The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #151
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

I don't want the Ultimate look, or rather not just the black leather. I'd like for Quicksilver to have more blue or green in his costume and Scarlet Witch to have more red.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #152
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Their costumes will likely depend on their origins. We still don't know what they'll be.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #153
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I doubt Wanda will be THAT powerful, I feel it will stay Hulk and Thor. Wanda's powers are a joke anyway, she's a walking plot device...literally

Old 06-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #154
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

I think we can stop pretending that Cap (in the movies OR the comics) is merely a "peak human". Hes clearly superhuman as far as strength, leaping ability, reflexes go. Just not at the level of other powered characters. He does stuff that even Olympic athletes could never do. okay nitpick/rant over.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 06-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #155
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
I think we can stop pretending that Cap (in the movies OR the comics) is merely a "peak human". Hes clearly superhuman as far as strength, leaping ability, reflexes go. Just not at the level of other powered characters. He does stuff that even Olympic athletes could never do. okay nitpick/rant over.
That's probably fair to say. What I meant to say is that compared to Hulk, Thor, and then several steps down Iron Man in the suit, he can be hurt easier than those three. He certainly struggled more against Loki than the other three did, but as you say his fighting skills are based on superior reflexes and athletic skills.

There's obviously something superhuman about him, as he can't get drunk and he has enhanced cell regeneration, from staying frozen for all that time.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #156
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Very true.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #157
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I doubt Wanda will be THAT powerful, I feel it will stay Hulk and Thor. Wanda's powers are a joke anyway, she's a walking plot device...literally
I can understand that thought, especially the way it's been used by some writers. However what I love about Marvel's female heroes are their strengths are far more than just brute strength ala, Wonder Woman.

Weather it's Wanda, or Jean Grey, or Sue Storm, and to a lesser extent Ms. Marvel, they all have powers that could stop just about any other Marvel hero.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #158
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Speaking of Ms. Marvel, I'm thinking one of the two spots announced by Disney for 2016 and 17 has to be her movie. They need a female superhero movie in a bad way.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #159
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Interesting article from Joblo, with their source reporting on CATWS, GOTG, and TA2. In particular, there's this:

Quote:
First up, is some news on Disney and Marvel’s slate, starting with CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER, which our source says is pretty much a sequel to THE AVENGERS and plays the biggest role in leading into THE AVENGERS 2.
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/excl...osaur-and-more

So, if CATWS is "a sequel to TA1" and the main lead-in movie to TA2, looks like we can focus our speculation on the villain(s) and storyline a little more to be in line with whatever CATWS delivers. From all reports so far on CATWS, looks like HYDRA are the main bad guys. Does that mean they carry over to TA2? Could the Maximoff Twins be part of HYDRA as well? Is the HYDRA conspiracy even deeper, with maybe Skrull infiltration in the ranks?

I dunno....just doesn't seem to me that Joss would go from Loki and the Chitauri Invasion in TA1 to "Hail HYDRA" in TA2.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #160
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Interesting article from Joblo, with their source reporting on CATWS, GOTG, and TA2. In particular, there's this:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/excl...osaur-and-more

So, if CATWS is "a sequel to TA1" and the main lead-in movie to TA2, looks like we can focus our speculation on the villain(s) and storyline a little more to be in line with whatever CATWS delivers. From all reports so far on CATWS, looks like HYDRA are the main bad guys. Does that mean they carry over to TA2? Could the Maximoff Twins be part of HYDRA as well? Is the HYDRA conspiracy even deeper, with maybe Skrull infiltration in the ranks?

I dunno....just doesn't seem to me that Joss would go from Loki and the Chitauri Invasion in TA1 to "Hail HYDRA" in TA2.
Lol this, and what was said about gotg, more and more fall into line.. I'm not even gunna bring it up, cause I will still be ridiculed, .but it's gunna be great. Phase 2 is going to be great, but I am in Thor mode right now.. I think some sort of secret invasion type thing could maybe be what's going on...I mean, maybe Thanos' secret invasion, if they have it in the movies like it is in the comics, where earth is off limmits, thanos coulda found a loophole to infiltrate still..maybe that's the deal with fury, which is why he's on the run, and a conspiracy, and the confusion can cause a bit of civil war? so we get some sort of secret invasion/civil war type thing going on for most of avengers 2, until THE threat happens, most likely thanos, leading into phase 3?

Old 06-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #161
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I can understand that thought, especially the way it's been used by some writers. However what I love about Marvel's female heroes are their strengths are far more than just brute strength ala, Wonder Woman.

Weather it's Wanda, or Jean Grey, or Sue Storm, and to a lesser extent Ms. Marvel, they all have powers that could stop just about any other Marvel hero.
They're all awesome too! Although I like WW. Need more female superheroes!

Old 06-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #162
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Joss said bigger doesn't mean better. So him going from alien invasion to HYDRA (I doubt they will be the villains but w/e) isn't incomprehensible.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #163
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Joss said bigger doesn't mean better. So him going from alien invasion to HYDRA (I doubt they will be the villains but w/e) isn't incomprehensible.
I'm still onboard with that Breakout scenario type thing mized with a secret invasion

Old 06-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #164
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I'm still onboard with that Breakout scenario type thing mized with a secret invasion

I dunno....might be a bit early in the MCU's lifespan to launch a supervillain prison break. At this point, there's not enough of a demand (that we know of) for such a prison....about the only villains we know who are imprisoned in the MCU are Abomination, possibly Arnim Zola (unless he escaped SSR/SHIELD custody sometime in the past), Justin Hammer and Trevor Slattery. (And those last two hardly require special cells.)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #165
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
My idea for the villains is a psuedo-Masters of Evil team with Killian and AIM, Pierce (Red Skull?) and HYDRA, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and Korvac (I want Korvac )

So you guys might not be that far off

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I dunno....might be a bit early in the MCU's lifespan to launch a supervillain prison break. At this point, there's not enough of a demand (that we know of) for such a prison....about the only villains we know who are imprisoned in the MCU are Abomination, possibly Arnim Zola (unless he escaped SSR/SHIELD custody sometime in the past), Justin Hammer and Trevor Slattery. (And those last two hardly require special cells.)
The superheroes and SHIELD will most likely have been catching other, smaller villains in the time between movies (which will be showcased in Agents of SHIELD), so the prisoner list could be quite long. If there'll be an army in the movie that's different to the Chitauri I'd love to see an army of smaller villains. Living Laser, Graviton etc etc

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."

Last edited by Hyde; 06-20-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #166
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I wouldn't call Living Laser and Graviton small villains, they're both pretty powerful.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #167
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I meant in the sense of their popularity, Graviton yeah is too powerful but he was just an example lol. I guess someone like Batroc

Quote:
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 06-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #168
marcvader
Lurker #1

I'd love an opening credits montage showing our heroes in all kinds of situations like capturing lesser known villains, helping victims during natural disasters, being presented with civic awards, stuff like that.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #169
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

That would be so awesome!

Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #170
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Speaking of Ms. Marvel, I'm thinking one of the two spots announced by Disney for 2016 and 17 has to be her movie. They need a female superhero movie in a bad way.
One can hope.
I'd really like to see her soon.
And yes, super estrogen is needed in the MCU. We only have Natasha so far.

Marvel needs to start releasing more movies per year. 2 doesn't cut it for me anymore

Old 06-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #171
Donut
Side-Kick

I'd want a Black Widow movie with Scarlett. But by the time they do one. The original cast will probably be recast

Old 06-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #172
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Robert Downey Jr. To Return As Marvel’s Iron Man

Quote:
“I am Iron Man.”

Tony Stark’s famous closing line to the very first Iron Man film takes on new life today as Marvel is pleased to announce the signing of Robert Downey, Jr. to reprise the role of the “billionaire, genius, playboy, philanthropist.”

Under the two-picture agreement, Downey will star as Tony Stark/Iron Man in “Marvel’s The Avengers 2” and “Marvel’s The Avengers 3.” Downey is represented at CAA by Bryan Lourd, Jim Toth and Matt Leaf and by his attorneys Tom Hansen and Stewart Brookman of the firm Hansen Jacobson.

Downey, Jr.’s last two Marvel films, 2012’s “Marvel’s The Avengers” and this year’s “Iron Man 3,” rank as two of the top five grossing films of all time, collectively earning over $2.7 billion worldwide to date.

“Marvel’s The Avengers 2” is being written and directed by Joss Whedon. Featuring favorites from the first Avengers film and new Marvel characters never before seen on the big screen, “Marvel’s The Avengers 2” is slated to begin production in March 2014 and open in theaters May 1, 2015.

Thrilled by this mega announcement, Marvelites? Well, be sure you stay glued to Marvel.com because in the coming days and weeks and months, Marvel.com will be FIRST in the world to reveal additional casting updates, new characters coming to Marvel movies and so much more -- directly from the most secret meetings at Marvel! You wouldn't want to miss out on that now, would you?!
http://marvel.com/news/story/20786/r...rvels_iron_man

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 06-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #173
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I'll take "Things We All Knew Would Happen" for a thousand, Alex.

But, yay! Confirmation!

Old 06-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #174
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Robert Downey Jr. To Return As Marvel’s Iron Man

http://marvel.com/news/story/20786/r...rvels_iron_man
EXCELLENT!!!!!

Old 06-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #175
Vartha