WB worships Nolan.

and there lies the problem.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #52
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Missed Opportunity - Lack of End Credit Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Why aren't we complaining about how Marvel ripped off Hellboy's post-credits scene????

Because post-credits scenes are commonplace. Hell...my friends and I call them "Dokken videos"...because one of my friends (probably mistakenly) remembers a Dokken video for Dream Warriors being shown after the credits of that movie.

I've been sitting through credits after movies for decades. The only people who don't are people who don't care or are so out of the loop that they aren't aware of a very, very, very common practice (that had major impact on movies they ended up seeing). That means that it is a bonus extra for people who DO care about the future far in advance.
Why aren't we complaining about how Hellboy ripped off "Airplane"'s post-credits scene????

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #53
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Yep, Snyder isn't being replaced, especially after what he did for MOS. Goyer will likely stick around too since he's very knowledgable in the comics department. MOS needs a better editor and a strong writer to stick with Goyer at all times.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #54
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
and there lies the problem.
Not really. Nolan has made them a TON of cash, and has been apart of reviving two franchises.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 06-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #55
Lord
All Mighty

Now every superhero film has to advertise another?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #56
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I don't care who they ripped off. It's Hollywood. WB should be trying to be their own beast.
Starting next year, WB will be putting stingers before their films
(and I don't mean trailers)

Old 06-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #57
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Yep, Snyder isn't being replaced, especially after what he did for MOS. Goyer will likely stick around too since he's very knowledgable in the comics department. MOS needs a better editor and a strong writer to stick with Goyer at all times.
You mean like Chris Nolan?

Old 06-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #58
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Chris Nolan won't be involved in the sequel, me thinks. I could be wrong (you never know). I honestly don't know why WB didn't bring back Lee Smith though. He's been Nolan's editor for TDK trilogy and Inception.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #59
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Starting next year, WB will be putting stingers before their films
(and I don't mean trailers)
That'd be something else.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #60
batman44
Go Speed GO

I don't mind not having any after credit sequence, but I noticed alot of moviegoers sitting during credits waiting for one to appear.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
batman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #61
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Nolan's usual editor sure did a lousy job on that last Batman movie...so definitely not perfect. MOS editing isn't the best and yet I still think that it's a good film.

I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #62
Spiderine
Business as Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Because they work! Just because Marvel did it first, means nothing. Use it!
A lot of things could have been laid down for sequels or a shared universe.

They could have tied up so many things.....

Where the heck is Zod's body?? Did Lexcorp take it???

After seeing mankind almost going to dust, would we not see a super secret organization like Cadmus or Checkmate being formed???

How about this.....a morning paper is sitting on a silver tray......a hand picks it up (we never see the face) and unfolds it. The Headlines read "End of the World Averted" , with a photo of this new Superman. Then we hear the deep voice of the man mutter lowly, "Hmmm.....this changes everything.." Still Never seeing his face (camera still POV on headline) we suddenly hear a British voice call out, "Master Wayne, the telephone".

Fade to black..............

That alone would have set up so many things! Doesn't mean Batman has to be in the next MOS......just let's us know that there's a lot to be excited about in the future.
That's a good question. First thing I thought about was Nuclear Man is Superman 4. Supes could have dropped Zod's body in a nuclear plant smoke stack and it could have powered the entire eastern seaboard for months or years. LOL

Spiderine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #63
UnknownStuntman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
we should of had a lex cameo at least. i didn't stick around because i knew we had no after credit scene.
Closest we got was that shot of a LexCorp truck.

UnknownStuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #64
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
As far an EDITOR goes, I want Paul Hirsch to be the next one. I think MI4 had very good pacing, not too compressed, and not to bloated.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #65
dylan21484nj
Side-Kick

I work as an usher at a movie theater, and the post-credits scene thing is getting irritating. Because of Iron Man and the Marvel films, we now have people staying through the credits at EVERY movie showing. We'd like to clean the place up for the next showing and we don't get much time to do it, but we can't start until all the guests have exited. We can't just yell out "There's nothing after the credits!" because it makes us look like pushy jerks trying to chase everyone out, so we're just stuck there waiting and waiting and waiting as precious minutes that could be spent cleaning are just eaten up. It's gotten so bad that the ticket takers now have to tell them as they go in that there is no post-credits scene and they can just leave when the credits roll.

dylan21484nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #66
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

The reason that I feel some people don't understand is this. Before Iron Man came out, they already were planning The Avengers. DC trying to expand wasn't set in stone and that potential future relied on this film's box office. Also, we don't need to hear that DC is trying to copy Marvel, etc.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #67
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Goyer I do not have a problem with. But Snyder? The man is cinematically tone deaf. It is why Watchmen felt so uneven and disconnected. Similarly, it feels like the plot just tops 90 minutes into MOS and it becomes 40 minutes of CGI overload without a sense of fun or horror. Just spectacle.

I went in with an open mind, but I really do not want to see his movies anymore.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #68
dylan21484nj
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
The reason that I feel some people don't understand is this. Before Iron Man came out, they already were planning The Avengers. DC trying to expand wasn't set in stone and that potential future relied on this film's box office. Also, we don't need to hear that DC is trying to copy Marvel, etc.
Yeah, but to a lot of people, a superhero is a superhero is a superhero. They don't know the difference between them or the companies who own them. So they just assume that if those superhero movies did it, then these superhero movies must have them too.

dylan21484nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #69
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Why do you keep bringing that up. There are no reports or rumours that Nolan had any hand in the actual script for Man of Steel. Just that he helped Goyer outline the story as they did together for all the Batman movies. And they did a great job with that. Even as a critic of the film, I could tell that there was a lot of great ideas at the core of the script, I just don't feel like they were executed that well or fully developed.

There were some reports that Jonah or someone else helped revise the third act, but that is it. I don't think Nolan would be a good pick to co-write MOS2 since he is too busy with other stuff and his own projects and his fatigue with superhero films was showing through in The Dark Knight Rises. Also, he only seems to write films he directs and I think that is where his strength as a writer lies, in terms or making the script suit his own directorial style.

Brad Bird would be my choice of co-writer if we could get him. The Iron Giant and The Incredibles suggested to me that he could really get Superman and bring a great deal of intelligence and depth to this sort of film.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #70
vanson
Side-Kick

I think its good they left that out... its just unnecessary pressure for the next installment, which you even haven't written at that moment.

I recall an interview with zemeckis for 'Back To The Future' where he was quite upset that they ended the first one with the setup for the next, because it was a pain in the ass to incorporate it ..

vanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #71
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan21484nj View Post
Yeah, but to a lot of people, a superhero is a superhero is a superhero. They don't know the difference between them or the companies who own them. So they just assume that if those superhero movies did it, then these superhero movies must have them too.
This is why I am glad we around here are a little more informed about these types of things. I guess that's one perk to being a comic book geek.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #72
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanson View Post
I think its good they left that out... its just unnecessary pressure for the next installment, which you even haven't written at that moment.

I recall an interview with zemeckis for 'Back To The Future' where he was quite upset that they ended the first one with the setup for the next, because it was a pain in the ass to incorporate it ..
Doing that is always risky because if the film is successful, setting up for a future installment is great. But if the film fails, incorporating a set up at the end is criticized and viewed as arrogant.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #73
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan21484nj View Post
I work as an usher at a movie theater, and the post-credits scene thing is getting irritating. Because of Iron Man and the Marvel films, we now have people staying through the credits at EVERY movie showing. We'd like to clean the place up for the next showing and we don't get much time to do it, but we can't start until all the guests have exited. We can't just yell out "There's nothing after the credits!" because it makes us look like pushy jerks trying to chase everyone out, so we're just stuck there waiting and waiting and waiting as precious minutes that could be spent cleaning are just eaten up. It's gotten so bad that the ticket takers now have to tell them as they go in that there is no post-credits scene and they can just leave when the credits roll.
I would actually really, really appreciate it if theaters would start to embrace fanboy behavior. One theater that I used to go to would go in and remove all superhero trailers, just out of spite, so that fanboys wouldn't get to enjoy the trailers. Maybe someone could make an announcement about whether there is or isnt a post-credits scene right before the house lights go down for the trailers to start.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #74
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanson View Post

Why shouldn't it be written yet? Superman is going to make A TON of money...and now it'll be YEARS before DC is ready to release another movie. This was a stupid, stupid business move. They should have greenlit Flash or Wonder Woman...and that movie should already be well into the production process for release the fall or early next summer.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #75
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

How many of you actually stayed all the way to the end in the hoped of there being an end credit?

I wasn't 100% sure if there was one or not but assuming they were going by the Nolan playbook i figured there likely wasn't one and left. I think maybe a 1/4 of my theater actually stayed however, maybe they just like credits though?

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote