Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 07-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #226
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Default Re: Ruffahulk Ruffasmash

Doesn't seem like much to take from it

Old 07-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #227
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

^ ^ haha

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:09 PM   #228
jadejaws
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
I loved the bit about him discussing what hulk and banners relationship is and how unexplored it is in the movies.
Right on....man, would I love to hear a, "Hulk hates Banner" in one of these movies.

jadejaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #229
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Its definitely something the people deserve to see because in all actuality the only thing strong enough to stop the hulk is banner, hulk will never admit it but even though he fears banner as much as he does he knows he needs banner. And even though banner won't admit it, the reason why he can't get rid of the hulk is because its a part of him.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:18 PM   #230
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

They both need each other because when they get torn apart its bad for everyone, including themselves.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:50 PM   #231
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Agreed, and that's something I'd like to see explored in a full on hulk sequel. Although I like that bruce banner had accepted hulk.

Old 07-05-2014, 04:17 AM   #232
Omega Hulk
Side-Kick

Quote:
[uIts definitely something the people deserve to see because in all actuality the only thing strong enough to stop the hulk is banner, hulk will never admit it but even though he fears banner as much as he does he knows he needs banner.[/u] And even though banner won't admit it, the reason why he can't get rid of the hulk is because its a part of him.
Very well said.

Omega Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #233
TheVision

Mark Ruffalo on who he thinks is HULK's greatest foe (note: its not Leader or Gen Ross)

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/07/2...lo-hulk-movie/

Old 07-22-2014, 12:21 PM   #234
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Ruffalo is spot on, and he hit it on the nail about Banner no longer running and moving forward. Mark has truly impressed me with how invested he's been. And he knows that time is his greatest obstacle. The man needs a hulk movie even if its just one. just so he can continue to lay the ground work for the next guy to fill those shoes.

Last edited by Gamma Goliath; 07-22-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Gamma Goliath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #235
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ruffalo is spot on, and he hit it on the nail about Banner no longer running and moving forward. Mark has truly impressed me with how invested he's been. And he knows that time is his greatest obstacle. The man needs a hulk movie even if its just one. just so he can continue to lay the ground work for the next guy to fill those shoes.
He certainly knows his stuff and he's been doing his research. I'm glad his comments are clear. If you hear what Kate Mara and Michael B Jordan have been saying about the FF reboot, you'll lose your mind.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #236
Boom
I got nothin'

Please, Marvel. Give him at least one movie.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #237
terry78

Its pretty much the most recent Hulk stories they've been doing.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:22 PM   #238
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

^ Yep.

They really just need to adapt the Indestructible Hulk run. Maybe instead of SHIELD (since that's dead and gone for now), he tries to make something good for the world with AIM's assistance (not knowing that it too is a front for Hydra) but gets stabbed in the back in the end, which leads to lots of righteous smashing. Maybe that's not a great premise, but it's better than what Whedon has said about the potential of a Hulk solo movie so far.

Avengers 1 already laid the ground work. Bruce is fresh from the ending of TIH (learning to control it), and willingly unleashes the Hulk to heroic effect. It's only natural that he go from there and try to make something with his life instead of wallowing in misery and running from Ross.

Hell, he should be knocking on Ross's door and being like "you can't hurt me anymore *****" and knock his house down.

Okay maybe that's out of character and drastically immature, but you get my point. Avengers marked a new era for Bruce, yet Whedon still sung the swansong after the Avenger's great box office success, about Hulk being hard to make a movie for because you can only do a "man on the run" story with him.

The man's a genius, but I smell an entire landfill of BS in his attitude about the Hulk. Surely he knows of Mark Waid's approach to the character. Surely he knows that there's much more to be done with the Hulk.

CoherentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:19 AM   #239
TheVision

Im more on the "waiting til its just right" side of the HULK movie thing. I dont want them rushing into it just because fans want a HULK movie RIGHT NOW. Get a great story/script first then unleash it. Do it right, do it right. We know it cant be another Bruce on the run from the govt plot, its gotta be something that makes sense for where he is now.

Old 07-24-2014, 03:31 AM   #240
fixxxer
Side-Kick

They've had since 2008 to come up with a viable Hulk concept that isn't another "Banner on the run" tale. If Planet Hulk is not on the cards, and it doesn't look like it is, I'm sure they've given serious consideration to an Indestructable Hulk adaptation. If even that is deemed unsuitable there are many comic book runs to draw inspiration from, however loosely they wish to adapt said comics.

They've had more than enough time to conceptualize where they want to take Hulk next. And it's absurd to think that folks who plan literally decades ahead don't have even a vague sense of what they want Hulk's next adventure to be.

With Marvel going to 3 films/year from 2017 onward, it's only a matter of time. I think we can expect a new Hulk film sooner rather than later. Why waste Ruffalo's prime years when Feige, Whedon and everyone down the line claims that he's one of the best assets that Marvel Studios has under contract?

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:44 AM   #241
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

This week is do or die time for a solo Ruffalo film. If Hulk isn't a part of phase 3 then I imagine he'll just continue to be a supporting character in Avengers, a role that will likely erode screentime as the Avengers roster continues to expand.

So yeah, they'll either use him or slowly make him irrelevant.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:00 AM   #242
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I wont say they'll slowly make him irrelevant, Ruffalo will just age out of the role and they'll find a new banner. But it is do or die for Mark Ruffalo led Hulk film. If one of those six unrevealed movies isn't it, then there likely won't be one.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:31 AM   #243
TheVision

HULK is a rock star, they cant make him irrelevant. Its better to use him right in The Avengers than force a solo movie thats not ready.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:19 AM   #244
Omega Hulk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
HULK is a rock star, they cant make him irrelevant. Its better to use him right in The Avengers than force a solo movie thats not ready.
So true!
But maybe some people out there want him to become ''irrelevant''.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:26 AM   #245
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
I wont say they'll slowly make him irrelevant, Ruffalo will just age out of the role and they'll find a new banner. But it is do or die for Mark Ruffalo led Hulk film. If one of those six unrevealed movies isn't it, then there likely won't be one.
I don't' think so. If he's on film for the next few years his character will age with him.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #246
terry78

I think with the current stories Marvel is doing with Hulk I feel he deserves an adaptation of one of those at least. Give us a subplot where Banner and Hulk get separated at least, that would kill.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #247
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
phase 2 is almost over, and they've done a pretty good job of that so far.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #248
Omega Hulk
Side-Kick

Yeah, it's all part of Marvel's evil plan to make Hulk irrelevant.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:38 PM   #249
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

The thing is, he's been ready. Or he should have been. They've had since 2008 to brainstorm this. There's been a really good comic run that they can run off of. There should have been a script by now at the very least. But they're going to lose they hype train that Hulk has from the Avengers before they know it, and a successful Hulk franchise may never get off the ground.

Plus Ruffalo will only be able to do so much Hulk. I think after his contract is up, that'll be it, and if they wait too long to make use of his contract, he may just refuse. He'll be in RDJ territory of feeling too old for this stuff, and wanting a colossal paycheck if they're ever going to rope him back in.

Besides, I'm sure at the end of AoU, Bruce will be left in a great spot for a compelling story. Whether he's landed on an alien planet, or has to pick up the pieces of Tony's mistakes, I think the aftermath of AoU would be perfect for Bruce to start a character arc that can hold an audience's attention in a solo movie. But if they wait till Avengers 3 for that, they'll lose the momentum and incentive for such a story.

CoherentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #250
TheVision

Hulk will be fine, dont worry about it.