Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 02:19 AM   #326
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
In all seriousness, it looks to be the outline of a city. Probably Tokyo.

I've noticed that a lot too. It happens all the time, with almost any of the big stars workouts. "Here's the 300 workout! Here's Thor's workout!" etc etc. When I actually try to google these things, I usually end up getting tons of different results.

I think the reason this is though, is because I don't think they do set routines. Going off what a lot of the actors say in interviews, I think their trainers switch up their training quite a bit, so it isn't your typical "Okay, on monday's we'll do four sets on bench, four sets of flys etc. etc"
It's not one workout. It's constantly evolving. And they train over a year. It is literally not possible to list their entire schedule for a year to detail their regimen. Also 70% of it is diet. It is the diet which drops the body fat drop and gives them all the awesome muscle definition that they have.

In theory we all know what to do and how to get that physique, it is just that we need a schedule, we need a trainer over-seeing every rep and seeing the form is correct and guiding us through workouts, a dietician cooking all our meals and on time and a team ensuring our body is resting and growing.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:21 AM   #327
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
I've noticed that a lot too. It happens all the time, with almost any of the big stars workouts. "Here's the 300 workout! Here's Thor's workout!" etc etc. When I actually try to google these things, I usually end up getting tons of different results.

I think the reason this is though, is because I don't think they do set routines. Going off what a lot of the actors say in interviews, I think their trainers switch up their training quite a bit, so it isn't your typical "Okay, on monday's we'll do four sets on bench, four sets of flys etc. etc"
I'd like to know that sort of stuff, how they switch it up and change things.
I have a set routine but if I knew better ways to do things for better results I would give it a go.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 07-05-2013, 04:24 AM   #328
UnionJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
In theory we all know what to do and how to get that physique, it is just that we need a schedule, we need a trainer over-seeing every rep and seeing the form is correct and guiding us through workouts, a dietician cooking all our meals and on time and a team ensuring our body is resting and growing.
Basically we shouldn't have a full time job as it's impossible to hit the gym 2-3 times a day and eat all those meals while trying to keep a real job.

I'd love to get paid to work out then pretend to be a super hero, that's a dream job!

Old 07-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #329
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

But is it really sustainable? I was reading where Jackman said it was getting harder and harder each time to get back into that form. It isn't natural.

Proud Co-founder of Gambit’s Royal Flush
Old 07-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #330
UnionJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
But is it really sustainable? I was reading where Jackman said it was getting harder and harder each time to get back into that form. It isn't natural.
Not sustainable at all unless you do nothing but train.

I'd like to see it to take parts of it for myself.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #331
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

New spot with a tiny bit of new footage with Silver Samurai

Old 07-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #332
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I've seen the black and white posters all over the place. I was driving back from south Jersey and every bus stop had a different character on it.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #333
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Howlett View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

New spot with a tiny bit of new footage with Silver Samurai
It's old.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 07-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #334
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
It's old.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Oh, The WolverineUK twitter page posted it as a new TV spot lol

Old 07-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #335
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Basically we shouldn't have a full time job as it's impossible to hit the gym 2-3 times a day and eat all those meals while trying to keep a real job.

I'd love to get paid to work out then pretend to be a super hero, that's a dream job!
What we are seeing in superhero movies might lead to unachievable expectations in men. Sure I would like to look like Cavill in MOS or Jackman in The Wolverine but I have a highly demanding, highly stressful and highly time consuming Consulting job which leaves me time for almost nothing else. It is my job to deliver my projects. I get paid for that.

Conversely, it is the job of Jackman and Cavill to take off their shirt and make people's jaw drop. So that's what they do. They get paid for it.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #336
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
What we are seeing in superhero movies might lead to unachievable expectations in men. Sure I would like to look like Cavill in MOS or Jackman in The Wolverine but I have a highly demanding, highly stressful and highly time consuming Consulting job which leaves me time for almost nothing else. It is my job to deliver my projects. I get paid for that.

Conversely, it is the job of Jackman and Cavill to take off their shirt and make people's jaw drop. So that's what they do. They get paid for it.
Plus, they save a fortune on shirts when they have to market the movie...

Old 07-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #337
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
It really is not, even they themselves do it only for their movies. And even what you see in the movie is extremely exaggerated, they don't look like that 24/7.

Take Cavill, for his shirtless scene in MOS, he literally did not eat any fat for 6 weeks and consumed very few calories. He probably went on carb depletion to get that sickening muscle definition. He looked like that for a day or two at max. But men see it and think they need to look like that always.

Jackman, for his shirtless scenes, does the bodybuilding trick of dehydration where he does not consume fluids for 36 hours, it just tightens up your skin and give that extra pop to the abs as they appear even more pronounced and contoured. Plus before every take he must do a hell lot of push-ups or curls for the veins to stand out. So he too looks like that for an hour or two. But men see that body on the screen and think they need to look like that always.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #338
Great Mind(s)
Broken

And why does he have to be THAT buff exactly?

Old 07-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #339
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
And why does he have to be THAT buff exactly?
Because this is not a good look:

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
Old 07-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #340
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

apparently his um groin is exploding in that pic as well.......

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 07-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #341
Hammer!
Side-Kick

Have historically been more into Avengers characters, though I'm trying to catch up on X-comics - is Viper Madame Hydra from late 60's Cap comics? Really liked that character and wanted her to be in future Cap sequels.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #342
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
Have historically been more into Avengers characters, though I'm trying to catch up on X-comics - is Viper Madame Hydra from late 60's Cap comics? Really liked that character and wanted her to be in future Cap sequels.
yes/no. she's Viper aka Madame Hydra in the comics, but she's apparently a mutant in this version of the film, with snake like powers.

Odds are that FOX is using "Viper" as a mutant, while Marvel if they ever use her will refer to her as "Madame Hydra" and probably be the dark haired; non mutant, version we know from the books.

but the character will play out the same under both studios

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 07-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #343
UnionJack

Quote:

Yes I get that, I have a full time job and try and train most nights, but sometimes I just want to chill out and game/catch up on tv/comics.

IF I was to get paid while working out that would be epic ... then to put on a superhero costume and hang out with ScarJo ... I'd do for free!

Old 07-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #344
Hammer!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
yes/no. she's Viper aka Madame Hydra in the comics, but she's apparently a mutant in this version of the film, with snake like powers.

Odds are that FOX is using "Viper" as a mutant, while Marvel if they ever use her will refer to her as "Madame Hydra" and probably be the dark haired; non mutant, version we know from the books.

but the character will play out the same under both studios
Madame Hydra has history with the X-Men? I was unaware of this.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #345
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Under the Viper name she has history with the Silver Samurai,and Wolverine.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #346
Joe Stubbs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
Madame Hydra has history with the X-Men? I was unaware of this.
She features prominently in Uncanny X-Men #172 and 173 which are two of the comics which inspired the storyline for the film (they carry the story on from the Claremont Wolverine mini-series), as well as some other X-Men stuff I think. She was even been married to Wolverine at one point.

I'd imagine she's one of the characters that Fox and Marvel share rights to, like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #347
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I've seen the black and white posters all over the place. I was driving back from south Jersey and every bus stop had a different character on it.
That sounds cool!

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 07-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #348
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 07-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #349
eddy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Haven't been following development on this movie but the girl on the right is so gorgeous

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #350
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
It really is not, even they themselves do it only for their movies. And even what you see in the movie is extremely exaggerated, they don't look like that 24/7.

Take Cavill, for his shirtless scene in MOS, he literally did not eat any fat for 6 weeks and consumed very few calories. He probably went on carb depletion to get that sickening muscle definition. He looked like that for a day or two at max. But men see it and think they need to look like that always.

Jackman, for his shirtless scenes, does the bodybuilding trick of dehydration where he does not consume fluids for 36 hours, it just tightens up your skin and give that extra pop to the abs as they appear even more pronounced and contoured. Plus before every take he must do a hell lot of push-ups or curls for the veins to stand out. So he too looks like that for an hour or two. But men see that body on the screen and think they need to look like that always.
While I totally agree that it is physically unrealistic to maintain the "shirtless scene-ready" body all the time, it is also worth mentioning, in my opinion, that most people can still look fit and strong. There's a fine line between expecting to look like movie superheroes all the time, and blaming it on extreme diet/workouts and calling it totally unachievable.

We may think so in this age of fast food, junk, sedentary lifestyle with little physical struggle, but the human body was meant to be fit. Tell native american hunters that having a strong, fast body was unrealistic. Their lives depended on it. I'd say even in today's world, soldiers and other military personnel depend on having a very fit, strong body. And the aesthetics are just a sweet bonus to having such functional, muscular physiques.

Just wanted to put it out there. I find it rather annoying that people say things like how great bodies are totally unrealistic haha. Sure, being totally jacked, vasucular, and having abs that pop out all the time is unrealistic, but with dedication, discipline, and effort to rigorously workout 3-4 times a week and eat the right foods, anyone can look good without a shirt, or at least fill out their shirt better I haven't even begun to mention the vast health/medical/lifestyle benefits of having a healthy, strong body.

Closed Thread