The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #26
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Isco going to Madrid ?

Looks like it :-)

Old 06-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #27
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Liverpool's new signing Luis Alberto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
I know its from the red tops but a lot are reporting that rooney is demanding to go to cheslea

the ungrateful little prick wants to go thats fine but there is no chance in hell he should be going to another top 4 club, especially not Chelsea. ship the corner boy to turkey for all i care

yeah he'll fit in with the whole booze, women and party life style of the team, even from a non united tinted view point where the hell would he play with the others in the team and who ever else jose is bringing
I'm so sick of the whole Rooney saga, I hope it's sorted out next week as is being suggested. I agree we should try to avoid selling him inside the PL but it will depend on who is pushing more for him to leave, United or Rooney.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 06-23-2013, 03:50 AM   #28
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

thought we couldnt actually aign people til July 1st....

oh well he is an exciting prospect thats for sure.... at least we'll definately have a Luis come september

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 06-23-2013, 04:56 AM   #29
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The biggest thing to me is that Thiago would enhance our team, he's potentially world class and he's no smaller than Scholes. Silva or Mata, or indeed our own Kagawa. I'm sure physically he'll be fine, I mean Moyes may even be looking to use a 3 man midfield with Thiago as an AM, who knows at this point. Strootman would be a solid squad addition who can can grow but I don't see him as being enough on his own.
To be fair at this point I feel both Strootman & Thiago could potentially be world class regardless of what clubs they goto, but both very different players. Strootman looks like a very versatile CM capable of playing in defensive, advanced roles or even as a box to box CM. Thiago on the other hand is someone who likes to see alot of the ball, won't be very strong defensively, but looks potentially like he could become a world class playmaker.

Either of them would enhance our CM simply because it's been kinda passive in recent seasons, despite the clubs continued success in the past 4 or 5 years when we have come up against teams with good CM's either good with passing/movement or simply very physical one's, we have looked wanting a little bit.

If we'd made a move & acquired 1 or 2 CM's when the likes of Hargreaves, Scholes & Fletcher needed replacing we would have never lost to Barcelona in those 2 CL finals. CM was the area that lost us those 2 games I feel.

Hopefully we land both though.

The Rooney issue has to be sorted, while I'd like to see us keep our best players, I also don't want someone in the team who doesn't want to be there, not to mention I feel the club & fans feel quite let down by him asking to leave for what I can assume, is because he doesn't have the heart to fight for his spot anymore. Which will result in him getting jeered by the home fans throughout the season if he stays & doesn't start performing. Then if we do plan on selling him, we need to use the money & try to acquire another top talent, preferably a 20 goal a season player.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:47 AM   #30
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
thought we couldnt actually aign people til July 1st....

oh well he is an exciting prospect thats for sure.... at least we'll definately have a Luis come september
I'm not sure how it works but there's been a few "Pose with the shirt" pics done so I'm gathering the deals are complete.

Speaking of which, Iago Aspas has completed his move.

He kinda looks like Santino Marella in the pic below.

So that's 3 done with Mignolet for 9M likely to be done this week. How many more signings are you expecting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
To be fair at this point I feel both Strootman & Thiago could potentially be world class regardless of what clubs they goto, but both very different players. Strootman looks like a very versatile CM capable of playing in defensive, advanced roles or even as a box to box CM. Thiago on the other hand is someone who likes to see alot of the ball, won't be very strong defensively, but looks potentially like he could become a world class playmaker.

Either of them would enhance our CM simply because it's been kinda passive in recent seasons, despite the clubs continued success in the past 4 or 5 years when we have come up against teams with good CM's either good with passing/movement or simply very physical one's, we have looked wanting a little bit.
I haven't seen a lot of Strootman but what I have seen hasn't made me think he has world class potential, I think his mobility is suspect for starters. He looks like he could develop though as he's physically strong and technically good, I just think his ceiling is below World class.

Thiago on the other hand is amongst the 5 best CM prospects in Europe right now IMO, and at 22 with a pivotal role in our midfield I think he can become one of the best CM's in the game.

Quote:
If we'd made a move & acquired 1 or 2 CM's when the likes of Hargreaves, Scholes & Fletcher needed replacing we would have never lost to Barcelona in those 2 CL finals. CM was the area that lost us those 2 games I feel.
We certainly missed Fletcher in Rome but that was unfortunate more than anything. We should have been in for a CM for the last 3 years though at the very least, if we had gotten Vidal or Martinez I think we'd have fared better in the CL in the last 2 seasons.

Quote:
Hopefully we land both though.
Agreed.

Quote:
The Rooney issue has to be sorted, while I'd like to see us keep our best players, I also don't want someone in the team who doesn't want to be there, not to mention I feel the club & fans feel quite let down by him asking to leave for what I can assume, is because he doesn't have the heart to fight for his spot anymore. Which will result in him getting jeered by the home fans throughout the season if he stays & doesn't start performing. Then if we do plan on selling him, we need to use the money & try to acquire another top talent, preferably a 20 goal a season player.
Honestly if there really is a chance to put Rooney and money together and get Ronaldo from Real then we should do everything to make it happen. We'd be shifting a problem and gaining his goals and a much better player all at once.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 06-24-2013, 01:49 AM   #31
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
So that's 3 done with Mignolet for 9M likely to be done this week. How many more signings are you expecting?
I still expect (excluding Mignolet) 3 or 4 - think mkhitaryan will sign (he was seen signing liverpool shirts for fans in his home town) and think we will get at least one defender

the outs are the confusing part imo... :s

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 06-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #32
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

There are a lot of rumours floating around that a possible deal of 60m and Rooney and united will get Ronald's

Like I said its twitter and red top rumours but even if there is a little bit of truth ill drive the little **** to the airport myself.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 06-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #33
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I still expect (excluding Mignolet) 3 or 4 - think mkhitaryan will sign (he was seen signing liverpool shirts for fans in his home town) and think we will get at least one defender

4 on top of the 4 you'll have signed by the end of the week? Mkhitaryan looks very good, isn't there a hold up with 3rd party ownership?

Who are you expecting out bar Suarez and Reina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
There are a lot of rumours floating around that a possible deal of 60m and Rooney and united will get Ronald's

Like I said its twitter and red top rumours but even if there is a little bit of truth ill drive the little **** to the airport myself.
Hell if that is the case you can save gas money and we'll carry him together!

Old 06-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #34
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:

There's talk that Coates is being shopped around.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 06-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #35
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

It's like Liverpool don't wanna play Centre-halfs next season!

Umm... Maybe that's why they have TWO first choice keepers! That'd make an interesting formation!

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 06-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #36
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
There's talk that Coates is being shopped around.
yeah I expect Coates to leave

probably Downing too - I meant Im not really sure what first teamers will go, skrtel, reina, suarez, hendo, johnson could all potentially be off.... but could also all easily stay!

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 06-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #37
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Coates has good size but he lacks the pace to play at this level I think.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 06-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #38
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Sounds like it is Ancelotti and Isco to Real Madrdi then, according to Florentino Perez.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #39
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Mario Balotelli has been sent home from the confed cup, to get treatment for his thigh, not what Italy needs right now.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #40
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
4 on top of the 4 you'll have signed by the end of the week? Mkhitaryan looks very good, isn't there a hold up with 3rd party ownership?

Who are you expecting out bar Suarez and Reina?
not actually expecting those two off tbh.... I think Reina is more likely to be off than Suarez, but could easily see both in red (well white and pink for Reina lol) next season and wouldn't be surprised

would be surprised if Stewie was still here - spearing is def off, so is Coates - would expect Skrtel to go too and possibly Glenn Johnson

Henderson is unfortunately on high wages which puts too much pressure to offload him, even though I think he is class and would be gutted if he were sold - Assaidi will go, and I think Shelvey will go too - think if we identify a good left back Jose will be surplus to requirement but thats a big if

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 06-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #41
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
not actually expecting those two off tbh.... I think Reina is more likely to be off than Suarez, but could easily see both in red (well white and pink for Reina lol) next season and wouldn't be surprised

would be surprised if Stewie was still here - spearing is def off, so is Coates - would expect Skrtel to go too and possibly Glenn Johnson

Henderson is unfortunately on high wages which puts too much pressure to offload him, even though I think he is class and would be gutted if he were sold - Assaidi will go, and I think Shelvey will go too - think if we identify a good left back Jose will be surplus to requirement but thats a big if
You feeling that you will see off the Real Madrid interest in Suarez? The interesting thing about Reina is would he be willing to play back-up? as I don't see Rodgers paying 9M for a reserve keeper.

I could see dead wood like Shelvey and Spearing going for sure and I guess that despite some improvement Downing doesn't really have enough in his game to fit Rodgers style. However both fullbacks and an experienced CB leaving in one go would really shake up a defense too abruptly IMO.

Did Assaidi ever play?

Henderson seemed to be becoming a mainstay, I'd be surprised if you sold him, in fact where would he go? My guess is he'd accept a new contract that spread his wages out over more years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Sounds like it is Ancelotti and Isco to Real Madrdi then, according to Florentino Perez.
Yeah, nice start for them, although it looks like Chelsea are going to beat them to Cavani.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:30 AM   #42
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
You feeling that you will see off the Real Madrid interest in Suarez? The interesting thing about Reina is would he be willing to play back-up? as I don't see Rodgers paying 9M for a reserve keeper.

I could see dead wood like Shelvey and Spearing going for sure and I guess that despite some improvement Downing doesn't really have enough in his game to fit Rodgers style. However both fullbacks and an experienced CB leaving in one go would really shake up a defense too abruptly IMO.

Did Assaidi ever play?

Henderson seemed to be becoming a mainstay, I'd be surprised if you sold him, in fact where would he go? My guess is he'd accept a new contract that spread his wages out over more years.

Yeah, nice start for them, although it looks like Chelsea are going to beat them to Cavani.
see I dont think there is any actual interest from Madrid.... at least not yet

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 06-25-2013, 04:28 AM   #43
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
With Higuain heading for the door you can be almost certain Real Madrid will have concrete interest in the likes of Cavani, Suarez, Rooney, Bale.. and essentially any other teams top scoring star.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:49 AM   #44
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Isco to Real Madrid confirmed Malaga's owner.

Quote:
Ah, so you think it's just Suarez trying to engineer a move with all the "I'd give my soul to Real Madrid" stuff?

Old 06-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #45
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Guradiola was officially unveiled as the new Bayern boss yesterday, apparently he held his press conference in fluent German.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #46
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Ancelotti confirmed as the new Real Madrid manager on a 3 year contract, and Laurent Blanc is the new PSG manager.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #47
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I have this overwhelming urge for Pep to be a colossal failure at Bayern. Don't know why.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #48
Grommers
Side-Kick

It will be interesting to see how Pep does, he obviously is coming into a very strong team, much like he did with Barcelona, however they do play a much different style that is much harder to replicate year after year, where as a form like tiki taka since it's a very unique strategy is much easier, since teams can't prepare as well since they don't play it as often.

I personally hope Dortmund are the stronger team next year, not only am I a big fan of there jerseys and fans, they are a club who seems to hold a lot of strong morals, and build a lot of there players.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #49
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Hope Higuain does well at Arsenal. And also hope he's the 1st of a few big signings.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #50
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah...he's the ideal striker I'd have wished for us to sign, but it's going to be disheartening watching him potentially bang in goals against us left right and centre for Chelsea.

Closed Thread