The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #76
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - Part 79

Did TDKR get any official reviews as brutal as that Forbes one?

Old 06-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #77
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - Part 79

So, is it safe to say that the honeymoon period of constant/never ending rave and positive reviews and reactions to MOS is coming to an end?lol

Old 06-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #78
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.

From the trailers this film seemed to have such a beautiful story... :,(

Old 06-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #79
JOE

We should have our own poll of what we rate the movie. See what percentage the Hype comes up with and see if that reflects RT at all within the next couple weeks.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 06-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #80
InJustice
Side-Kick

Everyone who's bat**** concerned about reviews is probably like

Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #81
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
From the trailers this film seemed to have such a beautiful story... :,(

That's the job of the trailer. Unfortunately, the way it must come together as a whole, is often the problem...

Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #82
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Everyone who's bat**** concerned about reviews is probably like

I'm not. I'm like "Eh, I'm seeing it in a couple of hours anyways".

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #83
gomez147
You're not just anyone

I'm a bit disappointed, but I'm going to wait...

Old 06-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #84
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

This girl was all of us waiting for excellent reviews from everyone who has seen the film, the little kid is the guy from Forbes

Old 06-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #85
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

Did all these "professional" critics watch the same movie? It's just funny how the positive reviews are praising how emotional and powerful the story is while most of the negative ones say there's no emotion. Oh well, I'm not reading any more reviews until after I see it Thursday.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #86
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
True, but I would prefer to not have a "Michael Bay" situation where the film makes boat loads of money but is received very poorly among people in general.lol

A part of me wonders if the amount of action that we have in the film was either an result of Snyder's natural flare for action sequences or if it was an quick response to how people were frustrated to the lack of action shown in previous superman films.
Critics hate the Happening/AfterEarth/Airbender. The GA hates those films too.
Critics has the TF films, the majority of the GA enjoys em and will keep on keeping on(no other way to explain the consistent rise in reception.

Don't let these critics make you think the action in MoS is some kind of crutch. The action is pretty gnarly and awesome, it's that simple. I'm just very curious what's so "Awfull" about MoS that would have all these critics rally about such things whereas action over real story was celebrated in that huge hit last year.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #87
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superherofan123 View Post
Did all these "professional" critics watch the same movie? It's just funny how the positive reviews are praising how emotional and powerful the story is while most of the negative ones say there's no emotion. Oh well, I'm not reading any more reviews until after I see it Thursday.
It's highlights the pointlessness of it all.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #88
FN Spider-man
move it Spidey move it!!

Im goin to say this if you havent seen the movie dont look at these reviews, you need to judge it for yourself and if you can't handle the reviews dont look at them

Old 06-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #89
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superherofan123 View Post
Yeah, I've noticed that too. But hey, it's their prerogative to say that....

Dats dat.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #90
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
Well, feel disappointed looking at the reviews. Was really pulling for "Man of Steel" to work big time and launch a DC Cinematic Universe. I guess we will have to put up with the millions of Marvel movies only in the cinemas now.
Lol what? The movie is awesome. Just a few bad reviews and you're calling it a bust, fake come on now.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #91
NonKryptonian
Side-Kick

Review.

http://www.airingnews.com/articles/1...3-MAN-OF-STEEL

Old 06-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #92
Gavan
Side-Kick

As I said earlier, I'm done with new superhero movies if this isn't both a major box-office hit and a major critical success. Even a Man of Steel 2.

Some my-way-or-the-highway people really need to be put in their place.

Quote:
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!
Nothing less.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #93
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonKryptonian View Post
BAH GAWD! A positive review for MOS???

Dats dat.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #94
DaJanksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonKryptonian View Post
Another positive. Whenever I see people giving it the same score I pretty much did it validates to me how the movie really was. Instead of seeing a pretty damn good movie and having people call it a bust and having me think can there really be people's opinions that different from mine? lol usually a movie is good and the majority agree but oh well. I'm gladly seeing this two more times in the next week

Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #95
Smallville13
Side-Kick

If this:

gets a lower score than these:

Then I just don't want to live in this world anymore...

Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #96
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJanksta View Post
Lol what? The movie is awesome. Just a few bad reviews and you're calling it a bust, fake come on now.
It is just way disappointing. I was hoping for a reception in the 80s at least. Hell, I hated Star Trek Into Darkness and that has a 87% rating on RT. Was pretty sure this one would do better. I am watching it tomorrow after all the waiting, I would be lying if I said that my expectations have not been affected by the reviews at all.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #97
Juha Bach
Side-Kick

A ratio of 24:9 is good we have about 180 more reviews to go. The average rating is 7.4(STID 7.5) Though some of the grading is odd in RT. I read the village voice review before it was posted. It was positive but what i see now is rotten score. Heck the headline is "In man of steel, there is greatness in the superman origin story"

Old 06-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #98
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Sooo, that clip was cool.

That is all.

Romans 8:38-39
Old 06-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #99
DaJanksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
It is just way disappointing. I was hoping for a reception in the 80s at least. Hell, I hated Star Trek Into Darkness and that has a 87% rating on RT. Was pretty sure this one would do better. I am watching it tomorrow after all the waiting, I would be lying if I said that my expectations have not been affected by the reviews at all.
That's a shame and all on you lol. It's not a perfect film so what? Rotten tomatoes is also not the deciding factor on it lol. It's been given a huge amount of positive reviews and very little negative. Alas I cannot change your mind if you let your perception of a movie you haven't seen be affected by a few sour apples. Everyone that is on the hype that has seen it has loved it. I'm a superman fan and I pointed out it's flaws and I still loved it and it will do great at the box office. You couldn't of expected EVERYONE to love it haha no comic book movie reboot will ever be like that in my opinion.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #100
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juha Bach View Post
A ratio of 24:9 is good we have about 180 more reviews to go. The average rating is 7.4(STID 7.5) Though some of the grading is odd in RT. I read the village voice review before it was posted. It was positive but what i see now is rotten score. Heck the headline is "In man of steel, there is greatness in the superman origin story"
Yeah, RT does that sometimes. They post a review that comes off as positive and/or has a mildly positive score, but then it's classified as "Rotten".

Dats dat.
Closed Thread