can be overwritten. The Gauntlet itself isn't the artefact; the Gems were individually collected by Thanos and placed on his right glove which created it. It's much more interesting to create a storyline spanning years and several different movies about the search for the Gems than Thanos walking into a small cramped underground vault and taking a glove.
In my opinion his former glove, that was taken from Odin.
A glove which his extremely pale and right hand was missing in TA.

Well yes ofc it can be overwritten that was the point... They didnīt know at the time that it was going to be used.
They just gathered some powerful Odin related artifacts for the movie.
Thats how the Gauntlet was there, it was just a cool artifact shown in CC 2010, no bigger deal than that.

Quote:
What does it matter what hand the IG goes on or if the gems are in different places on the hand?

None of the gems are removed in any of your pictures, yet you persist.
How can you deny that the third offical picture released on Marvels webpage in 2011 after Wheadon rewrote the entire Avengers scrip
doesnīt lack the very gems likely to be in TA and GoTG? The blue mind and the green soul gems?

Quote:
Plus, Marvel won't want Thanos to get the IG for a few years. If they keep the IG-in-Asgard plot, he should logically go get it in Thor 2. Why wait all that time otherwise?
Yes I believe they are going for it in TDW. Iīm not sure what you mean with wait all that time?

Last edited by Mightyally; 07-14-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #599
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyally View Post
how can you deny that the third offical picture released on marvels webpage in 2011 after wheadon rewrote the entire avengers scrip
doesnīt lack the very gems likely to be in ta and gotg? The blue mind and the green soul gems?
All the gems are in that picture!!!!!!!!

Old 07-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #600
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:

I get your point, but there are simply too many storylines that they inevitably want to cover and trying to play out the whole IG saga as it was in the comics isn't very likely. Remember cinema is a whole different medium.

Closed Thread