The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

View Poll Results: Should Bale be Batman again in Justice League?
Yes 87 55.77%
No 52 33.33%
Maybe 17 10.90%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #201
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 2

With Hammer, height isn't the issue. I just don't think he suits Batman, like at all.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #202
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Shouldn't we just start the "New Batman" thread soon? I feel like it's time to bury the DK connection on here.

/I'm still on the Luke Evans bandwagon

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #203
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

We've already got the respective threads. ..it's just that people hardly venture into the Batboards

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #204
shauner111
Side-Kick

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think Nolan/Bale would do good with a lot of time away from the franchise while DC/WB handle a shared universe with Cavill and a new fantastical/young version of the Batman. Over the next 10, 15 years tell a new interpretation for the DCU.

Then when Bale is in his 50s, close to 60...have Nolan & Bale return to do their take on Batman Beyond. Bruce can play the older Bruce Wayne and depending on their ages JGL can play Nolan's version of Terry McGinnis. Or you wait long enough so it seems like Bale is this older man with a young Terry, where it takes place after Blake's run. Whatever that may be as Nightwing or whatever just patrolling the place over the years.

I just think there's story potential with the ending of The Dark Knight Rises. Nolan is influenced by Bladerunner. You can use that as a tone for the future of their universe. Alfred, Fox, Gordon are gone. Or Oldman returns in his 70s if they don't wait too long. Do some of the rogues that this new reboot skips over like say the new franchise goes through a different Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Grayson, etc but they skip Mr Freeze because the studio still feels gun-shy about him.

Batman Beyond will happen no matter what, but not for a while. So why not get Nolan & Bale back to do it if 15 to 20 years have passed and they think it's a fresh idea?? Beyond fits a closed off universe that doesn't have to mesh with Superman or the Justice League anyway. It would be an easy way to skip over all the Robin stuff they never wanted to do.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #205
Blackman
C'mon Son

Im not so sure than Batman Beyond will happen "no matter what". I'd like to see it, but I dont think it's a guarantee

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #206
shauner111
Side-Kick

Id say it's a guarantee. It's a strong interpretation that WB have tried to get off the ground in the past. A concept like that will happen, it's only a matter of time. It may take 15, 20 or 50 years but it will happen.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #207
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

That's probably the worst incarnation of a Batman Beyond idea I've read

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #208
Blackman
C'mon Son

always direct and to the point Majik...

Old 07-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #209
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

It's why we love him lol

I believe in Batfleck
Old 07-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #210
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

No offense but that is a really bad Batman Beyond incarnation.

I've always stated that Batman Beyond is the one and only interpretation of Batman that ever existed in any medium to do the "Batman can be a legacy" idea while still staying 100% true to what Batman is all about. I want it to keep that achievement and I don't want it touched by the same people that tried doing the same idea and ended up going against the entire essence of Batman during the execution.

Also, I do not want Nolan to touch Batman ever again. The guy has proven to not have even basic knowledge of Batman. He originally did not know Batman doesn't kill and planned to not give Batman his cape. Goyer and Jonathan Nolan had to talk him out of those things. All the great things about Batman in his films mainly came from the knowledge of Batman that Goyer and Jonathan provided him with. TDKR also probably turned out the way it did due to Nolan having a bit more control than he did with BB and TDK. But then again, that is just a theory that I have.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #211
shauner111
Side-Kick

95 percent of everybody's suggestions sound horrible to Majik. Yet I don't read anything coming out of his posts most of the time. Go figure. Or he'll criticize everyones suggestions while staying quiet on his end.

I don't care what anybody thinks of that Beyond suggestion I made. Im a fan of the idea and that's all that counts. One of the things me and my friends thought of (and it seems a lot of people online too) when we left the theater last July...was a Nolanized Batman Beyond years down the line with JGL and Bale.

I think something like that would be awesome in say, 15 years, when the DCU is winding down on film.

I bet if this new Batman takes a hit in the box-office with one of its sequels, you'll see WB running back to Nolan and making Beyond suggestions.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #212
Majik1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
95 percent of everybody's suggestions sound horrible to Majik. Yet I don't read anything coming out of his posts most of the time. Go figure. Or he'll criticize everyones suggestions while staying quiet on his end.
Here we go. Another "Majik hates everything!" rant.
Quote:
I don't care what anybody thinks of that Beyond suggestion I made. Im a fan of the idea and that's all that counts.
For you....
For the rest of the real Batman Beyond fans, it's horrible.
Quote:
One of the things me and my friends thought of (and it seems a lot of people online too) when we left the theater last July...was a Nolanized Batman Beyond years down the line with JGL and Bale.

I think something like that would be awesome in say, 15 years, when the DCU is winding down on film.

I bet if this new Batman takes a hit in the box-office with one of its sequels, you'll see WB running back to Nolan and making Beyond suggestions.
We won't, thankfully.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #213
Blackman
C'mon Son

@Shikamaru. I just think they shouldnt do i because Nolan and co seem to have told the story they wanted to tell. Even if you dont like the ending to TDKR, it did give a pretty definitive ending to Bruce's tenure as Batman. And while Bruce could come out of retirement, it seems silly to do that just for the sake of Justice League or World's Finest.

THe fans need to let Nolan go.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #214
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
No offense but that is a really bad Batman Beyond incarnation.

I've always stated that Batman Beyond is the one and only interpretation of Batman that ever existed in any medium to do the "Batman can be a legacy" idea while still staying 100% true to what Batman is all about. I want it to keep that achievement and I don't want it touched by the same people that tried doing the same idea and ended up going against the entire essence of Batman during the execution.

Also, I do not want Nolan to touch Batman ever again. The guy has proven to not have even basic knowledge of Batman. He originally did not know Batman doesn't kill and planned to not give Batman his cape. Goyer and Jonathan Nolan had to talk him out of those things. All the great things about Batman in his films mainly came from the knowledge of Batman that Goyer and Jonathan provided him with. TDKR also probably turned out the way it did due to Nolan having a bit more control than he did with BB and TDK. But then again, that is just a theory that I have.
The entire essence, blah blah. More purist talk. Im honestly sick of that ******** around here. It's so juvenile. It's film, his interpretation, get over it. Thank god Nolan went the direction he did with Rises otherwise we would have had the same old stupid ending where Batman's on a rooftop "Batman lives forever as Bruce Wayne". Thank GOD he had the balls to give the character a beautiful ending instead of doing something boring. Something we'll see at the end of every Batman film for the rest of eternity. Ughh.

BTW Jonah had a massive amount of control with Rises. Just as much as TDK.

The "essence of batman". Ive been on this planet longer than u have buddy, like most of us here, and probably been a fan of this character for longer and ur gonna try to post things over and over like you know the essence of him more than David Goyer, Michael Uslan (who ADORED the ending to Rises), hell even if Jett is an A-Hole...he and the others ive listed have been hardcore fans of this character for 40 to 60 years of Batmans 75 year existence. And of course YOU know the essence more than they do. Or you at least don't think the ending served any purpose? Give me a break.

They can do what they want with Batman. Same with Burton. Nolan or any future director can END their story however they want because comics don't have an ending. That's not ego on their part, that is simply being an artist who is doing their interpretation of the character because they're able to and because it is not the comics so they can do things the comics can't do.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #215
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Here we go. Another "Majik hates everything!" rant.

For you....
For the rest of the real Batman Beyond fans, it's horrible.

We won't, thankfully.
Good for them. I can care less. Ive said it before but im not a comic book stuckup purist who wants everything to be an exact adaptation of what ive seen from a tv series or book. Ill gladly watch a straight up adaptation of Beyond in its own universe. But im a fan of doing another take too. Shoot me!

Maybe you should think about why so many people call you out on that. Maybe there's a connection.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #216
Blackman
C'mon Son

well...

Old 07-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #217
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

I swear this is you, Maj, at our casting choices

I believe in Batfleck
Old 07-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #218
Majik1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Good for them. I can care less. Ive said it before but im not a comic book stuckup purist who wants everything to be an exact adaptation of what ive seen from a tv series or book. Ill gladly watch a straight up adaptation of Beyond in its own universe. But im a fan of doing another take too. Shoot me!
I'm not a purist either thanks. However, when certain properties have a distinct universe and story, there's no need for overly changing it. Unlike Batman himself, Batman Beyond doesn't have numerous decades of source material to pull from, it has a distinct beginning and end with a large middle ground. There's no need to change anything to the extreme that Nolan is known for.
Even the contemplation of writing out Terry in favor for Robin Blake is a ****ty move and honestly a big F you to the fans. Gordon still as Comm is ridiculous; Bladerunner as the tone just flat out sucks. And to top it all off, you want to ignore all the villains from Beyond in favor of Batman's normal villains.
It's like why even bother calling it Batman Beyond? Just call it Batman: The ****ty Nolan Continuation

Quote:
Maybe you should think about why so many people call you out on that. Maybe there's a connection.
What, 3, maybe 4 posters? Out of the entire forum. Yeah, I'll get right on that.
Maybe you should stop being a cry baby because people don't like your idea.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #219
Majik1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I swear this is you, Maj, at our casting choices

Still some of the best prosthetics I've seen.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #220
The Batman
The Dark Knight

That idea does indeed suck....and why run back to a previous version after you already have a new one?

Shauner, weren't you the one who claimed to be thinking about these things realistically, while most of us fanboys were only thinking about our personal wishes? What do you call this?

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #221
Blackman
C'mon Son

Fight Fight Fight Fight

Old 07-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #222
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

What I'm about to say will probably piss off a lot of people who were always in the Anti-Bale camp. Even though in all likelihood there's little chance of Bale returning, things can always change. Yes, I know Goyer, Roven, and Bale have all said the TDK Universe is finished and will not be part of the DC Cinematic Universe if it even comes to be. That said, what else would you really expect them to say right now? "Oh yeah they're completely related! Expect a Batman/Superman movie in 2015 starring Bale and Cavill!" lol! Yeah right! On the off chance that they were developing a scenario to incorporate the trilogy into a shared universe, we all know they would play it close to the vest until they were ready to announce it. In regards to Christian Bale's comments when he says ”I have no information, no knowledge about anything. I’ve literally not had a conversation with a living soul. I understand that they may be making a Justice League movie, that’s it.” Christian if you really don't want anything to do with Batman anymore perhaps you shouldn't have said that because WB's probably going to be blowing up your phone now! Well, your agents phone anyway.

Dusty_Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #223
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

But like said previously. WB really have no solid clue when JL is getting done. They have expectations, very little plans.

Would Bale really be interested to sit by his phone for God knows how long for this movie? Especially when there is little chance of him receiving that call down the long line?

I can't see him returning.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 07-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #224
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
But like said previously. WB really have no solid clue when JL is getting done. They have expectations, very little plans.
This

Old 07-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #225
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
I'm not a purist either thanks. However, when certain properties have a distinct universe and story, there's no need for overly changing it. Unlike Batman himself, Batman Beyond doesn't have numerous decades of source material to pull from, it has a distinct beginning and end with a large middle ground. There's no need to change anything to the extreme that Nolan is known for.
Even the contemplation of writing out Terry in favor for Robin Blake is a ****ty move and honestly a big F you to the fans. Gordon still as Comm is ridiculous; Bladerunner as the tone just flat out sucks. And to top it all off, you want to ignore all the villains from Beyond in favor of Batman's normal villains.
It's like why even bother calling it Batman Beyond? Just call it Batman: The ****ty Nolan Continuation

What, 3, maybe 4 posters? Out of the entire forum. Yeah, I'll get right on that.
Maybe you should stop being a cry baby because people don't like your idea.
I already said I can care less if people like my idea. Im not on here to seek approval, I was making a suggestion. I just find it funny how you constantly come on here and say things to people like "That's horrible" and your sitting there not giving YOUR suggestions most of the time, just criticizing. Or when you do have a cast list you promote like ur the greatest casting director of all time, when truly, your choices are even worse sometimes.

I never said Gordon would still be "commish".

Bladerunner as a tone would suck? OK. I disagree with you. Bladerunner is actually the way to go for a Beyond with maybe some more exaggeration. But this is a live-action version, it doesn't have to be exactly the same.

Even if it's not called Batman Beyond, fine, I don't care, they don't have to call it that. It's still a Beyond story done by Nolan. You have the young successor and the older retired Wayne in Gotham City decades after Bruce's retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
That idea does indeed suck....and why run back to a previous version after you already have a new one?

Shauner, weren't you the one who claimed to be thinking about these things realistically, while most of us fanboys were only thinking about our personal wishes? What do you call this?
I call it a possibility. Im fine if Nolans take on it is over and if Beyond eventually comes and it's exactly like the tv series. No problem. But there's a chance 15 years from now or longer that a Batman universe ends or doesn't do well and the studio goes back to Nolan to see if he wants to do something.