The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
WilliamK99
Side-Kick

Default Missed Opportunity - Lack of End Credit Scene

IMO Man of Steel was fantastic and a great kick-off to hopefully what will be one DC Universe. The problem I had was at the end of the movie nearly half of the theatre stayed until the end of the credits to see if there would be a scene. I had purposely stayed away from all spoilers so I could truly enjoy the film so I had no idea either way...

All WB had to do was show a shot of a guy reading the Daily Planet with a bald head, or something hinting at another character, but there was nothing. Many in the theatre were disappointed at the lack of anything at the end.

WB had the opportunity to ignite the entire fan base like the Marvel fan base was excited at the end of Iron Man, but the failed to do so... The movie was great but it could have truly been something incredible with just a 30 second scene added on at the end...

WilliamK99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Missed Opportunity - Lack of End Credit Scene

I have this crazy idea that if you want to say something else, you might as well put it IN the movie.

It is funny anyways because the End Credit scene in Iron Man Three was about Bruce Banner falling asleep with Tony Stark story. Which is almost what happened to me.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

Well they haven't locked in plans for a shared DC Universe yet. On top of that, why does WB need to have an end credits scene? That is Marvel's method. Let them reference a shared universe in a different way instead of mimicking the competition.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
sf2
Side-Kick

It would be really sweet to see a silhouette of lex luthor.. or his comment regarding a powerful alien living among us.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Yeah, it would have been great to have it, but it's okay. If the box office is as strong as it appears to be, then we'll get our MOS sequel and JL movie. I'm confident of that.

Of course, how awesome would it have been to see Lex Luthor walk into the Rock's office with Norman Osbourne and Nick Fury and show him pictures Sinestro stealing the Tesseract while eating a shawarma?

Old 06-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I don't care that there wasn't an end credit scene.

I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
Superman Prime
Dreamscape

Leave post end credits scenes to Marvel's McMovies.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #8
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Well they haven't locked in plans for a shared DC Universe yet. On top of that, why does WB need to have an end credits scene? That is Marvel's method. Let them reference a shared universe in a different way instead of mimicking the competition.
I have to agree with this as Man of Steel and WB do not need it just because Marvel is doing it. It's going to end up gimmicky if future Man of Steel sequels do end credits scene.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
Binker
Side-Kick

I don't like post credits scenes, unless they are there because it is a guarantee that no matter what happens, there will be a sequel or follow up. Marvel films were fine, because even if TIH or Thor bombed, they weren't the ones needing sequels before Avengers, it was the other film properties that were needed to support Avengers. Green Lantern sucked, and got a post-credits scene that won't be follow up upon; and this is how I felt about TDK, and even though that movie succeeded, at the time before 2009-2010 Nolan didn't think he would do Batman 3, and I remember thinking "then why did you end it like that? could you at least end it differently, so you could accomplish what you wanted but complete the full story just in case TDK did do well?!"

If this movie had a post credits scene, and it bombed, it would've been really bad and frustrating.

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #10
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
i would have like to have seen him help lexcorp rebuild metropolis with lex looking on.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #11
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:

Because they work! Just because Marvel did it first, means nothing. Use it!
A lot of things could have been laid down for sequels or a shared universe.

They could have tied up so many things.....

Where the heck is Zod's body?? Did Lexcorp take it???

After seeing mankind almost going to dust, would we not see a super secret organization like Cadmus or Checkmate being formed???

How about this.....a morning paper is sitting on a silver tray......a hand picks it up (we never see the face) and unfolds it. The Headlines read "End of the World Averted" , with a photo of this new Superman. Then we hear the deep voice of the man mutter lowly, "Hmmm.....this changes everything.." Still Never seeing his face (camera still POV on headline) we suddenly hear a British voice call out, "Master Wayne, the telephone".

Fade to black..............

That alone would have set up so many things! Doesn't mean Batman has to be in the next MOS......just let's us know that there's a lot to be excited about in the future.

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #12
Heretic
Side-Kick

Marvel did not invent the post credit scene. It is a tool to give fans a hint of what is to come, that likely has nothing to do with the film we just watched.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #13
boocherhix
Jack Donaghy's Love Child

Im fine with no scene, but that^ would been cool.

"I've yet to see any demons on the ward, and I'm particularly observant. So go back to your lab & make me a pill that can cure madness or I'll kick your ass so hard you'll be able to build a pool in the footprint. Understood?" ~ Dean Learner, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.
boocherhix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #14
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I'm glad there was no end credits scene, I think it's fine that Marvel do it but I do t want anything taking away from the main story.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #15
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I'm glad there was no end credits scene, I think it's fine that Marvel do it but I do t want anything taking away from the main story.
Those don't take away from the main story......it keeps it going.

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #16
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Wall Re: Missed Opportunity - Lack of End Credit Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Because they work! Just because Marvel did it first, means nothing. Use it!
A lot of things could have been laid down for sequels or a shared universe.

They could have tied up so many things.....

Where the heck is Zod's body?? Did Lexcorp take it???

After seeing mankind almost going to dust, would we not see a super secret organization like Cadmus or Checkmate being formed???

How about this.....a morning paper is sitting on a silver tray......a hand picks it up (we never see the face) and unfolds it. The Headlines read "End of the World Averted" , with a photo of this new Superman. Then we hear the deep voice of the man mutter lowly, "Hmmm.....this changes everything.." Still Never seeing his face (camera still POV on headline) we suddenly hear a British voice call out, "Master Wayne, the telephone".

Fade to black..............

That alone would have set up so many things! Doesn't mean Batman has to be in the next MOS......just let's us know that there's a lot to be excited about in the future.
Yeah I was confused by why they didn't include a scene like that. It would have hyped th audiance so much and been the building blocks to an expanded universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

No thanks. I don't want WB to be start carbon-copying Marvel Studios. If you want to include something extra then put it in the movie! The typical movie go'er leaves after the credits start rolling.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #18
Caped Crusader
The One Man Who Beat You

Quote:
This. Agree 110%

Caped Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #19
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
No thanks. I don't want WB to be start carbon-copying Marvel Studios. If you want to include something extra then put it in the movie! The typical movie go'er leaves after the credits start rolling.
How do you feel about Marvel ripping the idea off of the countless movies that did it before them?

And if the average movie goer cares so little about getting a complete story that they refuse to wait an extra 60 seconds or so, then screw em. You'd have to be ridiculously out of touch to not be aware that post credits scenes are very common in action type films.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #20
Zen
Binary Oneness

I would rather they hide easter eggs deep in the movie, than copy Marvel's approach.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #21
Donut
Side-Kick

DC should do BEFORE CREDITS SCENES

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #22
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

I think it'd have been cool to have a scene where Johnathan and Martha Kent find the rocket as a mid-credits scene

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #23
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Marvel Studios didn't start the post-credit thing. They popularized it more than anything but the early X-man movies did it as well. Its just something that has become synonymous with comic book movies.

T"Challa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #24
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Marvel didn't invent it, but they've made it a signature. Regardless of how you feel about it conceptually, there's no way DC can use them now, or should. They need to find their own thing to adopt as their signature, something that will be common among any movie within their own shared universe.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #25
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

There's no real need for an end credits scene.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote