The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #76
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 3

It's all personal taste. I don't mind my fights looking more cinematic with finishing moves. It's better than the usual hit X 3 times and the 4th time is a slow-mo power move.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #77
Dugath
Side-Kick

Can someone point me to something that will give me information (or just tell me) what exactly is happening with live ?

Will my current Gold membership carry over to the Xbox one ?

Or do I have to have separate memberships?

Old 06-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #78
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

It will carry over.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #79
Dugath
Side-Kick

Thanks for the Info.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #80
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyte_Sun View Post
I'm buying the full game when it is released. If they let me download it or buy it from a retailer to get all the bonus content, I will. I know this game will eventually have a package to allow me to play KI 1 and 2 arcade versions.

This whole issue of the machine being always on, the DRM issues, really doesn't bother me at all. Our Smartphones are always on (even when you power it off, it can still be turned on); can listen in and record us; all our clicks can and are logged and we are forced to be signed in to Google or Apple just to use the apps.

Nothing shocking or new about this system. Sony will eventually fold to the same platform too, either during the life of this console, or the next.
And when they do it will be at a later/welcome time and hopefully not as restrictive as what Microsoft is doing.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #81
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

I wish Kinect Sports had a basketball game. I loved the 3 point shootout on Wii Sports. Even did a perfect round once.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #82
Maximus One
Oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyte_Sun View Post
If you can log into your account from someone elses xbox, why would you want to take the whole console there?
I was just giving examples of the stuff I've heard about the system and asking if they're all true or not. The one thing y'all pick to even mention from my comments is the smallest problem I even mentioned. Maybe I wanna take my console over to a buddie's house who doesn't have one. It doesn't really matter why I would want to do something anyways what matters is the limitations they are putting on this system. No rented or used games is the biggest problem to me. That and absolutely having to connect to the Internet daily. I have Internet right now cuz I just moved back in with my parents temporarily but when I lived alone I just flat out couldn't have Internet because the wiring in the building was screwed up. That's a real problem for some people cuz I know a ton of people who don't play online or use Netflix or anything like that. They buy the systems for the one player games alone. I'm still torn whether I'll be getting one of these or not. For now and the forseeable future my 360 is just fine, wish I still had my ps3 though

Old 06-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #83
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
I was just giving examples of the stuff I've heard about the system and asking if they're all true or not. The one thing y'all pick to even mention from my comments is the smallest problem I even mentioned. Maybe I wanna take my console over to a buddie's house who doesn't have one. It doesn't really matter why I would want to do something anyways what matters is the limitations they are putting on this system.
thats bc that was the only thing from your post that didnt make any sense. If you want to take your console to a buddy's house, you can. I dont see any reason why you cant just move it. Thats not a limitation. Its not tethered to your house and theres no rule that it can only be used in the house it was set up in.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #84
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
I was just giving examples of the stuff I've heard about the system and asking if they're all true or not. The one thing y'all pick to even mention from my comments is the smallest problem I even mentioned. Maybe I wanna take my console over to a buddie's house who doesn't have one. It doesn't really matter why I would want to do something anyways what matters is the limitations they are putting on this system. No rented or used games is the biggest problem to me. That and absolutely having to connect to the Internet daily. I have Internet right now cuz I just moved back in with my parents temporarily but when I lived alone I just flat out couldn't have Internet because the wiring in the building was screwed up. That's a real problem for some people cuz I know a ton of people who don't play online or use Netflix or anything like that. They buy the systems for the one player games alone. I'm still torn whether I'll be getting one of these or not. For now and the forseeable future my 360 is just fine, wish I still had my ps3 though
Microsoft already commented on these issues. The system isn't for you. If you don't have a good, constant internet connection and/or rely on used games to play, this system isn't for you. They've made the decision for you. Stick with the 360 or switch to Sony.

Their slogan at this point is pretty much, "XBOX ONE. Don't like it? Go **** yourself."

Old 06-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #85
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
Their slogan at this point is pretty much, "XBOX ONE. Don't like it? Go **** yourself."
Pretty much this.

I'm curious to know the future of the XBox One down the road. Once in a while, the hardcore gamers like to pull out a SNES or a PS2 for the sake of nostalgia. I'm not sure gamers will be able to do the same thing ten years down the road. People should question what will happen to the console once Microsoft shuts down all the servers when the next generation after this upcoming one comes out.

I will go as far as to say that this will be the Windows Vista/Windows 8 of the gaming industry. At least in comparison to the success of the PS4.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 06-17-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #86
Nathan

I'm really interested in seeing where the X1 will be, in like 3 years, and they really stay behind all of their decision. I really want to see if X1 is the future. Will games in 3, 5 or 7 years completely blow the PS4 out of the water? Or was it all simply nothing but bs.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #87
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I'm really interested in seeing where the X1 will be, in like 3 years, and they really stay behind all of their decision. I really want to see if X1 is the future. Will games in 3, 5 or 7 years completely blow the PS4 out of the water? Or was it all simply nothing but bs.
They won't. The cloud computing stuff sounds like it can only handle smaller background details/computing. The PS4 has better RAM, which is the only real difference between the two, and the PS4 also has a cloud computing option. X1 has a lot of its memory reserved for all their Live TV and OS stuff.

So all totaled, the two are basically the same in terms of power.

MS wants an all digital future, which I'm fine with, I just don't understand why they need so many restrictions right out of the gate. Sony is going to continue offering Day 1 Digital and when I buy a digital copy of a game on PSN I'll be under similar restrictions to X1 digital sales, without all the extra nonsense killing single player and disc games.

From the sounds of it, they both have the capabilities to move into the digital future over this upcoming gen.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #88
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Microsoft Reveals The Price of Xbox One Games

Microsoft has announced it will sell its first-party games on Xbox One for $59.99, which is the same price most new releases are currently sold for.

Microsoft representatives confirmed the price to both Polygon and Kotaku, though it's worth noting this does mean titles published by third-parties could be sold for more.

While nothing official has been said about the price of PlayStation 4 games, Sony America CEO Jack Tretton suggested back in February that they too would be retailing for $60. He told CNBC, "We're going to welcome free-to-play models, games from $0.99 up to those $60 games."

Seeing as some retailers have been inviting pre-orders for up to $90 for a single game, it's a big relief to have it confirmed that these were just placeholder prices and not the real deal.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 06-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #89
Havok83
Side-Kick

That article is about a week too late. This isn't news. While nothing official has been said about PS4 games....does there need to be? They are the same price. I guess they'll make another article when Sony confirms the PS4 game prices

Old 06-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #90
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

I didn't realize it had already been confirmed. there's been quite a lot of info coming in over the last week.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 06-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #91
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:

It's funny 'cause it's true.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #92
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I didn't realize it had already been confirmed. there's been quite a lot of info coming in over the last week.
All the games are listed as $60 on the major retail sites. The preordering pages opened up last week with this info after the E3 conferences

Old 06-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #93
Kable24
Member of the NRA

http://electronictheatre.co.uk/artic...-plain-english

I wanted to share this because I think a lot of gamers are getting bent out of shape because MS is just not giving clear answers on questions.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #94
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Pretty much this.

I'm curious to know the future of the XBox One down the road. Once in a while, the hardcore gamers like to pull out a SNES or a PS2 for the sake of nostalgia. I'm not sure gamers will be able to do the same thing ten years down the road. People should question what will happen to the console once Microsoft shuts down all the servers when the next generation after this upcoming one comes out.

I will go as far as to say that this will be the Windows Vista/Windows 8 of the gaming industry. At least in comparison to the success of the PS4.
That video featuring Major Nelson a couple of days ago suggested it would be fine. All it would really take is a relaxing of the internet check requirement.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #95
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
All the games are listed as $60 on the major retail sites. The preordering pages opened up last week with this info after the E3 conferences
Yes. For some reason the UK sites have updated from the crazy placeholder prices to £54.99 for both XB1 & PS4 which would be a £10 rise. Hopefully this is just not properly amended yet or I won't be buying any games at launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable24 View Post

I wanted to share this because I think a lot of gamers are getting bent out of shape because MS is just not giving clear answers on questions.
Good read. I wonder whether there is a way of including friends as family. Probably not or everyone would buy 1/10 of the amount of games lol.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #96
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
Itís highly possible that Microsoft Studios could establish a system in which videogames can be played with offline if a disc is detected in the system
This makes perfect sense and I dont understand why it isnt an option. The primary reason why the system needs to do the daily verification is so that people cant just install the game on multiple systems, pretty much giving the game away for free. Why cant you circumvent this check if the disc is in the system? The disc should be the verification and if it isnt present, then it defaults to the online checks. That sounds like such a simple solution

Old 06-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #97
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Whatever the truth, Microsoft need some new execs for their gaming division.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #98
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:

eh......

it still sounds complicated and restrictive.

and if this is indeed the future of "digital" gaming consoles..........then after the PS4, I don't think I'll be too interested........

but I do agree, MS really does need to come out and just explain these issues. with one voice.

also, I don't see why the Kinect has to be connected to the console for the X1 to even function, even if you can disable the Kinect features.

if you don't really want to use Kinect, and you plan on disabling most of the features anyways, why not just be able to unplug the Kinect from the X1 and pack it away, so then you wouldn't have to worry about the Kinect "spying" on you.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #99
Hotwire
Pro-Customizer

Found this interesting.

http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-one-...--256457.phtml

Old 06-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #100
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Microsoft already commented on these issues. The system isn't for you. If you don't have a good, constant internet connection and/or rely on used games to play, this system isn't for you. They've made the decision for you. Stick with the 360 or switch to Sony.

which is dumb to say because they don't seem to realize this isn't Madden, where there isn't any competition and we are forced to buy that game because there are no alternatives. There's a cheaper, more powerful, less restrictive console coming out as well.

Like Nathan said, I wonder how strong Microsoft will stand behind their convictions when sales start. I don't think the X1 will bomb, but I do believe the PS4 will sell more copies from day one and have a substantial amount of adopters from the 360 like myself. If 6 months in sales are a disappointment I wonder what the geniuses at Microsoft will do.

Closed Thread