The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 02:19 AM   #326
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist
 
slumcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,784
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
In all seriousness, it looks to be the outline of a city. Probably Tokyo.



I've noticed that a lot too. It happens all the time, with almost any of the big stars workouts. "Here's the 300 workout! Here's Thor's workout!" etc etc. When I actually try to google these things, I usually end up getting tons of different results.

I think the reason this is though, is because I don't think they do set routines. Going off what a lot of the actors say in interviews, I think their trainers switch up their training quite a bit, so it isn't your typical "Okay, on monday's we'll do four sets on bench, four sets of flys etc. etc"
It's not one workout. It's constantly evolving. And they train over a year. It is literally not possible to list their entire schedule for a year to detail their regimen. Also 70% of it is diet. It is the diet which drops the body fat drop and gives them all the awesome muscle definition that they have.

In theory we all know what to do and how to get that physique, it is just that we need a schedule, we need a trainer over-seeing every rep and seeing the form is correct and guiding us through workouts, a dietician cooking all our meals and on time and a team ensuring our body is resting and growing.

slumcat is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 04:21 AM   #327
UnionJack
In training at MI:13
 
UnionJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,724
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
I've noticed that a lot too. It happens all the time, with almost any of the big stars workouts. "Here's the 300 workout! Here's Thor's workout!" etc etc. When I actually try to google these things, I usually end up getting tons of different results.

I think the reason this is though, is because I don't think they do set routines. Going off what a lot of the actors say in interviews, I think their trainers switch up their training quite a bit, so it isn't your typical "Okay, on monday's we'll do four sets on bench, four sets of flys etc. etc"
I'd like to know that sort of stuff, how they switch it up and change things.
I have a set routine but if I knew better ways to do things for better results I would give it a go.

__________________
“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
Charles Bukowski

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

UnionJack is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 04:24 AM   #328
UnionJack
In training at MI:13
 
UnionJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,724
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
In theory we all know what to do and how to get that physique, it is just that we need a schedule, we need a trainer over-seeing every rep and seeing the form is correct and guiding us through workouts, a dietician cooking all our meals and on time and a team ensuring our body is resting and growing.
Basically we shouldn't have a full time job as it's impossible to hit the gym 2-3 times a day and eat all those meals while trying to keep a real job.

I'd love to get paid to work out then pretend to be a super hero, that's a dream job!

__________________
“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
Charles Bukowski

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

UnionJack is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #329
squeekness
The mighty squeek!
 
squeekness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Not writing near fast enough
Posts: 69,373
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

But is it really sustainable? I was reading where Jackman said it was getting harder and harder each time to get back into that form. It isn't natural.

__________________
Please read my X-men fanfiction. There's pictures!

Proud Co-founder of Gambit’s Royal Flush
squeekness is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #330
UnionJack
In training at MI:13
 
UnionJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,724
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
But is it really sustainable? I was reading where Jackman said it was getting harder and harder each time to get back into that form. It isn't natural.
Not sustainable at all unless you do nothing but train.

I'd like to see it to take parts of it for myself.

__________________
“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
Charles Bukowski

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

UnionJack is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #331
J_Howlett
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 429
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


New spot with a tiny bit of new footage with Silver Samurai

J_Howlett is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #332
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

I've seen the black and white posters all over the place. I was driving back from south Jersey and every bus stop had a different character on it.

Great Mind(s) is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #333
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.
 
TheIrishAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,877
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Howlett View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


New spot with a tiny bit of new footage with Silver Samurai
It's old.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR
7.11.14



TheIrishAvenger is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #334
J_Howlett
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 429
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
It's old.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Oh, The WolverineUK twitter page posted it as a new TV spot lol

J_Howlett is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #335
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist
 
slumcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,784
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Basically we shouldn't have a full time job as it's impossible to hit the gym 2-3 times a day and eat all those meals while trying to keep a real job.

I'd love to get paid to work out then pretend to be a super hero, that's a dream job!
What we are seeing in superhero movies might lead to unachievable expectations in men. Sure I would like to look like Cavill in MOS or Jackman in The Wolverine but I have a highly demanding, highly stressful and highly time consuming Consulting job which leaves me time for almost nothing else. It is my job to deliver my projects. I get paid for that.

Conversely, it is the job of Jackman and Cavill to take off their shirt and make people's jaw drop. So that's what they do. They get paid for it.

slumcat is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #336
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 23,200
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
What we are seeing in superhero movies might lead to unachievable expectations in men. Sure I would like to look like Cavill in MOS or Jackman in The Wolverine but I have a highly demanding, highly stressful and highly time consuming Consulting job which leaves me time for almost nothing else. It is my job to deliver my projects. I get paid for that.

Conversely, it is the job of Jackman and Cavill to take off their shirt and make people's jaw drop. So that's what they do. They get paid for it.
Plus, they save a fortune on shirts when they have to market the movie...

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #337
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist
 
slumcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,784
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
But is it really sustainable? I was reading where Jackman said it was getting harder and harder each time to get back into that form. It isn't natural.
It really is not, even they themselves do it only for their movies. And even what you see in the movie is extremely exaggerated, they don't look like that 24/7.

Take Cavill, for his shirtless scene in MOS, he literally did not eat any fat for 6 weeks and consumed very few calories. He probably went on carb depletion to get that sickening muscle definition. He looked like that for a day or two at max. But men see it and think they need to look like that always.

Jackman, for his shirtless scenes, does the bodybuilding trick of dehydration where he does not consume fluids for 36 hours, it just tightens up your skin and give that extra pop to the abs as they appear even more pronounced and contoured. Plus before every take he must do a hell lot of push-ups or curls for the veins to stand out. So he too looks like that for an hour or two. But men see that body on the screen and think they need to look like that always.

slumcat is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #338
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

And why does he have to be THAT buff exactly?

Great Mind(s) is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #339
BlackFox
Almost ninja
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: out of sight
Posts: 4,308
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
And why does he have to be THAT buff exactly?
Because this is not a good look:




__________________
THE DARK KNIGHT


(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #340
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,572
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

apparently his um groin is exploding in that pic as well.......

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #341
Hammer!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 624
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Have historically been more into Avengers characters, though I'm trying to catch up on X-comics - is Viper Madame Hydra from late 60's Cap comics? Really liked that character and wanted her to be in future Cap sequels.

Hammer! is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #342
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,572
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
Have historically been more into Avengers characters, though I'm trying to catch up on X-comics - is Viper Madame Hydra from late 60's Cap comics? Really liked that character and wanted her to be in future Cap sequels.
yes/no. she's Viper aka Madame Hydra in the comics, but she's apparently a mutant in this version of the film, with snake like powers.

Odds are that FOX is using "Viper" as a mutant, while Marvel if they ever use her will refer to her as "Madame Hydra" and probably be the dark haired; non mutant, version we know from the books.

but the character will play out the same under both studios

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #343
UnionJack
In training at MI:13
 
UnionJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,724
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
What we are seeing in superhero movies might lead to unachievable expectations in men. Sure I would like to look like Cavill in MOS or Jackman in The Wolverine but I have a highly demanding, highly stressful and highly time consuming Consulting job which leaves me time for almost nothing else. It is my job to deliver my projects. I get paid for that.

Conversely, it is the job of Jackman and Cavill to take off their shirt and make people's jaw drop. So that's what they do. They get paid for it.
Yes I get that, I have a full time job and try and train most nights, but sometimes I just want to chill out and game/catch up on tv/comics.

IF I was to get paid while working out that would be epic ... then to put on a superhero costume and hang out with ScarJo ... I'd do for free!

__________________
“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
Charles Bukowski

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

UnionJack is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #344
Hammer!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 624
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
yes/no. she's Viper aka Madame Hydra in the comics, but she's apparently a mutant in this version of the film, with snake like powers.

Odds are that FOX is using "Viper" as a mutant, while Marvel if they ever use her will refer to her as "Madame Hydra" and probably be the dark haired; non mutant, version we know from the books.

but the character will play out the same under both studios
Madame Hydra has history with the X-Men? I was unaware of this.

Hammer! is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #345
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,739
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Under the Viper name she has history with the Silver Samurai,and Wolverine.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #346
Joe Stubbs
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 104
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
Madame Hydra has history with the X-Men? I was unaware of this.
She features prominently in Uncanny X-Men #172 and 173 which are two of the comics which inspired the storyline for the film (they carry the story on from the Claremont Wolverine mini-series), as well as some other X-Men stuff I think. She was even been married to Wolverine at one point.

I'd imagine she's one of the characters that Fox and Marvel share rights to, like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Joe Stubbs is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #347
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,197
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I've seen the black and white posters all over the place. I was driving back from south Jersey and every bus stop had a different character on it.
That sounds cool!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | PROFESSOR X | PORTRAYED BY PATRICK STEWART
"Every few hundred millenia evolution leaps forward." - X1
"Sharing the world has never been humanity's defining attribute." - X2
"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #348
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.
 
TheIrishAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,877
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4


__________________
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR
7.11.14



TheIrishAvenger is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #349
eddy
Side-Kick
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,594
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Haven't been following development on this movie but the girl on the right is so gorgeous

__________________
" I want to make the kind of movie that inspires people to say, ‘There should be more movies with Super Heroes in them.’”
-Joss Whedon


AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
eddy is online now  
Old 07-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #350
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,725
Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
It really is not, even they themselves do it only for their movies. And even what you see in the movie is extremely exaggerated, they don't look like that 24/7.

Take Cavill, for his shirtless scene in MOS, he literally did not eat any fat for 6 weeks and consumed very few calories. He probably went on carb depletion to get that sickening muscle definition. He looked like that for a day or two at max. But men see it and think they need to look like that always.

Jackman, for his shirtless scenes, does the bodybuilding trick of dehydration where he does not consume fluids for 36 hours, it just tightens up your skin and give that extra pop to the abs as they appear even more pronounced and contoured. Plus before every take he must do a hell lot of push-ups or curls for the veins to stand out. So he too looks like that for an hour or two. But men see that body on the screen and think they need to look like that always.
While I totally agree that it is physically unrealistic to maintain the "shirtless scene-ready" body all the time, it is also worth mentioning, in my opinion, that most people can still look fit and strong. There's a fine line between expecting to look like movie superheroes all the time, and blaming it on extreme diet/workouts and calling it totally unachievable.

We may think so in this age of fast food, junk, sedentary lifestyle with little physical struggle, but the human body was meant to be fit. Tell native american hunters that having a strong, fast body was unrealistic. Their lives depended on it. I'd say even in today's world, soldiers and other military personnel depend on having a very fit, strong body. And the aesthetics are just a sweet bonus to having such functional, muscular physiques.

Just wanted to put it out there. I find it rather annoying that people say things like how great bodies are totally unrealistic haha. Sure, being totally jacked, vasucular, and having abs that pop out all the time is unrealistic, but with dedication, discipline, and effort to rigorously workout 3-4 times a week and eat the right foods, anyone can look good without a shirt, or at least fill out their shirt better I haven't even begun to mention the vast health/medical/lifestyle benefits of having a healthy, strong body.

hafizbat is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.