The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

View Poll Results: Which next generation platform will you buy?
Leaning Xbox 4 4.04%
Definitely Xbox 3 3.03%
Leaning Playstation 8 8.08%
Definitely Playstation 78 78.79%
Other (Wii U, PC, handheld, mobile) 2 2.02%
Undecided 4 4.04%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #51
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
So which companies are the most likely to push the DRM on the PS4? I'm sure EA doesn't give a crap (probably why they cancelled the online passes), but what about Ubisoft and Activision? Or smaller companies like Bethesda and 2K? CD Project?
Pachter said he can see Activision do it with Destiny. I don't remember the exact words, but it was something about Activision offering Destiny as a service. Since you'd have to be constantly online anyway to play it and the fact that worlds have to be maintained and updated.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #52
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
So which companies are the most likely to push the DRM on the PS4? I'm sure EA doesn't give a crap (probably why they cancelled the online passes), but what about Ubisoft and Activision? Or smaller companies like Bethesda and 2K? CD Project?
EA canceled online passes because they knew MS was implementing built in DRM which would replace them. EA was one of the main pressures on Sony and MS to add DRM tools.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #53
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

PS4 User Interface Ad

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Haha if you can get through the cringeworthy 'fake gamer' stuff, this ad is pretty cool at showing you what the PS4 will be able to do from a social aspect.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #54
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Not if i have to repurchase Uncharted it doesnt. If i can stream all those PS3 games for free, then f**k yea, if not, its useless.
And you don't know if we can't. At the very least there is at least an alternative announced for the PS4 with details to look forward to. MS gave no such hope for their platform

Old 06-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #55
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
EA canceled online passes because they knew MS was implementing built in DRM which would replace them. EA was one of the main pressures on Sony and MS to add DRM tools.
Yeah, on the Xbox One, EA won't have to do any work. Every Xbox game will have to be installed and authenticated every 24 hours. But Sony won't do that. You will be able to trade in, sell or lend their first party games. Any other bs, will be up to the publishers themselves and they will have to do the work.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #56
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
And you don't know if we can't. At the very least there is at least an alternative announced for the PS4 with details to look forward to. MS gave no such hope for their platform
Well at least with MS i know, i need to hold on to my games. With Sony i have no idea and every day i wait, those games drop in value. They need to come out and tell me rather or not i need to keep my PS3 games or if itll be fine to move em now and just redownload em later through PSn's cloud. Thats honestly the reason i havent had my PS3 fixed yet, im just waiting for them to tell me whats up.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #57
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
I have yet to hear a reasonable argument against it.
You can't be serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #58
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

PS4 will be the console most people get. Dat price.

The 360 crowd will move on to the PS4, so multiplayer will still feel like home for me.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #59
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Found this gem in the gamespot forum.

Quote:
Basically the ps4 is the cheaper, downgraded version of the xbox one. Ps4 is for gamers that don't have Internet and as much money as xbox gamers.
Since I have Internet and I can afford to buy a console for an extra $100 I will buy the xbox one. Plus did you see all the xbox one exclusive titles? They are epic
. And why are people complaining about xbox one having to be always online? It's funny cuz they are complaining ON the Internet.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #60
Octoberist
point blank

Not to be derogatory, a lot could be from a form Agsberger's syndrome, espeically with the lack of perspective and not understanding other's points of view.

And I'm I mistaken to think that the PS4 is actually a bit more powerful than the X1?

Old 06-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #61
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

No, the PS4 is the more powerful console.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #62
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #63
LuisTX85
Z

Additional details about the PlayStation 4 have begun to emerge following last night's announcements. In addition to be region-free, we've now learned that that the system's 500GB hard drive can be removed and upgraded. Sony Worldwide Studio Head, Shuhei Yoshida, confirmed the news via Twitter early this morning. The move gives the PS4 yet another advantage over the Xbox One, which makes the hard drive inaccessible to consumers.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #64
Nathan

Sony is essentially only changing one thing. They charge you for playing online. But at a lower price than Microsoft, and you get access to tons of games for acquiring Plus.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #65
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Sony is essentially only changing one thing. They charge you for playing online. But at a lower price than Microsoft, and you get access to tons of games for acquiring Plus.
Tons of games/discounts across 3 separate platforms (PS3, PS4, and Vita). PS+ has been a great deal for awhile now.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #66
socool
True

PS4, no doubt. The Xbone fell so fast that it's almost laughable...but it's not...it's sad. Sony's PS4 announcement was underwhelming in my eyes and so I was excited to see what MS had to offer. There's was no better. But now that E3 has come...holy crap, MS has NOTHING on Sony. NOTHING. They tried so hard to be innovative that they are just gonna end up alienating their fan-base: Gamers. Seriously, the Xbone seems like the perfect entertainment system, and a horrible gaming system. So disappointing.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #67
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

So what exactly is this thing about being able to watch tv on the One? Not sure I understand completely.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #68
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
So what exactly is this thing about being able to watch tv on the One? Not sure I understand completely.
You need a supported cable box with an HDMI out, and you can hook it up to the X1. At that point you can use Kinect and the X1 interface to navigate channels and look up shows etc... At anytime you can say "Xbox Live TV" and it will switch over to your cable.

I think they have specifically said the X1 will not work as a DVR, but it's unclear if it can be used to navigate you current DVR.

Link with a video of the demo.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #69
LuisTX85
Z

Even IF MS dropped the used games BS and online check ups..It'd still go with PS4.

A $100 less more powerful console and PS+ is a great service with lots of even more awesome benefits than XBL at a cheaper price,It's just a much better better!

I love Halo&Gears and there's some great new exclusives coming But I love inFamous&Uncharted more and a lot of really interesting exclusives are coming too.

XB1 has awesome features and I love me TV But I prefer the gamer features that Sony is offering.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #70
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 Controller Hands-on

Not that much information. I am eagerly awaiting the PS4 to 360 controller comparisons.

Last edited by StrainedEyes; 06-11-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #71
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

I hope demos go out soon. I really wanna try out that new pad. I'm liking what I'm seeing

Old 06-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #72
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
You need a supported cable box with an HDMI out, and you can hook it up to the X1. At that point you can use Kinect and the X1 interface to navigate channels and look up shows etc... At anytime you can say "Xbox Live TV" and it will switch over to your cable.

I think they have specifically said the X1 will not work as a DVR, but it's unclear if it can be used to navigate you current DVR.

Link with a video of the demo.

Oh... meh. Thanks for the info.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #73
Nathan

Boogie out of Francis character, talking about the PS4.

Honest Opinion on the Playstation 4

Old 06-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #74
Grievous
Miss Me?

My gamerscore and love for Halo and Gears is the only thing that's keeping me interested in the XboxOne. Which only makes me sad as it shows how much the Xbox has dropped. Plus the fact PS4 is cheaper I already know it will beat the XboxOne in early sales. You would think early negative reactions would be red flags for Microsoft.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Old 06-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #75
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Hail PlayStation! It's not a paperweight.