Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #801
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 3

Eight playable Xbox One games at Tokyo Game Show

(5 hours ago)

Microsoft and the Xbox One will be in attendance at next week's Tokyo Game Show, despite the next-gen system still lacking a Japanese release date. The company announced eight playable Xbox One games for the show floor, including Crimson Dragon and Titanfall.

The eight Xbox One games slated for TGS are FIFA 14, Kinect Sports Rivals, Crimson Dragon, Forza 5, Ryse, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, Killer Instinct, and Titanfall. There'll also be a Xbox 360 section with 21 playable games, featuring the likes of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, and Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z among others.

The news comes a month after Microsoft announced its return to TGS, having declined invitations last year to instead "focus on smaller, more localized promotions." A shiny, new, expensively developed system warrants attendance, of course, although the Xbox One could really do with a release date; Japan is not one of the 13 markets getting the console on November 22, and it isn't clear when the next-gen console will arrive there.

The Tokyo Game Show, starting September 19, seems ripe opportunity to disclose more details, particularly since Sony played its hand earlier this week; the PS4 comes to Japan next year on February 22. Microsoft has previously stated it will hold an event in Japan at an "appropriate time" to divulge more details on the console's launch.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #802
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I can't confirm but that's what it looks like from the dashboard leak. You should be able to minimise the app or the game and be in the dashboard to choose a new application. And then minimise again and revert to what you were doing. That was without Kinect and I'd imagine the voice controls on Kinect would make the change more direct and even smoother.
Thats what i thought but wasnt sure. Thats deff a feature id use a bunch. I find myself flipping back and forth between a game and sports events ALL the time, especially during basketball season.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #803
Havok83
Side-Kick

What's the point of MS even going to TGS when they aren't trying to cater to the Japanese audience and aren't launching there anytime soon?

Old 09-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #804
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Thats what i thought but wasnt sure. Thats deff a feature id use a bunch. I find myself flipping back and forth between a game and sports events ALL the time, especially during basketball season.
Me too. I've bought additional TVs but it's not really practical outside the lounge. I end up missing some sporting events altogether because I choose games over them.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #805
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
God I keep forgetting how ugly the XB1 is. Thank God its black and it will blend in with the shadows lol

Old 09-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #806
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

lol

They harkened back to their debut days I suppose.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 09-14-2013, 11:27 PM   #807
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
What's the point of MS even going to TGS when they aren't trying to cater to the Japanese audience and aren't launching there anytime soon?
Because Western outlets still report on it. It gets as much coverage as E3 and more than a lot of other major conventions like Gamescom. It may be promoting directly to Japan, but it indirectly goes basically everywhere.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #808
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xbox One Will Launch In Japan Next Year. September 17, 2013 . 5:01pm

Xbox One has a couple of games geared for the Japanese market like Crimson Dragon from the creator of Panzer Dragoon, D4 from Deadly Premonition director Swery65, an upcoming game from Phantom Breaker developer Mages, and WonderFlick from Level-5.

Quote:

Xbox One launches in 13 territories this November, but Japan isnít one of them. Microsoft confirmed their next console will be available in Japan sometime in 2014.

Xbox One has a couple of games geared for the Japanese market like Crimson Dragon from the creator of Panzer Dragoon, D4 from Deadly Premonition director Swery65, an upcoming game from Phantom Breaker developer Mages, and WonderFlick from Level-5.

source:Siliconera

Old 09-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #809
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

Why...WHY IS IT SO PUG FUGLY?!!!

Whoever came up with that design should just resign.

Design Team: "Okay we'll make it into a regular box except we'll have half glossy black and the other matte black. Boom."

Microsoft:
"...genius."

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."

Last edited by Mike_D202; 09-19-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #810
Soapy
It's happening again...

It's not much different, but I actually think the new 360 looks better than the Xbone.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #811
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Where are the air vents on XB1?

Old 09-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #812
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Looks like either the side or the top or both. Any place with little holes I assume could be an air vent.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #813
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

It just looks really industrial. I think the reason it looks the way it does, and why it is so much larger than the PS4, is how overly cautious they were to not repeat a RROD situation. Big console with plenty of breathing room and a lot of vents.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #814
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Yeah I'm sure that played a big part in the design. I hope there aren't air vents on top so that I can stack it with other hardware.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #815
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I'm getting a press hands on next tuesday as well as a chat with someone from Capcom and Crytek. I'll be sure to post my impressions in here for you chaps :P

Btw, who else is getting the Xbone at launch?

Old 09-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #816
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I'm getting it at launch.

Also get to play it in a week's time at Eurogamer for 2 days.

Look forward to your report mate.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #817
Donut
Side-Kick

I'm getting it at launch myself

Old 09-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #818
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

First console I'm buying at launch and with my own hard-earned money.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #819
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
First console I'm buying at launch and with my own hard-earned money.
How many consoles have you owned previously

Old 09-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #820
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

Perhaps it's been said here before, but does anyone know the release date for the Xbox One console?

H.E.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #821
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

NES, Sega Genesis/32X, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, XBox, PS2 and 360.

The 360 was already out by the time I joined the workforce. I bought one used from a friend and received anther from my big bro when he switched to PC gaming. Don't really count those.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #822
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
Perhaps it's been said here before, but does anyone know the release date for the Xbox One console?
November 22nd.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #823
zenith16
Side-Kick

Features

Meet the Hardware of the Xbox One

Marissa takes a look at the powerful hardware of the Xbox One, and what it means for new games like Forza Motorsport 5 and Dead Rising 3.

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Old 09-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #824
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
NES, Sega Genesis/32X, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, XBox, PS2 and 360.

The 360 was already out by the time I joined the workforce. I bought one used from a friend and received anther from my big bro when he switched to PC gaming. Don't really count those.
man you make me feel old bc the Dreamcast was the first console I purchased on my own, but that was with saved up money from allowance and gifts. The PS2 back in 2001 was purchased purely on me working

Old 09-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #825
zenith16
Side-Kick

New Kinect can understand two people talking at once

(8 hours ago)

The new Kinect for Xbox One can pick up two people speaking at once and discern what each one is saying. Kinect Sports Rivals studio Rare sounded off on the sensor's features via a new video, as shown by Microsoft Corporate VP Phil Harrison to the audience at the Eurogamer Expo in London today.

"It can not only hear two people speaking at once and understand two people speaking at once," said New Technology Lead Developer Nick Burton, "It can also see if their mouths are moving in a completely dark room. And that allows us to do crazy levels of detail."

Included with every Xbox One, this Kinect is certainly a significant upgrade from its predecessor. The new sensor can detect 25 various joints for 6 different people, recognize which player is using which controller, estimate players' heart rates, map faces to 1,400 points, and tell you if you're too fat. Wait, one of those is the Balance Board... we bet the new Kinect can do that too, but we probably shouldn't give it any more ideas.

and

Xbox One will be around for more than 10 years, Harrison says

(3 hours ago)

Xbox One has an expected lifespan of more than 10 years, Microsoft Corporate VP Phil Harrison said during his Eurogamer Expo keynote address, Gamespot reports. Microsoft plans to support Xbox One for more than a decade with a variety of features and services, including the cloud, Harrison said.

The Xbox 360 turns 8 in November and Microsoft plans to support it for three more years, Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer Yusuf Mehdi said at the Citi Global Technology Conference earlier this month.

But let's be honest, this story is all just a clever ruse to get you to look at the image on that post again.
Source: Gamespot&YouTube

Closed Thread