The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #51
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Default Re: The nods to Braniac in MAN OF STEEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
I do have an idea for a more... realistic (?!) method Brainiac can use when it comes to stealing cities.

Have him capture cities as they are, sans the shrinkage. He places them on the surface, or inside of his planet-sized vessel (think Cybertron/Death Star). His goal is to re-populate his empty home world. The vessel IS his home world, and he's an advanced AI synced to every computer there.

Barring that? Go the "Reaper" route from Mass Effect. Instead of stealing cities, he harvests genetic material from across the universe for some reason or another. This ties into a theme from MoS.
I like that first idea

Old 06-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #52
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

I personally think that Lex will rebuild Metropolis, thus gaining the trust of the people. Which in turn will launch his political career. One of his bodyguards winds up being Metallo. I think Braniac should also be involved as well. Not quite sure yet, but I think he should be.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #53
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I personally think that Lex will rebuild Metropolis, thus gaining the trust of the people. Which in turn will launch his political career. One of his bodyguards winds up being Metallo. I think Braniac should also be involved as well. Not quite sure yet, but I think he should be.
LexCorp rebuilds Metropolis, launching his political career.
Luthor finds some tech left behind from Zod after the battle (like the suits, one he mods for himself).
He uses this tech to reverse engineer new weapons and materials to improve his company, ultimately creating Metallo.
Brainiac sees this from afar and decides Metropolis is the city he would like to capture for his collection of planetary societies and Luthor for his wealth of knowledge.

Something like that. This gives you the psychological threat if Luthor, the physical threat of Metallo, Luthor becoming a physical threat and Brainiac going against Superman and Luthor (enemy of my enemy is my friend situation).

Not a complete thought, but in really tired and in bed on my phone. Cut me some slack.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #54
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Yea, I'm not sold on the idea of Metallo has his bodyguard, but I think Lex being a financial "savior" to Metropolis seems like a given. Thus there rivalry begins.

I'd like to see Metallo as a LexCorp military project (to take out Superman if necessary) gone haywire

As for Brainiac, there is some canon where Brainiac was a computer program that took over an organic body (Right? I could be wrong) Before MOS, I thought it would be cool for that to happen to Emil Hamilton, since in the comics he becomes a villain in his own right. Streamline Brainiac and Ruin together.

Last edited by SlamAdams; 06-16-2013 at 08:59 PM.
SlamAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #55
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I'm all for Brainiac in MOS2 if he's the Coluan version. Snyder would do wonders with the Skull Ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
I eat Raisin "Braniac" every morning.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 06-16-2013 at 09:16 PM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #56
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Honestly, I don't think there is a need for Brainiac in the sequel. Zod's genesis machine does just about everything Brainiac would do on film, so why bother? You had a villain of Kryptonian origin, with amazing technology that was able to put the hurt on Superman and create a real threat for Earth. Not much more to show, in that regard.
Now they should build on what Zod did to Earth...have Luthor expose himself and say "Superman is not to be trusted. He destroyed our city and killed millions, who's to say he won't kill you or me?" Essentially making the theme about fear of the unknown.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #57
chrisguyver
Side-Kick

I say lex for the next film with him using power suit which was made from the body amour zod takes off at the end fight seen

chrisguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #58
SuperAl
Superman's back!

still think Lex rebuilds Metropolis and the government funds some of his military projects. He experiments on 100s of people, turns one into Parasite and the another into Metallo.

personally think they should save Brainiac for later films. Still immediately thought brainiac when they showed the codex, looked too much like a skull with some strange engravings on it.

SuperAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:27 AM   #59
Alienous
Side-Kick

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Wasn't the codex a skull that was glowing green, partially? I got the impression that it was a Brainiac-like AI that Krypton allowed to govern over the births of Kryptonians.

Alienous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #60
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

The Codex looked to me like a portion of a fossil skull, I presume of some un modified genetic ancestor of their race. I'm not sure I buy any BRAINIAC connection. Of course I am biased against the versions of BRAINIAC that tie him to Krypton outside of his attack on Kandor. I prefer he be of Coluan origin. The fact that he had attacked Krypton in the past and posses one of their cities is enough of a connection to Kal-el for me. That he is another alien is enough for Luthor to use against Supes.

KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #61
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Brainiac could also be a reason for the failed outposts, and maybe supposed destruction of the worlds they were established on.

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #62
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post
Brainiac could also be a reason for the failed outposts, and maybe supposed destruction of the worlds they were established on.
I was thinking that too. And maybe Kandor was one of those outposts. That one shot of the failed outpost didn't seem like it was ravaged by time, it seemed like it went out swinging

Old 06-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #63
gdw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Honestly, I don't think there is a need for Brainiac in the sequel. Zod's genesis machine does just about everything Brainiac would do on film, so why bother? You had a villain of Kryptonian origin, with amazing technology that was able to put the hurt on Superman and create a real threat for Earth. Not much more to show, in that regard.
I was kind of thinking this watching it. It was like "What's left to have Brainiac do if they used him?"

In fact, in general, how do you top this> It was a virtual Kryptonian invasion.

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
gdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #64
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

What's left to do? Well...

Brainiac is a super intelligent enemy who would provide Supes with not only a physical threat, but a cerebral one. In addition, he could have a robot army of various soldiers that would be a new threat to Superman. From his vast knowledge he would also be aware of Superman's weaknesses and be able to use them against him. In some iterations he has telekinetic powers.

He is a totally different character than Zod and co. were. Brainiac isn't just a robot. He's a biological / robotic cyborg. As such he's not the "flat" character than some imagine him to be. The character can be made as one-dimensional or as multi-layered as the filmmaker's wish. I think he has great potential.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #65
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
What's left to do? Well...

Brainiac is a super intelligent enemy who would provide Supes with not only a physical threat, but a cerebral one. In addition, he could have a robot army of various soldiers that would be a new threat to Superman. From his vast knowledge he would also be aware of Superman's weaknesses and be able to use them against him. In some iterations he has telekinetic powers.

He is a totally different character than Zod and co. were. Brainiac isn't just a robot. He's a biological / robotic cyborg. As such he's not the "flat" character than some imagine him to be. The character can be made as one-dimensional or as multi-layered as the filmmaker's wish. I think he has great potential.
I think the biggest distinction to make is Brainiac could(and SHOULD) come across Earth randomly. One of the critiques about Man of Steel that I found incredibly relevant was is Earth really better off WITH Superman if Zod came specifically to get him? That seems like a better idea for a sequel after the Earth already owes gratitude towards Superman

Old 06-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #66
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I was thinking maybe Lex discovers Brainiac and draws him to earth, thinking he can "control" Brainiac, and thus have power on par with Supes... but of course he has waaaaay underestimated Brainiac.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #67
super-t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JangoNate View Post
I'm in for Lex and Metallo. In many ways, the film needs to go smaller and more personal for Superman. Lex can do that and Metallo can be a way to introduce Kryptonite and a villain that can go toe to toe with Supes.
My question is how are they going to introduce Kryptonite when Kal's ship when through the phantom zone before Krypton blew up. There were no fragments to go with it. Unless fragment went along with zods ship bu that too was gone before it exploded.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #68
SuperAl
Superman's back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-t View Post
My question is how are they going to introduce Kryptonite when Kal's ship when through the phantom zone before Krypton blew up. There were no fragments to go with it. Unless fragment went along with zods ship bu that too was gone before it exploded.
maybe Kryptonite powers some of their ships. Or possibly the "world builders" changed some elements of the earth and created kryptonite on earth.

SuperAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #69
blumatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
If there is kryptonie, I want it used once. There should be like one rock of kryptonite. Have be used to hurt Supes and have it be destroyed some how.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #70
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Maybe it was the result of the terraforming machine not finishing the job. if kryptonite is considered pieces of Krypton changed by the yellow sun just like Clark (right?) than the terraforming could have changed enough rocks to be like Krypton, but because they don't finish the job it changes under the yellow sun. Lex could find a deposit rebuilding the city or something

Old 06-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #71
gdw
Side-Kick

My concern with Brainiac at this point is that having Superman battle Kryptonian/alien tech again will feel repetitive to the general audiences.

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
gdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #72
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I think it can still be fresh and cool as long as the designs and Brainiac's schemes aren't repetitive. However, I think the one character they can't use in a sequel now is The Eradicator, since Zod took on a lot of his character, in a sense. That's a shame, because I love The Eradicator, but no matter. There are plenty of other great bad guys to choose from.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #73
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

MOS2: Brainiac + Doomsday?
JL: Darkseid
MOS3: Lex Luthor + OMACs

I'm all up for Lex Luthor in the sequel but I'd save Kal-El's greatest nemesis for the finale. Keeping Lex involved in MOS2 wouldn't hurt though. Introduce him but don't make him the villain right out the gate. Make Lex the growing and inevitable threat.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #74
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Yeah, I think that's what I'd like to see too. I don't want Lex to be a full-on villain in the sequel. It would be cool to see Lex and Superman working together initially for the greater good, and then have Supes realize towards the end just how bad Luthor really is.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #75
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Yeah, I think that's what I'd like to see too. I don't want Lex to be a full-on villain in the sequel. It would be cool to see Lex and Superman working together initially for the greater good, and then have Supes realize towards the end just how bad Luthor really is.
Agreed. Perhaps Supes and Lex team up to fend off Brainiac and Darkseid but eventually tension boils over which results in Luthor not trusting Kal-El and goes maniacal in protecting Earth from entities like him, and acquiring alien technology?

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is online now   Reply With Quote