The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-17-2013, 03:19 AM   #26
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Is there gonna be fortress of solitud in mos2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodust View Post
Would that mean Supergirl is Superman's great great great... grandmother?
Cousin
Basic definitions [edit]

The ordinals in the terms "first cousins", "second cousins", "third cousins", describe the "degree" of the cousin relationship. The degree of two cousins' relationship is determined by the number of generations to their closest common ancestor.[1] When the cousins are not the same generation, they are described as "removed". In this case, the smaller number of generations to the common ancestor is used to determine the degree, and the difference in generations determines the number of times removed. Note that the ages of the cousins are irrelevant to the definition of the cousin relationship.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:32 AM   #27
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Would that mean Supergirl is Superman's great great great... grandmother?
I think the idea was to just give the true fanboys something in the prequel comic...AND...a way to make it so that Supergirl would never, ever be brought in to the movies...unless they decide to, and then they can find her encased in ice or something.

Personally, I am opposed to ALL copycat characters, as it makes the main character less unique. DC has done this with practically every major character they have, and I can't stand it. Superman has Supergirl, a super cat, super monkey, super horse etc...Batman has Batgirl, Batwoman etc...Wonder Woman has Wonder Girl...there are THOUSANDS of guys with rings that do the same thing as Hal Jordan's. I just don't think it helps, and it is a lazy way of having a new character without truly developing a new idea.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #28
The Guard
Side-Kick

I'm betting that, with all the Kryptonian tech now gone/destroyed, and all of the knowledge lost to him, Superman will encounter it again, likely through Braniac, in a sequel. I wouldn't be surprised if Braniac was integral in the origins of a new Fortress.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #29
gdw
Side-Kick

When was the ship he found destroyed? I'm not recalling that at the moment.

I kind of liked the idea of it being the FOS.

Speaking of the FOS, the robots that JorEl and Lara had established Kryptonian tech in a way that would make it acceptable in this universe for Superman to have robots at the FOS. Usually I'm all for keeping elements like that out of the films, but the way they established a lot of things on Krypton made me think it could work.

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
gdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #30
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
It could be a symbolic Fortress of Solitude. Either way it looks like by the end of the movie Superman had found another place to hang his cape.
Quite possibly, the Justice League watchtower? Either way, the Fortress of Solitude is a HUGE part of the Superman mythos and there's absolutley NO way NOT to have another Fortress when he's destroying Government satellites in turn to try to find out "where he hangs his cape."

Even when he said to Lois "..I'll just disappear again" so he could have multiple Fortress's in different parts of the world. Kryptonian Tech will forever be accessible to Supes in one way or another. The Phantom Zone still exists as well and Zod reconfigured his pod using Phantom Zone technology so Supes won't deprive of a Fortress.

Hell, the "World Engine" broke in 4's and shattered and still exists in the India. Maybe that will be the next version of the Fortress and where it's located (but then again, the U.S Military were involved in helping Superman and are aware of the World Engine's whereabouts, so it's intriguing to see where they go with the Fortress.)

Last edited by Tra-El; 06-17-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Tra-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #31
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I wonder where he was referring to at the end of the movie, "I know you're trying to find where I hang my cape...you won't". Was he referring to the farm house or a new Fortress he is constructing??

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:55 AM   #32
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I wonder where he was referring to at the end of the movie, "I know you're trying to find where I hang my cape...you won't". Was he referring to the farm house or a new Fortress he is constructing??

I assumed the Fortress of Solitude , but he could be referring to either one of them.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:29 AM   #33
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Quite possibly, the Justice League watchtower? Either way, the Fortress of Solitude is a HUGE part of the Superman mythos and there's absolutley NO way NOT to have another Fortress when he's destroying Government satellites in turn to try to find out "where he hangs his cape."

Even when he said to Lois "..I'll just disappear again" so he could have multiple Fortress's in different parts of the world. Kryptonian Tech will forever be accessible to Supes in one way or another. The Phantom Zone still exists as well and Zod reconfigured his pod using Phantom Zone technology so Supes won't deprive of a Fortress.

Hell, the "World Engine" broke in 4's and shattered and still exists in the India. Maybe that will be the next version of the Fortress and where it's located (but then again, the U.S Military were involved in helping Superman and are aware of the World Engine's whereabouts, so it's intriguing to see where they go with the Fortress.)
ya. wonder if some of the kryptonian techology debris is under the possession of the government.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #34
gdw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
I assumed the Fortress of Solitude , but he could be referring to either one of them.
Or just who he is, and where he lives, in general. He's likely going to have his own place in Metropolis now, but I don't think the military was looking exclusively for his "home," but rather the ability to know where he is/track him.

Where he "hangs [his] cape" is more generalized/an expression.

The government wants to know to whom he is talking, and when, and from where. They want to know that about EVERYBODY, especially him now.

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
gdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #35
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Wait. When did the Arctic ship get destroyed?

Old 06-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #36
Reel
Side-Kick

The Scout Ship was sucked into the Phantom Zone

Reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #37
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel View Post
The Scout Ship was sucked into the Phantom Zone
Exactly. The one Kal-El was sent to earth in. Not the one in the Arctic.

The FoS ship is still alive and well. And I assume we will see it in the sequel.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #38
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

^Is the FOS ship the scout ship you are referring to? Because that was destroyed. Zod was piloting it at the end and Superman crashed through it and destroyed it with his heat vision from inside. Remember Zod was pleading with him to not destroy it because it had the genesis chamber inside it, their last chance of starting a new Krypton.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #39
jb007
Side-Kick

I like the ideal of there not being a true fortress. The ship was an origanal ideal.

John 16:33

"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
jb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #40
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
^Is the FOS ship the scout ship you are referring to? Because that was destroyed. Zod was piloting it at the end and Superman crashed through it and destroyed it with his heat vision from inside. Remember Zod was pleading with him to not destroy it because it had the genesis chamber inside it, their last chance of starting a new Krypton.
Okay. There are a lot of ships in this movie I'm trying to keep track.

1a. Zod's ship "Black Zero" i think it was called. Sent to the Phantom Zone with him and his crew and repartitioned with a Phantom Drive for interstellar/interplanar travel.
1b. World Engine. Separate vessel used for terraforming.
2. Kal-El's pod sent to Earth with a similar Phantom Drive engineered by Jor-El for interstellar travel. (this is the one I think they used to nuke Black Zero)
3. Scout ship found in the Arctic. Sent to Earth centuries prior by earlier Kryptonians. Effectively the Fortress of Solitude in MoS.
4. "Black Zero" dropship. Attacked Smallville.

now which one contained the Genesis Chamber?

Old 06-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #41
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Okay. There are a lot of ships in this movie I'm trying to keep track.

1a. Zod's ship "Black Zero" i think it was called. Sent to the Phantom Zone with him and his crew and repartitioned with a Phantom Drive for interstellar/interplanar travel.
1b. World Engine. Separate vessel used for terraforming.
2. Kal-El's pod sent to Earth with a similar Phantom Drive engineered by Jor-El for interstellar travel. (this is the one I think they used to nuke Black Zero)
3. Scout ship found in the Arctic. Sent to Earth centuries prior by earlier Kryptonians. Effectively the Fortress of Solitude in MoS.
4. "Black Zero" dropship. Attacked Smallville.

now which one contained the Genesis Chamber?
The scout ship did. Remember early on when Kal meets Jor-El, he explains Krypton's past and you see the genesis chamber at this point. At the end, Zod takes over the same ship, this is when Jor-El appears to him and he has his line about "arguing its merits with a ghost" then he overrides the AI Jor-El with his command key.

Kal has no Kryptonian tech left. It has either been destroyed or sent into the Phantom Zone.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #42
wampa1
Side-Kick

When does Zod take over that ship? I thought he was on his own ship and Jor-El was still there from when Lois uploaded him using that key thing...

wampa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #43
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wampa1 View Post
When does Zod take over that ship? I thought he was on his own ship and Jor-El was still there from when Lois uploaded him using that key thing...
This.

I dont remember Zod going to the Arctic.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #44
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

^I don't remember when, but the scout ships were the only ones that had the genesis chambers.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #45
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Zod's ship he used to travel to Kara's ship in is still in the arctic. I doubt all the Kryptonian tech was destroyed fully.

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #46
wampa1
Side-Kick

Zod found loads of scout ships prior to coming to Earth and could have fitted a chamber to his ship.

I'm 90% sure that 'Earth's' scout ship is still in the Arctic.

wampa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #47
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I really need to pay attention to this ship swapping when I see the film again.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #48
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Now you guys have me doubting myself. I could have sworn that ship Zod went down in at the end was the same one in the Arctic. Hmmm

Old 06-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #49
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
Now you guys have me doubting myself. I could have sworn that ship Zod went down in at the end was the same one in the Arctic. Hmmm
It was. Zod leaves Black Zero saying he has some business to settle with an old friend or whatnot. He takes one of the drop ships to the arctic and takes Kara's ship. He later crashes in it when Superman uses his heat vision to rip it apart.

Not hard to follow people.

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #50
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post
It was. Zod leaves Black Zero saying he has some business to settle with an old friend or whatnot. He takes one of the drop ships to the arctic and takes Kara's ship. He later crashes in it when Superman uses his heat vision to rip it apart.

Not hard to follow people.
Ok, that's what I thought