The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #601
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 3,463
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Yes I believe they are going for it in TDW. Iīm not sure what you mean with wait all that time?
I worded it poorly - what I meant was that it's incredibly likely we'll see some adaptation of the IG storyline down the road but not in A2. If, like you said, Thanos gets the Gauntlet in TDW that would pretty much force them to do the story in A2 because then you're sitting on this cosmic terrorist with the most powerful weapon in existence for five years or so. If they changed it so that Thanos was searching for the Gems that allows them to draw it out through multiple movies and take their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I get your point, but there are simply too many storylines that they inevitably want to cover and trying to play out the whole IG saga as it was in the comics isn't very likely. Remember cinema is a whole different medium.
Oh, I know it won't be a straight adaptation. It gives off a very LOTR-vibe to me which I would love to see in a movie, as in all the heroes banding together to stop a seemingly unstoppable force. All the stuff with Nebula can be scrapped.

What I mean is, say Loki's scepter does have the Mind Gem in it. One down. Then we get the Soul Gem in GOTG. Two down. Throw in another in A2, that's three. By then the audience will be aware of Thanos's presence in the MCU and how he's tracking down these little powerful gems that EVERYBODY wants. Then there's just three left which can be hidden throughout Phase III. By the time 2018 rolls around, Thanos will have completed the Gauntlet.

__________________
Twitter: @Jasper_CH

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #602
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,178
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Seems pretty obvious to me it's either a production error (putting the gems in the wrong place), they're not being sticklers for where they belong in the first place, or that lighting coming up from the base of the prop is causing a slight distortion when the picture was taken.

There are no gems missing of the 6 though.
The only logical explanation for you certainty that all gems are there, seem to be that you would be able to somehow see into the holes thus exposing the darker material inside.
But there is no indication of that, I agree.

To think itīs some kinds of illusions/distortion making us see white when we should see a color is in my world not likely at all.
But how do you “know” that the gems are there? If they wanted us to see the gems,
they wouldnīt have photoshopped away the color or replaced the actual blue gem with a transparent/white one so that the inside of the glove wouldnīt be seen.
That makes no sense.

It is even possible that the light from within would actually take care of the edges. You donīt know the design or the construction of the glove,
you donīt even know if it(the pic) is processed in computer software. They could have modified the picture by expanding the white color to properly cover the dark edges of the hole.

You also talk about a production error, the gems are accidently put in the wrong place, this I donīt understand since all 3 picture are consistent.
They all have the same color combination. Youīre giving 2 reasons 1 they arenīt sticklers, 2 itīs an error. Both are according to me very unlikely.

And 2 other in this thread thinks it possible so perhaps there isnīt any reason to use a facepalm picture in order to enlighten what you regard as stupidity,
if that wasnīt intended by using the pictures I apologize, thatīs FYI what I percept it as.

Mightyally is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #603
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,178
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post


Oh, I know it won't be a straight adaptation. It gives off a very LOTR-vibe to me which I would love to see in a movie, as in all the heroes banding together to stop a seemingly unstoppable force. All the stuff with Nebula can be scrapped.

What I mean is, say Loki's scepter does have the Mind Gem in it. One down. Then we get the Soul Gem in GOTG. Two down. Throw in another in A2, that's three. By then the audience will be aware of Thanos's presence in the MCU and how he's tracking down these little powerful gems that EVERYBODY wants. Then there's just three left which can be hidden throughout Phase III. By the time 2018 rolls around, Thanos will have completed the Gauntlet.
I would love that! So maybe Odin only has 1 gem which is lost in TDW, which gives us a reason for why he even has an IG, he has a gem (also meaning that some gems located in the glove arenīt real)
Or perhaps he only had the blue which looki stole or something and TDW wonīt have any impact on the IG in the vault.
They could swing it both ways or in others but I think Odin must be in possesion of atleast 1 gem.


Last edited by Mightyally; 07-14-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Mightyally is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #604
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,748
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
The only logical explanation for you certainty that all gems are there, seem to be that you would be able to somehow see into the holes thus exposing the darker material inside.
But there is no indication of that, I agree.

To think itīs some kinds of illusions/distortion making us see white when we should see a color is in my world not likely at all.
But how do you “know” that the gems are there? If they wanted us to see the gems,
they wouldnīt have photoshopped away the color or replaced the actual blue gem with a transparent/white one so that the inside of the glove wouldnīt be seen.
That makes no sense.

It is even possible that the light from within would actually take care of the edges. You donīt know the design or the construction of the glove,
you donīt even know if it(the pic) is processed in computer software. They could have modified the picture by expanding the white color to properly cover the dark edges of the hole.

You also talk about a production error, the gems are accidently put in the wrong place, this I donīt understand since all 3 picture are consistent.
They all have the same color combination. Youīre giving 2 reasons 1 they arenīt sticklers, 2 itīs an error. Both are according to me very unlikely.

And 2 other in this thread thinks it possible so perhaps there isnīt any reason to use a facepalm picture in order to enlighten what you regard as stupidity,
if that wasnīt intended by using the pictures I apologize, thatīs FYI what I percept it as.
Give it a rest already.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #605
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,178
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

I have tried being nice to this guy okey?
He is like an stalking attacker that publicly keeps posting comments
to prove me wrong in everything I say. When I act nice and suggests that he might be right and what I say might indeed be faulty,
this guy sweeps in for a second attack like the claws of an backstabbing eagle that ripps the very fabric of the letīs-agree-to-disagree universe to shreds.

So no Iīm not giving it a rest. I should be able to discuss and have theories without having someone
constantly mocking them as well as me.

Mightyally is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #606
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,748
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
I have tried being nice to this guy okey?
He is like an stalking attacker that publicly keeps posting comments
to prove me wrong in everything I say. When I act nice and suggests that he might be right and what I say might indeed be faulty,
this guy sweeps in for a second attack like the claws of an backstabbing eagle that ripps the very fabric of the letīs-agree-to-disagree universe to shreds.

So no Iīm not giving it a rest. I should be able to discuss and have theories without having someone
constantly mocking them as well as me.
He wasn't being a stalker. He responds to a lot of people and you just happen to be one that's been posting a lot lately. And none of his posts were mean or attacking you personally. He was just saying the glove has all the gems in it and likely just arranged differently in the photos you posted. Personally, I think he proved you were wrong in saying there are missing gems and nitpicking about the glove possibly being the wrong handedness is just being a fanboy at its finest.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #607
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
He wasn't being a stalker. He responds to a lot of people and you just happen to be one that's been posting a lot lately. And none of his posts were mean or attacking you personally. He was just saying the glove has all the gems in it and likely just arranged differently in the photos you posted. Personally, I think he proved you were wrong in saying there are missing gems and nitpicking about the glove possibly being the wrong handedness is just being a fanboy at its finest.
Exactly.

There comes a point when it's no longer simple speculation, instead it evolves into a stubborn form of fan fiction.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #608
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,593
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
All the gems are in that picture!!!!!!!!

No. No, they aren't.
The picture of the Gauntlet in the Thor movie and in the SDCC display clearly show the Soul Gem is a big BLUE gem. The photo in the other pic shows a big WHITE gem. Or more to the point: a big white backlit *opening* where, say, a big blue gem would normally sit.

Either they decided that they liked a white gem in that picture instead of blue for whatever aesthetic reason, or the gem is removed.

It's a legitimate observation. And an accurate one.
The only question is whether it's simply a production accident or a story-related plot point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
I worded it poorly - what I meant was that it's incredibly likely we'll see some adaptation of the IG storyline down the road but not in A2. If, like you said, Thanos gets the Gauntlet in TDW that would pretty much force them to do the story in A2 because then you're sitting on this cosmic terrorist with the most powerful weapon in existence for five years or so. If they changed it so that Thanos was searching for the Gems that allows them to draw it out through multiple movies and take their time.
I'm pretty positive Thanos is going after the Gauntlet in TDW. Even if it's by proxy, through his mercenaries or whomever.

I'm not at all positive he'll succeed in his burglary, though.

I think the whole Marauder invasion is a ruse to distract Odin and Thor from guarding the Treasury, and that's when Thanos (or his underlings) makes his move. He may well fail, however. In any event, Odin will get wise to the scheme by the end of the movie, and will necessarily need to protect and/or move the Gauntlet somewhere else. Thanos may not get to see if the glove still fits until TA2 or later.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now  
Old 07-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #609
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
No. No, they aren't.
The picture of the Gauntlet in the Thor movie and in the SDCC display clearly show the Soul Gem is a big BLUE gem. The photo in the other pic shows a big WHITE gem. Or more to the point: a big white backlit *opening* where, say, a big blue gem would normally sit.

Either they decided that they liked a white gem in that picture instead of blue for whatever aesthetic reason, or the gem is removed.

It's a legitimate observation. And an accurate one.
The only question is whether it's simply a production accident or a story-related plot point.
They liked a white gem for asthetic reason? See that is an example of where you're just avoiding the obvious reason with extreme outlier possibilities. If the gem was missing from the area of the IG being discussed, you would not see light irridescently shining through and illuminating like it does with gems. We would see the contours inside of the other end of the metal of the glove.

So it is most definitely NOT a legitimate observation. It's a terrible picture to begin with because of the natural glare created by the soft white light into whatever camera took that photo.

Furthermore, if the mind gem had been used in the sceptor, wouldn't you think there'd be discussion between The Other and Thanos at the end of The Avengers? Wouldn't it have been more than "To challenge them is to court death", but also "They now have in their posession the mind gem"???? I mean after all, it's an extremely important piece of the macguffin. Also ..... correct me if i'm wrong, but the mind gem isn't known for shooting bursts of energy like we saw. The movie openly tells us the sceptor is powered by the cube.


Last edited by Rock Sexton; 07-14-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #610
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,178
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
They liked a white gem for asthetic reason? See that is an example of where you're just avoiding the obvious reason with extreme outlier possibilities. If the gem was missing from the area of the IG being discussed, you would not see light irridescently shining through and illuminating like it does with gems. We would see the contours inside of the other end of the metal of the glove.
So it is most definitely NOT a legitimate observation. It's a terrible picture to begin with because of the natural glare created by the soft white light into whatever camera took that photo.
Furthermore, if the mind gem had been used in the sceptor, wouldn't you think there'd be discussion between The Other and Thanos at the end of The Avengers? Wouldn't it have been more than "To challenge them is to court death", but also "They now have in their posession the mind gem"???? I mean after all, it's an extremely important piece of the macguffin. Also ..... correct me if i'm wrong, but the mind gem isn't known for shooting bursts of energy like we saw. The movie openly tells us the sceptor is powered by the cube.
Okey
1. He says that:
A) They placed a white gem there since we canīt see the material inside the IG.
B) They removed the gem.

But the point is that Cherokeessam regards B) to be the reason. Statement A is put in a way indicates that he wouldnīt understand why it would be true, eventho he admits itīs possible.

2. You judge his way of showing us B) is right. His way is to show an alternative thatīs not likely and you take that against him.
Therefore I don’t see you statement about avoiding the obvious reason with extreme outlier possibilities to be correct.

Actually you are the one who lean towards this. You acknowledge that the blue gem is there yet there is not color leaving 4 options of which only the last is most likely,
eventho itīs nowhere near as likely as Statement B) which could be considered as option 5 here.

1. Photoshopp
2. Great construction and lightning that prevents us from seing the material inside.
3. Illusion.
4. An asthethical white gem.

“If the gem was missing from the area of the IG being discussed, you would not see light irridescently shining through and illuminating like it does with gems.
We would see the contours inside of the other end of the metal of the glove.” This you say.

As I mentioned, the only way to not see the contours inside the material is by one of the given 5 reasons.

Therefore I think your statement about it being a non-legitimate observation is not legitimate itself.

As for what you said about the scepter and all that, come on. There are many arguments for why it is the scepter. Mind control, blue, powerful, Thanos is in the movie,
an alien race that has handled cosmic cube finds a way to use their tech (the scepter) to connect with a cosmic cube, when they fought in the lab the scepter was at work and so on.

But it can shot blue energy when itīs used with highly advanced alien tech and that makes it unbelievable?


Last edited by Mightyally; 07-14-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Mightyally is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #611
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,915
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

While I do think the Gauntlet will be involved with Thanos in A2...ain't no way that's a missing gem on his hand. This is starting to sound like the "it's metal covering the red!" people on the Cap boards.

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #612
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,178
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
While I do think the Gauntlet will be involved with Thanos in A2...ain't no way that's a missing gem on his hand. This is starting to sound like the "it's metal covering the red!" people on the Cap boards.
Hehe okey I think itīs good that we are honest and say what we think!
But sometimes the things one talk about is really nothing to be so stubbern about.

Please humor me, why doesnīt the missing theory stand a snowballs chance if you only judge the theory from the actual picture?

Mightyally is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #613
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Okey
1. He says that:
A) They placed a white gem there since we canīt see the material inside the IG.
B) They removed the gem.
But the point is that Cherokeessam regards B) to be the reason. Statement A is put in a way indicates that he wouldnīt understand why it would be true, eventho he admits itīs possible.

2. You judge his way of showing us B) is right. His way is to show an alternative thatīs not likely and you take that against him.
Therefore I don’t see you statement about avoiding the obvious reason with extreme outlier possibilities to be correct.
Why would they place a white gem there? That makes no sense! If they wanted us to "psssssst take a hint" they would have no gem there, forcing us to deduce that Loki used it in the scepter. It's the same principle as seeing Thano's bare hand in the mid-credit sequence.

Quote:
Actually you are the one who lean towards this. You acknowledge that the blue gem is there yet there is not color leaving 4 options of which only the last is most likely,
eventho itīs nowhere near as likely as Statement B) which could be considered as option 5 here.

1. Photoshopp
2. Great construction and lightning that prevents us from seing the material inside.
3. Illusion.
4. An asthethical white gem.

“If the gem was missing from the area of the IG being discussed, you would not see light irridescently shining through and illuminating like it does with gems.
We would see the contours inside of the other end of the metal of the glove.” This you say.

As I mentioned, the only way to not see the contours inside the material is by one of the given 5 reasons.

Therefore I think your statement about it being a non-legitimate observation is not legitimate itself.
C'mon .... illusion and photoshop? Again extreme outlier possibilities when the much simpler explanation is lighting, which is blatantly coming up from the bottom of the prop. Aside from the picture which you keep stubbornly dissecting, all of the others feature all of the gems. In fact the picture in question is from the set of Thor (look at the wall markings), it was released in 2011 in the Art of Thor book though, as opposed to when we saw the first glimpse of the IG at the 2010 Comic Con. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh and btw, the interview Kevin Feige gave when a man walked behind him with the IG prop DISTINCTLY shows the blue gem in place.

These two pics you can clearly see the same light coming up from the bottom .....



Quote:
As for what you said about the scepter and all that, come on. There are many arguments for why it is the scepter. Mind control, blue, powerful, Thanos is in the movie,
an alien race that has handled cosmic cube finds a way to use their tech (the scepter) to connect with a cosmic cube, when they fought in the lab the scepter was at work and so on.

But it can shot blue energy when itīs used with highly advanced alien tech and that makes it unbelievable?
Again, you're inserting your own fanboy fan fiction in creating "reasons" that are literally verbally explained to you in the movie. Nick Fury, "I dunno about all that, but it's definitely powered by the cube." It's lazy, but that's how they went about it because it's not essential to have an extensive backstory explained.


Last edited by Rock Sexton; 07-14-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #614
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Also, look at the color of various element of these other stored relics ..... there's distortion of their true appearance because of "lighting". Look at the Orb of Agamatto and Warlock's Eye for God sakes.



Last edited by Rock Sexton; 07-14-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #615
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

In an even better, clearer shot of the Vault ............ oh em gee itz blooo!


Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #616
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 19,200
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Yeah this one kind of gives the illusion that maybe the light is just spilling through an empty socket but you can def spot a bluish hue around the edges. The gem is there, just not as noticeable as the others which are at more of an angle and give a better view of the actual gems.


__________________

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #617
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,178
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

1. I have always said that they are in fact the same IG. Thx for showing us that, I appreciate that you visualized it.
The only difference is that they removed 2 gems after Thor 1 took place and Wheadon drastically re-wrote the Avenger script.
Wheadon made the IG important after the Thor Movie but before the Avenger movie. That is why they released the picture that misses 2 gems in 2011.
But enough about that, you already know this is what I think.

2. If they wanted us to see it was gone, they would have let us seen the contours clearly.
That would have given us confirmation, yes. I agree with this argument.

(That is of course if they thought a lot of people would analyze the picture.)

But that argument can be used with and against you. For I could say
If they wanted us to see it wasnīt gone, then why not make the blue gem show at least some of its bluishness?
Why make it white where itīs supposed to be blue?

Of course your answer is that they made the lighting in that way and how the lightning renders the blue and green gem white,
isnīt planned itīs just a coincidence/“side effect” that came from a method that was used to very efficiently light up the artifacts,
making us see them better and perhaps also cooler. But why would that lightning make us distinguish a bright yellow color on the thumb knuckle and not blue or a green light on their respective gem slot?
Yellow has properties that makes it more likely to be white than blue and even green.

I give you that the lighting is in fact strong enough to make colors brighter, maybe even so bright that they seem to be white.
But as you said all 3 IG/pictures are in fact the same ones, all right-handed with the same color combination. Itīs just that I believe that they to miss 2 gems and you don’t.
Then I ask you this: Isnīt it strange that the IG in Thor 1 is light green on the picture if they are all the same? Wouldnīt it be white according to your theory.









And as for seeing dark hue on the edges. That could be due to the dark metallic appearence inside or because of darker colors
such as orange, red and purple are comming together. When you zoom too much you canīt just pic a pixel and tell if itīs actually blue/green or just slightly dark


Last edited by Mightyally; 07-14-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Mightyally is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #618
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,031
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

All it is is speculation. Enough. Sure it's possible. Sure maybe the soul gem may be the most relevant, but let it go. It's still just speculation, of a claim that has no basis, aside from different perception, to me, there is no white gem in that picture, you can see each "white opening" has a different color outline, it's the angle and such. Let it go

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #619
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,915
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

My god...we've resorted to pixels...

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #620
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,031
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
My god...we've resorted to pixels...
Yeah, I am probably gunna block his posts, he hasn't talked about ANYTHING different from this, a theory that has no evidence.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #621
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 19,200
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

**** it, I'm out. Someone call me when this thread becomes interesting again.

__________________

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 01:33 AM   #622
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches
 
Spider-Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 12,232
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Yo, I think see Venom in the reflection of the gems

__________________
"Okay...This looks bad."
Spider-Vader is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 02:57 AM   #623
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,294
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Vader.......bwhahahaha........

EASY peeps we get it, there's something wrong with the Gauntlet, do we REALLY need to go on about it? We do NOT know the thing will even BE in A2, it MIGHT be in Thor Dark World tho. Remember, there was some HINT Loki was to make a deal about the IG?

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"



Last edited by Vartha; 07-15-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Vartha is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #624
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,593
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

I don't see why it's not a legitimate avenue of discussion, or any more "abused" than the Maximoffs in X-Men vs. Avengers debates, or the roster debates, or the villain debates, or any of the other debates that go on for pages and pages.

How about we do this, and do this for *all* subjects of debate (just like we've all been doing in every thread and every post and every forum from the very beginning....): those who find the debate interesting, participate. Those who *don't* find the debate interesting, abstain, and offer other subjects to discuss. But *don't* tell people they can't discuss something just because you personally find it boring or maddening.

Thanos and the IG are always an interesting discussion to me, personally, so I welcome the discussion. And back *on* that discussion : I definitely do not buy into the Mind Gem powering the Spear theory. It was definitively stated that the CUBE powered the Spear, not a Gem. But I still maintain that different photos showing a blue gem or a white gem (or opening) on the IG create a reasonable enough amount of credibility to a "missing Gem" theory.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now  
Old 07-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #625
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 9,376
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

It does suck to scroll through pages and pages of long winded repetitive and circular posts though.

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.