The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-14-2013, 04:33 AM   #101
robot
Side-Kick

Default Re: Crowd Reports!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Robot, u still haven't watched it yet!!!??? and u dare to bet on 1B!!!
They screwed me over here in my country. They always sold tickets only 4 days ahead.. but this time, they opened up more than a week before.. i didn't know about it, and by the time I knew, Fri/Sat was totally sold out (this was a week out, last sunday)... so, I had to buy Sunday's tickets...

Oh, if you read my initial Prediction, I did say I was being optimistic... I didn't want to be 'the professor, the expert predictor, and taking it too seriously'... so, 1B was an all round number for me... I know it'll make at least 800M, so, why not 1B? Seems like a cool number for me...

And for some reason, I still think it could happen...

People take their predictions too seriously... I hated it when people made it seem like it was an 'afront' to them personally when someone predicts a billion.. and the fact is, NO ONE KNOWS... so many act like they are stock market analysts or something... (and we all know, no one can predict the stock market)....

robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:36 AM   #102
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Imax in Chicago, applause at the end.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:38 AM   #103
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
I agree with CrimsonDeath , Superman showed the appropriate response.
Absolutely!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The way I saw it, Zod simply was toying with Superman. Supes truly did plead and plead with Zod and had this look on his face coming to the realization of Zods fate. He DIDN'T WANT TO DO SO but Zod's "NEVER" gave him no choice. Cavill pulled off a heart-felt performance in a controversial scene. Again, his pleads to Zod spoke of fear and warning. I loved it. So did all else.

I can't praise Cavill enough....

Old 06-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #104
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Just got back from a 10pm 3D screening in BC. I was a little worried going in but thought it did a great job of reintroducing the character. I think the word of mouth will be strong.

First off I want to say the romance between Superman and Lois wasn't nearly as bad as some critics made it out to be. Tons of action and an applause followed at the end. The 3D was also very well done. It wasn't jarring or distracting at all. Also my sister's scenes made it into the movie. I think she may have had a line or two but I don't remember. They finally credited her IMDB page so here it is.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0856866/

Astrodust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #105
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Oh and Cavill was great in this film. So much emotion and awesome range. I loved the part where he
flew up and ripped a whole into that space ship

Astrodust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:50 AM   #106
Migu-EL
Side-Kick

Wow.... I'm truly at a loss for words. This movie is amazing. I just got back from seeing it and am still trying to digest the awesomeness of this movie. I can't remember ever having such high expectations for a film and having those expectations be exceeded. When I first arrived at the theater, the crowd wasn't huge, but a half hour before the film it got crowded pretty fast.

The last fight with Zod,
when Supes broke Zod's neck got a big holy sh#& reaction from a bunch of people
, I totally didn't see that coming. At the end of the film everyone applauded. It was an epic event for sure.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:52 AM   #107
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot View Post
They screwed me over here in my country. They always sold tickets only 4 days ahead.. but this time, they opened up more than a week before.. i didn't know about it, and by the time I knew, Fri/Sat was totally sold out (this was a week out, last sunday)... so, I had to buy Sunday's tickets...

Oh, if you read my initial Prediction, I did say I was being optimistic... I didn't want to be 'the professor, the expert predictor, and taking it too seriously'... so, 1B was an all round number for me... I know it'll make at least 800M, so, why not 1B? Seems like a cool number for me...

And for some reason, I still think it could happen...

People take their predictions too seriously... I hated it when people made it seem like it was an 'afront' to them personally when someone predicts a billion.. and the fact is, NO ONE KNOWS... so many act like they are stock market analysts or something... (and we all know, no one can predict the stock market)....
oh man, how could u wait for that long!!! where do you train from? lol
u should have visited other malls!!! just travel a bit pls. hehe

Old 06-14-2013, 04:55 AM   #108
robot
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
oh man, how could u wait for that long!!! where do you train from? lol
u should have visited other malls!!! just travel a bit pls. hehe
HAHA... actually I purposely watched movies on the 2 newest IMAX to see which one is better (basically auditioning them), so I pretty much had to watch it on the Imax for the first time... I would not want to go to some tiny ass screen somewhere with crappy projector and sound system...

Old 06-14-2013, 05:05 AM   #109
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot View Post
HAHA... actually I purposely watched movies on the 2 newest IMAX to see which one is better (basically auditioning them), so I pretty much had to watch it on the Imax for the first time... I would not want to go to some tiny ass screen somewhere with crappy projector and sound system...
o i c. you r a man with requirement and certain standard. respect. hehe

Old 06-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #110
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Crowd was generally pleased.

A few were upset (like me) that there was no after credits scene.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:19 AM   #111
SuperBatman
Side-Kick

Jusst got back from it and I got to say this movie was great. The audience I was with seem to enjoy it as well. It was a packed house. Spoiler about the end don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

You know when I 1st heard of how Zod died I was a little spectcale but after seeing it on screen you know that Superman really didn't have a choice

Overall a pretty good movie will probably go see it again.

SuperBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:36 AM   #112
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Crowd was generally pleased.

A few were upset (like me) that there was no after credits scene.
The second time around, a lot of people stayed. Some dudes I passed on the front row stayed. I stepped aside, tapped the one on the shoulder and said "You guys stayin for the end-credits? There are none, I've seen it once already.."

Whoever stayed were probably disappointed haha. Personally, I'm happy with it. Let the sequel do more of the talkin to a connected world.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:13 AM   #113
Kalonthar

Crowd seemed to enjoy it. People were obviously shocked at that certain point as others have mentioned. There was clapping at the end, which I felt compelled to join in on. Next step for these crowd reports is seeing reactions from crowds that aren't full of fans that would show up for such early screenings. I mean, these are the crowds that are bound to end up clapping for the film, so it'll be nice to see reactions from a more general audience.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #114
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Nice enthusiastic crowd here in LA. Lots of people wearing Superman shirts and even a few guys wearing red towels as capes.

There was a ton of applause after the battle of Smallville, when Supes emerges from underneath the train. Well, before Supes shows up. I have no idea what that was about, honestly!

Applause for Supes killing Zod. Nobody here had a problem with it....

Old 06-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #115
DCW
Side-Kick

Huge applause at the end of my showing. Loved it!

DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #116
Blake II
Banned User

A nice applause but then some boos when the people that stuck around found out that there wasn't a post-credit scene.

Good movie. Best action scenes I've ever seen in a superhero movie but it lacked depth in it's story and I felt as if the first half tried cramming too many things and rushing it as well.

Blake II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #117
whatthehckeric
Newbie First Class

Fremont CA over here.

XD Theater with Dolby Atmos. Standing applause by MANY. I was one of them, the movie was thoroughly enjoyable. I was at the edge of my seat the whole time. I brought along my mother who hates these kinds of movies and she absolutely loved it!

whatthehckeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:22 AM   #118
robot
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthehckeric View Post
Fremont CA over here.

XD Theater with Dolby Atmos. Standing applause by MANY. I was one of them, the movie was thoroughly enjoyable. I was at the edge of my seat the whole time. I brought along my mother who hates these kinds of movies and she absolutely loved it!
How do you compare Dolby Atmos with the regular 7.1?

Old 06-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #119
NADALWON
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake II View Post
A nice applause but then some boos when the people that stuck around found out that there wasn't a post-credit scene.
lol marvel people.

NADALWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #120
NADALWON
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake II View Post

Good movie. Best action scenes I've ever seen in a superhero movie but it lacked depth in it's story and I felt as if the first half tried cramming too many things and rushing it as well.
That's good to hear, as I was hoping they didn't waste too much time on the backstory. Sounds like Snyder used the 143 minutes wisely, allowing plenty of time for the action.

NADALWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #121
robot
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NADALWON View Post
That's good to hear, as I was hoping they didn't waste too much time on the backstory. Sounds like Snyder used the 143 minutes wisely, allowing plenty of time for the action.
Anyone knows how much the 143mins is from opening/end credits? Basically how long is the 'actual movie?'

Old 06-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #122
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

The showing I went to was packed and the overall feeling was that the audience was pleased but also taken back as the film was intense and quite raw with a deep edge to it unlike the original 1978 Superman: The movie which was very flamboyant and fun in a comic book sense, this film is more realistic and heavy. Also people were disappointed by no after-credit scene ala Marvel's Cinematic Universe forumla.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #123
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

My girlfriend and myself went to the 7pm showing last night, it was packed. She dressed up in her supergirl costume and I wore the muscle shaded superman shirt with a red cape (hey I'm a pretty skinny dude). A bigger guy showed up and said "That's awesome, I was going to wear my cape but I chickened out. Now I wish I would have." It was fun, people laughed at the appropriate times and loved the movie overall. She snapped this picture when I wasn't expecting it otherwise I would have had a different look on my face LOL

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."
Mike_D202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #124
robot
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_D202 View Post
My girlfriend and myself went to the 7pm showing last night, it was packed. She dressed up in her supergirl costume and I wore the muscle shaded superman shirt with a red cape (hey I'm a pretty skinny dude). A bigger guy showed up and said "That's awesome, I was going to wear my cape but I chickened out. Now I wish I would have." It was fun, people laughed at the appropriate times and loved the movie overall. She snapped this picture when I wasn't expecting it otherwise I would have had a different look on my face LOL

Awesomeness... !!! I wish more ppl would go out dressed for the occasion...

Old 06-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #125
Super Kal
Side-Kick

i forgot to mention that in my theater, the ending got a HUGE ovation... nothing like that with Superman Returns, or any other movie that i've ever seen.