The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

View Poll Results: Which next generation platform will you buy?
Leaning Xbox 4 4.04%
Definitely Xbox 3 3.03%
Leaning Playstation 8 8.08%
Definitely Playstation 78 78.79%
Other (Wii U, PC, handheld, mobile) 2 2.02%
Undecided 4 4.04%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #101
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Default Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
LOL lopsided poll is lopsided.

Anyway it's back to Sony for me. I'm done with MS.
I started with the PS2, got the Xbox late in its cycle, then got the 360, then a ps3 and now I'm going PS4, altho once MS cuts the price and drops the DRM/Mandatory Online stuff ill consider going back if I don't really take to the PS4s interface. Altho from what iv seen, that PS4 UI looks damn nice.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #102
James
Built from Lego

At this stage in the game it's unquestionably looking like I'll grab a PS4 sometime in the next couple of years. Maybe a gaming PC at some point too, though that's up in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
I started with the PS2, got the Xbox late in its cycle, then got the 360, then a ps3 and now I'm going PS4, altho once MS cuts the price and drops the DRM/Mandatory Online stuff ill consider going back if I don't really take to the PS4s interface. Altho from what iv seen, that PS4 UI looks damn nice.
That's exactly what I did, and I'm planning to get a PS3 later in the year.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #103
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

PS4 baby!

Though the design of the console/controller of X1 look better.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #104
Grievous
Miss Me?

I was thinking Xbox with Halo in mind, but one franchise can't be enough for a whole console. Leaning PS4 until I see some change come from Microsoft. PS4 clearly seems the favorite and I don't want to end up paying more for a console that is less popular. I'm sticking with my 360 for awhile after launch though to see how it plays out.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #105
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
At this stage in the game it's unquestionably looking like I'll grab a PS4 sometime in the next couple of years. Maybe a gaming PC at some point too, though that's up in the air.
Yea im going with PS4 at launch and that'll be my primary console until MS gets with the program, which i'll give them a year tops before they drop all that restrictive nonsense. Once they do that ill consider hopping back to MS as my primary console, unless i just really take to Sonys machine, which is entirely possible, but based on past history, iv never preferred Sonys systems to the others out there.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #106
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
PS4 baby!

Though the design of the console/controller of X1 look better.
Haha the PS4 looks like the Xbox One, but in Italics

Old 06-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #107
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
PS1, PS2, 360 because I got in way late and that's what all my friends had. And I've been planning to get a PS3 anyway but now I'm going to do it sooner by selling off my 360 instead of keeping it like I'd originally planned.

I mean I look at it and there's nothing to keep me there aside from Gears, and I've played three of those.

And PS3 has lots of sweet stuff, plus all the classics from 1 & 2 on the PSN store. Also Xbox sucks for jrpg's.

And like you I'm not going to say I'll never get an XB1 but if I do it'll be later in the gen and only if they come down off all the lunatic restrictions.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 06-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #108
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous View Post
I'm was thinking Xbox with Halo in mind, but one franchise can't be enough for a whole console. Leaning PS4 until I see some change come from Microsoft. PS4 clearly seems the favorite and I don't want to end up paying more for a console that is less popular. I'm sticking with my 360 for awhile after launch though to see how it plays out.
If you are leaning XB1 or dont have to jump into the next gen right away(unlike myself), then thats the best strategy. MS will cut the price and they'll drop that DRM crap when they see the system fail to meet their sales expectations.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #109
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Haha the PS4 looks like the Xbox One, but in Italics

Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #110
Grievous
Miss Me?

Quote:
If you are leaning XB1 or dont have to jump into the next gen right away(unlike myself), then thats the best strategy. MS will cut the price and they'll drop that DRM crap when they see the system fail to meet their sales expectations.
Agree Xbox will come out with a cheaper console that works more like the 360 once sales tells them they were wrong.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Old 06-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #111
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
PS1, PS2, 360 because I got in way late and that's what all my friends had. And I've been planning to get a PS3 anyway but now I'm going to do it sooner by selling off my 360 instead of keeping it like I'd originally planned.
Yea i had the PSone as well, but it wasnt until mid way through the PS2 life cycle that i really got into gaming. I mean i had pretty much every console, but didnt use them much, at least not the way i did with the PS2 then the Xbox.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #112
Nathan

Introducing 『The PlayRoom』
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #113
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Did Sony outsource its ad team to Microsoft?

Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #114
Fenrir
Devourer Of Gods

Normally I don't care for petty console rivalry but...a region-free PS4? Now that deserves a mighty heartfelt applause. Finally at least one console manufacturer had the common sense to drag its sorry ass out of the caveman era.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:56 PM   #115
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

Sony has essentially already won. They have succeeded by virtue of not being Microsoft.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #116
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upset Spideyfan View Post
My brother serves on a navy ship. This essentially means that the Xbox One would be completely useless to him and his fellow servicemen for long stretches while they are underway, which is exactly the kind of situation you want a game console functioning.
There's plenty of situations where I don't have internet access for a 24-hour period. Those are usually called "vacation" and "bad weather."

Seriously, there's plenty of times the power gets knocked out for days at a time around here after a blizzard in winter and floods in summer. There's plenty of times I'm nowhere near an internet connection for days at a time, and I sure as hell ain't dragging a game console around on vacation just to "check in with The Boss."

Dumbest freakin' idea Microsoft has ever come up with. Did whatever nitwit who came up with that honestly think that there wouldn't be a situation where someone *might*, you know, lose power or an internet connection? Do they think we're all slaves who sit around glued to our media centers, and....

...oh wait: that's what they *do* think. Sorry.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #117
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
There's plenty of situations where I don't have internet access for a 24-hour period. Those are usually called "vacation" and "bad weather."

Seriously, there's plenty of times the power gets knocked out for days at a time around here after a blizzard in winter and floods in summer. There's plenty of times I'm nowhere near an internet connection for days at a time, and I sure as hell ain't dragging a game console around on vacation just to "check in with The Boss."

Dumbest freakin' idea Microsoft has ever come up with. Did whatever nitwit who came up with that honestly think that there wouldn't be a situation where someone *might*, you know, lose power or an internet connection? Do they think we're all slaves who sit around glued to our media centers, and....

Dude you can always buy a 360. :/

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 06-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #118
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
There's plenty of times I'm nowhere near an internet connection for days at a time, and I sure as hell ain't dragging a game console around on vacation just to "check in with The Boss."
It sounds like you wouldnt be doing any kind of gaming during those times any way, so what does it matter?

Old 06-12-2013, 12:40 AM   #119
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
It sounds like you wouldnt be doing any kind of gaming during those times any way, so what does it matter?
That's what I'm wondering about the whole thing. Why would they require you to "check in" if you're not even playing within a 24-hour period, either by choice or by fate? And what are they going to do to you, your game, or your console if you fail to "make curfew?" Sounds like a psychotic parent staying up all night waiting for you to get home.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #120
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:

Quote:
That's what I'm wondering about the whole thing. Why would they require you to "check in" if you're not even playing within a 24-hour period, either by choice or by fate? And what are they going to do to you, your game, or your console if you fail to "make curfew?" Sounds like a psychotic parent staying up all night waiting for you to get home.

I was rooting for Xbox, but they f**ked up this time. Then they have the nerve to price it at $499.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:28 AM   #121
Grievous
Miss Me?

PS4 will outsell XboxOne simply due to price. I guess Microsoft will learn like Sony did that prices play a major role in who wins.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:32 AM   #122
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

$399 was a pleasant surprise but $499 is what I was expecting. I certainly wouldn't call MS price point outlandish.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:33 AM   #123
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous View Post
PS4 will outsell XboxOne simply due to price. I guess Microsoft will learn like Sony did that prices play a major role in who wins.
Well I wouldn't say just due to price...

Old 06-12-2013, 01:34 AM   #124
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
$399 was a pleasant surprise but $499 is what I was expecting. I certainly wouldn't call MS price point outlandish.
It's not. They could sell their console at $399 too. But they just have to shove the Kinect down everyone's throat.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:47 AM   #125
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
That's a really good question and something I've been wondering about too. If you don't check-in, what's the consequence?

Closed Thread