The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 04:13 AM   #76
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 15,304
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Three films from Maguire and four from Garfield. I’m very ok with that. I like the idea of a forth film possibly exploring an older, more seasoned Peter. With MJ too, if Gwen is killed off in the third outing. Things can change, sure, but at the moment Spider-Man’s filmic future is secure. TASM wasn’t dire like Superman 3, Superman 4 or Batman and Robin. I liked it. Though definitely the rest can be better.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:57 AM   #77
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,921
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Come on i would't put Spider-Man 3 in the same grouping as the other 2, if anything it was arguably closer to TASM than the others.

I have to say i think the action in Spider-Man 3 was more epic and enjoyable than in TASM.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:34 AM   #78
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 15,304
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Come on i would't put Spider-Man 3 in the same grouping as the other 2, if anything it was arguably closer to TASM than the others.

I have to say i think the action in Spider-Man 3 was more epic and enjoyable than in TASM.
Hm? I typed Superman 3, not Spider-Man 3.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #79
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick
 
Spiderdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,576
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Did they, though? It seemed like they played their hand in the editing with TAS-M.
How can you say that?

Marc probably edited out those scenes himself to lower the runtime

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #80
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,921
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Hm? I typed Superman 3, not Spider-Man 3.
Oops my bad. I totally thought i saw spider-man 3. I have actually seen some people group them together before. That list does make sense now actually.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #81
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

It's safe to assume that movie 3 and 4 are definitely happening because Sony doesn't want to lose the film rights. So they have to be made. Only reason they wouldn't be is because the movies start to flop.

The excitement here isn't so much the release dates, but the fact that that have four movies planned. Even if the release dates change.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #82
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 15,304
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Oops my bad. I totally thought i saw spider-man 3. I have actually seen some people group them together before. That list does make sense now actually.
That's fine. I don't hate Spider-Man 3 either.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #83
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,083
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

spider-man 3 is actually my favorite film out of the raimi series which aint saying much, its only because of the blacksuit storyline, thats the only reason, not that i think it has less flaws then then SM1 and 2, its just because i get to see scenes like black suited spidey hanging upside down which is visually awesome for me and the bell tower stuff

i still prefer TASM

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #84
Figs
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,624
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

The fact that they're going beyond a typical trilogy and have already announced dates for the next two films, I think that rumor that Sony isn't happy with this film is a bit of horse ****.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #85
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick
 
Spiderdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,576
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
The fact that they're going beyond a typical trilogy and have already announced dates for the next two films, I think that rumor that Sony isn't happy with this film is a bit of horse ****.
Wait! There was such a rumour?

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #86
Marvel Spider
Amazing.
 
Marvel Spider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,133
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

I've never even heard of that rumor.

Marvel Spider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #87
fuflipflops
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 405
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

i remember the rumor, i think it was back when tasm was released, or just before.

fuflipflops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #88
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,876
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Sony execs apparently asked for changes to be made, but that doesn't mean they were unhappy with the movie.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
"harm" is not the same thing as "stuff we don't like."
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #89
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,948
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Sony execs apparently asked for changes to be made, but that doesn't mean they were unhappy with the movie.
What was this in regard too, using spoiler tags if neccessary?

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #90
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
How can you say that?

Marc probably edited out those scenes himself to lower the runtime
You can't even say that when you said "Marc probably."

Agree to disagree as we're both guessing, but at least we know how Sony is.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #91
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
It's safe to assume that movie 3 and 4 are definitely happening because Sony doesn't want to lose the film rights. So they have to be made. Only reason they wouldn't be is because the movies start to flop.

The excitement here isn't so much the release dates, but the fact that that have four movies planned. Even if the release dates change.
Well, they have to make a Spidey film within five or seven years before the rights are taken back or something like that? If a TAS-M 3 is released in 2016, then they could still end up rebooting Spider-Man again and just get the reboot released before the rights are taken back. I don't think it's still concrete even to say a TAS-M 4 will be made.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #92
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,948
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Announcing 2018 release dates is nonsensical. I think it is just a case of marking your territory.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #93
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,528
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

As others have said already, I don't think this means much. If TASM2 and 3 aren't successful they'll probably reboot again or sell the property to Marvel. So it all depends. See Green Lantern as an example.

However, this at least shows that they don't intend to make it a trilogy only, which is great news to me! I'd hate for them to rush things like Sinister 6. I'd even want them to wait for Sinister 6 until ASM5, but I guess the actors won't be available then anymore.

__________________
Yeah they should just cancel the films and not even bother and spend the budget on building a giant statue of toby macguire instead!
-BRAB

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #94
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,876
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
What was this in regard too, using spoiler tags if neccessary?
Sony execs were apparently unhappy after viewing a screening cut of TASM and asked for changes, which is why we ended up with a number of scenes being cut from the final film even though several of said scenes had already been used in promotional spots.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
"harm" is not the same thing as "stuff we don't like."
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #95
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

That's still a rumor.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #96
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,948
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Someone link me up with that report, unless it comes from any sites that shall not be named .

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #97
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/201...-they-hate-it/

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #98
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man
 
GENERAL RAAM582's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 10,624
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

But did we ever know for sure if they did?

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #99
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

No. That's like a salesman telling people that the product he is selling is terrible.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #100
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
But did we ever know for sure if they did?
Way too difficult to say Sony hated The Amazing Spider-Man, but there are still unanswered questions, or the "untold story"() with why some stuff were taken out, especially Dr. Ratha's death scene where he cryptically asks Peter what he really was.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.