The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: "S" plastic shield vs broken neck.
"S" shield, cool new power designed to kill powerless enemies. 7 6.93%
Broken neck to save a family and millions of future innocent lives. 94 93.07%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #476
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: How Superman Resolved the Issue of Zod *MEGA SPOILER*

this whole collateral damage nit pick has got to be the most ridiculous super hero complaint i have ever seen

did you people complain when superman punched darkseid through 5 buildings in metropolis and hammer dropped him into the busy street???
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #477
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
this whole collateral damage nit pick has got to be the most ridiculous super hero complaint i have ever seen

did you people complain when superman punched darkseid through 5 buildings in metropolis and hammer dropped him into the busy street???
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Err, I kinda did complain about that....

Old 06-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #478
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Like danoyse said....I too think you are making too much of this. When he did it...he was not SUPERMAN....he was Clark Kent, wandering the world trying to find his place in Earth's society. He got pissed because a little twerp bully was sexually harassing a woman and bullying him....and he knew he could squash this piece of crap with his pinky.....but instead he damages the guys truck and a power line. I think you are obsessing over a minor thing to help you justify your disappointment in the movie.
Exactly.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #479
Project862006
Banned User

it a pretty stupid complaint honestly

Old 06-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #480
Marvin
Side-Kick

Trucking company should look into insuring their trucks...seems like good idea.

Anyways, I think this non boy scout CK is a very basic way to fix what the modern GA perceived as flawed and boring. This idea that he was raised on earth and is just like the rest of us has always fell short in light of the idea that the midwest raises saints.

In this film I saw the thesis finally manifest. Raised on earth, has a big destiny to live up to. Like any man it's something you grow into. Pretty sure Obama wasn't the saint he is now when he left college lol.

Then again the last time they tried to change him for the modern GA, they made him sort of a dead beat.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #481
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Trucking company should look into insuring their trucks...seems like good idea.
But what about the poor insurance companies that have to pay for it!?!?!?

Just pretend it was a LexCorp truck and the money came out of Luthor's pocket.

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
Old 06-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #482
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Exactly.
Please explain how putting on a costume makes him a good person.

I have read many Superman comics...and I am under the impression that he is a good man because the Kents raised him to be a good man.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #483
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
It isn't collateral damage. Clark CHOSE to destroy public and private property just to make life miserable for a jerk he had bumped into. That destruction did not have to happen and ONLY happened because Clark got angry and wanted to destroy something.

Accidentally destroying a building while trying to save humanity is much different.

Also...another small issue...but Clark Kent is a thief. He stole a man's clothing. This man did NOTHING to Clark...never even met him.

This is just another example of how the writers of this film simply don't understand who Clark Kent is. The definitive Clark Kent would not steal from an innocent person to give himself a disguise.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #484
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Mark Waid's latest Tweet - The entire reason Superman exists is to do the impossible.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 06-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #485
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
No, that man clearly sexually harassed that lady and I have never once defended his actions. It is possible to get justice for her without ruining the man's life...destroying the property of the company that hired him AND the company that hired his company to haul stuff, AND destroy public property.
No, you're asking us to consider the feelings of a pervert and bully. Why should we feel bad for him? He doesn't feel bad that he's sexually harrassing a woman, instead of stopping when he's told to stop, he threatens more violence.

We're supposed to feel sorry that he might have some problems later? Karma's a *****, my friend.

And if the company he works for loses out, its because they've hired a jerk. I'm sure that company has an HR department, and I'm sure that while an employee is driving one of their company's trucks, their drivers are expected to adhere to the standards of the company. I'm sure learning that their driver sexually harrasses women, and threatens violence in bars - risking arrest - would reflect poorly on their company and he would be fired anyway.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #486
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
It isn't collateral damage. Clark CHOSE to destroy public and private property just to make life miserable for a jerk he had bumped into. That destruction did not have to happen and ONLY happened because Clark got angry and wanted to destroy something.

Accidentally destroying a building while trying to save humanity is much different.

Also...another small issue...but Clark Kent is a thief. He stole a man's clothing. This man did NOTHING to Clark...never even met him.

This is just another example of how the writers of this film simply don't understand who Clark Kent is. The definitive Clark Kent would not steal from an innocent person to give himself a disguise.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #487
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

I heard he ripped the tags off of his mattresses too. It's going to be on the blu-ray extended version.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #488
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, you're asking us to consider the feelings of a pervert and bully. Why should we feel bad for him? He doesn't feel bad that he's sexually harrassing a woman, instead of stopping when he's told to stop, he threatens more violence.

We're supposed to feel sorry that he might have some problems later? Karma's a *****, my friend.

And if the company he works for loses out, its because they've hired a jerk. I'm sure that company has an HR department, and I'm sure that while an employee is driving one of their company's trucks, their drivers are expected to adhere to the standards of the company. I'm sure learning that their driver sexually harrasses women, and threatens violence in bars - risking arrest - would reflect poorly on their company and he would be fired anyway.
Please stop lying about my stance.

Public and company property were destroyed because Clark Kent got angry at a guy.

I have dealt with that type of jerk in the past. I got justice for the victim WITHOUT destroying other people's property and shutting down the power supply for innocent people.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #489
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I thought it was a crime that we didn't get to see Henry Cavill naked.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #490
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Please stop lying about my stance.

Public and company property were destroyed because Clark Kent got angry at a guy.

I have dealt with that type of jerk in the past. I got justice for the victim WITHOUT destroying other people's property and shutting down the power supply for innocent people.
And because you can't throw a truck onto a telephone line.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #491
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
I thought it was a crime that we didn't get to see Henry Cavill naked.
It was definitely a crime that his pecs only had such a small amount of screen time... talk about under using the talent

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 06-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #492
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ And yet nobody cares when action heroes steal motorcycles or a billionaire essentially takes one of the few things a homeless guy has, and then jokes about it later :P

Old 06-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #493
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I didn't have a problem with Superman destroying that trucker's truck or stealing those clothes or any other such issue.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #494
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
It was definitely a crime that his pecs only had such a small amount of screen time... talk about under using the talent
He showed up in flames on the oil rig, I turned to my mom and said, "He is literally hot right now..."

Old 06-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #495
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
He showed up in flames on the oil rig, I turned to my mom and said, "He is literally hot right now..."
My friend turned to me at that point and said 'Yeah, i'd do him, but I might have to put a bag over his face...'

Then later when she saw him without the beard, she took it back

*\S/T*
Old 06-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #496
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
My friend turned to me at that point and said 'Yeah, i'd do him, but I might have to put a bag over his face...'

Then later when she saw him without the beard, she took it back
The first picture I saw of him was a set picture from the scene where he was stealing the clothes.

My first thought was, "Helloooooo Superman!!"

Old 06-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #497
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
yeah because his way of justice is the reason he didn't throw a truck

Old 06-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #498
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
But I CAN destroy property in other ways. I just choose not to victimize others for the actions of one.

I'm smarter than this Clark Kent and I'm more moral than this Clark Kent (yes, I have been in desperate situations in my life where stealing was needed...and I STILL didn't do it). I am more the Man of Tomorrow than Clark Kent. If THIS can be changed about the character, then ANYTHING can be changed. There should never be another complain about a change made to a character in a superhero movie.

These are small issues...but part of a larger whole that shows a very, very poor representation of the character.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #499
batboy99
BTVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
This is what I posted in another thread:
Perfect examples of how far fanboys reach with extremely odd explanations.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #500
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
yeah because his way of justice is the reason he didn't throw a truck
Exactly. You can't win the "I didn't do what Clark Kent did!" argument when you lack the abillity to throw trucks in the first place.