The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Upcoming Batman Solo Movie

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 11:31 PM   #426
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 5

Tom Hardy as Terry78 in SuperHeroHype: The Movie.

H.E.(R?)
Old 06-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #427
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

If they darken his skin, I'm boycotting.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:40 AM   #428
Rorschach2012
$

Batman: Joe Manganiello
Alfred Pennyworth: Alan Rickman
Jim Gordon: Bryan Cranston
Harvey Bullock: Dean Norris
Joker: Walton Goggins
Harley Quinn: Jane Levy
Catwoman: Diane Kruger
Mr. Freeze: Stanley Tucci
The Penguin: Albert Brooks
The Riddler: David Tennant
Two Face: Joaquin Phoenix
Scarecrow: Jackie Earle Haley
Ra's Al Ghul: Mads Mikkelsen
Talia Al Ghul: Olga Kurylenko

Old 06-26-2013, 05:22 AM   #429
Double B
Side-Kick

I don't want Joe Manganiello anywhere near the role.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #430
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF50 View Post
If Christopher Lee was younger, he'd have been an excellent Hugo Strange.
Nah he would been better cast as Ra's Al Ghul. he was born to play it.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #431
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Good call!

Old 06-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #432
Shamike1218
Side-Kick

Are we assuming that they're going to go young with Bruce since Cavill's Superman told us twice that he was 33 in Man of Steel? If we're going with someone that's comparable in age, I do like Luke Evans. I remember thinking the entire time I was watching The Raven, that he fit the part. However, if we got an older, more experienced Batman that's assumed to have been active for some time, I like Anson Mount. He's getting on up there, but he could still pull it off.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #433
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

since Supes will probably be at least 34/35 in JL, I think a Bats from 30 to 40 is fine. (Which could mean an actor anywhere from 27 to 40 today, depending on their face)

Old 06-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #434
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #435
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
I don't want Joe Manganiello anywhere near the role.
He can deliver the Batman of the animated series and comics. If you go back and read over the last few pages discussing Manganiello, and watch the videos posted of him, you may change your mind about him.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #436
elgaz
Side-Kick

He could pull off Bruce Wayne just fine too. He's just got his hair cut short, so all he needs is a shave and he's good to go

Old 06-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #437
regwec
Shakespearo

I don't know anything about this guy, and so I don't want to strike an unduly negative tone. But I don't think any actor should be chosen on the basis of the way they look or there possession of a 'gruff' voice or whatever. Mannerisms might put you in mind of a character they might play, but it should be remembered that acting is not just about exhibiting attributes in common with the part; it is a technical art that takes a degree of skill. I am encouraged to hear that the guy is good in a TV show, and more encouraged to hear that he was considered for Superman. But I it seems to me that this particular fanboy train has gained traction without much fuel.

I respect your opinions, and I hope to be convinced. But there doesn't seem to be much to go on at the moment.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #438
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square

Check out my poll.

Myself included, Joe has only 3 votes!

Old 06-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #439
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I don't know anything about this guy, and so I don't want to strike an unduly negative tone. But I don't think any actor should be chosen on the basis of the way they look or there possession of a 'gruff' voice or whatever. Mannerisms might put you in mind of a character they might play, but it should be remembered that acting is not just about exhibiting attributes in common with the part; it is a technical art that takes a degree of skill. I am encouraged to hear that the guy is good in a TV show, and more encouraged to hear that he was considered for Superman. But I it seems to me that this particular fanboy train has gained traction without much fuel.

I respect your opinions, and I hope to be convinced. But there doesn't seem to be much to go on at the moment.
dude, people aren't suggesting him purely for his looks or voice. He's been on a popular tv show for years, people have an idea of his acting ability by now.

His look and his voice definitely are in his favor, because he looks and sounds exactly like Bruce should look and sound, but people have been posting clips of him from his show to demonstrate his acting ability.

I don't fan cast based on looks, that's stupid. If I did, I'd have Gina Carano as Wonder Woman on my lists. I fan cast with acting ability, look, build, and voice in mind, in that order.

Manganiello isn't as good of an actor as Christian Bale is, but at the same time he hasn't been given the same roles as Christian Bale. But I find Manganiello to be a very good actor, and he can easily do all that is required in playing Bruce and Batman, it's not the hardest role in the world, we don't NEED Daniel Day Lewis as Batman. It's an action hero. Not ****ing Shakespeare.

If you're going to have an opinion on him, watch him on True Blood.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:36 PM   #440
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
he can easily do all that is required in playing Bruce and Batman, it's not the hardest role in the world, we don't NEED Daniel Day Lewis as Batman. It's an action hero. Not ****ing Shakespeare.
You see, that attitude is partly what I'm worried about.

I don't know if you are referring to any particular character in Shakespeare, but the premise of Batman is as complex, conflicted and as difficult to play as any. Further, the innate ability of Batman to appear ridiculous if poorly represented (hi, George) probably makes the actor's job much tougher. Batman is never as beautifully scripted as characters in Shakespeare's plays, but he is the kind of nexus of moral strengths and stresses that tragic heros tend to be.

That you see the part as just 'an action hero' would seem to suggest to me you think there isn't much to the role and that it doesn't therefore matter if you cast somebody based on traits first and talent second.

I don't mean to patronize you or put words in your mouth, and that may not be the way you truly look at it. But the above is an approach that I think would be selling the character seriously short, particularly after the nuanced and memorable performance that Christian Bale provided.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #441
shauner111
Side-Kick

World's Finest

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #442
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square

Watching more of Joe.

The more I reflect upon what I see from him. We say he could pull of the Conroy Batman. I do too, but to an extent.

Joe, I think as Batman, being perfectly honest, would somehow bore me. He's just too serious sounding. I can't see him pulling a full on Conroy Bats.

There's just something "dull" about him. I can't see him being Bruce Wayne. A mysterious moody Batman, but not a Conroy type. Conroy's Batman for all intents and purposes is like Daniel Craig's Bond.
I can't see Joe pulling that off. He lacks that range imo.

And also. Ryan Gosling - I can't see him in the role either. He's definitely more up Flash's street. He could bring something very interesting to that role.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #443
shauner111
Side-Kick

Well full-on Conroy wouldn't be the point, and I think if Goyer's introducing him, he's probably not looking at just a Conroy interpretation. He can be influenced by it but the key is to be his own version that stands out as well. Standing out from Keaton, West, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale, and even Conroy.

Im going with Joe because of the connection to Snyder's casting, his build, his serious approach to Batman works. He's not Mr. Charisma. He doesn't have the talent or range that Bale does or Gosling or Keaton. He may not be leading man material (which could be a problem) but he still has the ingredients.

I have to check out more from him. What ive seen tells me he would make a solid Bruce Wayne with that shorter hair and no beard. Batman is a sell for me.

Gosling fits Flash but he's still my pick in many ways for Batman. I see things in him for Bruce that others don't seem to see a lot of the times. Me and a few others I guess, but I just see the potential. It depends a lot on the variety of movies you've seen from him.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:42 AM   #444
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Cavill's face in that second pic would be my reaction to if Joe was cast.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #445
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I love the big sexy bastard, but he is no Batman, and I don't for a moment think he'd ever get cast in the role. He's an SHH casting thread fad.

I know, I've seen plenty of them.

H.E.(R?)
Old 06-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #446
shauner111
Side-Kick

I wouldn't be so sure. He almost got the part for Superman. Zack could make him his Batman.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #447
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

I've heard that said here a number of times is that really true? I don't think he ever got that far in the casting process and was actually trying to build up a fan support campaign for himself.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't between him and cavill in the end.

and again there is no sign at all zack will have anything to do with a new batman series.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:43 AM   #448
shauner111
Side-Kick

Solo series no, but Batman is most likely being brought to life with the new actor via Zack Snyder for Justice League/World's Finest. So it could originally be "Snyder's Batman" then passed off briefly to another director until the solo director passes him back off to Snyder when a JL sequel happens.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:23 AM   #449
StraightSix
Side-Kick

After watching MOS I really don't want Snyder involved in bringing batman into this new JL universe. Only thing I would let him have input on is bat suit designs.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:39 AM   #450
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I've heard that said here a number of times is that really true? I don't think he ever got that far in the casting process and was actually trying to build up a fan support campaign for himself.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't between him and cavill in the end.

and again there is no sign at all zack will have anything to do with a new batman series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Snyder
"Henry's just ... I love Joe too, by the way. Really he was the only other guy I was thinking of, to be honest, other than Henry. In the end, I think Henry just has this innocence, too [in addition to the physicality required for the role]."
I'm pretty sure it was.

http://www.fansshare.com/news/zack-s...-man-of-steel/

Joe Manganiello is probably going to be considered by WB. And in the past he's said he would be interested in the role of Batman

Closed Thread