Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #201
Benstamania
Shot first.

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

But since Microsoft tried to screw all of us, I'm going to give them a hard time for a while. It's only fair.
This. It honestly comes down to this for me. I was told that if I didn't like where they were going, then piss off and buy a 360.

No, clowns, I'll just buy a PS4.

I will eventually forgive...But since MS is all about playing hardball...It's only fair that I do it in return.

Revelation 22:20
Old 06-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #202
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
As someone who owns a Wii, a 360, and is eyeing a PS3 (waiting for that insane price drop that always happens when a console gets replaced), I really only care about the games, the consoles are irrelevant to me. - to a point, If you make a ****** console, I'm not going to buy it.

So, I hate the Xbox One with all of its ridiculous, restrictive crap. Now that they've changed that, I might actually buy one one day.

But since Microsoft tried to screw all of us, I'm going to give them a hard time for a while. It's only fair.
If you never owned a PS3 you should get a PS4 and use that Gaikai thing (when it's up & running) for all the big exclusives you missed.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #203
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I must confess I am surprised by them making it region free. Maybe we (angry video gamers) can finally convince Nintendo to do the same?

Old 06-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #204
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
I must confess I am surprised by them making it region free. Maybe we (angry video gamers) can finally convince Nintendo to do the same?
That's crazy that Nintendo will be the only company with a region locked console this gen.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #205
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
If you never owned a PS3 you should get a PS4 and use that Gaikai thing (when it's up & running) for all the big exclusives you missed.
Considered that, but if the PS3 gets priced down to about 200 (and don't think that's a stretch once the PS4 comes out), I'll just get it then, and I already have a small library of games (I've been collecting games for about two years). Most of them I doubt will be on Gaikai.

I see no sense in buying a 400 dollar console that will only be playing a limited number glorified PS3 games (if not actual PS3 games) for the next 2 years. By the time the actual next gen games come out, it'll probably be 300 bucks.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #206
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's crazy that Nintendo will be the only company with a region locked console this gen.
To be fair, everyone was until the PS3 came out (360 still is). Still, maybe this will get Nintendo to change its policies (doubtful, but one can hope).

Old 06-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #207
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Is it okay to call this the Xbox 180 now since the complete reversal on DRM policies? lol

Old 06-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #208
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyte_Sun View Post
Is it okay to call this the Xbox 180 now since the complete reversal on DRM policies? lol
I'm torn between Xbox 180 and Xbone.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #209
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Considered that, but if the PS3 gets priced down to about 200 (and don't think that's a stretch once the PS4 comes out), I'll just get it then, and I already have a small library of games (I've been collecting games for about two years). Most of them I doubt will be on Gaikai.

I see no sense in buying a 400 dollar console that will only be playing a limited number glorified PS3 games (if not actual PS3 games) for the next 2 years. By the time the actual next gen games come out, it'll probably be 300 bucks.
Fair enough.

You've been collecting PS3 games before getting the system? Sounds like the kind of thing I do lol. Even if I sold PS3 (if Gaikai worked well) I'd keep certain game series like God of War & Uncharted.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #210
Benstamania
Shot first.

God of War is the one series from Sony that I am TOTALLY burned out on. Far to many HD remasters before the newest game in the series, that...really didn't change anything, released.

Hoping we don't see another GoW game for a few more years.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #211
zenith16
Side-Kick

source:GI

Old 06-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #212
Super Kal
Side-Kick

honestly, i dont think this is going to change much... the damage has already been done. i've been a huge xbox supporter since 2001, however even with all this backtracking, i feel as though I've been cheated out of a gaming experience.

the only reason they changed everything is because of the pre-orders, because they werent getting any money from it. why should i buy this console? Sony knows who their clients are, and catered to them this year... Microsoft didn't, and were not going to change everything if they had it their way.

maybe sometime in the future, i -might- consider an X1... but right now, im done with microsoft. I'll wait and see what comes of all of this next year.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #213
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
God of War is the one series from Sony that I am TOTALLY burned out on. Far to many HD remasters before the newest game in the series, that...really didn't change anything, released.

I can totally understand that. It's very much my kind of game with the mythological settings and it's the best game of that type (at its best). I'm not a fan of side games though & multiple inconsequential releases as they just dilute the quality of the series and lead to saturation.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #214
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
honestly, i dont think this is going to change much... the damage has already been done. i've been a huge xbox supporter since 2001, however even with all this backtracking, i feel as though I've been cheated out of a gaming experience.

the only reason they changed everything is because of the pre-orders, because they werent getting any money from it. why should i buy this console? Sony knows who their clients are, and catered to them this year... Microsoft didn't, and were not going to change everything if they had it their way.

maybe sometime in the future, i -might- consider an X1... but right now, im done with microsoft. I'll wait and see what comes of all of this next year.
The only people's minds I think gets changed tonight are those that were only not getting an XB1 because of those policies and otherwise wanted to stay with Microsoft (still a lot of gamers). There will be many whose minds were already made up though.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #215
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post

Sony needs to "resurrect" Medieval and have that be the flagship fantasy like action exclusive for the console.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #216
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

It'll sell well, though not as well as PS4. I just don't understand why they ever took this hardline stance. It's like they wanted people to actively dislike the console.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #217
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Sony needs to "resurrect" Medieval and have that be the flagship fantasy like action exclusive for the console.
Medieval needs to come back...Not sure why it ever fell by the wayside.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #218
Batspider77
"SPOILER JUNKIE"

Finally good news,now i can go and preorder my XBONE

Old 06-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #219
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Quote:
I wouldn't have though so. XBL currently covers other devices like Windows Phone & PC as well as 360. And Sony can offer PS+ across devices without having any online connection needed at all so I don't see any need for it to be different.
Well, I know my Gold membership from my 360 will carry over to X1, but they were saying that that one Gold membership was going to cover all users (like my brother) who are also on that X1 console.

There was mention that the nine user family gold thing is now squashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
It'll sell well, though not as well as PS4. I just don't understand why they ever took this hardline stance. It's like they wanted people to actively dislike the console.
Well, the word was that companies like Activison and EA were pressuring Microsoft and Sony to tackle the used game issue, and up until E3...the safe money was that Sony was going to do the same exact thing that Microsoft was doing. Until they actually said they weren't. That pretty much left Microsoft holding the bag with burning **** in it, and there now wasn't another target (Sony) to ease the heat consumers were fuming with.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #220
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
Well, I know my Gold membership from my 360 will carry over to X1, but they were saying that that one Gold membership was going to cover all users (like my brother) who are also on that X1 console.

There was mention that the nine user family gold thing is now squashed.
Oh sorry I misread.

In that case I would assume that you would have to pay separately as now. Although they did used to offer a great family deal which they pulled just this year and the reason might have been to do with the new XB1 policies to comes with the 10 family member thing. Hopefully they reinstate the family pack (which covered 4 people but was cheaper than getting 2 XBox Live accounts).

Old 06-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #221
Rogue Kira
All Knowing Spidey-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
RE: Used games and AAA budgets.

I'm just going to post this video:

When The Starscreams Kill Used Games

and quote this post from GAF:
well do micro soft did reverse their policy... soooooo yeah

Old 06-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #222
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

I'm still kinda lukewarm towards the Xbone compared to PS4 even with these changes. I keep telling myself to be excited because now I won't miss out on the Xbone exclusives as I've been an exclusively 360 guy since it launched, but then I kinda realize that all the games I'm most excited for from E3 are cross-platform anyway, so who friggin cares?

Even my buddies are still pro-PS4 after the new MS news, and they were hardcore supporters of MS for years. The fact is the PS4 is not only $100 cheaper but has less 'cons' than the Xbone and it's not like it's fighting a battle of exclusives anymore, either.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #223
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Well, you could always get an Xbone later. I do think a price drop is inevitable. Considering the very similar libraries, and capabilities (the PS4 is arguably superior in some aspects), the Xbone is still going to lose the console war, if they don't get more competitive price wise. A hundred bucks is a lot.

Also, the new Xbox 360 is still 300 dollars. That's going to change too. You can't have a 300 dollar 7th generation console next to a 400 dollar 8th generation console (the PS4).

Old 06-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #224
Grievous
Miss Me?

I think its too late to swing any unsure buyers to get Xbox over Playstation. This move is smart though to keep the Xbox fans who were thinking about jumping ship. I agree though that the first few games are going to be only slightly better then the old gen games.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Old 06-20-2013, 01:18 AM   #225
JaD
Thriller Night

I wonder how long term these changes are considering it's a day one patch to implement them. I wonder if Microsoft is still going to run checks on their customers' activity and possibly bringing out the restrictions based on what they see on certain people's accounts.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Closed Thread