The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #101
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - Part 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by souperman View Post
I would like to hear how people rate MOS against their all time favorite films.

Open question:

If MOS is an 8 - What Film(s) do you give a 9.5 - 10 to ? Have you ever given a 10 too a film?

Just curious about perspective.

Are people leaving room at the top for the 10 like in the Olympics...that never quite comes?

No film being perfect, none can receive a 10, to wit, a 9 really equals a 10 and therefore the MOS 8 is really a 9 ?

I give MOS a solid 9/10. It's one of my favorite super hero movies ever and is in my list of favorite movies of all time.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #102
Reel
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - Part 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I would like to point out I was so right. All you who didn't want to believe me and wanted to use the "Metropolis is destroyed argument" are so wrong.
And me. I've been saying that was the ending since I saw the track listing for HZ's soundtrack.

There was one user who kept arguing with me telling me it was half way through the movie because the Daily Planet gets destroyed.

To that user I say this.. HA never ever go against what Reel says.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #103
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
Haven't seen those movies, but the action in this is pretty insane. The last 30 mind has so much action and destruction that I was just like HOLY CRAP during most of it. If you thought the Avengers New York battle was something wait until you see this!
With DC/WB's presentation of Superman in various media over the years tey have seem to have forgotten that Superman should be a character with almost biblical levels of power. That's at least as an important part of his appeal ALONG with his noble character and moral philosophy. Anything showing him like a titan walking the Earth can only do the character good IMHO. And from what you and others have shared it sounds like the GA would not accept this version of SUPERMAN being judo flipped by Bale's Batman, or something equally asinine as has been done to across different mediums. And that would be great.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #104
Reel

Quote:
But if anyone has any question feel free to ask. I got some free time now. Can't wait to see the movie again this weekend.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
How does it go from battle of smallville to final climax fight. Isn't there a World Machine or something involved that Kal destroys then goes to Metropolis to stop Black Zero ship?

Old 06-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #105
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

I would say a large chunk of metropolis gets destroyed in this movie. The amount of damage shown crazy.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #106
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel View Post
How does it go from battle of smallville to final climax fight. Isn't there a World Machine or something involved that Kal destroys then goes to Metropolis to stop Black Zero ship?
yea he destroy's the world machine in Smallville. Then flies to metropolis and fights Zod. It takes him a while to get there ad it takes a lot out if him when he destroys the machine.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #107
Reel

Quote:
yea he destroy's the world machine in Smallville. Then flies to metropolis and fights Zod. It takes him a while to get there ad it takes a lot out if him when he destroys the machine.
The World Machine is the thing that lands in Smallville then? And has the tentacles things attacking Kal?

I understand it now. BOOOOOOOOOOOM

Old 06-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #108
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
With DC/WB's presentation of Superman in various media over the years tey have seem to have forgotten that Superman should be a character with almost biblical levels of power. That's at least as an important part of his appeal ALONG with his noble character and moral philosophy. Anything showing him like a titan walking the Earth can only do the character good IMHO. And from what you and others have shared it sounds like the GA would not accept this version of SUPERMAN being judo flipped by Bale's Batman, or something equally asinine as has been done to across different mediums. And that would be great.

I don't know the massive crowd I saw it with at the free screening last night LOVED it. There were oo's and awe's during the fight scenes and laughs during the humorous moments. The movie got a huge round of applause at the end. The last line in the movie is gold by the way ha.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #109
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
How was the vibe?
People seemed to really enjoy it despite the fact that the theater didn't have the ac on for some reason. And the end caused quite the positive buzz.

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 06-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #110
DarkSentinel
SHH's Top Heel

I can't believe tomorrow is THE DAY

Thank Zod I have the Soundtrack (Deluxe Edition, mind you ) on my iPhone to hold me over.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #111
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
The World Machine is the thing that lands in Smallville then? And has the tentacles things attacking Kal?

I understand it now. BOOOOOOOOOOOM
Yup!

Old 06-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #112
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Wait when did the Black Zero become the World Machine?

Old 06-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #113
Reel

Quote:
Yup!
So...

Clark returns to Kent Farm and hugs Martha. Zod & company return to Black Zero in space and launch World Machine. (Where does the World Machine come from though? Is it apart of Black Zero?) World Machine lands in Smallville and begins terraforming Earth and atmosphere. Superman attacks it and eventually destroys it. Meanwhile Black Zero lands above Metropolis and activates gravity beam. (Where does Hardy flying ship that he crashes with Lois and Faora on it come into play?)(Also how do they get light drive from Kal's ship and put it with Black Zero's to destroy it?) Superman arrives and battles Zod and kills him

Old 06-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #114
super-t
Side-Kick

So who was the "OMG" cameo?

Old 06-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #115
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

During the fight with Zod there was a noticeable reaction from a few people in the crowd I saw it with when
Kal and Zod are in space and are fighting on the Wanye Enterprises satellite. If they go through with the JLA movie it will be interesting to see where this movie takes place in the timeline

Old 06-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #116
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
I have always thought that Byrne's DP Clark was a mid 80's take on George Reeve's Clark. His Clark was never an over the top coward or bumbler. If anything, visually at least, Henry C. makes me think of that era's Supes, and in the sequel I would hope that would be what his Clark is like.

Same here. I loved Byrne's CK.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #117
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't know the massive crowd I saw it with at the free screening last night LOVED it. There were oo's and awe's during the fight scenes and laughs during the humorous moments. The movie got a huge round of applause at the end. The last line in the movie is gold by the way ha.
Love to hear the huge applause at the end.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #118
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
This what I'm hoping happens in the future with whomever ends up behind the scenes of a JLA film with Henry C.'s Supes. WRITER: ...and then Batman does like a tai chi move and puts Superman flat on his back. Huh? Whadaya think? DIRECTOR: Sorry, but after seeing Zod and Superman throw down in MAN OF STEEL the audience just won't accept that. It would be UNREALISTIC.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #119
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
So...

Clark returns to Kent Farm and hugs Martha. Zod & company return to Black Zero in space and launch World Machine. (Where does the World Machine come from though? Is it apart of Black Zero?) World Machine lands in Smallville and begins terraforming Earth and atmosphere. Superman attacks it and eventually destroys it. Meanwhile Black Zero lands above Metropolis and activates gravity beam. (Where does Hardy flying ship that he crashes with Lois and Faora on it come into play?)(Also how do they get light drive from Kal's ship and put it with Black Zero's to destroy it?) Superman arrives and battles Zod and kills him
Actually
the ship that Zod uses was there prison in the phantam zone. They start using the world machine in space and it starts destroying metropolis first. Smallville gets destroyed by the Kal fighting Fora and the military. There is a machine in Smallville that Kal destroys too. Sorry about the confusion. The last 30 mins has so much action and stuff going on that you can get lost for a min lol.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #120
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Quote:
So...

Zod repurposed it from another kryptonian colony. It is released from the Black Zero and lands in the Indian Ocean. Metropolis is exactly on the other side of the planet which is where the BZ lands. Kal-el's ship is on the plane with Hardy when they crash into the BZ. I don't believe the Kryptonians die because the plan was to use the light drive in conjunction with the BZ's to create a temporary PZ portal, which happens, and everything is sucked up into it.

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 06-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #121
Kevin Smith
Banned User

@SOUPERMAN

Your sig is hilarious. It had me on the floor a second ago, lol.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #122
Reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight FTW View Post
Zod repurposed it from another kryptonian colony. It is released from the Black Zero and lands in the Indian Ocean. Metropolis is exactly on the other side of the planet which is where the BZ lands. Kal-el's ship is on the plane with Hardy when they crash into the BZ. I don't believe the Kryptonians die because the plan was to use the light drive in conjunction with the BZ's to create a temporary PZ portal, which happens, and everything is sucked up into it.
Aaaaaaah. What is the Black Zero landing on land creating a massive dusk cloud then? Does Hardy go to the Kent Farm and take it with Kal's permission then?

Old 06-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #123
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Do you like pink? (I mean the colour not the singer )

Seriously though, how would you rank this film amongst over CBMs? And do u know what Jamie thought of it?
I think it is better than most not as good as some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
It's much the same feeling I get when a tornadic supercell approaches my region of Kansas.

Speeeaking of which.....

What are your thoughts on the tornado scene, and the related
death?
Tornado scene is both powerful and interesting in it's approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
How do you rate the movie, Showtime? Scale from 1-10 and what would you compare the movie to as far as how strong the story is compared to the action?
7 out of 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Did they stick with the comedic cameo?
I'm not sure I know what you're referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
One simple question. rate it out of 10.
7 out of 10

Quote:
I would say a large chunk of metropolis gets destroyed in this movie. The amount of damage shown crazy.
Yeah...it's obliterated.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #124
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
This what I'm hoping happens in the future with whomever ends up behind the scenes of a JLA film with Henry C.'s Supes. WRITER: ...and then Batman does like a tai chi move and puts Superman flat on his back. Huh? Whadaya think? DIRECTOR: Sorry, but after seeing Zod and Superman throw down in MAN OF STEEL the audience just won't accept that. It would be UNREALISTIC.
Well fans can accept Batman beating this Superman if he uses Kryptonite. Even though its not introduced in this movie. But he does have a Kryptonite effect when
he is on Zod's ship. He is weaker when he is in krypton atmosphere.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #125
king666
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
One thing that got me a little pissed off (I didn't watch the movie yet):

Superman fighting Zod in Metropolis. I mean, c'mon. Superman would try to take the fight out of the city. His main goal would be to save the civilians before kicking the **** out of Zod or whatever.

Closed Thread