The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 11-09-2014, 11:04 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 33

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:04 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 32

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:04 PM   #3
DrDoom
Dictator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siphonalumdar
They look like dancing puppets moving hands up and down. And jumping about on wires and moving their hands in psychotic waving motions trying to fight enemies. It's a really silly way to make a film. Where are the enemies they are supposed to fight? Where are the robots that were supposed to be built for the film running in to attack them.

I under stand that effects produced from computer animation are becoming a hot item but seriously, Practical effects would have done some good. They just look so silly, especially the Teenage Scarlet Witch... at least she looks like Goth Queen. Have people running at them and attacking them then remove those people with the computer and then put in Robots. Ideally robots should have been built to attack them. Computer effects on Robots just looks really bad in whole spectrum of overall animatics.

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:07 PM   #4
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - - Part 34

Ya I always said they should have hired real aliens in the first movie too.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:33 PM   #5
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - - Part 34

Totally. The flying ships should've been real as well. Put that budget to good use.

And I cannot believe they didn't actually create a working Ultron robot army for this film. Unbelievable. There's way too much reliance on CG these days.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, TMNT- 7.5/10, Maze Runner- 8/10, Expendables 3- 7/10, Interstellar-9/10, Big Hero 6- 8.5/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:40 PM   #6
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Old 11-10-2014, 12:04 AM   #7
ElectroFlare
Mightiest Mortal

Wait, they didn't how aliens in the first movie? I could have sworn I saw that casting call in the paper.

Just like they actually shot Chris Evans up with super-steroids for his movies. And put actual shrapnel in Robert Downey Jr's chest. Method acting at it's finest.

Gut instinct predictions-Ben Affleck will rock as Batman. DoFP will bomb. Guardians of the Galaxy will be great. Winter Soldier will be the best of Phase 2. Age of Ultron will under-achieve. Feel free to call me out if I'm wrong.
Oooga-chaka Oooga-chaka
ElectroFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:49 AM   #8
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

And lets not forget how Chris Hemsworth would always stay in character when not filming. He was always throwing down drinks when he was finished with them, always demanding another!

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, TMNT- 7.5/10, Maze Runner- 8/10, Expendables 3- 7/10, Interstellar-9/10, Big Hero 6- 8.5/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:31 AM   #9
Kane52630
Nightcall User

Beautiful isn't it?

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/829...-two-kane52630

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:44 AM   #10
Gusto
Side-Kick

Throw Ant-Man up there plz

Gusto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:44 AM   #11
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
Throw Ant-Man up there plz

If people start throwing up Ant-Man, I'm outta here.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #12
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siphonalumdar View Post
They look like dancing puppets moving hands up and down. And jumping about on wires and moving their hands in psychotic waving motions trying to fight enemies. It's a really silly way to make a film. Where are the enemies they are supposed to fight? Where are the robots that were supposed to be built for the film running in to attack them.

I under stand that effects produced from computer animation are becoming a hot item but seriously, Practical effects would have done some good. They just look so silly, especially the Teenage Scarlet Witch... at least she looks like Goth Queen. Have people running at them and attacking them then remove those people with the computer and then put in Robots. Ideally robots should have been built to attack them. Computer effects on Robots just looks really bad in whole spectrum of overall animatics.

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:39 AM   #13
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Ummm There are people in mocap suits standing in for Ultron drones in many BTS shots too btw....

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #14
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Well, this thread....

Saw the leaked BTS footage. There aren't enough adjectives to describe the fierceness of Scarlet Witch. I have a ginormous crush on her.

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #15
marcvader
Lurker #1

Siphonalumdar, stay special. We need more posts like yours. It's been a rather ordinary SHH board lately so keep up the good work.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #16
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

This thing is already up to 35 huh? I can't even imagine how far the ones for both of the IW will get up to considering they already have their own threads

ps4 psn: djKiddVicious
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #17
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

@ Siphonalumdar

flesh CGI models are the ones that look bad metal CGI models are the easiest to do.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #18
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

But actual AI would be much more accurate. Everyone knows this.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #19
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
But actual AI would be much more accurate. Everyone knows this.
You would think with the budget they have they could have at least advanced robotics and AI by 20-30 years in order so the actors don't have to look stupid swinging around at nothing.

1) The Avengers 2) The Dark Knight 3) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4) Guardians of the Galaxy 5) Iron Man 6) Batman Begins 7) X-men 2 8) Spiderman 2 9) Superman 10) Thor
Ghostcrow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:48 PM   #20
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Pops in...

......... ok then

spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #21
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

They should have acting robots and robot directors and writers to streamline the process further. Although they would probably write Ultron as the winner.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #22
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

lmao

Old 11-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #23
TeeKay
Side-Kick

This thread is just hilarious.

TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #24
FrozenBanana00
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
They should have acting robots and robot directors and writers to streamline the process further. Although they would probably write Ultron as the winner.
The way of the future

Old 11-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #25
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Andy Serkis as every actual robot in the movie, plz.

This thread… I like it.

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote