One System to Rule them all.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #577
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyte_Sun View Post
One System to Rule them all.
Hey, that's pretty good.....tell no one I said this.....*slithers back to lurking on the PS threads*

Old 08-10-2013, 01:40 AM   #578
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania
I honestly think MS has more "younger" players as well.. CoD cheaters/trash talkers for example.
The younger audience will go with whatevers popular... It was Xbox 360 for a long time so if PS4 is the dominant console initially, odds are those same people will follow. Hell, most of those young kids only play COD because it's what all their friends play... They only got 360's so they could play online with those same people.

Choosing a next gen console based on current social trends is a tad premature.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #579
Donut
Side-Kick

Microsoft says Kinect doesn't have to be plugged in at all. Speaking to IGN, Microsoft's Marc Whitten shared the news that the Xbox One will indeed work without Kinect.

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-wont-actu...oso-1113142909

Last edited by Donut; 08-12-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #580
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

They are so close to just announcing the Kinect-less SKU, and it's going to push the Kinect 2.0 into the same realm as the Kinect, where not everyone has it and developers will stop bothering with it.

Microsoft's unwillingness to stick to their guns about anything Xbox One related is really disheartening for me. They had a vision, and were ****** about describing it, but at least it seemed focused.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #581
jacobed
Banned User

I like that they were trying something different. They saw the reaction and they have effectively changed things for the better. I think they're still very focused on what they want the system to be but they're making it more friendly to the people who don't want it for all the extra stuff it can do. I for one will be getting the kinect version because I'm a big fan of the thing mostly what it does with voice recognition and the misses loves playing games with me on it.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #582
Havok83
Side-Kick

the one thing Im concerned about in regards to MS backtracking on everything is that gamers will become even more entitled going into this next gen. As long as you complain and you're loud enough about it, publishers will do what you say. We kind of saw this with ME3 but this is on a much bigger scale and has larger implications

Old 08-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #583
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
Microsoft says Kinect doesn't have to be plugged in at all. Speaking to IGN, Microsoft's Marc Whitten shared the news that the Xbox One will indeed work without Kinect.

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-wont-actu...oso-1113142909
Good, so nothing is stopping them from releasing a cheaper One without a kinect.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #584
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

now that's what I was waiting for!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #585
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Glad there's one less thing for haters to complain about but hope the Kinect is still included with every system. It HAS to be in there to get support from developers.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #586
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
It HAS to be in there to get support from developers.
But no one is going to use it & they will get MORE CUSTOMERS with a no Kinect & cheaper bundle. Which is Microsofts bottom line. They will lose customers with the way things are now

Old 08-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #587
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

More people will use it if it's with every console and if it gets the support from developers it should because of that, it gives them their wild card that differentiates them from PS4.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #588
Donut
Side-Kick

Only sales will determine what happens at this point. Unless Microsoft does announce a cheaper Kinectless system. No doubt the launch sales will be good. But the legs & life will be whats important

Old 08-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #589
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Well if MS only sticks with one thing from their original announcement (and I think this might be the only one left) I hope it's a Kinect with every unit. I really do see a great future for it if they stick with it.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #590
Donut
Side-Kick

We will see what happens. There could also be a whole bunch of people. That decides & waits & see what Microsoft does. That forces low sales after launch etc. So many things can happen & Microsoft can only blame themselves

Old 08-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #591
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Glad there's one less thing for haters to complain about but hope the Kinect is still included with every system. It HAS to be in there to get support from developers.
and I don't think the majority of people care about that. Most people would rather have a cheaper console than Kinect with support

Old 08-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #592
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

this is one reason why, regardless of the system, I'm going to wait at least a year before getting a next gen console.

who knows. come Holiday 2014, there very well may be a Kinect-Less model that's $100 cheaper.

the announcement today is very encouraging, though.

whereas before it was pretty much a sure thing I'd get a PS4, now I'm leaning towards the X1 again.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #593
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Both systems could have easily been $500 if Sony wasn't so desperate to have an edge, and no one would've batted an eye. PS4 being less gives the illusion that MS is trying to fv(k us, but it's a perfectly acceptable price for a new console.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #594
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Both systems could have easily been $500 if Sony wasn't so desperate to have an edge, and no one would've batted an eye. PS4 being less gives the illusion that MS is trying to fv(k us, but it's a perfectly acceptable price for a new console.
yeah it could have been but the fact is it isn't and that's all that matters. They released an overpriced system before and that didn't work out too well for them. Its called learning from one's mistakes.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #595
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

I think Microsoft will be fine as things are now. They've built a huge community with the 360 where many will simply wanna stick with the familiar. The used games/online policies were controversial enough to sway people, but with all the reversals, I think a lot are gonna stick around. PS4 will sell more simply because it's cheaper, but I think X1 will sell enough for them to stick to Kinect and their Gold features.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #596
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

well.......MS could just release a $100 cheaper, Kinect-less version............

just sayin........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #597
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I dunno.

It's not a $100 price difference everywhere else in the world anyway.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #598
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
They are so close to just announcing the Kinect-less SKU, and it's going to push the Kinect 2.0 into the same realm as the Kinect, where not everyone has it and developers will stop bothering with it.

Microsoft's unwillingness to stick to their guns about anything Xbox One related is really disheartening for me. They had a vision, and were ****** about describing it, but at least it seemed focused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
the one thing Im concerned about in regards to MS backtracking on everything is that gamers will become even more entitled going into this next gen. As long as you complain and you're loud enough about it, publishers will do what you say. We kind of saw this with ME3 but this is on a much bigger scale and has larger implications
Have to admit, I'm a little concerned by that too. After Microsoft dropped the invasive DRM I was satisfied with seeing the console war going forward and seeing how Kinect 2.0 would work when it came to the Xbox. I guess preorder sales were so concerning they felt the need to change up their plans again.

At the end of the day, you'd like to see a company stick to their beliefs a little more, even if you disagree with them. With no Kinect, there truly is nothing that makes the XBone stick out from the PS4 (aside from live TV).

Them releasing a Kinect free Xbox One will definitely make me change my stance on getting one a few years out when the prices go down as my second console. That and some killer exclusives that aren't Halo/GoW. But I wish Microsoft had a little more backbone here lol.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #599
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Are you complaining that Sony undercut Microsoft? Sony has been upfront about how the PS4 didn't cost nearly as much to make as the PS3 did, and that allowed them to price it at 400 dollars.

Why are you whining that a console is 100 dollars cheaper? That's a good thing!

Old 08-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #600
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I kinda agree... Especially since for so many people, the sentiment seems to be:

Microsoft promising console with big changes = Money grubbing, greedy, arrogance

&

Microsoft backflipping on every major console decision, stripping away all unique features = Microsoft 'listening' to fans, evening the playing field.

This type of thinking does worry me a tad.

Closed Thread