The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 12-26-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
speno94
Side-Kick

Default What Comics/Storylines maybe will influence Age of Ultron?

Obviously, the film is called AGE OF ULTRON, but that doesn't mean it is inspired by that storyline.

From everything I have seen so far, I see hints of:

- THE ULTIMATES
- AVENGERS DISASSEMBLED
- HOUSE OF M
- ULTRON UNLIMITED

The Ultimates because the filmmakers for all the Marvel films have looked to The Ultimates in some way, especially for the costume designs.

Avengers Disassembled because that is the comic that 'ended' in a way the classic Avengers roster and was pre-Civil War and from what Kevin Feige has said, it looks like the roster will change by the end of the film.

House of M because I see maybe an influence from Scarlet Witch creating visions for the team/changing reality and I see some of that in the film.

Ultron Unlimited because in my opinion this the best and most iconic Ultron story and involves Ultron invading/eliminating a European country which we know is also involved in Age of Ultron. Black Panther, Vibranium and Wakanda is also in this storyline.

Does anyone else agree with this or do you notice anymore storyline/visual influences?

Last edited by speno94; Today at 12:38 AM.
speno94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:39 AM   #2
speno94
Side-Kick

Default Re: What Comics/Storylines maybe will influence Age of Ultron?

Reading ULTRON UNLIMITED again, I can definitely see strong influences, especially with the European setting in the comic, which we know will be in the film.

speno94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:23 AM   #3
walltron
Side-Kick

Yea most of what you listed seems to shine through in one way or another, with the most overtone coming from Ultimates. I have my suspicions of them going the whole changing reality thing...especially in trying to avoid looking like DOFP's ending. Either way I like what you're getting at.

walltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:40 PM   #4
Lorus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by walltron View Post
Yea most of what you listed seems to shine through in one way or another, with the most overtone coming from Ultimates. I have my suspicions of them going the whole changing reality thing...especially in trying to avoid looking like DOFP's ending. Either way I like what you're getting at.
Wha? Where are you seeing all these Ultimates influences? Obviously Hawkeye's costume is Ultimates inspired but I'm really not seeing much of an influence anywhere else.

As for the OP, I think the storyline will be largely original with mostly names and concepts being borrowed from existing stories. I have my doubts that we'll be seeing the death of an entire country for example.

Lorus is offline   Reply With Quote