The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #26
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - Part 79

Nolan you're seeing it today?!? I'm jealous! I'm seeing it at 7 on Thursday. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the film!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #27
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - Part 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroNaz View Post
What's with all the analytics regarding online critics/reviews whatever you want to call them these days without having seen the film yet?

I base my views on my own opinions, and it's only after that fact, can I read or listen to someone else's view and choose whether I agree or disagree with them.

To base an opinion solely on somebody else's view is lazy armchair "social commentary" at it's finest. Take a step back and actually read what some of you are writing. It's nonsense. Utter nonsense that I'm sure no one would bring up in a normal conversation where you would be held accountable for your claims.

(this is probably coming a little late in the game, apologies to those that are maintain civil conversation).
A lot of people have said they are waiting to see the film before going up in arms about the reviews myself included. And the other half are blinded by pure fanboy rage (I am barely holding mine in check) as a wise man once said patience is the answer and in this case I believe that to be very true.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #28
Gavan
Side-Kick

Well I just wish most critics will like it, most as in high 80s above. Just wishing.

Personal satisfaction is sweet but public vindication is sweeter.And haters' tears are sweetest. In an ideal world...

Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #29
JOE
____#BringHomeSpidey____

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
Well I just wish most critics will like it, most as in high 80s above. Just wishing.

Personal satisfaction is sweet but public vindication is sweeter.And haters' tears are sweetest. In an ideal world...
So far the haters don't have anything to shut them up. Especially with a 72% on RT.

"You see... Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All you need is a little push!"

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 06-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #30
Andreth
Side-Kick

Critic's choice is still 90. Good

but what's with the rotten scorea on positive reviews? Are they trolling us or something?

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #31
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superherofan123 View Post
Nolan you're seeing it today?!? I'm jealous! I'm seeing it at 7 on Thursday. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the film!
Haha yup. I honestly cannot wait. I'm taking my girlfriend because today is our 9th month anniversary and she's super excited(she's a Marvel fangirl, btw) and I'll be taking my little bro and step-dad this Thursday night for the midnight release. To think, it was just almost 3 years ago when Snyder was announced and I'm finally seeing it today. Crazy how much time passes.

Anyways, I cannot wait to report back to you guys later on tonight!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #32
RetroNaz
Bom Bom Bom

Come on guys all this talk about "haters" and review percentages and crap. Stop. Just stop, please.
Don't give in to it. Enjoy the experience and watch the movie and enjoy it. Or not. It's not worth getting wrapped in pointless online reviews or scores.

Shawshank Redemption was generally rubbished when it was released. Now it's considered a classic film of all time.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #33
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
What's with all the analytics regarding online critics/reviews whatever you want to call them these days without having seen the film yet?

I base my views on my own opinions, and it's only after that fact, can I read or listen to someone else's view and choose whether I agree or disagree with them.

To base an opinion solely on somebody else's view is lazy armchair "social commentary" at it's finest. Take a step back and actually read what some of you are writing. It's nonsense. Utter nonsense that I'm sure no one would bring up in a normal conversation where you would be held accountable for your claims.

(this is probably coming a little late in the game, apologies to those that are maintain civil conversation).
Amen.

Some of the discussions people are having, it's like we're a month past the release and they are passionately defending their thoughts on the scenes that touched them.

My favorite thing to do with critics is to dig into their archives and see what they thought of films I feel strongly about. The absolute only "critic" that I can say almost always see's things as I do is Drew(Moriarty). Even then, not so much weight.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #34
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

Congrats on the anniversary! I can't believe it's been three years either since Zack was announced! It seems like yesterday!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #35
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Come on guys all this talk about "haters" and review percentages and crap. Stop. Just stop, please.
Don't give in to it. Enjoy the experience and watch the movie and enjoy it. Or not. It's not worth getting wrapped in pointless online reviews or scores.

Shawshank Redemption was generally rubbished when it was released. Now it's considered a classic film of all time.
Which is why I really don't pay attention to RT all that much. If a movie I'm really looking forward to gets really good to great reviews, great, but I would still reserve judgement until I myself have seen the film and can form my opinion.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #36
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Haha yup. I honestly cannot wait. I'm taking my girlfriend because today is our 9th month anniversary and she's super excited(she's a Marvel fangirl, btw) and I'll be taking my little bro and step-dad this Thursday night for the midnight release. To think, it was just almost 3 years ago when Snyder was announced and I'm finally seeing it today. Crazy how much time passes.

Anyways, I cannot wait to report back to you guys later on tonight!
looking forward to your impressionsa, have a great night!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #37
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 06-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #38
RetroNaz
Bom Bom Bom

Quote:
Congrats on the anniversary! I can't believe it's been three years either since Zack was announced! It seems like yesterday!
Wow, is it really 3 years? That's so long ago. I still remember the announcement and the waiting for all the casting info. Fun times, with all speculation and discussions. It's been a long road, nearly at the end of it now!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #39
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Thanks and I know right. Crazy how fast time flies by(no pun intended).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
looking forward to your impressionsa, have a great night!
Thanks and I cannot wait to give you guys my thoughts.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #40
Marvin
Side-Kick

3 years?

Old 06-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #41
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:

This movie is no shawshank redemption lol. People have to accept that not everybody likes movies about an alien who shoots laser beams out of his eyes and who's dad flys around on a dragonfly on an alien world, and who's last hour of his movie is non stop over the top city leveling action. And that's fair, to each their own. Theres a reason the transformers movies make tons of money without great reviews, although im sure this movie is much better than those. For us it's going to be amazing, be happy with that. And for the general public who want an entertaining movie it will be grea too and make a ton of money and get sequels. It's not going to make dark knight or avengers money yet, but it will make more than enough to make the fans happy as we will get our sequels which I think will only be better as they will learn from any mistakes or criticisms.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #42
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
3 years?
Well, 2 years and about 6-7 months.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #43
king666
(‿)

'Man of Steel' fails to take flight

Forbes' review.

(Don't know if this was posted yet.)

Old 06-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #44
Reel
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwHccCq5tpk

Old 06-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #45
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by king666 View Post
'Man of Steel' fails to take flight

Forbes' review.

(Don't know if this was posted yet.)
Oh god. That was harsh.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #46
king666
(‿)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Oh god. That was harsh.
Yep.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #47
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

I'm more interested in how IMDb members will rate this film and where in the Top 250 it will debut.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #48
Reel

New clip in low def

http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=81324

Old 06-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #49
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel View Post
Nope. Even in LQ, will not watch.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #50
Reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Nope. Even in LQ, will not watch.
haha. fair enough

Closed Thread