The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #376
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 594
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post



I think I know what happens here (more speculation than spoilers, but I'll use the tags):

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Magneto is ruining this Sentinel unveiling. Charles is in the crowd; he's in his wheelchair again, and people are scrambling to get away from Magneto. They knock Charles down, and he hits his head on the pavement (note the background in the second image--pavement and grass). Not sure if Magneto's helmet comes off or what, but from the ground, Charles uses his abilities to stop his friend).


Just a theory.

__________________
X-men: World of Gray

While Charles Xavier is building his school, the Brotherhood has plans of its own—to build a mutant army. And soon, Magneto will discover there’s only one person who can build it for them…Charles.

Click Here to Read.

Last edited by Nerial; 03-26-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Nerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:53 AM   #377
Loganbabe
Don't want your future
 
Loganbabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,844
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

I was thinking the same about those scenes, Nerial.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
From what we've seen/read so far, I'm almost 100% certain that being able to walk messes with Charles' telepathy. So in that scene it seems like he accepted his fate and is back in the chair. And this time - even if he's on the floor, hurt, apparently defeated and weak - with the full use of his powers, he'll be able to stop Erik and whatever mayhem he has brought upon humans and mutants alike.

They'll both come to the conclusion that Erik will just follow his instincts and do what he has to do. And like Charles said "I'll always be there, old friend".


It will be an amazing moment in the film.

__________________
***We need you to hope again***
Charles Xavier
Days of Future Past
James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #378
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 594
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
I was thinking the same about those scenes, Nerial.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
From what we've seen/read so far, I'm almost 100% certain that being able to walk messes with Charles' telepathy. So in that scene it seems like he accepted his fate and is back in the chair. And this time - even if he's on the floor, hurt, apparently defeated and weak - with the full use of his powers, he'll be able to stop Erik and whatever mayhem he has brought upon humans and mutants alike.

They'll both come to the conclusion that Erik will just follow his instincts and do what he has to do. And like Charles said "I'll always be there, old friend".


It will be an amazing moment in the film.
Here-here. I think that scene is in the later part of the film, after "decisions" are made.

Did you see the new footage from Spike TV? It's on the JAM Session website--it's like a :45 second spot and it's all new footage. I particularly love Charles' comment about Quicksilver.

Look up "days of future past tv spot ink master" on YouTube and it should pop right up.

__________________
X-men: World of Gray

While Charles Xavier is building his school, the Brotherhood has plans of its own—to build a mutant army. And soon, Magneto will discover there’s only one person who can build it for them…Charles.

Click Here to Read.
Nerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #379
Loganbabe
Don't want your future
 
Loganbabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,844
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerial View Post
Did you see the new footage from Spike TV? It's on the JAM Session website--it's like a :45 second spot and it's all new footage. I particularly love Charles' comment about Quicksilver.
Not yet...I'm having problems with the internet at home and on my cell phone, and I can only access at work. But here I can't watch videos or go to JAM.
Hopefully tonight! Can't wait to see the Charles/Quicksilver scene.

__________________
***We need you to hope again***
Charles Xavier
Days of Future Past
James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #380
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,335
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

So does Charles know Quicksilver already?

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #381
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 594
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

^ I'm guessing no. Look at the tv spot again:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quicksilver steals Charles' wallet and starts to rifle through it in front of him. That's enough to irritate anyone. So the line "He's a pain in the ass" could be from that one encounter. Hehe--listening to Xavier say that line made me smile.

__________________
X-men: World of Gray

While Charles Xavier is building his school, the Brotherhood has plans of its own—to build a mutant army. And soon, Magneto will discover there’s only one person who can build it for them…Charles.

Click Here to Read.
Nerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #382
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,428
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Even the great Charles Xavier has trouble stomaching the walking bundle of sheer douchiness that is Quicksilver.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #383
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 594
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Even the great Charles Xavier has trouble stomaching the walking bundle of sheer douchiness that is Quicksilver.
Haha...

I'm not all that familiar with Quicksilver. It's my understanding he's a smart alec and a little hyper (given his ability, I'd understand that). I could see where Xavier might find him irritating, just because he's so much more mellow...well, usually. Maybe not so much in this movie.

__________________
X-men: World of Gray

While Charles Xavier is building his school, the Brotherhood has plans of its own—to build a mutant army. And soon, Magneto will discover there’s only one person who can build it for them…Charles.

Click Here to Read.
Nerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #384
Loganbabe
Don't want your future
 
Loganbabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,844
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerial View Post
I could see where Xavier might find him irritating, just because he's so much more mellow...well, usually. Maybe not so much in this movie.
One quality he certainly won't have in this movie is patience.

__________________
***We need you to hope again***
Charles Xavier
Days of Future Past
James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:28 PM   #385
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,428
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

One thing about Xavier in the comics is that he can be somewhat, what's the right word, passive-aggressive at times. For instance, there's an issue of WATXM where Xavier is visiting the Jean Grey School and Kid Omega is being a real douche to Rachel Grey. Xavier plays the wise old mentor, but then broadcasts Kid Omega's real full name (which is a really embarrassing one) to everyone in the school, who then proceed to mock him.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #386
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 594
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
One thing about Xavier in the comics is that he can be somewhat, what's the right word, passive-aggressive at times. For instance, there's an issue of WATXM where Xavier is visiting the Jean Grey School and Kid Omega is being a real douche to Rachel Grey. Xavier plays the wise old mentor, but then broadcasts Kid Omega's real full name (which is a really embarrassing one) to everyone in the school, who then proceed to mock him.
I think Xavier can be...manipulative to get what he wants. We even see this in the movie when he doesn't tell Logan about his past, and Magneto calls him out on it, saying it's because Xavier didn't want to lose his X-man.

But one problem with comics are all the different writers, and even the nicest characters can be total pricks under bad writing. Look at some bad Superman comics, and see Mr. Boy Scout act like a total douche.

IMO, Xavier can be self-righteous, a bit controlling and believes his way is the only way. But he's also very caring, genuinely wants to help others--humans and mutants--and, through age and experience, is very enlightened.

So...a flawed character. I like that.

__________________
X-men: World of Gray

While Charles Xavier is building his school, the Brotherhood has plans of its own—to build a mutant army. And soon, Magneto will discover there’s only one person who can build it for them…Charles.

Click Here to Read.
Nerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:24 PM   #387
xrs13
Cold as ice
 
xrs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,257
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

if it is that Xavier loses his power because he uses his mental strength to walk then it is also a nod to FC when magneto said to mystique about only half concentrating.

__________________
xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:31 PM   #388
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 594
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
if it is that Xavier loses his power because he uses his mental strength to walk then it is also a nod to FC when magneto said to mystique about only half concentrating.
This concept--Charles walking--is the only one in this movie I'm not fully on board with. My brain just keeps going back to all the reasons this just isn't physically possible; even if they fix his back, his legs are in no state to function (atrophy, severe muscle loss, osteoporosis and that's just in the first year after injury. Ten years...his legs would be half the mass they were when he was shot).

Forget walking, it'd probably take him a year of serious physical therapy just to stand on those things.

Yeah, I know, I know--it's sci-fi. Get over it. I just find that when you blend sci-fi with real-life conflicts, it makes the story so much more powerful. And this feels like a cheat to me.

__________________
X-men: World of Gray

While Charles Xavier is building his school, the Brotherhood has plans of its own—to build a mutant army. And soon, Magneto will discover there’s only one person who can build it for them…Charles.

Click Here to Read.
Nerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #389
Rike
Wat.
 
Rike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ahead of its time.
Posts: 2,524
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1


__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

05.27.2016
Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:02 PM   #390
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger
 
Duran Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,706
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Oh my god.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Duran Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #391
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,407
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

He looks more like Patrick Stewart than James... :/

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #392
Super Film
Side-Kick
 
Super Film's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 499
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

He looks like he's passing a kidney stone.

Super Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #393
kasjan
Side-Kick
 
kasjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,793
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

All those tatoos looks like made by amateurs.
Just destroyed people skin.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:10 PM   #394
Loganbabe
Don't want your future
 
Loganbabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,844
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Arghhhhhhh he looks like Charles Manson!

__________________
***We need you to hope again***
Charles Xavier
Days of Future Past
James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:11 PM   #395
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick
 
EnDz0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,178
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerial View Post
This concept--Charles walking--is the only one in this movie I'm not fully on board with. My brain just keeps going back to all the reasons this just isn't physically possible; even if they fix his back, his legs are in no state to function (atrophy, severe muscle loss, osteoporosis and that's just in the first year after injury. Ten years...his legs would be half the mass they were when he was shot).

Forget walking, it'd probably take him a year of serious physical therapy just to stand on those things.

Yeah, I know, I know--it's sci-fi. Get over it. I just find that when you blend sci-fi with real-life conflicts, it makes the story so much more powerful. And this feels like a cheat to me.
Pssstt...Old Xavier just came back from the dead.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:18 PM   #396
Farren
Side Kicker
 
Farren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Under Harvey Dent's Desk
Posts: 2,678
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Eh, I see Nerial's point. There's nothing wrong with fantastic technology and shenanigans in an X-Men movie, but it still needs to adhere to it's own internal logic. If the only explanation given for Xavier walking is that Beast recently did something to fix/bypass/etc the damage to his spine, then, yeah, I think that's fair game to be critical of it. (And TBF maybe the movie will address that; like, perhaps Beast came up with the solution a while ago).

__________________
C2: Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
I Believe in Aaron Eckhart
Farren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:46 PM   #397
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick
 
EnDz0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,178
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

So it's more believable that Xavier just happened to have a twin brother that was also wheelchair-bound than someone regaining the use of his legs?

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:05 AM   #398
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,171
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerial View Post
I think I know what happens here (more speculation than spoilers, but I'll use the tags)
I was thinking along the same lines, but also on top of that I was wondering if

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Charles is actually using Erik's powers while he's under his control. Not sure if he can actually do that though?


Oh and

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
There is also a chance that he is using his powers to stop Mystique and her mission.


Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 03-27-2014 at 05:15 AM.
Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:54 AM   #399
Malik
Side-Kick
 
Malik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,193
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post

__________________
I am by definition my own best friend.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:07 AM   #400
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,407
Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.