The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #701
HardBawl
Banned User

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 3

LOL@Soapy: Seriously, the fact that you took the time to get all of that and than post it LOL

You need to find something to do with your time LOL

Old 08-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #702
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardBawl View Post
LOL@Soapy: Seriously, the fact that you took the time to get all of that and than post it LOL

So do you "LOL"

Old 08-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #703
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

The white one is pretty slick looking and it's pretty cool that Microsoft is giving it to their employees.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #704
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

How about we just stop antagonizing posters

Old 08-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #705
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
The white one is pretty slick looking and it's pretty cool that Microsoft is giving it to their employees.
I don't usually like white consoles, but this time it looks better than the black

Old 08-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #706
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
White Xbox looks sooo good, MS should really release that system to the masses, or at least allow people to chose color scheme.

I want that white one
it pains me to say this......

but I agree with you on that.

the white X1 does look good.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #707
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:

It took all of five minutes to make that post, if that. Copying and pasting isn't hard.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #708
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Damn, I want that white one and I always prefer black for this kind of hardware.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #709
HardBawl
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
It took all of five minutes to make that post, if that. Copying and pasting isn't hard.
Haha, exaggeration, that took you more than five minutes. In any event, that's at least five minutes you'll never get back HAHA lol

Old 08-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #710
HardBawl
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
So do you "LOL"
EL OH EL

Old 08-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #711
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Haha, exaggeration, that took you more than five minutes. In any event, that's at least five minutes you'll never get back HAHA lol
Enough is enough! This bickering is over and done with.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #712
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/08/the...on-november-8/
Rumoured Nov 8 release date.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #713
Benstamania
Cool... But rude.

Quote:
Enough is enough! This bickering is over and done with.

*Throws party*

Revelation 22:20
Old 08-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #714
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardBawl

But nah, I just dig Xbox.
I did too, until about 2010....the Original Xbox is one of my favorite consoles of all time but I think the Xbox I loved no longer exists...the 360 was good for a while and I was proud to have one but over time it just led to the Microsoft becoming what it is now...just a entertainment system instead of a gaming one. Outside of Halo, Microsoft doesn't have many long-lasting franchises like Sony does. They pay for exclusive DLC to make their console special but maybe my nostalgia for the "old" Xbox just blinds me from liking the "new" Xbox.

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #715
HardBawl
Banned User

I still dug and dig Xbox, till the end!

I like PS also, but I didn't get my PS3 until late 2009, they had absolutely nothing but rubbish for the first several years of its life. I expect the PS4 to be the same, with the exception of the slew of indy titles that can run on a PS1.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #716
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I still dug and dig Xbox, till the end!

I like PS also, but I didn't get my PS3 until late 2009, they had absolutely nothing but rubbish for the first several years of its life. I expect the PS4 to be the same, with the exception of the slew of indy titles that can run on a PS1.
I don't see that happening. I think the exact opposite of what happened with the PlayStation 3's bungled launch. Sony's first party efforts have improved leaps and bounds during the PlayStation 3 era and the PlayStation 4 will see titles from SCE Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, and Media Molecule be released within the early years of the PlayStation 4 on top of the Killzone and inFamous sequels. And the PlayStation 4 isn't going to have the development issues that the PlayStation 3 had that made multiplatform games superior on the Xbox 360 during the early years either.

I think that this might actually be the first generation where we might actually see a non-Nintendo console have one or two MUST HAVE first party titles right at launch with the Xbox One's Forza and Ryse and the PlayStation 4's Killzone and Knack. Really impressive IMO, especially since both consoles appear to have them. Usually, it's the third party titles that shine with the PlayStation and Xbox consoles at launch while the first party titles are rather lame and dull.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #717
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I don't usually like white consoles, but this time it looks better than the black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Damn, I want that white one and I always prefer black for this kind of hardware.
It's because we're not allowed to have it. Hue

Old 08-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #718
jonathancrane
Hank Pym > Scott Lang

I hope it does not end up the shelves Nov. 8, as I won't have all of my money put back yet (Amazon is listing Christmas, and I hope it holds.)

[COLOR="Red"]"Superman gains two new powers in this imagining: Mega-Angst and Hipster Lumberjack Cred. A young Kal-El faces off against General Zod to save Earth, kind of like Christopher Reeve did back in Superman II, but without any of that pesky “fun” that people hate so much in their superhero movies."--Rifftrax
Old 08-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #719
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

They should release it on 11/12/13. I thought game companies were supposed to love dates like that.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #720
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
I hope it does not end up the shelves Nov. 8, as I won't have all of my money put back yet (Amazon is listing Christmas, and I hope it holds.)
Christmas was a placeholder date. They had Xmas pretty much straight after the XB1 was first announced & same for Playstation. As soon as the real date is announced any day now they'll change it.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #721
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Yeah, there's no way they ship after (or on) Black Friday. The question right now is how many units can they make and feel good about for a release date. The earlier they release the less units they have available, there are plenty of rumors that MS is cranking these out slower than they would like.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #722
Havok83
Side-Kick

why in the heck would anyone believe that they would release a console on Christmas Day? Its a national holiday and all major retailers which would sell this are closed. Then there's the shipping services which will be closed as well so online retailers wouldnt be sending anything out. Maybe Walmart might be open but even then do you think MS would launch their console exclusively to one retail chain? Not to mention people are not going to stores to shop bc they are with their families or on vacation during that day. Think about it people.....

Old 08-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #723
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Yeah, I read that Christmas release date as just a placeholder to tell people it'll be around that date. Either before or after, but definitely not on it.

My first question, whenever I'm buying something in a color scheme, is if it comes in black. But, that white Xbox One looks pretty nice. Seems like a nice gift for Micosoft employees.

I was bothered by Mircosoft's decisions before and at E3. But, lately with all the backtracking...I'm kinda left confused by them. I'm not confident in their vision. I am confident in their online service, that it will run. I can't say the same about Sony, but I'm into their vision. And say what you will about what Micosoft's plans were before, they certainly appeared to be committed. But, now I don't know how confident they are in their plans, or if there even is an actual plan anymore. The Kinect thing, and how it's no longer required, just has me wanting to wait for a version that won't come with it and probably have a lower price because of it.

I mean, that has to be what will happen next. Right?

Last edited by ChrisBaleBatman; 08-28-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #724
Donut
Side-Kick

This will be released before Black Friday if Microsoft was smart

Old 08-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #725
HardBawl
Banned User

Quote:
I don't see that happening. I think the exact opposite of what happened with the PlayStation 3's bungled launch. Sony's first party efforts have improved leaps and bounds during the PlayStation 3 era and the PlayStation 4 will see titles from SCE Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, and Media Molecule be released within the early years of the PlayStation 4 on top of the Killzone and inFamous sequels. And the PlayStation 4 isn't going to have the development issues that the PlayStation 3 had that made multiplatform games superior on the Xbox 360 during the early years either.

I think that this might actually be the first generation where we might actually see a non-Nintendo console have one or two MUST HAVE first party titles right at launch with the Xbox One's Forza and Ryse and the PlayStation 4's Killzone and Knack. Really impressive IMO, especially since both consoles appear to have them. Usually, it's the third party titles that shine with the PlayStation and Xbox consoles at launch while the first party titles are rather lame and dull.

Maybe.
But I don't agree with that statement, not to its entirety anyway, but its all really just a matter of opinion anyway.

That said, my problem with the PS4 launch is their really aren't *any* interesting exclusives at or around launch *except* Infamous and Killzone, of which both of those I find only a mild interest in at best anyway.

Killzone is just okay to me because there are just so many other better shooters being released that look to be far superior, and Infamous, because the universe and world it takes place in has never been one I found very interesting to begin with. Just pretty generic.

So, my problem with PS4 is that there are *no* games I absolutely have to have at its launch, and further more that I am willing to spend 60$ on.

Couple that fact with nothing announced on the horizon except some phantoms and empty promises, of which knowing Sony, they have a reputation of either canceling games entirely, like The Last Guardian, or making announcements and than not releasing the game for four +years, like Killzone 2, which was announced at E3 2005, and not released until 2009.

I'm thankfully pleased that I never purchased a PS3 at its launch, Sony had so many games promised that were never released for a very long time, YEARS, Gran Turismo 5 being another one of them.

That said, I see no reason to buy a PS4 until Sony *Shows Me The Games*, and not empty hollow announcements, but on store shelves.
I'm not biting until I see tons of stuff on the retail shelves that I want.

So yeah, I'm gonna pass on the paper wight thank you.

In the meantime, MS is absolutely the safe bet for me, and an instant value for a day one purchase with upcoming hot exclusive titles in:
Forza 5, Quantum Break, Ryse: Son of Rome, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, Fable Legends, Killer Instinct, Halo 5, Crimson Dragon, and Project Spark for starters.

As well as the very strong third party line up in:
The Witcher 3, Elder Scrolls Online, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag, Metal Gear Solid 5, Dragon Age Inquisition, Battlefield 4, and COD Ghosts plus so many, many more.

So yeah, its really a no brainer.

Microsoft has the games beeyotches!

Last edited by HardBawl; 08-28-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Closed Thread