The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #101
mohoo
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - Part 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Wait but Shawshank is better than the avengers.
I thought so,

But then Rotten Tomatoes told me that I was wrong

Old 06-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #102
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - Part 79

I can't take the extremes of people. lol a few people don't like it and they lose hope on the entire franchise haha. Chill pills need to be taken.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #103
king666
(¨‿¨)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Ugh. Two reasons I can't take these reviews seriously:

C'mon dude, no need to bash the guy who wrote it haha

3. Guardians of the Galaxy
Old 06-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #104
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJanksta View Post
That's a shame and all on you lol. It's not a perfect film so what? Rotten tomatoes is also not the deciding factor on it lol. It's been given a huge amount of positive reviews and very little negative. Alas I cannot change your mind if you let your perception of a movie you haven't seen be affected by a few sour apples. Everyone that is on the hype that has seen it has loved it. I'm a superman fan and I pointed out it's flaws and I still loved it and it will do great at the box office.
Here's hoping you are right. I will watch it tomorrow with lowered expectations, but if it lives up to what a Superman movie can be, trust me - I will be a prominent evangelist for this movie. I am already watching it a second time at midnight day after with a few friends.

Don't doubt my fandom I am a HUGE DC fan through and through and really want this to work and launch the DC Universe on the big screen. This seems to be the last chance for it to happen and really hoping that it works.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #105
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
I can't take the extremes of people. lol a few people don't like it and they lose hope on the entire franchise haha. Chill pills need to be taken.
It's only going to get worse, I fear.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #106
roach
I am the night

what the critics say don't matter...the only thing that matters is Box office. I never understood the idea of an art critic...in any field. A person who is not you, doesnt know you or isnt like anyone you'd hang out with can't honestly tell you if you'd like a movie or not. I've seen movies that I like that critics hated, i've seen movies I have hated that critics liked.
Stop putting faith in people to tell you what you'll like or dislike or being slaves to a RT percentage.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #107
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Sooo, that clip was cool.

That is all.

Romans 8:38-39
Old 06-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #108
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
It is just way disappointing. I was hoping for a reception in the 80s at least. Hell, I hated Star Trek Into Darkness and that has a 87% rating on RT. Was pretty sure this one would do better. I am watching it tomorrow after all the waiting, I would be lying if I said that my expectations have not been affected by the reviews at all.
It could still finish in the 80s. There are likely to be at least 170 more reviews counted.

Heck, it just jumped from 73% to 74% after I randomly refreshed the page once mid-writing this post. Still plenty of time for the score to readjust.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #109
gomez147
You're not just anyone

74%

Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #110
Gavan
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's not a perfect film so what?
Problem is some people think every single thing of Superman I and II are perfect and can never ever be topped in the history of the universe, and will let you know it until you agree.

It's idolatry. This film needs to be good enough to put a stop to that.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #111
Autonet
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by king666 View Post
C'mon dude, no need to bash the guy who wrote it haha
While he was harsh, all of his critiques aren't unfounded.

Everyone in this thread will see the movie more than once in theaters. I'd bet money on it. It's not going to be #1 GOAT CBM PRAISE JESUS, but it doesn't have to be.

(Why do people hate TASM so much? I liked it. )

Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #112
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

OMG what is going on here? Why are people so bothered about the negative reviews? There's been so many more positive reviews than negative yet some people can't seem to see that. How about this instead of giving a rats what the RT score is watch the film and make your own mind up

Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #113
GremlinZilla89
Mogwai Healer

Jesus christ on a f-ckin' cracker people! It's at 73%!!! What is there to be all freaky over? What is there to cry and piss and moan about? Not every superhero film can be a freakin' The Dark Knight or Avengers level critical darling. I can see being concerned if the film was in the 40's and 30s or lower but if it hovers in the 70s range I don't see anything to be up in arms about. Fanboys take WAY to much stock in this crap.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #114
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

It's not like we didn't see the reaction to the negative reviews coming.

Dats dat.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #115
Bran-El
Side-Kick

Well it's not as bad as my nightmare rating (remember the rt.com gif? )

I'm kinda used to movies I'm planning to see getting punned by now, so it doesn't overly phase me. But I will say I'm kinda worked about the placement of the action in the film
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
back to back battles, Smallville / Metropolis... cause it sounds like there is little breathing room between them.
We know the movie was around 3 hours, I have a feeling more of the personal character scenes were cut to increase the action. While this may sound like a good idea to the 'Wow, look at that punch he destroyed a whole building!' crowd, it remains to be seen how it works in the overall movie. Of course holding out judgement until I see the film. I really want to love it.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #116
elgaz
Side-Kick

74%. That means that at least ĺ of those who saw the film liked it. In reality, given that some of the reviews were quite positive but still marked it as rotten due to the scoring system, that figure could be higher.

The majority like the film. Nothing to worry about IMO.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #117
Juha Bach
Side-Kick

Quote:
You know whats funny is that we have just had about 14% of the expected reviews out and people are already sweating bullets. i shudder at the time we reach about 50%(100 reviews). This site will either be popping bottles or having meltdown galore.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #118
Gavan
Side-Kick

Overwhelming victory is safer than a close-fought one for a soldier.

There is pretty much a war on, and we didn't cast the first stone.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #119
Bran-El
Side-Kick

Hopefully top critics will wake up soon.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #120
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
OMG what is going on here? Why are people so bothered about the negative reviews? There's been so many more positive reviews than negative yet some people can't seem to see that. How about this instead of giving a rats what the RT score is watch the film and make your own mind up

Old 06-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #121
NonKryptonian
Side-Kick

A couple more reviews.

http://palacemusicgroup.blogspot.com...eelreview.html

http://www.daily-jeff.com/ap%20gener...n-man-of-steel

Old 06-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #122
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Oh you guys....

Dats dat.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #123
!Superman!
Side-Kick

why post a fake 50 % MoS pic?

Old 06-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #124
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran-El View Post

Hopefully top critics will wake up soon.
Can you please not post photoshopped RT scores, thanks.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #125
Bran-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Superman! View Post
why post a fake 50 % MoS pic?
Not fake, check out top critics.

Closed Thread