Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #676
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Chris Evans was a better Jonny Storm than Captain America.
I used to think that way
Now I like him equally in both roles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderCool View Post
I have to say that I enjoyed The Avengers quite a lot.
Mrs. Peel clone had a bad Bear Day

Marvel's Avengers is called Marvel's The Avengers

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Old 08-10-2013, 02:41 AM   #677
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

**** the "Marvel's ________", it's just The Avengers.

H.E.(R?)
Old 08-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #678
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

The Avengers

Their movie is better than Marvel's

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Old 08-10-2013, 03:11 AM   #679
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Except those weren't two that was in that Avengers movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:16 AM   #680
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

You know, the characters
The actors can sleeeep

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Old 08-10-2013, 03:26 AM   #681
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Make sense, Aziz.

Quote:
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:31 AM   #682
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

There is sense, find it

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Old 08-10-2013, 04:40 AM   #683
Travesty
TEOL

Heh, I just got done with the new GI Joe, and I actually liked it. It was exactly what I was expecting out of a GI Joe live action movie. So much better than the first. Nothing "amazing", but it was what I expected, and it delivered.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:59 AM   #684
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I have typed this sentiment a couple of times tonite so I might as well put it in the thread it belongs in:

The general audience feels the same way about both Chris Nolan's THE DARK KNIGHT RISES and Sam Raimi's SPIDER-MAN 3. Indifference. Amongst the majority of people who paid to see both in theatres there is neither high levels of disdain, nor passionate defenders of either film. Both financially are far from failures, but... NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE FILMS THEMSELVES. Not enough to hate on either or praise.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:08 AM   #685
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Not true. The Dark Knight Rises is well-liked by audiences. IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, metacritic, and many other sites can tell you the same not to mention it got an A cinemascore.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #686
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Not true. The Dark Knight Rises is well-liked by audiences. IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, metacritic, and many other sites can tell you the same not to mention it got an A cinemascore.

Ask people, not websites. And... before you slap me around with "where do the opinions on those websites come from?" just answer me this truthfully: The vast majority of people that go to see movies, do they go anywhere online and give their opinion about what they just watched, or how they feel about any damned entertainment? My answer is no. Most don't. The sample size of respondents/posters on these sites are just not sufficient to make any kind of proclamation about the popularity of these films. Ask your friends and family, if they have seen both. Ask anyone who has seen these films, and especially ask those who are either older or not genre fans. Most will go "Eh, it was ok, I guess". People in the real world just yawn, at both of them. And it's a hard thing for us fanboy types to swallow. But it's the truth. Nether disdain nor praise. You can quote me RT/Metacritic/IMDB all day. The fact is outside of my circle of fan friends, most everyone I have spoken to about those films (and the reason I ever asked about either is the freakin' bloodbaths of opinion wars both films produced online) have no strong opinion of TDKR or SM3.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #687
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Ask people, not websites. And... before you slap me around with "where do the opinions on those websites come from?" just answer me this truthfully: The vast majority of people that go to see movies, do they go anywhere online and give their opinion about what they just watched, or how they feel about any damned entertainment? My answer is no. Most don't.
Are you focusing on forums and critic sites? Youtube and Facebook have lots of casual viewers stating their their thoughts

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Old 08-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #688
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Are you focusing on forums and critic sites? Youtube and Facebook have lots of casual viewers stating their their thoughts

Yeah, I would say I'm focusing on the aggregate rating sites. Most likely because I'm not in the NSA and can't be bothered to sift through every youtube video or facebook post. But even then, those viewers that do those sort of things are in the minority, and it's not by a slim number, at this point in human civilization everyone who partakes in some kind of online activity is not a representative of what most people on our fare planet do. Sorry, but we don't reflect the world... YET. Give it 40-50 years. Maybe not even then.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #689
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
Nobody means the uma Thurman movie. Not even uma Thurman means the uma Thurman movie.
Poor Uma.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #690
Jumpin' Jack
Zero Gravity

I was actually angry at some changes made in Kick-Ass, such as Big Daddy's back story and the whole Jetpack thing.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #691
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpin' Jack View Post
I was actually angry at some changes made in Kick-Ass, such as Big Daddy's back story and the whole Jetpack thing.
I didn't like the jet-pack at first either. Watching the film again some time later, it didn't bother me. As a stand-alone story, distancing it from the comic, the jet-pack suits the films level of silliness. It's still kind of out of left field, but it's no less outrageous than a lot of the other things going on.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #692
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I loved Evans as Cap in TFA. In Avengers i hated him, he didn't come across as the same character, it didn't feel like Rogers just Evans in a different costume, he was whiny and sanctimonious and just Ughhh

Quote:
I liked Ang Lee's Hulk. I think it's quite underrated.
Quote:
I love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Same here.

Only reason I didn't like it originally was because I was expecting more crazy action when I saw it in the theater. On second viewing I watched it for what it was and really enjoyed it.

I like it a lot more than TIH, which is funny since TIH has way more action in it.

Although I love Ed Norton as an actor, I prefer Bana's Bruce. The Hulk's soundtrack was also pretty good too. I can't even remember what TIH's sounded like.
Agreed, much prefer HULK.

Quote:
I'm starting to get a bit annoyed at RDJ as Tony Stark...
Quote:
I don't like how he's the centre of the mcu...
Agreed.

Quote:
As well... I feel we should see some maturity from him at this point in the MCU, if they put him in Guardians of The Galaxy I'm going to flip...
i'm a big GOTG fan, they better not shoehorn him or any unrelated avenger characters

Quote:
He lifted the universe up, it's only his right to be top boss
He was the first thats all, he doesn't have the right to have everything connect through him

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 08-10-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #693
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
I loved Evans as Cap in TFA. In Avengers i hated him, he didn't come across as the same character, it didn't feel like Rogers just Evans in a different costume, he was whiny and sanctimonious and just Ughhh
The problem IMO was that Avengers was a sequel to many movies and Captain America of them all needed to follow his own storyline, get adapted to the 21st Century, deal with his long gone past. But given the story of Avengers and the fact that it's about a bunch of equally important characters, Cap. America's storyline had to be reduced (maybe saved for the sequel) and without his context, the character is left there, just floating. There is, though, a theme about becoming a leader, but it was rather superfluous.

Old 08-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #694
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

I love the 1995 Judge Dredd, that movie is great and underrated, some direction and casting points might be problematic, but it is gold, unfortunately hated by people

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Old 08-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #695
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Quote:
Ask people, not websites. And... before you slap me around with "where do the opinions on those websites come from?" just answer me this truthfully: The vast majority of people that go to see movies, do they go anywhere online and give their opinion about what they just watched, or how they feel about any damned entertainment? My answer is no. Most don't. The sample size of respondents/posters on these sites are just not sufficient to make any kind of proclamation about the popularity of these films. Ask your friends and family, if they have seen both. Ask anyone who has seen these films, and especially ask those who are either older or not genre fans. Most will go "Eh, it was ok, I guess". People in the real world just yawn, at both of them. And it's a hard thing for us fanboy types to swallow. But it's the truth. Nether disdain nor praise. You can quote me RT/Metacritic/IMDB all day. The fact is outside of my circle of fan friends, most everyone I have spoken to about those films (and the reason I ever asked about either is the freakin' bloodbaths of opinion wars both films produced online) have no strong opinion of TDKR or SM3.
I knew you would say that. Do you have any proof of this? Whether you like it or not, those websites are the closest things you have any type of national consensus barring that you actually go around ask every person who's seen the movie. As far I know, it's just your opinion against actual facts that I brought up from many film consensus websites. All those people from all those websites can't be fanboys. That's not a how movie makes a billion, more of the time.

With your logic, I can say that about most movies because I can't go out and ask every person who's seen the movie if they liked it or not.

Quote:

Last edited by Mrs. Sawyer; 08-10-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #696
Blitzkrieg Bop
The Dark Side

The Dark Knight Rises is awesome.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #697
The Navigator
Punch Punch Punch

Quote:
I love the 1995 Judge Dredd, that movie is great and underrated, some direction and casting points might be problematic, but it is gold, unfortunately hated by people
It's an awesome, bad movie. I enjoy it as it's own thing,

Old 08-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #698
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
Imo, every change from comic to movie for Kick-Ass was for the better.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #699
SuperFerret
Hype Elitist

Quote:
You can do that with any movie. Unless it's a pop culture changing runaway phenomenon or well-known to be complete crap, most people are not going to give most movies (or entertainment in general) a second thought.

H.E.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #700
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
The Dark Knight Rises is awesome.
10/10 for me based on the enjoyment meter
And I'm neither biased as a Batman fan nor as a Christopher Nolan fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Navigator View Post
It's an awesome, bad movie. I enjoy it as it's own thing,

At least you enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Imo, every change from comic to movie for Kick-Ass was for the better.
I understand the changes, I still don't care for most of them
The changes I do like is Dave not seeing his mother's spirit in the hospital, and not burning his comics

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Closed Thread