Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 10-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #226
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Default Re: Easter Eggs (SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grime Kid View Post
I agree.

I don't think anyone's insinuating that Brainiac is on that ship, but he is made from Kryptonian tech (in more recent iterations anyway), so why would'nt the design be consistent?

Also I found a quote from Wikipedia regarding Brainiac:

Quote:
In early appearances in the Silver Age comics, he had a purplish flying saucer. Since then, however, he has used a giant, green/metallic skull-shaped space ship with metallic tentacles.
If that ship isn't a Brainiac reference, I'll eat my hat.
Exactly. If Brainiac was Kryptonian A.I. tech., and as we saw in the Superman animated show, wouldn't he stop at nothing to protect the Kryptonian way of life, even after Krypton was destroyed?

That is what we're seeing with Zod's plan, and with the codex, the genetic engineering and the World Engine, it indicates that it is true about the early reports that Brainiac was initially written as the villain, but then it was changed to Zod, to make it more human and relatable and about Kal-El's loyalties etc.

And these designs are left over from those early Brainiac ideas- the tentacles, the way the World Engine works etc.

And it could've been A.I. Brainiac shutting down A.I. Jor-El!

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #227
Binker
Side-Kick

Did anybody notice another Lexcorp reference? The building under construction that Superman and Zod fight in for a abit, where Zod strips his armor off and begins to fly, and Superman destroys those beams; that has a Lexcorp banner on the first shot of the building.

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #228
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Did anybody notice another Lexcorp reference? The building under construction that Superman and Zod fight in for a abit, where Zod strips his armor off and begins to fly, and Superman destroys those beams; that has a Lexcorp banner on the first shot of the building.
You're right. The building they fly into, under construction, where Zod takes off his armour, it says "THE FUTURE HOME OF LEXCORP"

Old 10-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #229
Grime Kid
Side-Kick

I also noticed in the half-constructed building, Zod throws Superman into a sign that says: ''106 DAYS SINCE OUR LAST ACCIDENT''.
And after Supes hits it, the 1 & the 6 fall off leaving behind: ''0 DAYS SINCE OUR LAST ACCIDENT''. LOL

It's very quick, blink & you'll miss it.

Grime Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #230
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grime Kid View Post
I also noticed in the half-constructed building, Zod throws Superman into a sign that says: ''106 DAYS SINCE OUR LAST ACCIDENT''.
And after Supes hits it, the 1 & the 6 fall off leaving behind: ''0 DAYS SINCE OUR LAST ACCIDENT''. LOL

It's very quick, blink & you'll miss it.
That's pretty funny.

With the Batman Easter Egg- so Batman's been around awhile, huh?

Here is a pic where you can see the "The Future Home of LexCorp" banner:

Old 10-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #231
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
That's pretty funny.

With the Batman Easter Egg- so Batman's been around awhile, huh?

Here is a pic where you can see the "The Future Home of LexCorp" banner:

lex power suit..

Old 10-19-2013, 01:34 AM   #232
Rephe
Side-Kick

Sorry if this is a repost:

I saw this one on a website (and I'm NOT sure which one, sorry!) but it just blew my mind, especially considering you don't see Jax-Ur until after the Kryptonians have made their way to Earth. Like he was in the Phantom Zone all along.

Anyway (I copied the caption it had and saved it with the picture):

"General Zod isn’t the only Kryptonian villain around. Another monstrous villain sent to the Phantom Zone was a Kryptonian named Jax-Ur. While Jax-Ur’s story varies over the decades, one constant is that his actions led to the destruction of Krypton’s moon, Wegthor. For this act, he is sentenced to the Phantom Zone. You know Jax-Ur. He was the bald scientist working with General Zod to locate the Kryptonian Codex. And back when we were on Krypton, we saw evidence of the crime that landed him in the Phantom Zone to begin with."

Rephe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:34 AM   #233
Rephe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gur-Ak View Post
Three-dots under the World Engine when Kal destroyed it:

Brainiac symbol:
I just looked for that, and--not that it's a big deal or anything--that's on the Black Zero, not the World Engine. The reason why I say that, is because those little blue dots are probably the thrusters on the inside of that leg. I might check the beginning of the film in a bit and see if I can see them in the same spot when Zod gets sent to the Phantom Zone. If not, then yeah, that's probably a reference of some kind. If so, then they're just the thrusters and that's where they go.

Rephe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #234
JaD
Thriller Night

Now I knew something about the MoS dream sequence looked familiar but it never clicked until now and I remember what it is. I guess because it's been a while since I've seen Watchmen. Maybe not an easter egg but a very similar nightmare sequence from Watchmen, same scenarios as well. Watchmen had Silk Spectre tear off Nite Owl's skin to reveal his outfit, similar to Clark's Superman suit coming from the wind passing through. There's also a missile type of impact in the background of both scenes. The only thing missing is Supes and Zod kissing heh.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean

Last edited by JaD; 10-19-2013 at 08:00 PM.
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:18 AM   #235
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
Now I knew something about the MoS dream sequence looked familiar but it never clicked until now and I remember what it is. I guess because it's been a while since I've seen Watchmen. Maybe not an easter egg but a very similar nightmare sequence from Watchmen, same scenarios as well. Watchmen had Silk Spectre tear off Nite Owl's skin to reveal his outfit, similar to Clark's Superman suit coming from the wind passing through. There's also a missile type of impact in the background of both scenes. The only thing missing is Supes and Zod kissing heh.

It is similar. Very much Snyder's style.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #236
Grime Kid
Side-Kick

Quote:

Yeah agreed. I also think that this shot is a nod to that scene:

Grime Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #237
Jericholyte
Newbie First Class

Did anyone notice the sound effect when Superman starts flying for the first time???

When it shows a close-up on his face as he flies, there is the same flying sound effect as in the George Reeves TV show!

I also love the placement of the effect because, in the history if Superman, flying was relatively new for superman at the time of the TV show (if memory serves me correctly) and so I makes sense that, in the movie, after Superman was only able to make large leaps, he is now flying with the old school sound effect.

I keep finding little bits like this and it makes me love the movie more and more.

Jericholyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #238
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
lex power suit..
Yeah, what if Lex makes the suit out of the armour Zod leaves at the building site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericholyte View Post
Did anyone notice the sound effect when Superman starts flying for the first time???

When it shows a close-up on his face as he flies, there is the same flying sound effect as in the George Reeves TV show!
It does have that sound effect, the sound of the rushing wind, similar to the George Reeves show!

Old 10-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #239
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:

I also love the placement of the effect because, in the history if Superman, flying was relatively new for superman at the time of the TV show (if memory serves me correctly) and so I makes sense that, in the movie, after Superman was only able to make large leaps, he is now flying with the old school sound effect.

I keep finding little bits like this and it makes me love the movie more and more.
I totally heard the first time I saw the movie. I thought I was the only one until now.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #240
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator

Quote:

I KNEW I wasn't hearing things! That's just an awesome nod! So we have a slight nod to George Reeves and Christopher Reeve in the same movie! Well done, Snyder, well done....

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #241
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:

In Man of Steel I'm pretty sure that's the sun...not a missile impact

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #242
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Yeah it's the sun

Old 11-04-2013, 02:45 AM   #243
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Yeah it's the sun
My mistake, I never meant to imply that was a missile impact for the MoS picture I used, I figured that was a sun as well, but the gravity machine that crashes down in the MoS dream is similar to the missile crashing down in Watchmen, I just use those comparison pics because they looked similar in tone.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean

Last edited by JaD; 11-04-2013 at 03:07 AM.
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #244
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

I don't know if I'd call it/or if it was meant as an easter egg

but, seeing young Clark playing around in the backyard wearing a red cape, an posing like a super hero

got me thinking... who is he emulating?
(not saying it meant that any real heroes existed then)

but, what fictional heroes did he grow up reading about it comics, or watching on TV,...

it just opens up the idea that the concept of cape heroes existed

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #245
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post

but, seeing young Clark playing around in the backyard wearing a red cape, an posing like a super hero

but, what fictional heroes did he grow up reading about it comics, or watching on TV,...

Thor….

lol
Actually when I was about his age I would make up my own superheroes. I remember one I called Powerfist…..I would wear my father's boxing glove on my right hand and pretend I had the power to punch through anything.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #246
HighFivingMF
Welp.

He's not emulating anyone. Wearing a cape with his hands on his hips is his thing... I still don't understand what people are questioning. People can't have their own ideas when they're kids?

Old 11-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #247
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Brainyac nod ?

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #248
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post

Considering he has the codex in his DNA, maybe it's innate for him to dress that way. Or he could even be emulating the Romans or He-Man. There are other characters and civilizations that have capes.

Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #249
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by krumm View Post
considering he has the codex in his dna, maybe it's innate for him to dress that way. Or he could even be emulating the romans or he-man. There are other characters and civilizations that have capes.
i have the power!!!!!

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:09 AM   #250
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

One obvious reference to TDKR was when Supes reaches out his hand to get the Sunlight, when he temporarily gets knocked out after destroying the World Engine over the Indian Ocean.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote