The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #801
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 6

Old 07-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #802
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

I'm guessing it's just a wrap for him since they're supposedly filming for most of July.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #803
marcvader
Lurker #1

Yup

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #804
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That doesn't leave any room for a Red Skull scenario. If/when Skully debuts in the modern MCU, he's damn sure gonna let Cap, SSR/SHIELD, America and the world know that he's back in town. He's not gonna go skulking around in some innocuous disguise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Obvious to fans and a corny and potentially forced twist to the non-fans. What, it's Red Skull in a Robert Redford mask? It was him ALL ALONG! That doesn't seem totally cliched?

Amen and Amen.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #805
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Whoever "Pierce" is, he's obviously had to have a long, long time to infiltrate SHIELD. He's at the top levels of SHIELD. He's close to retirement age (hell, if "Pierce" was *actually* Robert Redford's age, he'd already be long past retirement and drawing a pension). You don't get to that spot unless you've put in DECADES inside SHIELD.

Unless you're assuming that Pierce was a legitimate "innocent" good guy all along, and has only recently been "turned" or mind****ed or possessed or Skrulled or whatever by a bad guy.

That doesn't leave any room for a Red Skull scenario. If/when Skully debuts in the modern MCU, he's damn sure gonna let Cap, SSR/SHIELD, America and the world know that he's back in town. He's not gonna go skulking around in some innocuous disguise.
They can always portray Pierce character as already long time SHIELD director (whatever role he is playin) and that he was replaced by Skull after he get back trough portal from Avengers. They can make that Red Skull killed real Pierce and he taked his face mask to infiltrate in higher ranks of SHIELD to find where missing cube is (which is ironic because Thor taked cube back to Asgard ).

Or better, wait for Captain America 3/Avenger 2-3 movie, as Red Skull is still wandering somewhere in Nine Realms, as Thor at end of Avengers taked cube back to Asgard and making some new story how Skull again want to obtain Cube.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #806
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno_Kos View Post
They can always portray Pierce character as already long time SHIELD director (whatever role he is playin) and that he was replaced by Skull after he get back trough portal from Avengers. They can make that Red Skull killed real Pierce and he taked his face mask to infiltrate in higher ranks of SHIELD to find where missing cube is (which is ironic because Thor taked cube back to Asgard ).

Or better, wait for Captain America 3/Avenger 2-3 movie, as Red Skull is still wandering somewhere in Nine Realms, as Thor at end of Avengers taked cube back to Asgard and making some new story how Skull again want to obtain Cube.
...When did Red Skull "get back trough portal from Avengers...?"

Skully is still....Elsewhere. In space and/or time. And again: once he *does* come back, it won't be in secrecy in the dead of night. He'll come out guns blazing, in full view of everyone, and let the whole world know that the Fourth Reich is upon us, with Johan Schmidt as the new Fuehrer.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #807
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick

Quote:

Skully is still....Elsewhere. In space and/or time. And again: once he *does* come back, it won't be in secrecy in the dead of night. He'll come out guns blazing, in full view of everyone, and let the whole world know that the Fourth Reich is upon us, with Johan Schmidt as the new Fuehrer.
It's a my wish, they can use portal as excuse for bringing back Skull. He dissapered trough portal, so i can see him appearing trough portal either. Skull is to iconic character for not bringing him back in movies, no matter who will be playing him. It's just matter of how story is going to play. I hope we will see him in some at least minor role in sequels of Avengers or sequels of Cap America movies. We need Skull in modern age specially with his vision of world.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #808
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
It's a my wish, they can use portal as excuse for bringing back Skull. He dissapered trough portal, so i can see him appearing trough portal either. Skull is to iconic character for not bringing him back in movies, no matter who will be playing him. It's just matter of how story is going to play. I hope we will see him in some at least minor role in sequels of Avengers or sequels of Cap America movies. We need Skull in modern age specially with his vision of world.

Given Red Skull's comic book history and importance as Cap's archnemesis in two different eras, I'm sure we'll see him again. But I'm sure it won't be in CATWS.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #809
DN91
Star-Spangled Man

Quote:

The "Dell Rusk" stuff aside, the Skull's always been a grandiose villain (his appearance in CA:TFA definitely had those shades). That's how he should probably be, more or less, if he shows up for future films.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #810
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Let's let the Skull sit this one out and give us a robot Zola!

Old 07-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #811
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
How though? Red Skull would've needed the aid of Loki or the Other and we most certainly didn't see any of that in The Avengers. He also wasn't among the Chitauri on their chariots.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #812
Loki882
Side-Kick

I think the villains should be WS, Crossbones, Batroc, and Redford as General Lukin.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #813
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Who says Red Skull's original body is intact? he could be possessing/inhabiting Redford's body like he did Lukin's in the comics. Maybe his conciosness was sucked into the cube somehow and got out during the intervening time when Shield was experimenting with it. I mean I'd like Weaving back too but it doesn't seem likely and if they still want to use Skull there's plenty of ways to explain the recast.

That's what I said.

It makes sense because that is what happened in the Winter Soldier story. Schmidt could have taken control of Lukin/Pierce in a number of ways. AIM and/or HYDRA created their own Cosmic Cube in the comics, so an artificial cube might have provided a means for Schmidt to gain control. The writers could have ditched that entire plot point, of course, but it remains a possibility.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #814
Loki882
Side-Kick

The Red Skull will probably return, but I think it will be in the third film. Let this movie explore new villains (and Zola).

Old 07-09-2013, 01:56 AM   #815
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That's what I said.

It makes sense because that is what happened in the Winter Soldier story. Schmidt could have taken control of Lukin/Pierce in a number of ways. AIM and/or HYDRA created their own Cosmic Cube in the comics, so an artificial cube might have provided a means for Schmidt to gain control. The writers could have ditched that entire plot point, of course, but it remains a possibility.
Also in answer to the peeps saying he'd exercise control immediately rather than remaining behind the scenes, because he can't wait to start the 4th Reich right then and there. No one considers the potential difficulty in imposing one's disembodied consciousness on another human being. Theoretically he could have possessed Redford in the 50's and only gained control recently.

Not that I'm advocating this but I'm getting a little tired of seeing perfectly good storyline suggestions getting handwaved away by people who don't like them.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-09-2013, 02:20 AM   #816
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
He was sent THROUGH space to a far away location. That's close enough.
I was thinking about this on the 4th when watching First Avenger.
Who's to say every single person hit with the energy from the Tesseract wasn't sent to the same place Skull was sent and not actually disintegrated?

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-09-2013, 02:36 AM   #817
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Who's to say every single person hit with the energy from the Tesseract wasn't sent to the same place Skull was sent and not actually disintegrated?
Now that you mention it what evidence is there that Red Skull wasn't absorbed or disintegrated, rather than transported through space/time? We never saw him arrive elsewhere.

Yet another strike against assumed fan theory.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-09-2013, 02:38 AM   #818
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I've been thinking/wondering about that while watching TFA for awhile now. I always just went with the premise that the energy disintegrated people but have now been thinking that the energy could really be causing people to be transported elsewhere in the universe. I think Marvel's intention was to show people being killed but without having a lot of dead bodies on the ground so as not to scare away kids from watching and to keep a certain MPAA rating.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:03 AM   #819
SilentWarriorZ
Side-Kick

we might get a glimpse about Red skull in this 2nd movie at the end which can lead to CA-3

Old 07-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #820
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango
Now that you mention it what evidence is there that Red Skull wasn't absorbed or disintegrated, rather than transported through space/time? We never saw him arrive elsewhere.

Not an assumed fan theory at all, that's solid rock hard comic book rules... If a main villain disappears through a magicy portal or is disposed of in a way where we dont' SEE they're death, then they're never dead. Everyone knows that :P

Old 07-09-2013, 03:32 AM   #821
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

The reason I say this is
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The TDW prelude says the Asgardians needed the tesseract to help power the Bifrost.

I mean, it makes sense that in any form that energy just sends you somewhere like a wormhole would.

EDIT: let's not forget how the Tesseract was used at the end of TA inside a cylinder with handles

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Last edited by Vartha; 07-09-2013 at 03:39 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:37 AM   #822
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWarriorZ View Post
we might get a glimpse about Red skull in this 2nd movie at the end which can lead to CA-3
Yeah, I agree with most of everyone here when they Say Schmidt is in Redford like Skull was in the comics. I mean from what I recall of the issues, Redford even LOOKS the part.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-09-2013, 03:42 AM   #823
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

In most science fiction, teleportation is disintegration, followed by reassembly at another point. So both are correct.

However, with the Skull we saw a portal of sort open up above him that he was then shot up into. With the others, they just ceased to be. Not to mention, everyone else succumbed to the tesseract energy, but Schmidt was exposed to the tesseract itself.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:00 AM   #824
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
In most science fiction, teleportation is disintegration, followed by reassembly at another point. So both are correct.

However, with the Skull we saw a portal of sort open up above him that he was then shot up into. With the others, they just ceased to be. Not to mention, everyone else succumbed to the tesseract energy, but Schmidt was exposed to the tesseract itself.
I still say the Tesseract in any form is just a transport energy. Heck who knows, maybe all those people shot with it are still HERE we just can't see them.....oooo Red Ghost theory!

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #825
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

There's no "evidence" --- just 50+ years of comic-book canon. It's a major, major part of Captain America's continuing storyline that Red Skull somehow travels through time to join him in the modern world, and continues to be his personal nemesis. Why *wouldn't* anyone expect Skully to come back?

Closed Thread